Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:29:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 [707] 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:00:57 AM

How easy is it to get VRC?

I have a small banner on my Website (who else?). I got the first email from a customer who asked me what it is and I explained it. The second question was where he can buy VRC? So I told him that he has to buy BTC and then he can trade it on an exchange for VRC. I know that there is also a company where you can buy VRC via Paypal but it's about 20% overpriced.

Isn't there a way to buy VRC easy as 1,2,3,? Just a small button on the Vericoin site like "buy it here". Pay with CC or Paypal or even bank Transfer and get your VRC in minutes. If that is not possible because of the law, maybe we can add a small exchange to veritalk where users sell VRC via PayPal to others. Getting VRC must be easier.

BTW: Add a banner to your Website, bring out the brand to the world, even the biggest companies in the world do it. It's so easy. Here is a small logo:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/30vdk5u.jpg

Help VRC to succeed and support it (instead of just talking about)

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xenofanes

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:53:08 AM

How easy is it to get VRC?

I have a small banner on my Website (who else?). I got the first email from a customer who asked me what it is and I explained it. The second question was where he can buy VRC? So I told him that he has to buy BTC and then he can trade it on an exchange for VRC. I know that there is also a company where you can buy VRC via Paypal but it's about 20% overpriced.

Isn't there a way to buy VRC easy as 1,2,3,? Just a small button on the Vericoin site like "buy it here". Pay with CC or Paypal or even bank Transfer and get your VRC in minutes. If that is not possible because of the law, maybe we can add a small exchange to veritalk where users sell VRC via PayPal to others. Getting VRC must be easier.

BTW: Add a banner to your Website, bring out the brand to the world, even the biggest companies in the world do it. It's so easy. Here is a small logo:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/30vdk5u.jpghttp://oi60.tinypic.com/30vdk5u.jpg

Help VRC to succeed and support it (instead of just talking about)

Regards,
Michael

great work
 congratulation
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:18:34 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 12:42:23 PM by abercrombie

World Crypto Network YouTube channel on the NXT hack.  Chris Ellis said,

"And bear in mind it wasn't even their (NXT) fault.  And to their credit, they didn't go with what Vericoin did with a very very rollback and a very very dishonest way of running a coin.  So they kind of at least did the right thing as a coin."

"So, all of the customers got their money back.  Bter said that they were going to pay everyone back.  So they're the ones taking the hit. Because if that's true, then that's the best outcome. That's the lessons to take away...
"

http://youtu.be/ptQGRyOx_Ew?t=20m40s

onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:33:06 AM

"And bear in mind it wasn't even their (NXT) fault.  And to their credit, they didn't go with what Vericoin did with a very very rollback and a very very dishonest way of running a coin.  So they kind of at least did the right thing as a coin."

"So, all of the customers got their money back.  Bter said that they were going to pay everyone back.  So they're the ones taking the hit. Because if that's true, then that's the best outcome. That's the lessons to take away..."

Umm, NXT hack was not a security issue to the blockchain. Very little damage done with 5% stolen from a POS coin versus 30% in the case of the VeriCoin theft. The shoe doesn't fit. Comparing apples and oranges. etc.etc.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:50:19 AM

"So, all of the customers got their money back.  Bter said that they were going to pay everyone back.  So they're the ones taking the hit. Because if that's true, then that's the best outcome. That's the lessons to take away..."

the whole bter/nxt hack smelled fishy..why would they send 100btc to thieves..
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:36:59 AM

Vericoin iOS App pending validation from Apple!

Awesome Job Guys!

https://twitter.com/pnosker/status/503365170333118465
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:24:05 AM

to the person cheerleading for paypal... why u here? do u work for paypal? don't u think your barking up the wrong tree? do u even crypto? lol why use any crypto whatsoever if u love paypal?

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:30:26 AM

and to anyone comparing NXT theft with the vericoin theft and their situations with the rollback or no rollback... u clearly know nothing about market cap and percentages lol or numbers at all and you shouldn't be trading or investing in anything besides food and shelter. lol

i will not explain why nxt couldn't do a rollback or why vericoin had no choice but to do a rollback... even pnosker said publicly that nxt should NOT rollback..

for all the children out there that want to fud or actually think your posting something true , please do some research before cause your just making yourself look bad...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:35:28 AM

It's a real shame that some people on this coin have so little tolerance or insight. I avoid PayPal whenever possible. I don't like it. BUT PayPal provides an excellent service to millions of users who are willing to pay the fees and use it. I found it quite reasonable to ask why any Gran, Joe or Janet in the first world would bother using an alt currency when they can use CC or PayPal or OK Pay etc.  Smiley
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 09:54:26 AM

1. Why should I take the risk of using vericoin if I already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

wow, you don't even know how much fee PayPal charges for their randomly freezing money system.
Everybody with 5 fingers on his hand should understand that you are just talking trash.

Well I have always used Paypal and never payed a cent for doing so... no idea what you´re talking about. Could you explain me what "randomly freezing money system" is about instead of trolling and insulting...

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

well, I don't know if you are just not the smartest out there or just don't want to understand how this world works.

Either way you pay the fee. The Merchant will just charge the fee hidden in the price you pay.
Do you really think just because you are not charged for the fee you are not going to pay it in the end?

You should really start to think beyond the doors you life in and understand what is behind all this marketing billion $ company shit.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:58:12 AM

Umm, NXT hack was not a security issue to the blockchain. Very little damage done with 5% stolen from a POS coin versus 30% in the case of the VeriCoin theft. The shoe doesn't fit. Comparing apples and oranges. etc.etc.

"And bear in mind it wasn't even their (NXT) fault" is he Suggesting mintpal hack was vericoins fault ?
Also the stated about 5% vs 30 % appels oranges  more like appels and mellons. also they would hold enough to possibly attack the coin with 30% .
Can Chris Ellis point out the ones that where dishonestly threated due to the rollback besides the holders of the 30% stolen coin?
Id like to add that i think its great that Bter is paying back their customers ( i think they and many others have seen what happend to Mintpal volume after the hack.
Either Chris Ellis Doesnt know what hes talking about (wich i dont think is the case)or he is purposly leaving out Vital information that makes all the difference in the NXT vs VRC hack, it doesnt make him a Liar but telling the "truth" in such away doesnt make him much better then one either.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:42:56 AM

@altcoinUK: Well bro, I have a feeling, that you are already lost to the dark side of BobPlop and gang. Your point of
                  view regarding importance of blockchain2 is simply wrong. Vericoin does not need
                  blockchain2 on itself. It can use existing platforms like ripple, stellar and what else is going to get
                  realized on this field. I feel like you are just annoyed, that your point does not get the dev´s and
                  community´s attention you had hoped for.

As for I am annoyed that my idea doesn't get attention, yes personally I think apart from BTC the blockchain 2 coins are the future, but there are other coins which I have invested (Ethereum, Viacoin, 2 other smart-contract start-ups that are not altcoins and not public yet and waiting for the Skycoin IPO as well), so there is no annoyance from me regarding to the reception of my suggestions -  I have plenty other opportunities to be involved with blockchain 2. To be honest what is important to me that the devs start to implement anything that works, like implement a rolling doughnut hole in the wallet so users can take a flying fuck into the doughnut hole, because from publicity and mass adoption viewpoint that would be more useful feature than the current delusional worldwide mass adoption theme and its useless, lame VISA card idea.

Terms of the technicality, I appreciate your comments, but we have never discussed the implementation details of blockchain 2 here, so I am not sure how do you know what my suggestion on implementation level is :-) I have pointed out here white papers, source codes, current implementations such as Ripple, Counterparty, Ethereum, but we never ever got into the details terms of design and options on implementation level. I am not sure why do you think the supporters of the blockchain 2 theme had the chance to discuss here anything. Actually, probably there is nothing to discuss and expect as the devs are not in the league of Peter Todd, btcdrak not to mention Buterin. We investors thought they are and capable software developers - it seems they aren't. To be honest, from a short chat with pnosker I have the impression the devs don't even understand the source code of bitcoin, litecoin, vericoin (pnosker had no idea what OP_RETURN output is) which is not surprising as vericoin is a Sunny King copy/paste fork with very little added value from the vericoin devs. Again, we investors thought the devs are capable to take the forked software to next level, unfortunately they are not. That's why Barrabas' idea does make sense, and perhaps the "good guy" theme is the only solution here.
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:32:08 PM

closed.

moved to -> www.veritalk.info

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:18:09 PM

Great! It's time the useless cheerleaders, silver coin creators, radio hosts, so people who failed to progress the coin and supported the actions that brought the coin to 9k go way. The issues needs be discussed here without you hype makers.

Bye, have a good time at veritalk  Cheesy
luisb

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 05:39:21 PM by luisb

1. Why should I take the risk of using vericoin if I already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

wow, you don't even know how much fee PayPal charges for their randomly freezing money system.
Everybody with 5 fingers on his hand should understand that you are just talking trash.

Well I have always used Paypal and never payed a cent for doing so... no idea what you´re talking about. Could you explain me what "randomly freezing money system" is about instead of trolling and insulting...

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

well, I don't know if you are just not the smartest out there or just don't want to understand how this world works.

Either way you pay the fee. The Merchant will just charge the fee hidden in the price you pay.
Do you really think just because you are not charged for the fee you are not going to pay it in the end?

You should really start to think beyond the doors you life in and understand what is behind all this marketing billion $ company shit.

I honestly suggest you to grow up and stop giving your opinions which are *offensive* about how you think I am because what I´ve said in a post and start accepting that you have no fucking idea what you´re talking about because you dont know me as you already pointed out

Accept as well that your opinion about whether I´m intelligent or not doesn´t contribute *at all* to the discussion, but rather makes you look like an asshole who is trying to offend and troll with the classic "ad hominem" instead using his brain and thinking on the implications of what I´m pointing out in my post.

So lets say everyone could save a worthless 2.9% paying with vericoin and lets suppose I am wrong about the Paypal fees, just because I do not want to discuss the bullshit details here, but rather focus on the important issues.

So you really think 3% savings when buying something is going to convince Joe Bloggs and aunt Emma to

1. Do some research and understand what vericoin is and the "advantages" it has to offer over other payment methods

2. Take the risk of losing 80% value in 30 days

3. Take the risk of losing the possibility of a charge back

4. Take the risk of doing something wrong and send to the wrong address or wrong phone number (veriSMS) because they are human after all.

5. Take the risk of sending ID copies to a random website (possibility of identity theft if a hack happens)

6. Take the risk of sending FIAT to a random website (possibility of losing the money like some people did in some well known
 exchanges) or meeting a perfect stranger on the street in order to get BTC because they want VRC quicker (localbitcoins)

7. Go through the hassle of sending ID copies and transfering FIAT to a random website or meeting a stranger on the street

Are you serious?

**again**

Aunt Emma and Joe Sixpack are asking us

1. Why should I take the risk of using vericoin if I already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero* fees for online payments (paypal)?

*maybe thats what they think because setting an account costs zero

spankyminer

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:17:08 PM

I found it quite reasonable to ask why any Gran, Joe or Janet in the first world would bother using an alt currency when they can use CC or PayPal or OK Pay etc.  Smiley

Thats why cryptos are a fad  Cry
luisb

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:18:46 PM

As for the rest, I guess we can all let our minds wander but personally, as someone with credit cards, a PayPal account and even a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard (with 1% cash back on everything) so that I can use my PayPal acct like a checking acct or like a credit account, I wouldn't mind having a VeriCoin Visa card as I'm growing increasingly worried about the persistant devaluation of our dollar here in the States and it's future as our world's reserve currency.  I see digital currencies like Bitcoin and VeriCoin as hedges against such systemic risk and with the way that food and gas prices continue to climb at such a steady, if not ever increasing rate of pace, I don't think it will be all that long before Aunt Emma and/or Joe Bloggs figure it out and start buying cryptos, too.

And you think aunt Emma and Joe Sixpack are going to stop using Paypal and CCs and switch to VRC because they have the same ideological motives as you do?

Are you f*cking serious??

And anyway the question aunt Emma  and Joe Sixpack were asking us is not

- Would we mind using Vericoin instead CCs or Paypal? (obviously they are asking themselves here not us)

but rather

1. Why should we take the risk of using vericoin* if we already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

* See all the risks explained in my post just before that one
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:28:01 PM

closed.

Nooooooo.. i want to hear more about the man who lost his coat and the swallow...
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:30:08 PM

1. Why should we take the risk of using vericoin* if I already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

The best question ever in this thread. Many of us have been asking this question here, personally I am asking it since the lame VISA card idea was announced. Of course there is no rational argument that could justify such lame idea, a centralized credit card for a decentralized currency. Additionally, the devs are too arrogant to admit that their delusional worldwide mass adoption theme failed and completely infeasible.

Don't expect any price increase with the current direction.
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:30:18 PM

As for the rest, I guess we can all let our minds wander but personally, as someone with credit cards, a PayPal account and even a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard (with 1% cash back on everything) so that I can use my PayPal acct like a checking acct or like a credit account, I wouldn't mind having a VeriCoin Visa card as I'm growing increasingly worried about the persistant devaluation of our dollar here in the States and it's future as our world's reserve currency.  I see digital currencies like Bitcoin and VeriCoin as hedges against such systemic risk and with the way that food and gas prices continue to climb at such a steady, if not ever increasing rate of pace, I don't think it will be all that long before Aunt Emma and/or Joe Bloggs figure it out and start buying cryptos, too.

And you think aunt Emma and Joe Sixpack are going to stop using Paypal and CCs and switch to VRC because they have the same ideological motives as you do?

Are you f*cking serious??

And anyway the question aunt Emma  and Joe Sixpack were asking us is not

- Would we mind using Vericoin instead CCs or Paypal? (obviously they are asking themselves here not us)

but rather

1. Why should we take the risk of using vericoin* if we already have a credit card and a paypal account, which offers me security features like charge backs and advantages like credit (CCs) or zero fees for online payments (paypal)?

* See all the risks explained in my post just before that one

you can always use paypal if you dont trust the digital currency system. as for me, i avoid using paypal since their exchange rates are very low. (usd to another currency)
Pages: « 1 ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 [707] 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: