Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

I am hopping the offer is better than a 1.2Th/s for our $6,000. That solution is not economically viable at this time.

Right, with the long wait and price paid, the competition already is way ahead by a gigantic margin and we are left behind if these are/were our only purchases. Still its alot of money we burned through. With the amounts paid for 2x 1.2ths miners one can get an SP30 from spondoolies that hashes at 5.4Ths. that's more than 4x the hashing power I would be getting from AMT. Plus they offer a free month of hosting prior to shipping as an option.

Alternately one could get bitmaintech's S2 Antminer at 2599 for 1ths (2199 with $400 coupon if you bought from them before). So 2Ths at 5198 vs 5599 for 1.2Ths with an already better efficiency per GHs/watt all things considered (seeing as the current AMT miners require at least 1600Watts to run.

There are other vendors but IMO those would be the two most noteworthy from a price point. From a money perspective we pretty much got screwed in a big way if all we get is the 1.2Ths per miner we paid for (assuming 1.2Ths is what was bought).

Makes sense why so many people would want refunds....even IF we got what we paid for we lose anyway. If they throw in more hardware to make up for the loss, then it will help close that gigantic gap and restore some customer confidence.

Spondoolies SP10  -  1.4THs  -  $3,495 (One month delivery)
Antminer S2          -  1   THs -  $2,599 (Pre-order, May 8th Delivery)
Cointerra IV           - 1.6 THs -  $3,500 (In Stock, Immediate delivery)

Okay,  so what again is AMT promising for the $6,000 we've paid for?

While we still are waiting I think 2.4Ths per miner is I think a more than reasonable exchange (seeing as it also fully honors the MPP in full and closes the door to any future litigation on that point). My opinion of course. Not gonna get greedy either. But if they provided me with 2.4THs per miner (meaning if you bought two miners you get 4.8Ths) I would consider the whole matter closed from my perspective. Its not a perfect situation for anyone here. And for $5599 2.4Ths is not bad. Not great but still within a decent range. Considering that AMT is likely operating at a loss at this point, they can always write it off on next years taxes and get that money back as claimed losses (which will likely generate a refund anyway in that case). But IF and ONLY IF we had to compromise lower. I would settle for no less than 2Ths at this point. I think under the circumstances that would be the bare minimum we should accept. That and working hardware. My .2 satoshi on that. But what is proposed above would be enough I think to settle the matter for most of us provided the hardware works and is in working order when it arrives.

The problem with this whole situation is that we started to settle for less for our money. The DIY kits were a terrible compromise in things like shaving off the case and PSU, in my case close to 800 bucks cost between PSU and cases, faulty hardware that barley worked for 5 minutes on default settings before burning out (only 4 of 10 cards are working at this point and even those very conservative settings to avoid cooking them. Now we are in a situation where they are going to put forth a proposal. I think if they fulfil their end in full (MPP) it would be the only surefire way to avoid any more problems and close this whole thing out. We get what we were originally were told we would get, and they can go back to doing business and we can move all move on and put this behind us.

Hopefully they are reading this and can apply this to the option 2 proposal we are supposed to be looking at now. (first thing in the morning is now 2:15PM as of this writing)

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work.  

That is interesting.  So are you saying that even the Technobit and Dragon systems suck?

Don't blame AMT for this mess, blame the coincraft A1's.

I'd be willing to put money down on Opieum being an AMT shill or employee. He's like a full blown supporter and AMT optimist, with a slight hint of negativity just to make everyone buy the fact that he isn't involved.

It's almost as if Joshua created another handle just to interact with customers, as a customer - but the real agenda is to push this story about how "AMT was wronged by their manufacturers and are working their hardest to resolve the issue" and "let's stay positive folks!".

No you retard....I am not. If I had to guess you might also be an alt account for clenell considering how he similarly spams my inbox with the same accusations. I just know how these things go. I have been involved as a technical consultant in class action cases far larger than this. So I know realistically how this is going to play out. You are just a troll who is coming on here and saying shit you have no idea about. And the fact that I already laid out what potentially what would be acceptable terms for me at least (which is not in AMT's benefit), hard to accuse me of being a shill. But I am not going to also go and say stupid crap to piss them off. I would rather be diplomatic and work to get results than just shoot my mouth off.

Again why are you here? I asked you 3 times and you have not been able to answer the question once! you have no investment in this....are you just here to spout off dumb shit? Is that the ONLY argument you can make to a reasonable comment? That I am a shill? No I explained in another thread to loshia no less why I am doing things the way I am. Go look for it and read it. Contribute something useful to this discussion or just go away. You come on here pretty hostile and just rile people up. A provocateur. How do we know you arent AMT just getting people riled up on purpose so they can claim abuse? That happens. Cops do it to demonstrators all the time get in the crowd of protesters and do just the right thing to get the police beating the shit out of people. Since you offer nothing but insults and useless comments thats the only conclusion anyone can come to about you......offer something of actual use or go away. The thread does fine until you start jumping in and shooting your idiot mouth off.

back to ignore you go.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

I am hopping the offer is better than a 1.2Th/s for our $6,000. That solution is not economically viable at this time.

Right, with the long wait and price paid, the competition already is way ahead by a gigantic margin and we are left behind if these are/were our only purchases. Still its alot of money we burned through. With the amounts paid for 2x 1.2ths miners one can get an SP30 from spondoolies that hashes at 5.4Ths. that's more than 4x the hashing power I would be getting from AMT. Plus they offer a free month of hosting prior to shipping as an option.

Alternately one could get bitmaintech's S2 Antminer at 2599 for 1ths (2199 with $400 coupon if you bought from them before). So 2Ths at 5198 vs 5599 for 1.2Ths with an already better efficiency per GHs/watt all things considered (seeing as the current AMT miners require at least 1600Watts to run.

There are other vendors but IMO those would be the two most noteworthy from a price point. From a money perspective we pretty much got screwed in a big way if all we get is the 1.2Ths per miner we paid for (assuming 1.2Ths is what was bought).

Makes sense why so many people would want refunds....even IF we got what we paid for we lose anyway. If they throw in more hardware to make up for the loss, then it will help close that gigantic gap and restore some customer confidence.

While we still are waiting I think 2.4Ths per miner is I think a more than reasonable exchange (seeing as it also fully honors the MPP in full and closes the door to any future litigation on that point). My opinion of course. Not gonna get greedy either. But if they provided me with 2.4THs per miner (meaning if you bought two miners you get 4.8Ths) I would consider the whole matter closed from my perspective. Its not a perfect situation for anyone here. And for $5599 2.4Ths is not bad. Not great but still within a decent range. Considering that AMT is likely operating at a loss at this point, they can always write it off on next years taxes and get that money back as claimed losses (which will likely generate a refund anyway in that case). But IF and ONLY IF we had to compromise lower. I would settle for no less than 2Ths at this point. I think under the circumstances that would be the bare minimum we should accept. That and working hardware. My .2 satoshi on that. But what is proposed above would be enough I think to settle the matter for most of us provided the hardware works and is in working order when it arrives.

The problem with this whole situation is that we started to settle for less for our money. The DIY kits were a terrible compromise in things like shaving off the case and PSU, in my case close to 800 bucks cost between PSU and cases, faulty hardware that barley worked for 5 minutes on default settings before burning out (only 4 of 10 cards are working at this point and even those very conservative settings to avoid cooking them. Now we are in a situation where they are going to put forth a proposal. I think if they fulfil their end in full (MPP) it would be the only surefire way to avoid any more problems and close this whole thing out. We get what we were originally were told we would get, and they can go back to doing business and we can move all move on and put this behind us.

Hopefully they are reading this and can apply this to the option 2 proposal we are supposed to be looking at now. (first thing in the morning is now 2:15PM as of this writing)

Well option 2 seems to be most viable solution.  

(1) There is some confidence that the technobit boards are reliable.
(2) AMT already spent money to ink a deal with Technobit to acquire the designs.  They've also sent it through manufacturing.

Receiving the old miners isn't really an option since they are flawed to begin with.  AMT coming up with their own designs was a very expensive mistake.  What is very sad is that they did not communicate this and were likely only forced to take the Technobit route when their lawyers spelled out the consequences of not doing so.

The scrypt based option is also interested, however un-tested.  I aslo don't think AMT has the cash to buy Innosilicons A2 chips.

Regarding the hosted solution, well to be honest, that is also a losing proposition.  AMT can't find the talent to do assembly correctly,  how can we expect that they have the talent to run a mining operation.  Also,  the cost of electricity isn't going to be competitive in PA.   If you want cheap electricity, you got to station near a hydroelectric plant or some natural gas facility in North Dakota.

I do wonder who AMT is actually communicating with regards to an "acceptable" solution.

I am pretty sure that the plaintiffs are going to react with "WTF?" to the current list of options.

Like, I do like the Spondoodlies idea... but for an unexplained reason, AMT decides it wants to manufacture Technobit boards.   What is the gain in that?   The Technobit boards are nearly going to become obsolete with most other folks ship 1THs+ system.  Bitmain has already discontinued its 200GHs S1 blades, how long will people care for 240GHs Technobit boards? 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:41:02 PM

Unfortunately the Coincraft chips just seems to suck no matter who tries to make them work.  

That is interesting.  So are you saying that even the Technobit and Dragon systems suck?

I'd be willing to put money down on Opieum being an AMT shill or employee. He's like a full blown supporter and AMT optimist, with a slight hint of negativity just to make everyone buy the fact that he isn't involved.

It's almost as if Joshua created another handle just to interact with customers, as a customer - but the real agenda is to push this story about how "AMT was wronged by their manufacturers and are working their hardest to resolve the issue" and "let's stay positive folks!".

Opieum is a nice helpful guy. He is OK in my book. Please lets focus on trying to get a solution here first.

+1  sireminesalot  usually says stuff that doesn't make sense.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

(2) AMT already spent money to ink a deal with Technobit to acquire the designs.  They've also sent it through manufacturing.

Receiving the old miners isn't really an option since they are flawed to begin with.  AMT coming up with their own designs was a very expensive mistake.  What is very sad is that they did not communicate this and were likely only forced to take the Technobit route when their lawyers spelled out the consequences of not doing so.

The scrypt based option is also interested, however un-tested.  I aslo don't think AMT has the cash to buy Innosilicons A2 chips.

Regarding the hosted solution, well to be honest, that is also a losing proposition.  AMT can't find the talent to do assembly correctly,  how can we expect that they have the talent to run a mining operation.  Also,  the cost of electricity isn't going to be competitive in PA.   If you want cheap electricity, you got to station near a hydroelectric plant or some natural gas facility in North Dakota.

I do wonder who AMT is actually communicating with regards to an "acceptable" solution.

I am pretty sure that the plaintiffs are going to react with "WTF?" to the current list of options.

Like, I do like the Spondoodlies idea... but for an unexplained reason, AMT decides it wants to manufacture Technobit boards.   What is the gain in that?   The Technobit boards are nearly going to become obsolete with most other folks ship 1THs+ system.  Bitmain has already discontinued its 200GHs S1 blades, how long will people care for 240GHs Technobit boards?  

Not only that, the electricity rate in a residential house here is .09c a minute, but in the same mile, a co-locations electrity rate is 28c a minute. Co-Locations electric rates are much higher. Well, the one I belong to is very high end with UPS and A+B power, multiple diesel generators, Fuel trucks in the lot when there is a storm. I guess you pay for all those extras. Don't expect it to be the same as residential electric is my point. But in the case of Spondoolies, they are giving me "Free" electric with my monthly hosting fee right now. (until further notice).  1500W is about $500/month of electricity in a co-location.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:49:48 PM

Like, I do like the Spondoodlies idea... but for an unexplained reason, AMT decides it wants to manufacture Technobit boards.   What is the gain in that?   The Technobit boards are nearly going to become obsolete with most other folks ship 1THs+ system.  Bitmain has already discontinued its 200GHs S1 blades, how long will people care for 240GHs Technobit boards?  

Not only that, the electricity rate in a residential house here is .09c a minute, but in the same mile, a co-locations electrity rate is 28c a minute. Co-Locations electric rates are much higher. Well, the one I belong to is very high end with UPS and A+B power, multiple diesel generators, Fuel trucks in the lot when there is a storm. I guess you pay for all those extras. Don't expect it to be the same as residential electric is my point. But in the case of Spondoolies, they are giving me "Free" electric with my monthly hosting fee right now. (until further notice).  1500W is about $500/month of electricity in a co-location.

Colo hosting is best done in Washington state (wenachee is the chepest I have seen) and Oregon. I think spondoolies is partnering hosting in one of those states now.

2:49PM and no updates.......Eagerly awaiting.

mrpark

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:10:38 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 07:28:22 PM by mrpark

Again, AMT please answer what I should do with this broken 1.2Th/s miner, it came all the way back to me today from PA. YOU told me to RMA this back to your office, and kept telling me to "calm down" and "someone" from the office would go get it, but no one did. What am I supposed to do, keep putting this dirty thing back in the trunk of my Mercedes every time? I would like to simply put this out on the curb with the rest of my garbage since it does not work. it's not safe to keep around my office, because it has broken glass and twisted sharp metal from the case being so damaged. It is also not safe to turn it on because of the issue with the chips going up in smoke.

Please send me a 2Th/s Miner for the MPP or an instant refund of $6,000, and I am not sending this one back again either. This is completely unacceptable. Enough is enough.

You also said you would post an update here today "early morning", it is now past 3PM. I am not keeping quiet while continue to break every promise you made as you have been doing since 2013.

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:27:34 PM

Again, Please answer what I should do with this broken 1.2Th/s miner, it came all the way back to me today from PA. YOU told me to RMA this back to your office, and kept telling me to "calm down" and "someone" would go get it, but no one did. What am I supposed to do, keep putting this dirty thing back in the trunk of my Mercedes every time? I would like to simply put this out on the curb with the rest of my garbage since it does not work. it's not safe to keep around my office, because it has broken glass and twisted sharp metal from the case being so damaged.

Please send me a 2Th/s Miner for the MPP, and I am not sending this one back again either. This is completely unacceptable.

Considering the circumstances you have every right to have them arrange a pick up for the miner from FEDEX at their expense. You may want to also make this request via email as well to make sure its documented there as well. I already am kinda pissed because I am hearing the same wait till line. I was expecting the options and terms of compensation and all that this morning.

If we get to RMA this stuff ok fine....if they just shipping us new miners outright so we can toss the junk out that would be ok too. But I presume they gonna want the miners back for RMA purposes and to persue their own case against the assembly plant that screwed them. At this point tho only thing that matters is getting those miners and proper compensation for this whole headache (Days of Our Lives drama) that should have been a simple transaction.

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:33:41 PM

No you retard....I am not. If I had to guess you might also be an alt account for clenell considering how he similarly spams my inbox with the same accusations. I just know how these things go. I have been involved as a technical consultant in class action cases far larger than this. So I know realistically how this is going to play out. You are just a troll who is coming on here and saying shit you have no idea about. And the fact that I already laid out what potentially what would be acceptable terms for me at least (which is not in AMT's benefit), hard to accuse me of being a shill. But I am not going to also go and say stupid crap to piss them off. I would rather be diplomatic and work to get results than just shoot my mouth off.

Again why are you here? I asked you 3 times and you have not been able to answer the question once! you have no investment in this....are you just here to spout off dumb shit? Is that the ONLY argument you can make to a reasonable comment? That I am a shill? No I explained in another thread to loshia no less why I am doing things the way I am. Go look for it and read it. Contribute something useful to this discussion or just go away. You come on here pretty hostile and just rile people up. A provocateur. How do we know you arent AMT just getting people riled up on purpose so they can claim abuse? That happens. Cops do it to demonstrators all the time get in the crowd of protesters and do just the right thing to get the police beating the shit out of people. Since you offer nothing but insults and useless comments thats the only conclusion anyone can come to about you......offer something of actual use or go away. The thread does fine until you start jumping in and shooting your idiot mouth off.

back to ignore you go.

Gee, I wonder why Clennel is upset... Oh wait, that's right! He got ripped off by AMT.

I'm just waiting for the day when you come to the realization that you are in the same boat. Continue on with your wishful thinking and epically long unreadable posts

Gee wilikers wilbur Ims guessing you cants read too good if you cants read mah long ass posts.....there I am speaking your language now moron. Again nothing useful....
FYI He isn't posting because his lawyer told him not to....also he spammed me almost daily with retarded insults. I have already reported him to an admin and it appears the PMs have stopped for now. I am still betting you are clenell tho. You type very similar. And again you still havent answered my question....WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE TO BE HERE? If you cant answer those two questions to anyones satisfaction then yes you are a troll and just here spouting off nonsense...my reason is to keep this thread on topic because noone else has stepped up to do it. I want us the customers to get results. And something favorable. This thread is a source of documentation for us to get those results. People like you who just talk shit are disruptive to that process....so again...for the 5th time WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE IN BEING HERE?

mrpark

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

Again, Please answer what I should do with this broken 1.2Th/s miner, it came all the way back to me today from PA. YOU told me to RMA this back to your office, and kept telling me to "calm down" and "someone" would go get it, but no one did. What am I supposed to do, keep putting this dirty thing back in the trunk of my Mercedes every time? I would like to simply put this out on the curb with the rest of my garbage since it does not work. it's not safe to keep around my office, because it has broken glass and twisted sharp metal from the case being so damaged.

Please send me a 2Th/s Miner for the MPP, and I am not sending this one back again either. This is completely unacceptable.

Considering the circumstances you have every right to have them arrange a pick up for the miner from FEDEX at their expense. You may want to also make this request via email as well to make sure its documented there as well. I already am kinda pissed because I am hearing the same wait till line. I was expecting the options and terms of compensation and all that this morning.

If we get to RMA this stuff ok fine....if they just shipping us new miners outright so we can toss the junk out that would be ok too. But I presume they gonna want the miners back for RMA purposes and to persue their own case against the assembly plant that screwed them. At this point tho only thing that matters is getting those miners and proper compensation for this whole headache (Days of Our Lives drama) that should have been a simple transaction.

Well, AMT_Miners told me here that they would come pick it up for my office, a week came and went of me calling and emailing them everday to have FedEx pick it up. They never did anything, did not call for a pickup. I don't think they really cared, me RMAing my miner was my problem as far as they were concerned. So, after a week of emailing and calling they finally send me their FedEx number (I suggested this after waiting a week with no FedEx pickup), I lugged it to the FedEx and sent it to them myself. The thanks I got for that was them not even bothering to pick it up. Then they turned around and said on the forum that it was all my fault it didn't get sent back for a week. (I have proof otherwise) It's just one slap in the face after another with these guys.

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

So long as you documenting it all. Which you are. They are kinda digging themselves deeper by not doing simple things like this. I am wondering about why they are not accepting back anything....this is yet another concern. I have considered sending my stuff back but considering your experience I am dreading it until I get some kind of assurance this will not be an issue. It would be nice to know what is going on as we are nearing the end of the day with again no more communication. Getting strung along like this is getting kinda old. And I am a patient person. But that patience has reached an end. I just want results now.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

back to ignore you go.

Gee, I wonder why Clennel is upset... Oh wait, that's right! He got ripped off by AMT.

I'm just waiting for the day when you come to the realization that you are in the same boat. Continue on with your wishful thinking and epically long unreadable posts

Gee wilikers wilbur Ims guessing you cants read too good if you cants read mah long ass posts.....there I am speaking your language now moron. Again nothing useful....
FYI He isn't posting because his lawyer told him not to....also he spammed me almost daily with retarded insults. I have already reported him to an admin and it appears the PMs have stopped for now. I am still betting you are clenell tho. You type very similar. And again you still havent answered my question....WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE TO BE HERE? If you cant answer those two questions to anyones satisfaction then yes you are a troll and just here spouting off nonsense...my reason is to keep this thread on topic because noone else has stepped up to do it. I want us the customers to get results. And something favorable. This thread is a source of documentation for us to get those results. People like you who just talk shit are disruptive to that process....so again...for the 5th time WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT INTEREST DO YOU HAVE IN BEING HERE?
Blah blah blah...This is like watching a train wreck.

Apparently you don't seem to know what IGNORE means. Less threats, more of you hitting the ignore button.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:53:09 PM

back to ignore you go.

I doubt anyone is hanging on the edge of their seat for your long non-stop posts. Consolidate your posts and shut the fuck up.  
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:55:58 PM

Getting strung along like this is getting kinda old. And I am a patient person. But that patience has reached an end. I just want results now.

I found AMT's business plan. They need patient customers:

Quote from: Mahatma_Gandhi
If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time.

Be patient, AMT will get to you...somewhere around the end of time.

Buy & Hold
opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:56:35 PM

FedEx returns the broken miner.

That could actually be the title of a movie....

The Return Of The Broken Miner....But this story has no happy ending yet. Seems like the only happy endings happen in Thai massage parlors.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:58:36 PM

Hi Mrpark,
I know this doesn't help but I think somewhere back a ways AMT asked you to hold your machine till they got things worked out. They might have even offered to come pick it up personally but I don't have the time to go back and look for the quote.

My guess, and mind you this is only a guess from reading between the lines because we are never offered enough info to know WTF is going on, but my guess is when they confirm there options you will be sent an offer along with the rest of us to choose which way you would like to proceed forward.

Again, my guess is the technobit boards are for people that want option 1, an amt 1.2 machine and option 2 is a bulk purchase from another unidentified supplier that is sympathetic to AMT plight or just doesn't like the black eye companies like these are giving the bitcoin community.

Of coarse I could be totally off base. just my thoughts

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:12:33 PM

Getting strung along like this is getting kinda old. And I am a patient person. But that patience has reached an end. I just want results now.

heh...good one. I prefer to be diplomatic which involves lots of patience....and I tolerate some level of dickery from a corporation....some.....but they are playing with our money. People had plans with the miners they were supposed to get (on time and on the level). Instead we got firecrackers and heavy silicon bricks. AMT is not responding to anyone at this point it appears and have given "proposals" with vague details and have not kept their word once on delivery of either the legal offer OR systems or anything for that matter. And on top of that passing off the blame on customers....not a good move. While for a while they have been good to me initially with support (which didnt fix the problems anyway), they stopped once things got hard to handle, meaning after the miner systematically failed. I only had a single miner working out of 2 and even now I only have one partially working with the wonder of when not if it will fail. They claim to be providing an option for us to get replacement hardware, but for the headaches and hassles. What are we getting to compensate? Still waiting to hear back about that. An update would be good today.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

Since they are sending me back the miner, I will have my technical guys look at it again. For some reason only half the boards work.  In order to make it easier on us, I will try to just ask for the parts I need if that is a possibility. The RasPi works, its just only half the boards work. Either its the cables or the backplane that was damaged in shipping.  I will just not worry about the case if I can get it to hash at 1.2Th/s with support. Thank You.

Okay, keep me us up to date with you return process.  I got a 48lb brick in my basement that needs to be sent out.   I don't want to have the trouble of it being shipped and being bounced around several times to a non-accepting location.

AMT.... what address is best place to send RMA equipment.  Is the FEDEX location the best?

Carlos,

Hold on to your miner for a bit and we'll let you in the near future of how to RMA it alright.

My mistake. I guess they were talking to Frictionless but you were also in the quote. Told you it probably wouldn't help Smiley

opieum2

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:30:17 PM

<snip>

Speaking of movies, did you ever see the move "YOU GOT SERVED!", it looks like we GOT SERVED!

nah. Its just small moves, the big moves still haven't even happened yet. And the "game" is not over yet. We are all expecting something, we can collectively reject the settlement offer if what they offer is not acceptable. All we need to do is contact the plaintiff legal team and inform them we are rejecting it. I tried being nice I had hoped this situation would lead to results. I even did my best to help them keep the community on track in this thread. I still think that is important as we need results not useless conjecture. And those of us in the situation can best discuss our options as we know our situations best than those who have no financial stake in this. I wanted to hope AMT could turn this around I was even trying to be helpful in addressing some issues but at the end of the day its on them to fix this mess and make things right. We still dont know anything which is what they said would happen today.

I am tired of the little token actions and just want conclusive and solid results. I expect to get what was agreed to in every aspect and in good and working order. That vindictive ship it broken petty shit is not acceptable the non-receipt when RMA is also not acceptable. With electronics it is a reasonable expectation to have QA testing done before its shipped and proper shipping done. Shit even Chinese companies do this and they legally don't have to.....bitmain had some issues with shipping their S2's but have been quickly replacing and addressing those concerns as they happen. I am impressed by that. They earned my business because they are not messing around. They shipped my S2 today. When they said they would. Key point. They don't dick around. They want people to come back.

Right now we are having the bitcoin version of Miner Wars or Return Of The Miner...maybe we need another one. The Customer Strikes Back.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:41:57 PM

Well,  has everyone signed up yet with the lawyers yet?

Here are the details:

http://www.chimicles.com/lawsuit-filed-against-advanced-mining-technology-for-failure-to-deliver-bitcoin-miners

Give them a call: 
Kimberly Donaldson Smith
Phone: 610-642-8500

Try to figure out what the status is.

My take in all this,  AMT fortunately doesn't appear to be a complete scam.

Nevertheless, they have failed miserably in providing poor customer relations and non working products.

Can they be charged for 'Federal Wire Fraud'? If they refuse to refund customers, then without a doubt.

Can they declare bankruptcy?  I doubt it. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: