Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:22:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260319 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miningfield

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 02:35:08 PM

This was a localized attack.IMHO

my main minting wallet was on the fork too i didnt mine at that pool
it was not local only connected to us.miningfield

west US backbone node and my minting wallet where affected too
when i was in fork i had never above 5 connections

so it was most likely just a handful wallets affected

ur between the line guess about attack origin i strong disbelieve there would be required skills to try such thing

reorg can work backwards far more than one block as i said before i tested once with over 600 blocks which did reorg back to mainchain
That is what i mean a local attack on Us. Miningfield. And he had to intervene correct? Yes!
So reorganize didn't work.Did he have to redownload the correct block chain? I believe so,but he could answer that.
And I'll spell it out for you,quote: ur between the line quess origin i strong disbelieve there would require skills to try such a thing. Well I strongly believe you pissed off one Utah John  who has the skills.who was implementing a Us pool, that got the axe. A new replacement us .minigfield was implemented. Funny this was pool that was attacked. In less than week. If your minting wallet was affected and you weren't mining that pool You have got some serious issues. My miners were forked my wallet was not. I was minting aswell. Absolutely flawless. No problems with the wallet. So I ask you how was your wallet attacked because it was? The chain was forked for at least 6 hours and that is how many self healing blocks? Yah
There is a saying in this country. The toe you step on today might be the ass you kiss tomorrow..

Hi,

US miningfield pool was never attacked, when the pool was beeing managed by utah john it went offline several times because of host problems, (he was mining on the host that had the VM with the pool, wich got unstable)

This issue with the chain didn't got resolved by itself on the US Pool because i was missing the bantime=600 on the config, when it forked it banned the correct peers for 24h instead of 10m, if it reconnected to the correct peers after 10m it would eventually correct to the right fork.

I did restored the chain to try and get the pool on the correct fork faster.

s. http://www.miningfield.com
t. https://www.twitter.com/miningfield
f. https://www.facebook.com/miningfield
DMD Pool. http://eu.miningfield.com
               http://us.miningfield.com

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 02:41:43 PM

US miningfield pool was never attacked, when the pool was beeing managed by utah john it went offline several times because of host problems, (he was mining on the host that had the VM with the pool, wich got unstable)

This issue with the chain didn't got resolved by itself on the US Pool because i was missing the bantime=600 on the config, when it forked it banned the correct peers for 24h instead of 10m, if it reconnected to the correct peers after 10m it would eventually correct to the right fork.

thx for clarify

bantime=600 is required for selfhealing
else u refuse to speak with wallets on correct chain
and cant find out that u are following the dark side of force.......

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

thx for clarify

So it didn't selfheal. Did it!
 It forked and then because of the missing parameter it could'nt self heal. Ok but the missing parameter didn't cause it to fork.did it?.
and your wallet was affected how?
Is it time for another picture because you can't answer the question. Maybe pallas can dig up a pic for you.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:33:16 PM

thx for clarify

So it didn't selfheal. Did it!
 It forked and then because of the missing parameter it could'nt self heal. Ok but the missing parameter didn't cause it to fork.did it?.
Is it time for another picture because you can't answer the question. Maybe pallas can dig up a pic for you.

forks can happen for a number of reasons, not necessarily an attack.
you are calling for funny pictures so we deliver.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:45:20 PM

dont worry we analyze the logs
good news we have plenty of logs
bad news that need some time

dmd diamond did cruise on heavy sea through some taifuns already in the past
this incident was just a little autumn breeze no need to be nervous

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:51:30 PM

Patience is the key here.
Looks really good.  Kiss

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:03:15 PM

Patience is the key here.
Looks really good.  Kiss

i like ur sig  Cool

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:48:43 PM

just want to remind anyone here whats the goal what we aiming for

at such tendency of growth of the price, when POS is 5% (after about 3 years) that the price of DMD will be 0.25 Smiley

its absolute impossible look 3 years in future
BUT if crypto business have its major breakthrough
(what we see now is just the early adoper stage)
then only ur imagination is the limit

what i can guarantee is we will never leave the coin
we will never stop improving it with actual technology and features
active interaction with community and maintain a broad network with keyplayers on cryptobusiness
to make us stay what we are

one of the early coins from a stage where scam and premine where unknown
and idealism and straight forward thinking was the motivation
to create a coin as enabler for people to reach financial freedom

if the shift of worldwide economy happens towards cryptocoins
what u think can happen.....

realistically people who have the money in old system will try to have the money in new system
who sell to early and to much will end in this shift of wealth again on the same position as he have now

in my opinion one major key of success for DMD Diamond is DMD Coudmining
because this really backup the coin value

when someone ask why does DMD Diamond have value
u not only limited to say because the demand is higher than the supply

u can also say because 20000$ (or 200000$ or 2000000$) mining power are not only give value backup like a gold reserve
but also increase value active by creating additional buy demand

have dmd in ur wallet and a investment at DMD cloudmining is like double POS
u earn via POS and via DMD Cloudmining ongoing rewards
if things go as my vision for the future is
u can live a free life by only sell from time to time a tiny share of ur POS/Cloudmining rewards
without touch the core stock in ur DMD Investor Wallet

check out http://multipool.bit.diamonds/
for questions about how u be able to invest mail cloud@bit.diamonds

i guess with this post i fulfill my role as
DMD Diamond Foundation
Chief Visionary Officer [CVO]
perfect  Grin

paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:58:44 PM

cryptonit

judging by the price now I am already not so optimistical Smiley
I even doubt that the new year the price will be 0.001

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 07:06:09 PM

cryptonit

judging by the price now I am already not so optimistical Smiley
I even doubt that the new year the price will be 0.001

its really not important how the price is 1.1.2015

it is important what we achieved at 1.1.2016
then all the stuff we plan now should be active a lot months already
and the POW rollout is reduced by 90%

if only half of the projects we working on hidden is coming true
u need to remove at least 2 zeros of ur number

u hang out so long together with us in this community
u still dont trust that we have a longterm plan?

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:18:17 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 09:33:44 PM by kiklo

Friendly warning, Lincoln was shot!!!  

Sorry could not resist that one.   Cheesy

On a more serious note, has anyone done a comparison on what your profit would be
1.  If you invested $100 in the Cloud Mining
Verses
2.  If you just purchased $100 in diamond coins and wait for the POS interest.

After 12 Months.
Which way comes out ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Cool

FYI:
Just looking for the # of Diamond coins not a guess at market prices.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 10:25:35 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 11:50:23 PM by cryptonit

On a more serious note, has anyone done a comparison on what your profit would be
Verses

After 12 Months.
FYI:

impossible to calculate without market price because dmd cloudmining buy DMD.......
if u tell me the price of DMD each day in future i estimate the BTC we earn each day
and so i can calculate the DMD u earn with 100$ cloudmining invest Wink

we can only look backwards not into the future

the stats since start of DMD CLoudmining look like 15-20% ROI a month (with conserverd earning strengh because of hashrate reinvest)

so 100$ invested would earn ya 180$ DMD value after 12 month but u have to add the 50% POS too for the coins u earn
so at the end it would be like 200+$ DMD value + still potent earning power of ur cloudmining investment
with a in the future coming posibility to sell shares to other users that would increase ur value u own after a year to 300+$

now compare if ya buy with 100$ DMD it would be 150$ DMD value after 12 months

all that estimation with constant DMD value

so basical its like i started impossible to calculate
but still it looks like DMD CLoudmining together with POS of earned coins is superior

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:55:23 AM

Friendly warning, Lincoln was shot!!!  

Sorry could not resist that one.   Cheesy

Verses

After 12 Months.

Thanks in advance.

Cool

FYI:

I will confirm for you that the cloudmining works! Cryptonit will be the first to tell you that I was hesitant.  I am a miner and have been mining diamond since the scrypt days.  When i found the groestl version I was excited to breath new life into my rigs.  Cryptonit tried and tried to promote the cloudmining and I always ignored and kept purchasing the diamonds from cryptsy.  Then on 11-1-14 I invested 1 BTC.  I got my first payout on 11-2-14.  I am happy to say that I have been getting steady DMD payouts daily.  I have already made back 3.5% of my money in the first 9 days!  You can't get that at a bank.  I have earned a total of 62 diamonds for doing nothing while I am still mining :-).  Hope that helps.  Oh don't forget about the share bonuses.  Compounding at its best!

alba77

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:09:57 PM

I have some questions about Pos that hopefully someone can answer. I'm using the mac wallet and have tested both of the suggested configs from the OP (connect= and addnode=). Finally a Pos was successful Cheesy but before that I got a lot of failed attempts. Does this have something to do with the mac wallet? If I remember right someone else wrote about this in the thread a long time ago, or? Is there any special config or other parameters I should use when "Posing"? No big deal really because it finally worked ok, I'm only curious Wink
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609

DMD,XZC

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:37:56 PM

minted a block,the amount is spitted and unusable,
but " has not been successfully broadcast yet", the block is orphaned,
so,how to get back the original coins?

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

minted a block,the amount is spitted and unusable,
but " has not been successfully broadcast yet", the block is orphaned,
so,how to get back the original coins?
repairwallet in console can free coins
sometimes its required to restart wallet after repairwallet comand to make the changes visible

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:03:34 PM

I have some questions about Pos that hopefully someone can answer. I'm using the mac wallet and have tested both of the suggested configs from the OP (connect= and addnode=). Finally a Pos was successful Cheesy but before that I got a lot of failed attempts. Does this have something to do with the mac wallet? If I remember right someone else wrote about this in the thread a long time ago, or? Is there any special config or other parameters I should use when "Posing"? No big deal really because it finally worked ok, I'm only curious Wink

i have no experience with the mac wallet
do we have mac wallet user here in comunity who can share their experiences?

failed POS atempts  can happen but should be something rare
the involved coins should return into balance keep their coin-age and try again

polanskiman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:18:40 PM

i have no experience with the mac wallet
do we have mac wallet user here in comunity who can share their experiences?

failed POS atempts  can happen but should be something rare
the involved coins should return into balance keep their coin-age and try again

This is not related to the platform so no worries on that side. Failed POS attempts happen for several reasons. One being that you are competing with other coins. And in my case since I am far far away from where all the main nodes are I do get failed POS attempts quite often. As I was told there is nothing I can do about it. Only remedy would be that nodes start popping up in my region which would enable my POS attempts getting submitted to the network faster.

Example:

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:02:25 PM

how well established ur node is in network is affecting the POS success chances
its the speed how fast the rumor that u found a new block is spreading in network that influnce the success chance

so addnode and listen=1 for sure helping additional a maxconnections=50 too
and static IP give another boost in connections because other wallets easy find u again

but it really should not matter if ur pos try a few times until successful
a unsuccessful POS atempt dont destroy coin-age

so what worry me more than unsuccessful POS atempts is the report like LTCMAXMYR

this have most time the origin in minting inside wrong fork and once return to main chain u need to run the repairwallet command to fix displayed balance

paladin281978

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:08:06 PM

cryptonit

why when I write listen=1 then I have more than 50 connections
but when I write listen=0 then I have a maximum of 10-11 connections?

Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: