Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
Agent99

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:24:11 PM

I suppose because community changed the name....

Better to say ''what devs (I mean tacotime and other guys) decided''

Let's give a chance to the community to decide themselves! Fair voting for the our coin name!

GIVE A CHANCE! I am in as far as I am able to represent my wishes and view.

I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything

Sounds like you are trying to make TFT the scapegoat for every little thing that went wrong with Monero.

Give a chance to the community of course. But please dont bring all the sockpuppets of bytecoin and fantomcoin here. And btw what is the problem with the name? Why the hell has tft taken it so personal?!

Nothing went wrong with monero. Quite the opposite. You wouldnt bitching if it did. Yes, i dont like TFT and i have stated why. Can you please tell me if i am wrong on what i am saying about TFT?

I am telling that you are too rude and blaming one person in dev team's fails is unfair, IMO.
So, you are wrong than you try to put all responsibility to what is happening now with Monero to him.
As far as I understand, he is out of this coin in present and already have found another coin to develop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:25:22 PM

Wow guys, what's up with all the hate?

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
madzooka

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

Cool, another FUD agent

How do I know you're not an agent yourself?

That's gonna be interesting. There's smooth, I wonder. He is pretty good in finding them.

Maybe you know whose all those 2 months accounts on Bytecoin and Fantomcoin are. Like 3-4 of them were created in the same day. And all of them loving merge mining with bytecoin. LOL

I like MM.

6) Will you still spam  your comments now that i answered?

That attitude sucks, mate. Why are you so aggressive to other members?
IMO that emontmon made good points. There was no clear answer before he asked why devs keep avoiding his and other guys’ questions. That's the question the COMMUNITY would like to be answered!

Bytecoin (BCN) - true anonymity, privacy protection and only CPU-mining

Bytecoin address - 21eQrEa2wVcdnf8viyaDu78anS4aX3Kvqiyidan25UBCWRokFoTpAHk6hduLR1oBeJ7Map75dCQv4an r2meEiH4wKc1tbQh
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

1) How exactly did you benefit the community and the coin?
2) When is the open source miner going to be released? Why it wasn't? Please, provide exact technical details on that "unstable code thing".
3) Why did you change your attitude towards closed-source miner?
4) Why did you take over the coin and create a second thread when there was one already there?
5) Why did you change the domain name and forked the rep, while keeping the blockchain that you never started?
6) Why do you keep avoiding this very clear questions.

1) Community is benefited by not associating (merged mining) with a 80% premined coin called bytecoin. Also coin and algo became more known due to this community which brings more people interested in it and trying to make it better.
2) I dont know about this. I personally dont have a better miner than others. They have already answered you about but i agree that NoodleDoodle could also answer you.
3) Noone changed anything as far as i understand. Someone made one and is using it as it has happened countless times in every single coin out there.
4) Because tft was never responding and chaning anything on the thread. And OP must be refreshing a lot especially at first days of a coin.
5) I suppose because community changed the name of the coin disagreeing with tft about the name. I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything. As for the blockchain, last time i checked noone owns a blockchain except miners. Not dev.
6) Will you still spam  your comments now that i answered?

Thank you! We've got a discussion at last.

1) Thank you for that, but maybe you should stop making closed-source optimized miners and get back to work together with the BMR-part of the community?

2) An exact date is preferrable for everybody.

3) I posted already: first they (smooth, eizh, etc) claim that Minergate is not worth using as it is closed source even though it was not optimized in any way. Now they are ok with the closed source optimized miner. Cards on the table I'd say. This is exactly what makes me believe that you've got something even more optimized hidden and creating this crazy high difficulty.

4) Not true, as I see it. Just check, he's responding almost every single day.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0;all

Maybe little bit busy with the code that the "community" eventually took to enjoy the profit?

smooth, would you be willing to shed light on this story? How and when you decided to act? Why?

5) My point is not in TFT at all. My point is that these actions discredit the BitMonero/Monero. Changing name and taking over control, fine, I'm not against it. But doing it and then launching the closed-source optimized miner to only see the difficulty reach the stratosphere - that is what I find very suspicious.

6) I would like to hear tacotime, smooth, David, NoodleDoodle and who ever else hides behind monero profile. This is the question to them as they are the only who are aware of what is going on.

Ultimately if something is unfair we're free to choose not to participate.

You started this whole thing to make it fair. It's not, so I'm trying to get the "team" explain themselves.

They don't need to explain anything to you. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The difficulty is crazy but who says you need to mine this coin? You can still buy it in the trading thread.

The reason is closed-source miner and the faster than the spaceship increase in difficulty. If it was just taking over the control, if it was just the closed-source, if it was just the difficulty overnight 400% increase alone - I'd have no questions. Taken together, I'm just maybe called suspicious, but it just stinks as instamine.

And if they claim that they're so fast responding, it would be great to see the response finally. It's been a while. So, please, stop protecting something you're not even aware of.
huhliki.k

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:31:02 PM

Is it possible to use daemon and wallet across proxy?
cyrpi4

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:35:13 PM

We wanted MRO to be ready before the Bytecoin ninjamine take the lead. In a way, fast release helped fighting premine.

The hell it did! All it did was help you turn everything to your advantage while people had no time to react.

Donations: 2235fa09-d5b3-4d5d-9b28-d1281abc1ccb
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:39:47 PM

There is no "dev team".  There is a community of people working on various aspects of the coin.

I've been keeping the repo up to date.
NoodleDoodle likes to optimise his miner.
TFT started the fork and also assists when things break.
othe's been working on a GUI.
zone117x has been working on a pool.

It's a decentralized effort to maintain the fork, not a strawman team of leet hackers who dwell in the underbellies of the internet and conspire for instamines.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

Wow guys, what's up with all the hate?

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:42:14 PM

There is no "dev team".  There is a community of people working on various aspects of the coin.

It's a decentralized effort to maintain the fork, not a strawman team of leet hackers who dwell in the underbellies of the internet and conspire for instamines.
+1. Other community members handle the marketing aspects too, but as far as development is concerned, I think the list is complete.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:44:06 PM

We wanted MRO to be ready before the Bytecoin ninjamine take the lead. In a way, fast release helped fighting premine.

The hell it did! All it did was help you turn everything to your advantage while people had no time to react.

I don't know if these guys actually believe that or they think we are all stupid. Ninja Launch only benefit those in the know. With new algos, miners, and no gui really left out many people that come here. I missed the launch by two weeks and have less than 1000 coins now after mining for about 10 days. Tell us how many coins you guys mined in the first 10 days.

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

I don't know if these guys actually believe that or they think we are all stupid. Ninja Launch only benefit those in the know. With new algos, miners, and no gui really left out many people that come here. I missed the launch by two weeks and have less than 1000 coins now after mining for about 10 days. Tell us how many coins you guys mined in the first 10 days.

~450, now my miners are off.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
emontmon

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:48:57 PM

That's a lot of coins. I have 600 and have been mining since the 5th day.

Looks like I did not benefit much from early days. But I am not going to blame noodle.

Taco... You are now and the others the developers. Like it or not. With great power comes great rsponsability. I would recommend you not shy away.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:51:34 PM

don't know if these guys actually believe that or they think we are all stupid. Ninja Launch only benefit those in the know. With new algos, miners, and no gui really left out many people that come here. I missed the launch by two weeks and have less than 1000 coins now after mining for about 10 days. Tell us how many coins you guys mined in the first 10 days.
530 by mining 24/7 and I received some donations so consider it more like 300 coins. I am now sure it covers the electricity cost.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
NoodleDoodle

Activity: 84

D*CK Profiler

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:53:50 PM

I firmly believe that noodle should not be part of development team.

Like I stated in IRC, I am not part of the "dev team", I never was. Just so happens I took a look at the code and changed some extremely easy to spot "errors". I then decided to release the binary because I thought MRO would benefit from it. I made this decision individually and nobody else should be culpable, especially the community of individuals who have come together to maintain and foster the software.

By the way, I'm not even a real coder, so whatever changes I made should be easy to spot; especially for experienced developers.

Cheers.
emontmon

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Like I stated in IRC, I am not part of the "dev team", I never was. Just so happens I took a look at the code and changed some extremely easy to spot "errors". I then decided to release the binary because I thought MRO would benefit from it. I made this decision individually and nobody else should be culpable, especially the community of individuals who have come together to maintain and foster the software.

By the way, I'm not even a real coder, so whatever changes I made should be easy to spot; especially for experienced developers.

Cheers.

Good and good for you. You benefits are well deserved then. I speak from an outside perspective only.
Rias

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

There is no "dev team".  There is a community of people working on various aspects of the coin.

I have arguments for you to ask about instamine. How many times should I repeat until you say something on the matter?

1) Open-source optimized miner: when?
2) Difficulty skyrocket overnight: why?
3) And if TFT assists you, how come you guys claim he's off the table on the previous pages? And if he actually helps, why do you still have a second rep, which you, tacotime, have to keep up to date?

Come on, stop pretending to see bots everywhere. I raise my concerns, you have nothing even to say regarding them. I think this is self-explaining.
Rias

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

Cheers.

Until you show the source code there is no proof that these are "errors" as you call them.

How much have you increased the speed comparing to original miner?
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:01:32 PM

~1200 coins and I have been mining since Day 2. i7-3930k Linux. I have switched off my miners now however since we are in the middle of moving to new house.  Smiley
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:04:31 PM

I have arguments for you to ask about instamine. How many times should I repeat until you say something on the matter?

1) Open-source optimized miner: when?
Now, ND is submitting the PR.

2) Difficulty skyrocket overnight: why?
No idea, it's a private decentralized P2P network.

3) And if TFT assists you, how come you guys claim he's off the table on the previous pages? And if he actually helps, why do you still have a second rep, which you, tacotime, have to keep up to date?

Come on, stop pretending to see bots everywhere. I raise my concerns, you have nothing even to say regarding them. I think this is self-explaining.
I'm not sure why he doesn't update his repo. I have submitted PRs to it. Since it isn't being maintained, we have to maintain our own to ensure the fork stays up to date.

Code:
OracionSeis

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:05:49 PM

I've being following your much aggressive discussions for long. It will not lead to the good. All of us need to cool down now.

I decided to relaunch Monero so it will suit all your wishes that you had: flatter emission curve, open source optimized miner for everybody from the start, no MM with BCN/BMR and the name.
New Monero will be ready tomorrow, so we have time to discuss some points. You are welcome here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599580
I will be glad to have some help.

Peace, bros!

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: