Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 [1900] 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666803 times)
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:27:58 AM

Why does Monero not have a 32-bit visual client for Windows? Developers apparently forgot that in the yard of the 21st century and fuck with the command line no one will.

Who has a 32 bit machine in 2018?

People who live in and enjoy the affluence of the western world often forget that the majority of this world are poverty-stricken. Perhaps people in such a detached world only have an old 32-bit machine and that's all they'll ever going to have in the near future. Does that mean they have to be excluded from our crypto endeavor? But I thought we're over or beyond that kind of mentality.

What about people without the internet or electricity? are we excluding them? elitist pigs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:53:59 PM

Why does Monero not have a 32-bit visual client for Windows? Developers apparently forgot that in the yard of the 21st century and fuck with the command line no one will.

Who has a 32 bit machine in 2018?
I do. I like small words.

Me2, and who needs that out of order shit anyway. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:29:50 PM

Happy with a nibble  Smiley

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:30:37 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 10:42:19 PM by visdude

I guess people who are unfortunate and poor enough to not own 64-bit machines are also incapable of installing 64-bit OS. Is that pretty much a reflection of the image you included in your post which is of a TV series character (or someone resembling him) who has some form of intellectual disability? Yet, you claim that it has nothing to do with elitism; perhaps it's worse...prejudice maybe. Does everybody like Linux? I, for one, am not too keen on Linux's intuitiveness or user-friendliness (or lack thereof) compared to mainstream OSes. Sure, I tinker with it because I have to...to a certain extent. Surely, you can't expect everybody who only owns 32-bit machines to be as tech savvy as you are.
My point was that it is not unreasonable to ask those rare few people (people who want to run monero on 32 bit machines) to just use the CLI.

Edit: The image you posted is offensive, unnecessary and uncalled for.
Haha awesome! That picture was funny before someone got offended. Now it's HILARIOUS. Oman I love it when people get offended. So funny.

I wonder what "getting offended" feels like. I don't think it has ever happened to me before.

Well, not offensive to me personally but generally...like you know...to the supposedly civilized world that we live in especially to those who are involved in a project that prides itself as "egalitarian...blah..blah...blah". I guess such ethos are just window-dressing to mask extremely selfish motives.

There is nothing cool or funny about deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder to mock yet another unfortunate group of people. It's interesting that the majority of the posters who think this is OK are "Legendary" members. I expected them to be more of a good example on here. I guess I expected too much from them. The "Legendary" status surely got into their heads and feel entitled to have a carte blanche in mocking whoever they want on here with impunity.

It's all good. If anything, it just gave me a pretty good idea who they really are, their background and where they're coming from.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:50:24 PM

I guess people who are unfortunate and poor enough to not own 64-bit machines are also incapable of installing 64-bit OS. Is that pretty much a reflection of the image you included in your post which is of a TV series character (or someone resembling him) who has some form of intellectual disability? Yet, you claim that it has nothing to do with elitism; perhaps it's worse...prejudice maybe. Does everybody like Linux? I, for one, am not too keen on Linux's intuitiveness or user-friendliness (or lack thereof) compared to mainstream OSes. Sure, I tinker with it because I have to...to a certain extent. Surely, you can't expect everybody who only owns 32-bit machines to be as tech savvy as you are.
My point was that it is not unreasonable to ask those rare few people (people who want to run monero on 32 bit machines) to just use the CLI.

Haha awesome! That picture was funny before someone got offended. Now it's HILARIOUS. Oman I love it when people get offended. So funny.

I wonder what "getting offended" feels like. I don't think it has ever happened to me before.

Well, not offensive to me personally but generally...like you know...to the supposedly civilized world that we live in especially to those who are involved in a project that prides itself as "egalitarian...blah..blah...blah". I guess such ethos are just window-dressing to mask extremely selfish motives.

There is nothing cool or funny about deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder to mock yet another unfortunate group of people. It's interesting that the majority of the posters who think this is OK are "Legendary" members. I expected them to be more of a good example on here. I guess I expected too much from them. The "Legendary" status surely got into there heads and feel entitled to have a carte blanche in mocking whoever they want on here with impunity.

It's all good. If anything, it just gave me a pretty good idea who they really are, their background and where they're coming from.

It's more of a non-conformist grow-a-skin type thing.  Anything 'politically correct' makes me itch to do the opposite.  I suppose I grew up in a totally different world, and still live there.  

Damn, looks like someone stole my car while I'm away from home!  Needs a wash...
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 10:57:48 PM by visdude

There is nothing cool or funny about deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder to mock yet another unfortunate group of people. It's interesting that the majority of the posters who think this is OK are "Legendary" members. I expected them to be more of a good example on here. I guess I expected too much from them. The "Legendary" status surely got into their heads and feel entitled to have a carte blanche in mocking whoever they want on here with impunity.

It's more of a non-conformist grow-a-skin type thing.  Anything 'politically correct' makes me itch to do the opposite.  I suppose I grew up in a totally different world, and still live there.  

Damn, looks like someone stole my car while I'm away from home!  Needs a wash...

Ya! I get it...be tough, that is. Been there...done that; and I don't mean that just mentally and psychologically. And I'm the most un-PC dude of them all, so you can't plant that on me. However, there are certain lines that I don't cross. Do you think you'd still find this subject cool and funny if, let's say, you have a sibling or someone close to you who you care about was born with the disorder?

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:42:34 PM

There is nothing cool or funny about deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder to mock yet another unfortunate group of people. It's interesting that the majority of the posters who think this is OK are "Legendary" members. I expected them to be more of a good example on here. I guess I expected too much from them. The "Legendary" status surely got into there heads and feel entitled to have a carte blanche in mocking whoever they want on here with impunity.

Damn, looks like someone stole my car while I'm away from home!  Needs a wash...

Ya! I get it...be tough, that is. Been there...done that; and I don't mean that just mentally and psychologically. And I'm the most un-PC dude of them all, so you can't plant that on me. However, there are certain lines that I don't cross. Do you think you'd still find this subject cool and funny if, let's say, you have a sibling or someone close to you who you care about was born with the disorder?

Probably;  But rather presumptuous to decide that with zero experience.  As far as presumptuous goes, projecting your line-to-cross onto others, and then judging...  I suppose we all do that to some extent or other. Hence the skin.
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:43:28 PM

What is happening with Monerujo?

https://monerujo.io/

I cannot install the wallet any more. Censored by the NSA already?

After review, monerujo: Monero Wallet, com.m2049r.xmrwallet, has been removed from Google Play because it violates the payments policy. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/87zm5g/is_the_monejo_wallet_for_android_offline/dwgvgtm/

Well, use F-Droid and fcuk goole play  Grin

Thank you very much for this hint. I need it, because I compete against Google. But I wonder about all the rights of access I need to agree with. Why do F-Droid need them?
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:20:06 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 12:37:00 AM by visdude

Probably;  But rather presumptuous to decide that with zero experience.  As far as presumptuous goes, projecting your line-to-cross onto others, and then judging...  I suppose we all do that to some extent or other. Hence the skin.

Well, the Legendary member who started it was presumptuous. He could have posted his original comment without the insinuative image and the post would have some sort of merit however misguided and unrealistic it was but at least, it was an opinion expressed in earnest and that would have possibly been the end of that. Instead, the inclusion of the unnecessary, unrelated and uncalled for image turned it into a post with malice. Hence I called it out. I don't need to be Legendary to call out a malicious post by a Legendary member, do I?

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:14:47 AM

There is nothing cool or funny about deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder to mock yet another unfortunate group of people.

Well there definitely is something funny about seeing people get offended by people "deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder". Everything can be funny anything can be the butt of a joke. If I had cancer I would still laugh at cancer jokes. You shouldn't be that surprised that someone like me would be involved in a project like this. Normies are the last people who would have their freedom of speech threatened. Edgy mc edgelord me will be the first of the chopping block. And what is a project like this even about if not freedom of speech?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:33:24 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 03:12:09 AM by visdude

There is nothing cool or funny about deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder to mock yet another unfortunate group of people.

Well there definitely is something funny about seeing people get offended by people "deridingly using people born with intellectual developmental disorder". Everything can be funny anything can be the butt of a joke. If I had cancer I would still laugh at cancer jokes. You shouldn't be that surprised that someone like me would be involved in a project like this. Normies are the last people who would have their freedom of speech threatened. Edgy mc edgelord me will be the first of the chopping block. And what is a project like this even about if not freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you won't have consequences of whatever you want to express or say.

You obviously are in the same school as the other Legend who made a big deal about having a "skin". Like I said, mine is as thick as they come. But I just finally realized that y'all folks have a totally different definition of it. Having skin to y'all means letting things slide and not say anything to the contrary no matter how wrong they are because you wanna convince yourselves with the illusion of having thick skins. That's more like meekness in my book. It's like preventing yourselves from speaking up and standing up to bullies and what not...all because you wanna have that illusion of having the "skin". Whereas to me, it means having the gonads to stand up and confront anything that's not right and having the "skin" for whatever comes right back as a consequence. There lies the difference.

I thought we are involved in this endeavor/adventure to stand up to the bullies and not just take it and let it slide. That was the main idea, wasn't it?

Edit: If you still insist that what you posted was cool and funny, then I surmise that you are sicker in the head than those born with ID.

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:16:35 AM

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you won't have consequences of whatever you want to express or say.

You obviously are in the same school as the other Legend who made a big deal about having a "skin". Like I said, mine is as thick as they come. But I just finally realized that y'all folks have a totally different definition of it. Having skin to y'all means letting things slide and not say anything to the contrary no matter how wrong they are because you wanna convince yourselves with the illusion of having thick skins. That's more like meekness in my book. It's like preventing yourselves from speaking up and standing up to bullies and what not...all because you wanna have that illusion of having the "skin". Whereas to me, it means having the gonads to stand up and confront anything that's not right and having the "skin" for whatever comes right back as a consequence. There lies the difference.

I thought we are involved in this endeavor/adventure to stand up to the bullies and not just take it and let it slide. That was the main idea, wasn't it?

I have no problem with laughter, at anything. being offended by laughter is... amusing.  If one would like to offer violence, that is a different matter entirely.  I don't think anybody was suggesting stoning or drowning of your sister  though.  I understand that is acceptable in some cultures, and while I don't agree, I also don't stick my oar in if you don't try to bring it to my house.  religious wars are a bitch.  More than enough on that subject for this venue.

/participation
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:29:55 AM

You are so right. In a muslim country where you will be killed for blaspheming you still have freedom of speech just not freedom from the consequence of being murdered for exercising your freedom of speech. Freedom of speech and freedom from consequences for exercising freedom of speech are so totally different. How did I not see it before. /sarc

If you are trying to argue something like social ostracism is a legitimate consequence than I would agree with that. Realistically, it depends what sorts of consequences you are talking about.

y'all
Wait werent you just making fun of us for being rednecks a minute ago? I have nothing against saying y'all or rednecks. It's just a bit ironic. Cheesy

Whereas to me, it means having the gonads to stand up and confront anything that's not right and having the "skin" for whatever comes right back as a consequence.
So what exactly is "not right" about making fun of retards? Please show me the victim.  No victim no crime. I wouldn't intentionally hurt one's feelings to his face just to be mean. That wouldn't be wrong on the grounds of some principle about not making fun of retards, it would be wrong on the grounds of being a dick. Wrong in a similar way to burping loudly in public.

sicker in the head than those born with ID
Bro... Wtf... That's not cool. You shouldn't talk about disabled people like that. If you think it's ok to say things like "sicker in the head than those born with ID", then I surmise that you are sicker in the head than those born with ID.

But hey this is getting pretty wildly off topic. I would just like to wrap it up by pointing out that the only way to fight for free speech is by saying things that offend people, things that are uncomfortable. You don't defend free speech by talking about the weather. You defend it in places were people would contest whether you should be able to say it. You are more or less arguing that we shouldn't have said what we said. Which is some evidence that it was a good thing that we said it, atleast in so far as furthering the fight for free speech is concerned. Maybe it had other negative effects, but I can live with that, almost any price is worth paying to defend free speech.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:28:58 AM

LOL, and I thought I'd come here and find happy people that we are looking good today. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

Only ~5 days until the hardfork, it's like the countdown to Christmas!
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:25:06 PM

Only ~5 days until the hardfork, it's like the countdown to Christmas!

countdown to the first asic for the hardfork too ?

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:19:04 PM

Hey, when did this show up?

Code:
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1024
Politeness: 1213
fMerit: 57
Imagination: 498
Virtue: 9
Coins: 752

I Wonder how they quantified the categories?

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:49:36 PM

Hey, when did this show up?

Code:
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1024
Politeness: 1213
fMerit: 57
Imagination: 498
Virtue: 9
Coins: 752

theymos started a thread on it yesterday.  it was amusing.  clearly the politeness calc is whacked   Tongue
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:12:31 AM

Hey, when did this show up?...

theymos started a thread on it yesterday.  it was amusing.  clearly the politeness calc is whacked   Tongue

HAHA, yeah it's WAY off! Smiley
Doh, I didn't notice what day it was.

furiouscoin

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 01:23:07 AM

I am trying to find out the fee difference according to ring size using mymonero.com but no answers found as of yet. There are 4 different ring size. I used the normal ring size and it charged me 0.026 xmr to send 0.05 thats like too high.
Pages: « 1 ... 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 [1900] 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: