Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:43:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 696 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted.  (Read 739043 times)
gr8n8

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:42:01 AM

codecaffeine such a hero

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emailtooaj

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 03:31:36 AM

Hello Cinni Community!!!

I have a proposition to the Cinni community and would like some feedback please!!

I've been vested in Cinni for some time now, LOL 4 months!! I unfortunately was not able to get in on the PoW phase of Cinni, but have multi-pooled Cinni and have spent my extra dollars purchasing off the
exchanges to help support it. Am I Cinni rich? NO! But I do love this coin. I also believe Cinni has one of the best PoS wallets in town. Cinni has some of the best community members in town (minus the FUD'ers!!)!!!

But let's be honest. This coin has slide down the slippery slop that needs to stop!!

Long story short, I've PM'd Cinnicoin about letting me "step in" to help lead this project and try to get it back on track. He had responded back to me with reservation, but he also hasn't said no!
Now of course I did lay out all my cards on the table!!
Basically I told him that I would like to take control of many things. Not to rip apart anything away from him or the community, but to be able to control and redirect this coins projected path.
This coin needs help in the management department and I'm willing to step in and help out.

Let me give you my story on how I view this coins current state is...

Imagine you are the owner of a fairly well known, busy restaurant. You've been open for 4 months and during the first 2 months business went off the charts!! And during those first few months things we're humming along like clock work. The staff is taking the customers orders quickly and efficiently. The kitchen is cooking the food fast and fresh. All the customers are just ecstatic with how great the food and service has been! It's an owners dream! Business is great, employees are basically running it on auto pilot. Then you as the business owner decide to be less "hands on". You make this decision knowing you must spend valuable time to focus on more marketing, book keeping, inventory, scouting the town for new locations , etc etc.
Then, out of nowhere another restaurant opens up down the street. Your employees hear the news of this. Your employees learn about how this new restaurant is paying over 50% more in salaries for the exact same job you've hired them for!!  
So now, unannounced to you, you have employees leaving you...one after the other!
BUT, your customers haven't!!
They've all decide to hang in there and keep coming back to eat at your place! Just because of how great your hospitality has been!!
Your customers not only LOVE the history of your restaurant, but more importantly... they enjoy the sense of comfort, relaxation and enjoyment you've given them every time they have visited!!
They've never had a bad meal or experience at your restaurant!!
Now.... in the meantime... with dwindling employees working for you, you've decided to put back on your apron and revert back to being a more "hands on" owner; just to keep up with the demanding orders.
As more time passes by, you now find yourself working in the restaurant all by yourself...again!! Just like when you first opened (ahhh...the good'ole days!).
You're just trying to keep up demand by seating guests, taking their orders, getting their drinks. cooking their meals, cleaning their dishes, taking their check, processing their credit card and return it to them promptly so they can leave just in time to get back to work... all the while trying to keep a smile on your face!! You can't let them sense your apprehension and denial. You must have those customers feel at ease before they leave out those doors. Because inside you have this fear you'll never see them again due to your restaurants obvious disarray!
You can't seem to make the restaurant work efficiently anymore. You know you need to hire more employees...but you can't find the time or resources to make that happen. What do you do? You know bills need paid and food to be made!! So you slap your face!!! Get back to work and feel you don't have time to look for new employees, you must keep the money flowing via the next food order!!

Now... did I mention that when you first opened your restaurant you started with only 3 tables?!!! And because of the early success, in 2 weeks time you had grown your restaurant to house over 100 tables!!!
Can you imagine... trying to run a restaurant (or any business) all by yourself after building it up like that, with that much volume?!! One man run can't run and operate a 100 table restaurant!!
I myself would be WORE out, tired, grumpy, non energetic, non sociable, and have just an out right "effe it" attitude!!!

Can anyone sense the irony of this story? Does anyone relate to it?
Does this seem strangely similar to alt-coins? Similar to Cinni?

So... I would ask yourselves. Are you the Owner, Employee, or the Customer???

My answer would be the Customer.

But what makes me different than the other customers in this world? I'm the customer that would get up from my table and ask the owner to let me step in and run the restaurant.
Since I've been visiting the restaurant from day one, I've seen the potential of what the restaurant was, is, and can be.
I would have a clearer vision and approach of whats needed to work, and what might not work. I would be able to look for new employees and work out incentives. By doing so, the restaurant would have a much better chance to survive and profit.
If not, then the owner will have his face buried in orders just trying to keep up, and not providing acceptable customer service. It could become a vicious circle with no returning customers!!

Now that I've got all that out LOL!!!

I'm hoping to get graces from this great Cinni coin community to allow me the opportunity to lead this project forward and step in!!

I think we as a community should vote for a "Board of Directors" to make some tough decisions for this coin, and I would like to be top on that list!

I have some great ideas and visions for CINNI that I can implement to forge a clear path and keep things on track.

And just to be clear... I"M NOT A DEVELOPER!!!

But I am a Developer in the "Real World"  Grin  Grin

Ok.... now please insert your criticism here!!!

CinniCoin (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

DON'T INVOLVE ME IN EVIL NAMES. BYE

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:56:22 AM

Update:

I have not heard anything from rynomster yet (at this point the only contact info I have for him is his bitcointalk account where I sent him a private message).

I think I have an idea why some people keep having a syncing problem.  If I am right it should be fairly easy to fix. Our wallet features are part of what makes CINNI so attractive so I want to make sure everything is working perfectly before moving on to new features. I will come back again by this weekend with another status update.

Updates are really appreciated - didn't someone previously offer his email contact info?

I sent a PM to that person but he has not provided me with an email address for Rynomster (or any contact info) at this time.  Therefore I will proceed without him.

In terms of the syncing and staking issues I cannot find an error in the code itself.

For syncing new wallets one big issue is the blockchain size. While 15 second block times are great for merchants/consumers seeking quick confirmations, the CINNI blockchain continues to grow very quickly. As usage increases, this will only increase over time.

Depending on your OS you may want to check to see which other programs are running in the background and disable them for a faster sync. If you are running an older computer or on a slow internet connection it will take quite some time.

One option would be to download the (most current version) of the blockchain. In this thread there appears to be one person who is kind enough to update it regularly.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg8138966#msg8138966

Of course always be cautious about downloading anything from sources you do not trust completely.

In the long run, this will will make it harder to attract new users (who do not have ample hard drive space/fast internet access) to stake their CINNI coins instead of holding them in an online exchange (too much centralization is not healthy for any PoS coin). This is not a CINNI problem. It is a problem for all coins that have large blockchains. Something like Electrum (for bitcoin) could be very beneficial for many coins, but is not easy to implement (and has never been done as far as I know for any PoS coin).

For staking I am not yet convinced there is a problem (in the long run). All wallets compete for staking and sometimes a stake will fail to be confirmed by the network because of this competition. Over time, this variance will balance out. Yes larger wallets have a higher "network weight" and smaller wallets may take longer to confirm a stake but over the course of a year everyone should get about 3.5% interest (assuming everyone is staking).

Min stake age is 3 days and max stake age is 100 days. If anyone has an address they have been staking (with all coins within this age parameters) for several months with interest varying widely from 3.5% please let me know. I believe that given more time all addresses (properly staking) will approach that interest rate over time. Receiving a stake in you wallet that is not confirmed is NOT a problem. Your interest will balance out over time based on your confirmed stakes not your unconfirmed stakes.

I have asked a friend to help me with anon transaction implementation using the EM protocol described in the CINNI whitepaper:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/49w5yo2cy7my4xr/Cinni+Anonymous+Transfer.pdf

In theory it sounds fairly simple to implement, but I can assure you that it is more difficult (to implement properly in a trustless, secure manner).
For example, precautions need to be made to make sure one node cannot maliciously alter code to accept CINNI, but then not send it to the next node as instructed in the EM. There will be a time delay for change transactions (for further obfuscation) where we need to make sure that nothing during that time delay can be done that would prevent the change being later sent to the correct change address.

Our EM platform is secure. We need to make sure our anon platform is secure as well. Expect 1.5 to 2 weeks (estimate not hard deadline) before anon transactions are ready for beta testing. Alpha testing for various security issues will come before that on testnet.

Yes I agree the block time is too fast.
1 minute would be better than 15 seconds. I can change it in the next wallet update.

Thats great to hear that you want to implement anon.
If you need my help with something you can pm me  Smiley

DON'T INVOLVE ME IN EVIL NAMES. BYE
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:03:13 AM

It's nice to see something moving in CINNI!
cinblo

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 09:24:18 AM

Yes I agree the block time is too fast.
1 minute would be better than 15 seconds. I can change it in the next wallet update.

Cinni coin have two real features for now: fast transaction and encrypted messaging.
These features are very nice to convince a shop to adopt cinni against other crypto currency.
If you have time, can you explain to us with technical details why you want remove one of these?
Best regards,
cinblo
Geminus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:29:53 AM

Hi guys

Another important point is www.cinnicoin.com, the official website.

What would you think about a coin where the main site has not been updated for months ?

Would you trust such a coin ?

http://www.cinnicoin.com/           -> Links to wallets are old
http://www.cinnicoin.com/projects/  -> there is no Store, the pool is off
http://www.cinnicoin.com/news/      -> last Announcement from May 1, 2014

If nobody here has access to this site anymore, it's better to create a new one and make the new one the official one.

xtrix

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:51:06 AM

Hi guys

What would you think about a coin where the main site has not been updated for months ?

http://www.cinnicoin.com/           -> Links to wallets are old
http://www.cinnicoin.com/projects/  -> there is no Store, the pool is off
http://www.cinnicoin.com/news/      -> last Announcement from May 1, 2014

If nobody here has access to this site anymore, it's better to create a new one and make the new one the official one.

totally agree Wink
Month ago I already ask for this and it is key to attract new investment.

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:54:54 AM

Hi guys

http://www.cinnicoin.com/           -> Links to wallets are old
http://www.cinnicoin.com/projects/  -> there is no Store, the pool is off
http://www.cinnicoin.com/news/      -> last Announcement from May 1, 2014

totally agree Wink

The FIRST thing i do when checking out a new coin is look at their WEBSITE so abandoning it is just shooting yourself in the foot.
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:04:20 PM

Hi guys

http://www.cinnicoin.com/           -> Links to wallets are old
http://www.cinnicoin.com/projects/  -> there is no Store, the pool is off
http://www.cinnicoin.com/news/      -> last Announcement from May 1, 2014

totally agree Wink

The FIRST thing i do when checking out a new coin is look at their WEBSITE so abandoning it is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Is there anyone with few skills that could take care of that website?
Geminus

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:21:24 PM

Primary question is, who owns the site or at least has credentials to modify the content ?

Without access, we are unable to work on it.
Schild_

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:11:52 PM

Primary question is, who owns the site or at least has credentials to modify the content ?

I think there was post about it a month ago.. Not sure what happened...

We also need to take care of cinniblockchain, the amount of coin displayed often doesn't match.

pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:07:21 PM

My wallet is not staking any more,  any idea why ?
Maybe cinblo our wallet expert knows something if yes please help ?
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:11:42 PM

I have asked a friend to help me with anon transaction implementation using the EM protocol described in the CINNI whitepaper:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/49w5yo2cy7my4xr/Cinni+Anonymous+Transfer.pdf

In theory it sounds fairly simple to implement, but I can assure you that it is more difficult (to implement properly in a trustless, secure manner).
For example, precautions need to be made to make sure one node cannot maliciously alter code to accept CINNI, but then not send it to the next node as instructed in the EM. There will be a time delay for change transactions (for further obfuscation) where we need to make sure that nothing during that time delay can be done that would prevent the change being later sent to the correct change address.

Our EM platform is secure. We need to make sure our anon platform is secure as well. Expect 1.5 to 2 weeks (estimate not hard deadline) before anon transactions are ready for beta testing. Alpha testing for various security issues will come before that on testnet.

You're a breath of fresh air. Do you foresee issues with the basic concept described in the whitepaper or any other challenges regarding implementation? And do you believe the original claim is true: that this can be a 100% trustless, decentralised, effective solution that avoids the implementation headaches and false promises of other anon coins?
Geminus

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:29:24 PM

I think there was post about it a month ago.. Not sure what happened...

We also need to take care of cinniblockchain, the amount of coin displayed often doesn't match.

@Cinnicoin,  are you in charge of cinnicoin.com or can you get access to the site ?

I'm aware of your selectiv answering scheme, but to bring cinni back to life, the site has to be reanimated,
currently things are spread over different sites which is not homogeneous.

Schild_

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:31:04 PM

Any chance that you old your coins for more than 100 days?
pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:43:59 PM

Any chance that you old your coins for more than 100 days?

No, I've just used -salvagewallet to see how does it work and after that stopped staking.
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

Oh, I am sorry that I overlooked that.
THANKS A MILLION!
I suggest, you put a link to, and an info page at:   http://cinnichain.info/api
Thanks a lot!  Good luck to you.

Bug report / feature request:

while these two are working:
http://cinnichain.info/api/address/JchainHLDSEC1hRX21mmbpJrvFNPS9Pn3k/balance
http://cinnichain.info/api/address/JchainHLDSEC1hRX21mmbpJrvFNPS9Pn3k/

this is unfortunately not:
http://cinnichain.info/api/address/JchainHLDSEC1hRX21mmbpJrvFNPS9Pn3k/totalReceived

Why is that? Easy to repair?

Thanks.

no sign of a signature
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:11:09 AM

enough emptytalk

cinnicoin dev is just a puppet..again i am telling

it is obvious he doesnt want price to increase

he has to handover the coin to the community

cinnicoin dev answer me???

why dont u update the site??? who has the control of the site

handover the site to the community

or lets stop talking and take action

lets create a new web site...after creating the new site...again we need the password to change the fisrt page of the forum where all info is written
Schild_

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:00:46 PM

enough emptytalk

cinnicoin dev is just a puppet..again i am telling

it is obvious he doesnt want price to increase

he has to handover the coin to the community

cinnicoin dev answer me???

why dont u update the site??? who has the control of the site

handover the site to the community

or lets stop talking and take action

lets create a new web site...after creating the new site...again we need the password to change the fisrt page of the forum where all info is written

Huh I think you are still stuck 2 weeks ago mate, lol. Calme down, we are taking care of all of this.
cinblo

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file at
Block 513058 Aug 4, 2014 13:18:09 UTC
Best regards,
cinblo
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 696 »
  Print  

Jump to: