Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:51:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:15:59 PM

Devs...

It might be an idea to change the title of this thread again...

It could be interpreted as "Don't Blink, may hard fork" for anybody who doesn't know the history and that the hard fork has passed without incident.  This may cause some confusion / uncertainty as to the future of Octo.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:22:26 PM

Devs...

It might be an idea to change the title of this thread again...

It could be interpreted as "Don't Blink, may hard fork" for anybody who doesn't know the history and that the hard fork has passed without incident.  This may cause some confusion / uncertainty as to the future of Octo.

that is correct. they may think you meant that the coin may hardfork instead of the month of May. lol.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
he-man

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:21:50 PM

Whats up octocoiners Cheesy It is fun to see my first coin I mined is starting to gain some volume. Ever since cryptorush screwed us, it has been hard to get hold of octocoins, but in some way for the faithful miners and believers  it was a good thing. Is there any news I missed out on the past few weeks ? Been working to much, haven't had the time to read the forums.

Donate if you like he-man Wink

8bgxSh44Gx9fHtn5AKnWXEuVz9vgvfgREd
GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 10:44:44 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 10:55:04 PM by GWCalvert

Whats up octocoiners Cheesy It is fun to see my first coin I mined is starting to gain some volume. Ever since cryptorush screwed us, it has been hard to get hold of octocoins, but in some way for the faithful miners and believers  it was a good thing. Is there any news I missed out on the past few weeks ? Been working to much, haven't had the time to read the forums.

Quick recap of the OctoDev's latest announcements: They are targeting three projects to be released by the end of August (the end of their 3rd quarter). Said probably would only get two done, but three would be like icing on the cake.

One of these projects is a bank type structure where you can deposit OctoCoin and earn interest. ATM debit card, etc. They said this would probably be the third project completed.

The other two projects remain "shrouded in secrecy" for now.

Releasing a new Reddit tip bot and an (optional) wallet update, which may have some type of (beta) stealth address feature.

This OctoDev update is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504265.2163

The OctoDevs are also planning an anniversary party for next March in Vegas. We are all invited. No firm details, yet, but sounds like fun to me!

Some other stuff there about the updated wallet release time-frame and the Reddit tip-bot: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504265.2207

Bonus blocks have ended and we are in the midst of a push to get listed at Mintpal. There are some graphics for OctCoin here: http://garycalvert.com/octo/ and a video for the "Get Out the Vote" campaign here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RpXy7ZWbug

If you are on Twitter, tweet the video link to your followers and @Mintpal and @OctoCoin. You could also use the hashtag #vote888mintpal.

Interest in the coin is up and so is the price. Several new faces have shown up the past couple weeks, joining our merry little band of OctoWorshipers.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If anyone else can think of something to add; jump in!

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:48:36 PM

Quick recap of the OctoDev's latest announcements: They are targeting three projects to be released by the end of August (the end of their 3rd quarter). Said probably would only get two done, but three would be like icing on the cake.

One of these projects is a bank type structure where you can deposit OctoCoin and earn interest. ATM debit card, etc. They said this would probably be the third project completed.

Releasing a new Reddit tip bot and an (optional) wallet update, which may have some type of (beta) stealth address feature.

This OctoDev update is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504265.2163

The OctoDevs are also planning an anniversary party for next March in Vegas. We are all invited. No firm details, yet, but sounds like fun to me!

Some other stuff there about the updated wallet release time-frame and the Reddit tip-bot: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504265.2207

Bonus blocks have ended and we are in the midst of a push to get listed at Mintpal. There are some graphics for OctCoin here: http://garycalvert.com/octo/ and a video for the "Get Out the Vote" campaign here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RpXy7ZWbug

If you are on Twitter, tweet the video link to your followers and @Mintpal and @OctoCoin. You could also use the hashtag #vote888mintpal.

Interest in the coin is up and so is the price. Several new faces have shown up the past couple weeks, joining our merry little band of OctoWorshipers.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If anyone else can think of something to add; jump in!

Don't forget, devs said that two of the secret apps might be cloud based and require the liquidity of larger exchanges.

They also talked like one of the first 2 surprises was the stealth addresses for anonymous transactions with 888.

Original rumors back in March at launch were a crowd funding app and something related to gaming/gambling (hence the 8 as it's good luck in China).

My official guess and hope is that one of the apps is a cloud based or application based payment processor that accepts BTC and 888. Fingers crossed.

deepcoreotc

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:07:15 AM

1) whoever has that obscenely high octo sell order on bittrex, can you pull it please? it skews badly if you look at the data. shows that there's 75% BTC sell orders to 25% buy orders, this doesn't look good. also, if you click on the chart, it's entirely red, you can't even see a single buy order (green) cause they're blocked by this ridiculous sell order. i know we're all excited for 1 888 = $1,000 but let's try and get a grip.

2) coinmine.pw exploits coins when they can using code which looks for bonus blocks. this is why we had to hardfork, was specifically because of this pool. this is bad for the whole crypto scene, and only hurts coins. i'll keep my hashes at one of the many legit, reputable pools on the first post of this thread. i try not to reward people/products/services who purposefully take advantage of others, if only for pragmatic reasons, in that i want crypto to succeed as a whole. pools like this do not help. I'd recommend fedaykin's incredibly low 0.2% fee or fusionhash's incredible <100% block find rate.

3) tell me you can ship jerky to canada, america just does jerky right, i'm already salivating.

I do ship to Canada, did you already place an order?
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:08:11 AM

We assure you we will be providing more information shortly. It's important to us to protect the integrity of our business model and products/services being developed but it's also important to us that everybody can make informed decisions regarding their investment in OctoCoin. As the value rises, the stakes rise with it. We will be doing everything we can to strike a balance there while also providing an official progress tracker (confirmed) and demos where possible. To really begin separating OctoCoin from the pack we understand the need to begin tearing away the wrapping paper and exposing some of what is happening behind the scenes. We are confident that we have assembled the avant-garde cryptocurrency team and believe it's time we start providing the world with a taste. Anybody can promise the world; we will deliver.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:10:12 AM

We assure you we will be providing more information shortly. It's important to us to protect the integrity of our business model and products/services being developed but it's also important to us that everybody can make informed decisions regarding their investment in OctoCoin. As the value rises, the stakes rise with it. We will be doing everything we can to strike a balance there while also providing an official progress tracker (confirmed) and demos where possible. To really begin separating OctoCoin from the pack we understand the need to begin tearing away the wrapping paper and exposing some of what is happening behind the scenes. We are confident that we have assembled the avant-garde cryptocurrency team and believe it's time we start providing the world with a taste. Anybody can promise the world; we will deliver.

Can't wait to see what's in store Tongue

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:40:10 AM

I've missed a few pages of posts, need to do some back reading.. Hopefully I haven't missed anything urgent. You guys can always PM me if something comes up that I need to know! Been pretty busy with various projects, as well as making improvements to my existing pools, and trying to make the Octocoin pool more competitive to attract more hashes Smiley

Changed up some stuff on the pool, as I've had some complaints about vardiff giving some people's hardware a hard time. First tried lowering max vardiff settings, that didn't work out very well, so we've made the switch to NOMP for the stratum. Took me a while to get my head around it since I haven't used it in this way, but now that I've gotten it up and running, I think its going to make things a lot smoother. I've set up vardiff on the usual port, and have a few other ports set at fixed difficulties for those that have problems when vardiff locks them in at a high setting.
3333-3334: VARDIFF - 16-1024
3335: Fixed - 16
3336: Fixed - 256
3337: Fixed - 512
3338: Fixed - 1024

I'm hoping this covers all use cases, but if anyone has any issues just let me know and I'll go back and tweak. The drive to constantly improve upon things never stops, so always open to any suggestions!

At some point in the next day or so, Octo-Chance will have a few minutes of downtime for updates and a couple of small bugfixes. If anyone's had trouble withdrawing, that'll be fixed, but as far as I'm aware there haven't been issues with Octocoin. There's a bug with the address validation code that sometimes fails valid addresses, getting that changed over to use the wallet for validation.

shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:43:45 AM

You definitely have a way with words. I swear you must pay a professional speech writer to write your posts for you. They get me way too excited and pumped up! I know your team is working hard, and it's so refreshing to be a part of a professional community. Thanks for all you do.

Looking forward to the future!
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 04:08:51 AM

I've been silenced  Smiley

Looking good guys.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:48:21 AM

Now shipping to Cananda

Buffalo Raised Without Added Hormones and Without Antibiotics
    No Preservatives
    No Added MSG
    NO Nitrite
    NO Erythorbate
    NO Artificial Ingredients
    Only Minimally Processed

visit http://jaysjerkyandgoodies.auctivacommerce.com/Default.aspx
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:09:42 AM

+888
he-man

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:32:42 AM

Thx for the recap Cheesy , and it was great to hear from the Octo developer. I have been buying more Octocoins slowly. We have a steady rise, and volume is stable. I don't think miners will dump much at this price so the trend will continue upwards Cheesy

Donate if you like he-man Wink

8bgxSh44Gx9fHtn5AKnWXEuVz9vgvfgREd
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:15:33 PM

Now shipping to Cananda

No Preservatives
    No Added MSG
    NO Nitrite
    NO Erythorbate
    Only Minimally Processed

hey i'm trying to buy the bulk natural jerky order, but there's no buy with bitcoin option at the bottom? (which i understand is the way to initiate paying with any supported crypto?) i want to make my first purchase with octocoin real flashy Smiley

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:01:39 PM

Now shipping to Cananda

No Preservatives
    No Added MSG
    NO Nitrite
    NO Erythorbate
    Only Minimally Processed

hey i'm trying to buy the bulk natural jerky order, but there's no buy with bitcoin option at the bottom? (which i understand is the way to initiate paying with any supported crypto?) i want to make my first purchase with octocoin real flashy Smiley

Sorry about the confusion, If you would like to make a bulk order please email me @ jaysjerky@live.com with subject-line: Want me some jerky.  Then supply the name that you want to use on the order, address you want order shipped to.  And of course what item(s) you would like to order.  Once I receive that info I would then send you an invoice with payment info and expected time for delivery.  

Thank you greatly for your support.  And remember, Mining and munching:A match made in crypto heaven.  Smiley
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:32:40 PM

I wake up and the first thing I see when I switch on my screen and refresh the page is some really delicious looking jerky. I cannot buy this with Octos? DO WANT.

As for the pool, I'm going to let our awesome hashrate speak for itself and assume that my upgrades have been satisfactory! We are kicking some ass today!

Now that I'm caught up on sleep, and nearly caught up on work, time to get more useful stuff done.. I swear, the last couple days have been nearly a complete turnaround from the usual cruddy luck I've been having.

Thanks for the continued pool support everyone!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:33:59 PM

I wake up and the first thing I see when I switch on my screen and refresh the page is some really delicious looking jerky. I cannot buy this with Octos? DO WANT.

As for the pool, I'm going to let our awesome hashrate speak for itself and assume that my upgrades have been satisfactory! We are kicking some ass today!

Now that I'm caught up on sleep, and nearly caught up on work, time to get more useful stuff done.. I swear, the last couple days have been nearly a complete turnaround from the usual cruddy luck I've been having.

glad to hear everything's looking up for ya edric Smiley

deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:03:31 AM

you can indeed buy with Octos, come visit us at http://jaysjerkyandgoodies.auctivacommerce.com/  for more detail and see all the awesome tasting jerky we have.
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:19:29 AM

Summary or link of coin features?
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: