Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:55:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297650 times)
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:22:22 PM

@neleonele Find me at https://twitter.com/FatGuyDoesOcto hehe Grin

So you are Xetamax? I have to ask what language you speak, I feel like I'm onto something here...

oh i am so sorry on my english,but i am giving my best....
English is my secondary language,i am Serbian Roll Eyes

Oh, no worries on English being your second language, It is also mine too.   Wink
https://i.imgur.com/UfKCqoD.png
Time for a new avatar?

thank u very much,i like it

https://twitter.com/XeTaMax1

djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:35:26 PM

retweeted the video, great job! very "middle america, vote or die" vibe going on with the tunes lol.

also, i'm CoinJesus, feel free to give me a follow, i'll re-follow anyone else, trying to get my numbers out, mostly tweet about blackcoin and octocoin.

and hey, bad news, we were overtaken back to the #17 spot guys. this is exactly what i was talking about, the marginal movement forward is awsome don't get me wrong, but we don't have the momentum to slingshot past the current competitors, and the known unknown competitors which can show up overnight and overtake us.

that video is the first piece of the puzzle, i think that the next piece would be a brainstormed list of places that we can post that video to, ie. i want people to post hyperlinks in this thread, and i'll compile a list for us. what twitter accounts to target ie. adding @whatever in the tweet gets it seen by that person, and potentially all of their followers.

what reddit channels to bring it up in

what IRC channels to post in (this one's a big deal imo, already linked pro-octo tweets in the mintpal channel, not sure if anyone took notice)

and if we can keep linking the SAME tweet over a wide area, then that's how we'll get nice stats for that tweet, ie. 500 views for 1 instead of 10 views for 50 separate ones. that will have more retweets and favorites. and that reminds me, be sure to favorite every pro octo tweet you see!

what BCT threads to post in.

keep in mind, there's some places where we do NOT want to post, ie. in any coin's "home turf" who have proved themselves confrontational, and who like to attack other coins they see as a threat. we do NOT need any bad blood in the community. just ONE bad event can sour thousands of people, and invite DDoS attacks on our nodes, pools etc. so please do NOT instigate anything. we comport ourselves with dignity and honour. we're the gentleocto's of the deep, and we do not fuck around.

media blitz!

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 10:33:44 PM by GWCalvert

Signed into my main Twitter account {I have a few  Wink } and followed those I could locate. Tweeted the video to my 2000+ followers there. Not sure how many of them are into cryptocurrency, but there are quite a few libertarians and card players in the bunch. I need to log in there more... Today was my first tweet since January!?!

Also, when you tweet about OctoCoin use the hash tag #Vote888Mintpal. You may also want to mention in your tweets @mintpal and/or @octocoin so they can see the effort that is being put forth to get listed.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

People i like it Grin
maybe we all can have the same with ours names???

https://twitter.com/FatGuyDoesOcto

what u think?

Who's making them?  Would love one of those for Twitter with my new moniker.

SquidsIn

(formerly JaggedMiner)

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:08:42 PM

People i like it Grin

what u think?

SquidsIn

(formerly JaggedMiner)

TheNotFatGuy is making them. Or find him on Twitter: @FatGuyDoesOcto

Welcome Back.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:28:27 PM

People i like it Grin

what u think?

SquidsIn

(formerly JaggedMiner)

+888
Grin

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

retweeted the video, great job! very "middle america, vote or die" vibe going on with the tunes lol.

also, i'm CoinJesus, feel free to give me a follow, i'll re-follow anyone else, trying to get my numbers out, mostly tweet about blackcoin and octocoin.

and hey, bad news, we were overtaken back to the #17 spot guys. this is exactly what i was talking about, the marginal movement forward is awsome don't get me wrong, but we don't have the momentum to slingshot past the current competitors, and the known unknown competitors which can show up overnight and overtake us.

that video is the first piece of the puzzle, i think that the next piece would be a brainstormed list of places that we can post that video to, ie. i want people to post hyperlinks in this thread, and i'll compile a list for us. what twitter accounts to target ie. adding @whatever in the tweet gets it seen by that person, and potentially all of their followers.

what IRC channels to post in (this one's a big deal imo, already linked pro-octo tweets in the mintpal channel, not sure if anyone took notice)

and if we can keep linking the SAME tweet over a wide area, then that's how we'll get nice stats for that tweet, ie. 500 views for 1 instead of 10 views for 50 separate ones. that will have more retweets and favorites. and that reminds me, be sure to favorite every pro octo tweet you see!

keep in mind, there's some places where we do NOT want to post, ie. in any coin's "home turf" who have proved themselves confrontational, and who like to attack other coins they see as a threat. we do NOT need any bad blood in the community. just ONE bad event can sour thousands of people, and invite DDoS attacks on our nodes, pools etc. so please do NOT instigate anything. we comport ourselves with dignity and honour. we're the gentleocto's of the deep, and we do not fuck around.

media blitz!

If you are looking for friendly forums to post anything related to Octocoin, you are always welcome at:

Crypto Moms - dedicated to bringing women into the world of cryptocurrency     
                     http://cryptomoms.com/

Fire Fighters For Digital Currency - dedicated to bringing fire fighters into cryptocurrency and supporting their many charities
                                            -  they already have a link to the Octocoin website on the site!
                                                http://ff4dc.com/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:01:46 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 11:12:41 AM by Stonerboy

I had an good promo idea for later, when Octocoin is bigger than now.
Cause Octo has to do with gambling, maybe we could sponsor 1-2 good (and maybe famous) Pokerplayers to the WSOP.
This would be a great story i think.

All in all, maybe someone could make a Octocoin Poker logo, so i'll print them on shirts and give them to some of my friends.
Living only a few kilometers away from Europe's biggest pokerroom, so maybe they'll wear it while they're playing there.  Cheesy

frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 06:36:52 PM

media blitz!

If you are looking for friendly forums to post anything related to Octocoin, you are always welcome at:

Fire Fighters For Digital Currency - dedicated to bringing fire fighters into cryptocurrency and supporting their many charities
                                            -  they already have a link to the Octocoin website on the site!

great post. i will be watching cryptomoms. i think that the woman/moms demographic is really important. it seems that most people interested in crypto are male. most marketing will tell you to reach out to the woman and the moms and you will be successful. interesting forum there. i posted a few posts about Octo and maybe we will see some of their users show up here to check out Otco and our community here.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:03:24 PM

media blitz!

-  they already have a link to the Octocoin website on the site!

great post. i will be watching cryptomoms. i think that the woman/moms demographic is really important. it seems that most people interested in crypto are male. most marketing will tell you to reach out to the woman and the moms and you will be successful. interesting forum there. i posted a few posts about Octo and maybe we will see some of their users show up here to check out Otco and our community here.

Hi frameLAlife, I just wanted you to know that I visited your forum, after reading what you posted at Cryptomoms. Great posts. Cryptomoms is a currency neutral site with a slight bias towards DNotes, being the sponsor. I strongly encourage you to be an active participant. Hopefully, you will attract some of Cryptomoms’ growing list of members and visitors. I will be back to visit you guys when I have more time.

Alan Yong, Cofounder of DNotes and Cryptomoms.
Learn more:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-dnotes-block-reward-reduce-080300040.html
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:59:50 PM

How long will people dump for a price like this?

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:16:35 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 08:29:34 PM by bholzer

It's private multipools mining 888 and auto-dumping for BTC - we've been dealing with the same situation for a while with Murraycoin. There is no strategy - they just sell to the top bidders no matter what. If there isn't enough buy support, the price just slowly dwindles down. The good news is that it can recover rapidly as there is virtually zero downward pressure on many of these quality alts. If FusionHash can get their X11 multipools up soon it would quickly reverse the trend. At sub-10 BTC daily volume, you will not see an accurate representation of an altcoin's value. *edit: also realized the block reward drops by over 50% in about a week - this will really cut down on the auto-dumps.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

It's private multipools mining 888 and auto-dumping for BTC - we've been dealing with the same situation for a while with Murraycoin. There is no strategy - they just sell to the top bidders no matter what. If there isn't enough buy support, the price just slowly dwindles down. The good news is that it can recover rapidly as there is virtually zero downward pressure on many of these quality alts. If FusionHash can get their X11 multipools up soon it would quickly reverse the trend. At sub-10 BTC daily volume, you will not see an accurate representation of an altcoin's value. *edit: also realized the block reward drops by over 50% in about a week - this will really cut down on the auto-dumps.

Ah okay. That makes sense to me. I just couldn't believe that there are people out there selling their coins for nothing.
I hope by next week things will start getting better.  Smiley
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:14:58 AM

Ah okay. That makes sense to me. I just couldn't believe that there are people out there selling their coins for nothing.
I hope by next week things will start getting better.  Smiley
yeh the multi pool dumping is ridic.....

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:37:26 AM

See, if I can ever get my multipool situation off the ground, its things like this I want to avoid. I'm still working on a gameplan but the amount of distractions, detours, and interventions by Murphy's Law have been completely ridiculous.

@Thenotfatguy - Sent you that bounty I owe ya Wink
Sorry it took so long, pumping coins back into my own pool plus having to reformat my mining rig's screwy usb stick every other day is getting tedious!

edit: at least one of my detours involved a close encounter with a female kind.

joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:02:02 PM

I'm thinking 13 by the end of the week on MintPal... any takers on that? I'll betcha some Octo!  Tongue
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:37:38 PM

I'm thinking 13 by the end of the week on MintPal... any takers on that? I'll betcha some Octo!  Tongue

Will be hard without payed votes.  Cheesy
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 09:56:29 PM

i think it's doable.

OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:06:12 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 10:29:41 PM by OctoCoin

The new OctoCoin Reddit Tip Bot is nearly complete - it was temporarily bumped down the priority list as more resources were needed to collaborate on a key aspect of one of our big projects (which is now nearing completion). We will be releasing a small (optional) update to the OctoCoin client which adds a bit more functionality, fixes a couple of minor bugs (such as issues where the QT client was sometimes closing incorrectly on Windows if it was still open during a reboot/etc), and will be implementing a (beta) stealth addresses feature. Of course, as strong believers in the open source movement, we will be contributing a number of the bug fixes and minor enhancements to Bitcoin Core (obviously, the vast majority of the OctoCoin code is a direct result of their effort and it's only fair to give back). The stealth addresses feature will add additional anonymity to OctoCoin and we should be the first coin to include this technology in our official client (although I'm sure it will be "borrowed" by a number of other coins shortly after we release the source - we're debating a binary-only release for the first 30 days).

Finally, we have been given the green light to provide a teaser for one of our upcoming projects: OctoBank (working title). OctoBank will fill a variety of voids which include paying interest on deposited 888, providing economical escrow services, an Android app (and hopefully an iOS app although we haven't broken ground on it yet), and, in the near future, a debit card which allows you to take out cash in your local currency at a variety of ATMs (countries/currencies TBA). While we originally intended to act as a 2-way exchange as well, we ran into a number of hurdles with USD restrictions and banking regulations (paperwork has been filed but the wheels are moving slowly!) but the features we've listed here will all be launch features and will absolutely include US ATMs (we will just be working with a 3rd party bank to facilitate the transactions initially). Obviously, we aren't currently at a volume where this service seems to make a lot of sense but I can assure you we will get there before you know it. Based on our release schedule, OctoBank (can't stress enough that this is just our working title - can you tell I hate it?) should be the 3rd major OctoCoin-exclusive service we launch (while the two before it will, unfortunately, remain shrouded in secrecy for the time-being).

We targeted Q3 2014 for the release of our first 3 major services and, well... we're now in Q3. The pressure is high but things are progressing well. As somebody who knows where we're at, understands what remains, and also must consider the additional management of services as they are released... I think it would be prudent to lower expectations to 2 services released in Q3 - if we can beat that, it's just icing on the cake. It's important to stay on top of the less-complex tasks as well such as ensuring the OctoCoin Core remains solid and technologically advanced and our marketing strategy is put into effect as well. There is an important balance here and I'm confident we can reach that balance.

I want to close by once again thanking our awesome community - you are all OctoWorthy.
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:21:06 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 10:38:21 PM by Stonerboy

The new OctoCoin Reddit Tip Bot is nearly complete - it was temporarily bumped down the priority list as more resources were needed to collaborate on a key aspect of one of our big projects (which is now nearing completion). We will be releasing a small (optional) update to the OctoCoin client which adds a bit more functionality, fixes a couple of minor bugs (such as issues where the QT client was sometimes closing incorrectly on Windows if it was still open during a reboot/etc), and will be implementing a (beta) stealth addresses feature. Of course, as strong believers in the open source movement, we will be contributing a number of the bug fixes and minor enhancements to Bitcoin Core (obviously, the vast majority of the OctoCoin code is a direct result of their effort and it's only fair to give back). The stealth addresses feature will add additional anonymity to OctoCoin and we should be the first coin to include this technology in our official client (although I'm sure it will be "borrowed" by a number of other coins shortly after we release the source - we're debating a binary-only release for the first 30 days).

Finally, we have been given the green light to provide a teaser one of our upcoming projects: OctoBank (working title). OctoBank will fill a variety of voids which include paying interest on deposited 888, providing economical escrow services, an Android app (and hopefully an iOS app although we haven't broken ground on it yet), and, in the near future, a debit card which allows you to take out cash in your local currency at a variety of ATMs (countries/currencies TBA). While we originally intended to act as a 2-way exchange as well, we ran into a number of hurdles with USD restrictions and banking regulations (paperwork has been filed but the wheels are moving slowly!) but the features we've listed here will all be launch features and will absolutely include US ATMs (we will just be working with a 3rd party bank to facilitate the transactions initially). Obviously, we aren't currently at a volume where this service seems to make a lot of sense but I can assure you we will get there before you know it. Based on our release schedule, OctoBank (can't stress enough that this is just our working title - can you tell I hate it?) should be the 3rd major OctoCoin-exclusive service we launch (while the two before it will, unfortunately, remain shrouded in secrecy for the time-being).

We targeted Q3 2014 for the release of our first 3 major services and, well... we're now in Q3. The pressure is high but things are progressing well. As somebody who knows where we're at, understands what remains, and also must consider the additional management of services as they are released... I think it would be prudent to lower expectations to 2 services released in Q3 - if we can beat that, it's just icing on the cake. It's important to stay on top of the less-complex tasks as well such as ensuring the OctoCoin Core remains solid and technologically advanced and our marketing strategy is put into effect as well. There is an important balance here and I'm confident we can reach that balance.

I want to close by once again thanking our awesome community - you are all OctoWorthy.

+888

Sounds very great!  Smiley
Can't wait!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: