Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 [754] 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
CryptoConnection

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:55:16 PM

Vericoin is an excellent crypto. The FUD, etc is typical and unnecessary.  I would like to see this thread become a point of reference for updates/logical VRC discussion. I have ignored some of the "troublemakers" in this thread.  As opposed to going on and on and on, let's just move forward with logical discussion. Some of the characters that we're arguing with here are known to do this kind of thing.  They have intentions, underhanded intentions.  I've seen this kind of thing before from the same parties involved in the "FUD-stirring" in this thread.  These people are mostly criminals.  It's unfortunate that we don't have the ability to better moderate this thread.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:56:31 PM

Speaking from personal experience. The things holding me back from further investment in this coin are not forum posts from people speaking a critical point of view. It's everything that is happening in the culture of the community.

The ones who are critical, have every right. They should know better than to be so abbrasive sometimes, sure.

The ones who chearlead have every right, though sometimes they ignore common sense, sure.

The fact of the matter is people are frustrated with the lack of leadership, and experience this team has displayed. They express it in their own ways. Some get "angry" some offer ideas, and ways to move forward. One common theme is people have no clue a direction to go, no real, attainable goals to work toward. And the lack of direction lets people spend time here arguing over everything, that they could be using to advance virtual currencies. Instead you come here, and argue with each other in the most useless ways possible.

Go ahead, censor this forum, it just shows the ignorance of what vericoin has become. You don't take away free speach. You offer more places to speak freely. WTF is wrong with this coin and its leaders I will never understand, But I certainly don't see the long term vision anymore working out under current leadership / community culture.

This team has proven they can see out a few satoshi's in value of vericoin(short term), Longterm value they have not created 1 iota. I don't think they have any real idea how to become "mainstream" other than hoping a community member picks up this whole coin and takes it with them.

But would you agree its Impossible for people to find the relevant information in this thread without digging through a insane quantity of A&B Vs "Fanboys" (their term).
I just want a little peace  Leave this thread open and let them slug it out but give Me and i think many others a moderated thread where we can read about updates plannes etc.
I dont like IRC , i Tried VRC Radio i cant listen to that everytime nor would i want to.
I would prefer a thread with only 1 guy posting Relevant stuff , from irc or vrc radio or whatever source.
Or heavily moderated Questions fine but Save me from this type of bullshit with 4 people filling up a thread with yes no who has the biggest discussions.
As for altcoin uk generalising Everyone the devs and the community and said that we supported homofobes .u had some of my respect untill that moment.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:31:38 PM

Speaking from personal experience. The things holding me back from further investment in this coin are not forum posts from people speaking a critical point of view. It's everything that is happening in the culture of the community.

The ones who are critical, have every right. They should know better than to be so abbrasive sometimes, sure.

The ones who chearlead have every right, though sometimes they ignore common sense, sure.

The fact of the matter is people are frustrated with the lack of leadership, and experience this team has displayed. They express it in their own ways. Some get "angry" some offer ideas, and ways to move forward. One common theme is people have no clue a direction to go, no real, attainable goals to work toward. And the lack of direction lets people spend time here arguing over everything, that they could be using to advance virtual currencies. Instead you come here, and argue with each other in the most useless ways possible.

Go ahead, censor this forum, it just shows the ignorance of what vericoin has become. You don't take away free speach. You offer more places to speak freely. WTF is wrong with this coin and its leaders I will never understand, But I certainly don't see the long term vision anymore working out under current leadership / community culture.

This team has proven they can see out a few satoshi's in value of vericoin(short term), Longterm value they have not created 1 iota. I don't think they have any real idea how to become "mainstream" other than hoping a community member picks up this whole coin and takes it with them.

But would you agree its Impossible for people to find the relevant information in this thread without digging through a insane quantity of A&B Vs "Fanboys" (their term).
I just want a little peace  Leave this thread open and let them slug it out but give Me and i think many others a moderated thread where we can read about updates plannes etc.
I dont like IRC , i Tried VRC Radio i cant listen to that everytime nor would i want to.
I would prefer a thread with only 1 guy posting Relevant stuff , from irc or vrc radio or whatever source.
Or heavily moderated Questions fine but Save me from this type of bullshit with 4 people filling up a thread with yes no who has the biggest discussions.
As for altcoin uk generalising Everyone the devs and the community and said that we supported homofobes .u had some of my respect untill that moment.

I think there is a place for everything. It is very hard to find relevant information here I agree with you on that. Just a few days ago I posted a website trybtc.com that I think a vericoin community member should try to produce. This provides a simple step by step guide to bring people into the community, and show them a professional, clean first impression.

If people want to spend time here its because the virtual currency culture has led people to. Generally people believe there investment will go up 100% a week, or something is wrong.

People use these forums because when the flavor of the month is gone its oops, onto the next one! The true VeriCoin supporters will find those outlets and express themselves where appropriate. People will use this forum to post gif's, chearleed, and do other things they think will hold value in another PnD'ers eyes. You build momentum on this forum once you have a real product. The more excitement behind your product, the longer you have peoples attention here. Once the "game" is up you tend to get left with a lot of "bad apples" until the next game starts.

Then everyone forgets the anomosity and praises the short term price gains with " I told you so's " high fives, moon gif's and predictions of 500k satoshi. That is, unless failure is inevitable, than the price will return to its fair market value.

;TLDR, taking away this forum is a dangerous move. You remove yourself from the circle of pump and dumps. Which, to me has been the target crowd for all VRC related activity recently. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Without your pumpers holding this coin attempting to profit down the road, then it would be in much more dire straights today.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:32:36 PM

Zoidberg??  Maybe Dev4
coin_price_usr

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:39:25 PM

Good news for the community, coin price analysis on VRC coming soon!
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

Let's all just throw out blatant accusations and hang everybody before getting all of the facts.
The purported IRC buyer is a scammer or a group of scammers who seem to have been targeting IRC Vericoin users for several weeks now.  They will offer to buy VRC at any rate in hopes that greed will make someone slip up.  I informed the IRC channel of this weeks ago and given these people are still coming back they probably need to get banned for the safety of IRC users.

Why altcoinUK keeps trying to lie here I have no idea, unless he is somehow related to the IRC scammers.  In any case.  If anyone wants to buy or sell alot of VRC at once, all you have to do is put the order on at a certain time and have your counterparty put their order on at the same time to match it.  Easy and Done.

On a side note.  For those who support the idea of Dev4, please PM your Devs and request this directly to them and ask them how you can help.

How can anybody make a decsion on Dev4?. We have no idea who he is?  What he's offering? or what he wants for a deal?  What are the targets?. How many coins involved?. Time limit on hitting targets?. What his intentions after?You Have to be kidding. Decide??? on what?

NO! on  Dev4!

I tend to agree with you but if he was thoroughly vetted and found to be a person of integrity then I would probably reconsider.
Kevondo, actually for every single question you gave as a reason you vote no, the answer has been posted right here in this forum from the outset of the discussions so no clue where you have been.   Even his identity is known to not only the devs, but I bet to a few other people as well.  His support and his tech would be the single greatest asset this coin would ever have but if you are happy at 8000 and 9000 Satoshis and sitting idle (or slowly dying) while the rest of crypto is evolving, then by all means stick your head in the sand and stay with your very uninformed opinion.

or, just go back and read my posts to get your answers.

Ive read them I would Jump on that deal that was suggested in those posts thats why the comment they where Negotiating confused me l8er.
I thought that was the deal dev4 asked for as u stated in your post.(wich as i posted before is a DreamDeal for us)
I also havent seen anything from the Devs linking to where i could Vote on this or ask me to contribute x VRC.
This should be on the vericoin.info voting / commenting.
I vote TO TAKE THAT DEAL TODAY!
If we cant raise 500k to put in escrow for this we might as well give up now. I will be more then happy to put in my share.

Just to be Clear as I understand it We Put 500k in Esrcow @ current market value so lets say 9k.
Dev4 Will work on this coin for Free.
If and when the price hits 100k sat he can go to the Escrow and @ that time BUY those coins for 9k sat price @ that time u will get paid for your coins.

As deals go they dont get much better then that , If im wrong or missed something please correct me i just want to understand the deal properly.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:10:37 PM

Hey VRC holders: We have some stuff we're working on but many of our potential partners are insistent that the community stop attacking each other and acting so childish. So please, let's try to be civil here or we will be forced to close this unce. ored thread.

Oh then by all means hurry up and close it and proceed with those fabulous deals you are aceing with third parties such as moolah and coinsis.... since those have proven to be so beneficial for the project (I know, I know, by 2040  we'll begin to see how beneficial they are a what a visionary you were). We are quite literally  forcing you to do what you have been so.long aching to do... go for it Nosker and, by the way, you can take the historic opportunity to tell everyone exactly what the purpose of the transfrr of you 200k vrc was.

So there are no more doubts or confusing interpretations...

You can also clarify that the dev team is not going to enter the vouching of new escrow businesses business.

he is simply asking you to chill out, cool it dude, with the accusations, wild theories etc, now odd spelling * what's up with that   Huh. You are much more eloquent & intelligent than that. So behave like it.

I have not been on here much, for the past few pages, You have been a very bad boy  Grin

i stood up for you on many occasions, whenever you show some collaboration. Lately I can see you are under fire from many which I did warn you a while back, that you can't just go around blasting insults and expect others to be kind.

Yes you can write your books, yes you can blast me, i am immune by now lol - but seriously, all jokes aside we all reflect the image of this coin. So let's be civil - thanks

Err... dude, we have had a long series of encounters (encounters online, that is), Nosker, Pike and me, so whenever they post something here, there's never just "chill out", ok? We know very, very well -them and me- that they want to effect the highest level of censorship. They have both DONE so -many times- and expressed to that effect several others. So no, it isn't "chill out" it is, indeed, trying to justify exercising censorship. Period. And hey... dude, it's ok with me: They will not silence the criticism, the very well deserved criticism and, as usual, the move will bite themselves in the arse. Like every single decision, so far, has.

This is not new, of course (nothing -but the initial new standard of transparency... what an irony that is going to be...- in in Vericoin, everything seems to be copy/paste, even behaviors) and was implemented already and by very much the same reasons, by BlackCoin which these guys want so desperately to copy... only thing is that, as usual, they will not learn from their mistakes: Since they closed the unmoderated forum, BC has never ceased to go down.

Not only I haven't been a "bad boy" I have been, actually, the ONLY one here that, in spite of the relentless attacks, has not retaliated at all and has not uttered a single bad word... the effect though, is the same: We are dealing with beasts of the worst kind. And beasts would be beasts. End of that story.

My spelling is just fine, it's simply that posting from a smartphone is tedious and prone to errors.

As for the image of Vericoin, what can you expect when the dev team has not done anything at all since launch and most of their "efforts" are concentrated on establishing widespread censorship and actually exercising it on a daily basis wherever they are allowed to? The beasts here don't help, of course, but the ill is endemic and deeply rooted in the origins. These guys, the devs, lack everything that is needed to carry on a project like this: Technical skills -we don't have any doubts in that department, do we?-, leadership and a clear, defined goal... let alone any semblance of a plan to achieve it. Even the tag "good guys" has already been destroyed (by them). So what's left is a great community -that will be ashamed of the "supporters" that post here- that is more than ready to jump off the boat as soon as the losses are somewhat diminished. So the image of Vericoin has been dirtied, and not precisely by those like myself that look at the project with detailed and specific criticism but -I repeat- by the devs themselves and, more specifically, their fully evidenced gross incompetence at every single level.

Now, these are not "accusations" or "wild theories"... this is a real, specific action: When the theft happened, Patrick Nosker transferred from his personal account 200k VRC to Mintpal. Acknowledged and widely known fact. I have received, from the horse's mouth, an "explanation" that wouldn't convince a 2 year old, to justify such move. So why not try again and for everyone to see the extent of the ridiculousness of the "explanation". That would be "transparency", wouldn't it? It's nothing particularly "wild" and definitely not a "theory". It is also not an "accusation" since it is a not denied fact... why try to dissolve it like it never happened, like you are doing? Mudding the waters is the opposite of transparency. And you want transparency, don't you?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:10:42 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 04:29:59 PM by altcoinUK

... you are happy at 8000 and 9000 Satoshis and sitting idle (or slowly dying) while the rest of crypto is evolving, then by all means stick your head in the sand ...

Bingo ... thank you for confirming what I have been arguing here for weeks. The coin is indeed stagnating and slowly dying while the rest of crypto is evolving. Also thank you for confirming that the main issue is the incapable dev team - obviously that's why you have been recruiting a new developer.

Once sensible VRC holders recognize the problem, then we are very much on the way to find the solution. (The hurrah optimist cheerleaders and uninformed VRC holders won't be happy but they will come around)

One possible solution is what you actually suggest:
Step 1: to educate the vocal cheerleaders and uninformed VRC holders that indeed there are serious problems with VRC, the coin is sitting idle and slowly dying (as you identified the sate of VRC correctly) and there's no need to be emotional when the problems are pointed out
Step 2: to reduce the infinite arrogance of the developers by about 90%
Step 3: increase the expertise within the team and feature set within the application by bringing your new developer into the operation

EDIT:
Step 1-3 could be parallel process, but all necessary to end the endless debate here and move forward.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:17:04 PM

Let's all just throw out blatant accusations and hang everybody before getting all of the facts.
The purported IRC buyer is a scammer or a group of scammers who seem to have been targeting IRC Vericoin users for several weeks now.  They will offer to buy VRC at any rate in hopes that greed will make someone slip up.  I informed the IRC channel of this weeks ago and given these people are still coming back they probably need to get banned for the safety of IRC users.

Why altcoinUK keeps trying to lie here I have no idea, unless he is somehow related to the IRC scammers.  In any case.  If anyone wants to buy or sell alot of VRC at once, all you have to do is put the order on at a certain time and have your counterparty put their order on at the same time to match it.  Easy and Done.

On a side note.  For those who support the idea of Dev4, please PM your Devs and request this directly to them and ask them how you can help.

How can anybody make a decsion on Dev4?. We have no idea who he is?  What he's offering? or what he wants for a deal?  What are the targets?. How many coins involved?. Time limit on hitting targets?. What his intentions after?You Have to be kidding. Decide??? on what?

NO! on  Dev4!

I tend to agree with you but if he was thoroughly vetted and found to be a person of integrity then I would probably reconsider.
Kevondo, actually for every single question you gave as a reason you vote no, the answer has been posted right here in this forum from the outset of the discussions so no clue where you have been.   Even his identity is known to not only the devs, but I bet to a few other people as well.  His support and his tech would be the single greatest asset this coin would ever have but if you are happy at 8000 and 9000 Satoshis and sitting idle (or slowly dying) while the rest of crypto is evolving, then by all means stick your head in the sand and stay with your very uninformed opinion.

Ive read them I would Jump on that deal that was suggested in those posts thats why the comment they where Negotiating confused me l8er.
I thought that was the deal dev4 asked for as u stated in your post.(wich as i posted before is a DreamDeal for us)
I also havent seen anything from the Devs linking to where i could Vote on this or ask me to contribute x VRC.
This should be on the vericoin.info voting / commenting.
I vote TO TAKE THAT DEAL TODAY!
If we cant raise 500k to put in escrow for this we might as well give up now. I will be more then happy to put in my share.

Just to be Clear as I understand it We Put 500k in Esrcow @ current market value so lets say 9k.
Dev4 Will work on this coin for Free.
If and when the price hits 100k sat he can go to the Escrow and @ that time BUY those coins for 9k sat price @ that time u will get paid for your coins.

As deals go they dont get much better then that , If im wrong or missed something please correct me i just want to understand the deal properly.

That is, indeed, the deal they are taking weeks to "consider".

Just to make clear one point in your post is a bit confusing: Yes, if and when VRC reaches 0.001, dev4 would buy those 500k at current price -of today- and the donors will receive the proceeds from him, so, in fact, they would have not put a single VRC into the deal.

Not completely clear either is the term of this deal, but we were led -by Drkman- to believe that it would be up to the end of the year or earlier.

I would reiterate my previously posted question to Drkman, is "boxxa" 'dev4'?
libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 04:33:38 PM

Hey Effects, Patrick, etc... Is that Dev4 thing still in play?  I figured the silence meant that things didn't work out.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

Hey Effects, Patrick, etc... Is that Dev4 thing still in play?  I figured the silence meant that things didn't work out.

It's still in play, will update the community when a few things are talked through.
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:37:57 PM

If I was to support this dev4 I would have to know who he is, what skill set he brings with him, what his track record is like etc.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 06:40:39 PM

If I was to support this dev4 I would have to know who he is, what skill set he brings with him, what his track record is like etc.

Yer goes with out saying, complete transparency required.

amirmass

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

alright, daikoku scammer is out, that's a good thing, now let's see VRC heading 100,200, 500k........chart looks very nice

██
         ▐██▌
         █▌▐█
        ▐█  █▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀    █▌    ▐█  ▄█▀▀
      ▐█      █▌█▀
      █▌   ▄▄ ▐█
     ▐█  ▄██▀  █▌
     ██▄██▀    ▐█
    ▐███▀       █▌
Z-POP DREAM

▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
  ▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
   ▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
    ▒▒▒ ████▌
     ▒  ▐████
     █▌  ████▌
     ▐█  ▐███████▄
      █▌  ████████▌
      ▐█  ▐████████
       █▌  ████████▌
       ▐█  ▐████████
        █▌  ████████▌
GROW TALENT ★★★★
★★★★ CREATE STAR

▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█    ▒▒
  ▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌  ▒▒▒
   ▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█ ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒ ▀███████▌   ▒▒▒▒▒
     ▒      ▐████  ▒▒▒▒▒▒
     █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
     ▐█      ▐████▒▒▒▒▒▒
      █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒
 ▄▄   ▐█      ▐████ ▒▒
████   █▌      ████▌
 ▀▀    ▐█      ▐████
        █▌      ████▌
Website
White paper
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:46:29 PM

It's still in play, will update the community when a few things are talked through.

Good to hear it Doug...thanks for the update!
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:33:18 PM

NO! on  Dev4!

Kevondo, actually for every single question you gave as a reason you vote no, the answer has been posted right here in this forum from the outset of the discussions so no clue where you have been.   Even his identity is known to not only the devs, but I bet to a few other people as well.  His support and his tech would be the single greatest asset this coin would ever have but if you are happy at 8000 and 9000 Satoshis and sitting idle (or slowly dying) while the rest of crypto is evolving, then by all means stick your head in the sand and stay I follow this with your very uninformed opinion.

Those are YOUR opinions on this Euber-Dev. How can we have an opinion if we don't know who he is?

or evaluate the deal if we don't know what it entails.

The specfic's of the deal have never been certain.

First it was a Million Coins. with a Laddered payout when price targets where attained and no mention of his paying anything.
Pnosker said he didn't want to hold the coins so Big Snapples (who's promoting the deal says he will-- right!)

Snapples also said he had a large holding and would donate 100,000 of his own but when asked to post a wallet addy to prove he indeed held that many coins he failed to provide one and still hasn't.(to my knowledge)

He also said he had commitments from other holders of VRC for a total of 500,000.

The coins never materialized and the deal lanquished. It then was revived but it was for 500,000 now and he pays todays price for the coins when and if he hits the target.

Does he get the entire 500,00 for hitting 100K Sat. or is it still laddered?

How much time does he get to hit the Target? Can it be a year, 2 years, 5 years?

What's to stop him from "Dumping" the coins once he has them in his possesion?

If the Dev's are satisfied they can work with him, and think the deal has merit, I would want him to unveil himself (without exposing his Uber-feature). Him staying anonymous is a deal breaker for me. It violates the spirit of Vericoin. I'm not the only one drawn to the coin by the openness of the Devs.

The rumor now is that it's an Etherium based feature he has. Just GREAT! It's not even promised until Winter of '15, and they don't even have to deliver, EVER! NOt with my money.Especially in Crypto World. We'll see where that project is come spring.

The entire deal stinks of Capitalism to me. It's all about "Price Appreciation". Vericoin will appreciate in value as features are added/improved and the community educates the masses about Digital Currencies.  Which will lead to wide acceptance of digital commerce as a way of transfering value from person to merchant, Bank, or another person.

If you want to make a Quick Buck go Day Trade.  

So What is THE DEAL?

or should I try and fiqure it out from the conflicting things I read.

Your not spelling out the parameters of the deal being considered is a testament to your self-absorbed rightousness in pursuit of MONEY.

It's isn't about the MONEY for me. It's the higher road of Satoshi's Grand Vision.

Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:35:42 PM

From the start this coin has been held back, period. a hack, unseen forces, PnD's, An all out FUDSTER STORM on this thread.  Just a usual summer in crypto.?  Tongue

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:36:58 PM

the price is low not b/c of lack of development or the efforts of the current devs...

it is low right now b/c for weeks now there has been a well coordinated effort to force the price down by more then one person for more then one reason... everything from ppl selling off to support their own/other coins to ppl being scared PoS might replace PoW...

Now on this Dev4 thing... I have voiced my opinion on the matter...

if that developer stops playing this stupid nobody can know my name while I demand an insane amount of coins game... my stance might change...

but to be honest I would not be surprised if that "developer" has also been apart of that effort to force vrc down.  

and I veri much have to agree with a post made on veritalk even tho that forum is apparently no more.

"if the devs are willing to negotiate with 500k to over a million vrc they should b working to make a deal with companies like apple to do things like work off the upcoming iphone 6 and its integrated digital wallet...

not striking deals with someone off of btctalk."

The levels of delusion here are to be seen to be believed, really...

Not in the next 20 years you will ever pass the receptionist at Apple if you are to mention digital currencies, let alone VRC.

Wow, wow, wow...

And yep Arsenio, the entire world is conspiring to push the price of VRC down... not that not having made ANY progress whatsoever since launch, has anything to do with it...

Amazing. Simply amazing...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:40:58 PM

NO! on  Dev4!

Kevondo, actually for every single question you gave as a reason you vote no, the answer has been posted right here in this forum from the outset of the discussions so no clue where you have been.   Even his identity is known to not only the devs, but I bet to a few other people as well.  His support and his tech would be the single greatest asset this coin would ever have but if you are happy at 8000 and 9000 Satoshis and sitting idle (or slowly dying) while the rest of crypto is evolving, then by all means stick your head in the sand and stay I follow this with your very uninformed opinion.

Those are YOUR opinions on this Euber-Dev. How can we have an opinion if we don't know who he is?

or evaluate the deal if we don't know what it entails.

The specfic's of the deal have never been certain.

First it was a Million Coins. with a Laddered payout when price targets where attained and no mention of his paying anything.
Pnosker said he didn't want to hold the coins so Big Snapples (who's promoting the deal says he will-- right!)

Snapples also said he had a large holding and would donate 100,000 of his own but when asked to post a wallet addy to prove he indeed held that many coins he failed to provide one and still hasn't.(to my knowledge)

He also said he had commitments from other holders of VRC for a total of 500,000.

The coins never materialized and the deal lanquished. It then was revived but it was for 500,000 now and he pays todays price for the coins when and if he hits the target.

Does he get the entire 500,00 for hitting 100K Sat. or is it still laddered?

How much time does he get to hit the Target? Can it be a year, 2 years, 5 years?

What's to stop him from "Dumping" the coins once he has them in his possesion?

If the Dev's are satisfied they can work with him, and think the deal has merit, I would want him to unveil himself (without exposing his Uber-feature). Him staying anonymous is a deal breaker for me. It violates the spirit of Vericoin. I'm not the only one drawn to the coin by the openness of the Devs.

The rumor now is that it's an Etherium based feature he has. Just GREAT! It's not even promised until Winter of '15, and they don't even have to deliver, EVER! NOt with my money.Especially in Crypto World. We'll see where that project is come spring.

The entire deal stinks of Capitalism to me. It's all about "Price Appreciation". Vericoin will appreciate in value as features are added/improved and the community educates the masses about Digital Currencies.  Which will lead to wide acceptance of digital commerce as a way of transfering value from person to merchant, Bank, or another person.

If you want to make a Quick Buck go Day Trade.  

So What is THE DEAL?

or should I try and fiqure it out from the conflicting things I read.

Your not spelling out the parameters of the deal being considered is a testament to your self-absorbed rightousness in pursuit of MONEY.

It's isn't about the MONEY for me. It's the higher road of Satoshi's Grand Vision.

And "radio"...
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:42:45 PM

the price is low not b/c of lack of development or the efforts of the current devs...

it is low right now b/c for weeks now there has been a well coordinated effort to force the price down by more then one person for more then one reason... everything from ppl selling off to support their own/other coins to ppl being scared PoS might replace PoW...

Now on this Dev4 thing... I have voiced my opinion on the matter...

if that developer stops playing this stupid nobody can know my name while I demand an insane amount of coins game... my stance might change...

but to be honest I would not be surprised if that "developer" has also been apart of that effort to force vrc down.  

and I veri much have to agree with a post made on veritalk even tho that forum is apparently no more.

"if the devs are willing to negotiate with 500k to over a million vrc they should b working to make a deal with companies like apple to do things like work off the upcoming iphone 6 and its integrated digital wallet...

not striking deals with someone off of btctalk."

I really don't want to do any backroom anything.  Ultimately these will be decisions for the community, we are just seeing if it's even worth talking about publicly essentially. The only reason it's not open right now is at the request of the dev, which will change either way.  There will be transparency either way this goes.  Ultimately the decision will rest with the community if it is something that is possible.  We should have more clarity on this soon.
Pages: « 1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 [754] 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: