Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:04:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:55:55 AM

Not coming from a crypto or finance background I have wild thought and I don’t know if this is even possible…
If a lot of people trade / use a coin the price goes up? Right?
So the question would be how to I motivate people to trade a coin?

What is if the withecoinfoundation would take 3% transaction fee for every trade someone does with whitecoin and stores those coins in the WCF wallet.
Then once a week 100% of those coins are then equally shared with every user registered that has a whitecoinwallet. The only condition is that the user also did at least one transaction that week. This would increase the volume of transactions because the people would spend to also get something back.
I guess every time you do shower on IRC a lot more people log in then on normal days. That’s the same principal but only on larger scale.
imagine it would be normal to pay with different currencies in the same country. for example you could have USD and € on your bank account and could use them as you want. the only difference is when you use € your bank would also pay you € back at the end of the month. even if it would not be much you probably would choose to use € over USD.
in the future hopefully crpyto coins will be accepted at all major online stores - i would use the one where i would get something back.
Again I have no clue if this works but I thought ill share this idea with you guys. best

Yeah theres nothing stopping such a device, when mining is finished with bitcoin, blocks (transactions) will be processed with a fee which goes to miners.

It sure is possible to have that happen and your idea of having a mandatory transaction to receive a payout sounds interesting and definately would boost trade volume.

3% is too high, you'd be looking more along the lines of 0.5%

Its a different concept and I like the thinking outside the box
xuser

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:15:37 AM

any news about wc?

Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN !!! Vr34YoAisMrDsTqsHJnwTKsjTKikY3kBxS
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:48:07 AM

So there have been some really good ideas on here about WC and how this coin could be implemented better and gain more acceptance etc.

yet the foundation sit by talking about registering as a foundation, holding logo comps and basically doing not a whole lot to add any value to this coin.

Wait until another coin takes the void idea that has been suggested here and watch it rocket. We will be crying on the sidelines - again (anon anyone?)

I've been in since the start, gone through it all but gosh, this coin and the "foundation" are starting to test my patience.   

Happy to eat my words if there is something major in the works but I'm sick of the fluff. I want to see some actual innovation and development on the coin.
Ownski

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:54:09 PM

So there have been some really good ideas on here about WC and how this coin could be implemented better and gain more acceptance etc.

yet the foundation sit by talking about registering as a foundation, holding logo comps and basically doing not a whole lot to add any value to this coin.

Wait until another coin takes the void idea that has been suggested here and watch it rocket. We will be crying on the sidelines - again (anon anyone?)

I've been in since the start, gone through it all but gosh, this coin and the "foundation" are starting to test my patience.   

Happy to eat my words if there is something major in the works but I'm sick of the fluff. I want to see some actual innovation and development on the coin.

+1

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:35:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

I understand there is some frustration regarding development of new features, I'd like to take a moment to explain a bit about that.

We are trying to avoid implementing hastily developed features like other coins, which is why we proceeded carefully in regards to Anon. I'm quite pleased with the plan that is coming together and I believe there will be very big and happy news for all of you this week on that front.

In regards to registering the foundation, I understand that to those with more of a technical background the benefits of this may not be clear, but in my opinion is it key to us breaking out of the altcoin market and gaining actual mainstream acceptance. All of the pieces are now in place, all we need to do is see this through as a community and our recovery will be complete.

I'll also take this opportunity to remind you that this coin belongs to you the community. We aren't like other coins. Responsibility in WhiteCoin's future rests with all of us equally. Given the history of WhiteCoin, the entire point of the foundation is meant to be that if you aren't satisfied with current operations, you have a means to participate in its improvement.

My role has always been to facilitate the transfer of control from the old dev to the community. That means when we deliver things like logo contests, it's at the community's request. We offered this conceptual logo six weeks ago but there was some concern in the community that we were making decisions without giving people a chance to have their say, which is why we did the contest to confirm it.

In two months a great deal of work has been done, and I believe the next two we'll see even more. But that depends upon continued involvement by people liike you.

Best regards,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
leonar76

Activity: 678
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:08:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

I understand there is some frustration regarding development of new features, I'd like to take a moment to explain a bit about that.

We are trying to avoid implementing hastily developed features like other coins, which is why we proceeded carefully in regards to Anon. I'm quite pleased with the plan that is coming together and I believe there will be very big and happy news for all of you this week on that front.

In regards to registering the foundation, I understand that to those with more of a technical background the benefits of this may not be clear, but in my opinion is it key to us breaking out of the altcoin market and gaining actual mainstream acceptance. All of the pieces are now in place, all we need to do is see this through as a community and our recovery will be complete.

I'll also take this opportunity to remind you that this coin belongs to you the community. We aren't like other coins. Responsibility in WhiteCoin's future rests with all of us equally. Given the history of WhiteCoin, the entire point of the foundation is meant to be that if you aren't satisfied with current operations, you have a means to participate in its improvement.

My role has always been to facilitate the transfer of control from the old dev to the community. That means when we deliver things like logo contests, it's at the community's request. We offered this conceptual logo six weeks ago but there was some concern in the community that we were making decisions without giving people a chance to have their say, which is why we did the contest to confirm it.

In two months a great deal of work has been done, and I believe the next two we'll see even more. But that depends upon continued involvement by people liike you.

Best regards,

Chris

good work. thanks.
Pantalaimon

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:45:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

Best regards,

Chris

I agree things shouldn't be implemented hastily, especially things like anon/whiteout. But my main concern is there are no updates whatsoever on the technical development of the coin. All the talk is about the foundation and registering it, but not a single word from the development department. We have nothing to build a hype on future features. Who are the developers at this moment, and what are they working on right now?

We have a new logo for what, two weeks now? Shouldn't the wallet be among the first things to be updated with this new and improved design?

I'm still holding on to my WC, but my patience is wearing thin. I don't come here as often as I used to, and my focus has shifted to other coins. I don't want to take my losses and cash out, because I still think this coin has lots of potential.

mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

Best regards,

Chris

I agree things shouldn't be implemented hastily, especially things like anon/whiteout. But my main concern is there are no updates whatsoever on the technical development of the coin. All the talk is about the foundation and registering it, but not a single word from the development department. We have nothing to build a hype on future features. Who are the developers at this moment, and what are they working on right now?

We have a new logo for what, two weeks now? Shouldn't the wallet be among the first things to be updated with this new and improved design?

I'm still holding on to my WC, but my patience is wearing thin. I don't come here as often as I used to, and my focus has shifted to other coins. I don't want to take my losses and cash out, because I still think this coin has lots of potential.

I can't disagree on any particular point. I've had this conversation directly with our senior dev and he has assured me that he's going to make this delay up to us.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:31:13 PM

Best regards,

Chris

+1

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Asgardian

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:52:48 PM

I still have faith, if anything I'll buy some more coins Smiley

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
piotrek

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:36:55 PM

How many new coins can be pumped and dumped? We all know the trick.

WC team is working on some really cool real life stuff. That's new Smiley Thx 4 your time BTW!

As you can see, it takes much time, so keep calm and support the community. ( <- that could be a nice pic ... if ya know what I mean ; )

My WC tip tank: Wh5S4yYXXNet3oWqcDCV3KuBSGpCHnqP
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:48:14 PM

How many new coins can be pumped and dumped? We all know the trick.

WC team is working on some really cool real life stuff. That's new Smiley Thx 4 your time BTW!

As you can see, it takes much time, so keep calm and support the community. ( <- that could be a nice pic ... if ya know what I mean ; )

Haha that would be a good one.

And its true Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
piotrek

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:02:35 PM

+1 Cool

My WC tip tank: Wh5S4yYXXNet3oWqcDCV3KuBSGpCHnqP
eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Today is BUY!! :-)
Kestrel71

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:41:59 PM

I'm quite pleased with the plan that is coming together and I believe there will be very big and happy news for all of you this week on that front.
Look forward to this big news within the week. 
leonar76

Activity: 678
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:41:03 AM

buy time !!!! good news coming this week.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:37:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

Best regards,

Chris

This is precisely what i was talking about before. If you sit there debating and planning too long, the hype starts to get old and you missed the train. We need to pull full steam ahead on this hype because i believe the anon hype is actually one of the only hypes that is actually going to be based on feature that some people find essential in the coin.

Whiteout needs to have a white paper asap. A sister coin could work out well and be the best solution because i do believe mogonzo in correct about breaking out of the alt market. We need to appeal to mainstream users and those that are not sucked into the circle jerk investing of the alt markets.

However time is of the essence. The issue comes down to funding again. The sister coin should be born with 330M  300 directly claimed by wc owners. 30 Million held by foundation in a transparent public wallet that will over time fund full development of whiteout. Lead devs and lead community managers should be paid % according to successful projects completed.

When i suggested the name whiteout originally i had more a snow blizzard kind of image in mind rather than a bottle of typed correction fluid Smiley but hey let's get whiteout going either way asap. The void idea is also excellent. Let's get mindfox back now whiteout will have some funds to pay him with, can't expect top level developers to work for nothing.

There is no reason not to push full speed ahead with this now before some coin really does pull of a great anon system and the party is over.

mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

For some days now (a lot actually) an effort has been made to create many localized versions of our wallet.

By cutting and pasting, we were able to create some content, but we need your help.

Anyone who wants to assist in translation of the wallet, please visit and register an account (free) here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/

Also, I would like to apologize for my long absence from here and the irc, but make sure that I am watching the irc (in here it's very difficult as my browser at home crashes on me all the time and I need to re-format - but don't have the time to do that right now Smiley )

I will do my best to get more time for new features for WC, but I can always use your ideas.
But, original ideas, not copy/paste from other coin ideas. Let's try to be original Smiley
asdf55

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:49:12 PM

IMHO anonymity hype is almost over every new coin have some sort of it and not one is working well causing many problems. It's a short term gain with anon. WC should go other way - full transparent with registered foundation - unique thing no coin have, and than build up around that.

surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:20:07 PM

For some days now (a lot actually) an effort has been made to create many localized versions of our wallet.

By cutting and pasting, we were able to create some content, but we need your help.

Anyone who wants to assist in translation of the wallet, please visit and register an account (free) here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/

Also, I would like to apologize for my long absence from here and the irc, but make sure that I am watching the irc (in here it's very difficult as my browser at home crashes on me all the time and I need to re-format - but don't have the time to do that right now Smiley )

I will do my best to get more time for new features for WC, but I can always use your ideas.
But, original ideas, not copy/paste from other coin ideas. Let's try to be original Smiley

Great, thanks for the update mindfox!

Will talk to a few of my friends who speak other languages to see if they can help.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: