Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:53:01 AM

James is the real deal.  He touches it, it turns to gold.  Don't have to take my word, go read the forums he listed, they shout success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
libertynow

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:54:14 AM

will hold for 3 years , Im in .
Great deal take it now before this "sucker"(jokin) changes his mind.
I also like that u addressed that u wont have much time to add code since your going to have your hands full with Supernet I was thinking the same thing but forgot to ask.
Everything Crystal Its a lot of coins but if they get taken of the market for 3 years thats good for Everyone . a solid investor that will hold for 3 years no matter what , those are hard to find.

i read his terms and its clear. thats the deal take it or leave it and we have 24 hrs... so you guys want to play conspiracy theorists or are we gonna try and get this done , a decision in 24 hrs then we raise 500k in another 24hrs .

IM A VOTE FOR YES so we need some whales to step forward and everyone for that matter ,even you BARABBAS as you say we would be crazy not to jump all over this , so lets go lets group up and make this happen!!

I have a lot of respect for James.  I've been tracking him since NXT and as soon as I found out he was working on BTCD, I bought some BTCD, too.  From everything I can tell, he's a fantastic developer and a really hard working.

Now, I'm not a whale, but maybe a large guppy?  I am willing to make a decent contribution and I think we should move forward with this project.  Can we have people hop into the IRC channel so we can discuss?  What do the devs think?

James, just to be clear... I tried to catch up on the thread as best as I could, but you're looking for how many VRC?  Was it 2%?  5.2 million?  That does seem like a lot...

Thanks for your consideration, James.

Sorry, I guess it's too early for math for me.  2% would be about 520k...?

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
ereborltc

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:55:31 AM

I also like that u addressed that u wont have much time to add code since your going to have your hands full with Supernet I was thinking the same thing but forgot to ask.
Everything Crystal Its a lot of coins but if they get taken of the market for 3 years thats good for Everyone . a solid investor that will hold for 3 years no matter what , those are hard to find.

5-10% of coins off market with other large investors holding. That alone will cause the price to jump. Mere discussion of the deal has raised price/volume in the short amount of time its been announced.
agreed 100%

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:56:14 AM

i read his terms and its clear. thats the deal take it or leave it and we have 24 hrs... so you guys want to play conspiracy theorists or are we gonna try and get this done , a decision in 24 hrs then we raise 500k in another 24hrs .

IM A VOTE FOR YES so we need some whales to step forward and everyone for that matter ,even you BARABBAS as you say we would be crazy not to jump all over this , so lets go lets group up and make this happen!!

I have a lot of respect for James.  I've been tracking him since NXT and as soon as I found out he was working on BTCD, I bought some BTCD, too.  From everything I can tell, he's a fantastic developer and a really hard working.

Now, I'm not a whale, but maybe a large guppy?  I am willing to make a decent contribution and I think we should move forward with this project.  Can we have people hop into the IRC channel so we can discuss?  What do the devs think?

James, just to be clear... I tried to catch up on the thread as best as I could, but you're looking for how many VRC?  Was it 2%?  5.2 million?  That does seem like a lot...

no we need 10%

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:59:24 AM

no we need 10%
but its in escrow for a year until he delivers which also keeps them off exchanges and staking... its so long term for him to get paid anything, i see it as a win win for vericoin... I'm almost positive the price will go even higher and much quicker than expected.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:03:19 AM

vrc is pumping just by the talks of this deal being a possibility ... think about it... the superNET ipo starts any hr and that will raise thousands of btc... these vericoins being raised for james will be in escrow for a very long time... so he's not making a penny off vericoin unless he delivers and he's about to bring in a ton of btc (keep that in mind)  , were safe with the coins in escrow ,its a win win , so lets do this! I'm no whale either but i have a nice chunk to donate Smiley

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:03:28 AM

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/209
also bittrex and polo are all up
probably just coincidence the timing of the increase

I will have to make sure people know the VRC deal is not for immediate SuperNET core inclusion and it is months away.
I do not want to create a pump with unrealistic expectations, that is not sustainable
so plz do not expect BBR level effect, that was a different scenario
however I am reasonably confident of the 5x to 10x over the 1 year timeframe

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
libertynow

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:05:58 AM

I will have to make sure people know the VRC deal is not for immediate SuperNET core inclusion and it is months away.
I do not want to create a pump with unrealistic expectations, that is not sustainable

James

James,

Would you mind coming to our IRC channel right now so we can talk?

ereborltc

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:06:36 AM

James
as long as the vericoin is in escrow then its good either way...coins will be staking and off the market.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:12:29 AM

James

James,

i need to get some lunch, give me a bit of time
what is the IRC group?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:14:53 AM

I know where we can get at least 100k for this deal Smiley

I am ready to donate 100k VRC in the next 5 minutes to support any ideas that take this coin to the next level :-)) [...] So I am keep waiting for the opportunity to show my support. :-)))
libertynow

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:15:19 AM

James

James,

what is the IRC group?

#vericoin

JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:16:09 AM

OK, I have been away for awhile (this thread can get a bit annoying) and admit that I have not read every single post. But, from what I can gather (from the last 6 or 7 pages), these coins are going into SuperNet -- correct? They are not going into jl777's personal account -- correct?

Well, if that is the case, then the developers and whales really would be stupid (probably) to refuse this deal. The SuperNet ICO is going to have these VRC coins inside it. It will act like a closed-end fund and have an NAV (net asset value). It will more than likely trade off of its NAV for a while. (There are possible dividends and other revenue projects inside of SuperNet, but for this, let's just keep it to the basics). There is every reason to think that the NAV will increase at the start fairly rapidly, depending on certain factors, of course.

But, what I really think would help and why I am commenting at all is what is the deal, exactly? We can all research SuperNet for ourselves, so an emphasis on those details might get things bogged down a bit. What I mean is:

What is he exactly asking for?

Is he paying any amount of money from the ICO in exchange for those coins?

Is he promising to "pay back" the coins? In other words it's more like a loan?

I see that he is promising to hold the coins for three years. That seems like a good thing right there from a float point of view.

So, maybe if someone (who is not prejudiced against the deal) could give the facts in a straightforward fashion, it could really get the ball moving.

Thanks.
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:16:25 AM

James

James,

what is the IRC group?

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23vericoin&uio=d4

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
libertynow

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:17:51 AM

I am ready to donate 100k VRC in the next 5 minutes to support any ideas that take this coin to the next level :-)) [...] So I am keep waiting for the opportunity to show my support. :-)))

To everyone asking for "whales" to step forward.  Please remember, it's easy to ask for someone else's money.  Let's not take them for granted.  Most got that money by working hard or taking a large risk.  It didn't just fall out of the sky, so please be respectful and consider what you're going to contribute also and not just harping on "the whales".

Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:21:51 AM

To everyone asking for "whales" to step forward.  Please remember, it's easy to ask for someone else's money.  Let's not take them for granted.  Most got that money by working hard or taking a large risk.  It didn't just fall out of the sky, so please be respectful and consider what you're going to contribute also and not just harping on "the whales".

Oh don't get me wrong - I'm completely down to support 5-10% to make this happen. I just want to hold certain people accountable for things they may have said in the past Wink
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:36:01 AM

I am really surprised our devs sleep right now instead of working on this deal ... but whatever ... that's how vericoin has been progressing lately.

The delusional vocal community members like Jay Jay must understand, vericoin has nothing, no innovation, it is a stagnating and slowly dying coin, there is no future without association with third party technologies like superNET. Very much what I have been arguing here for weeks in our debate abut block-chain 2 technologies (though superNET is not a strictly speaking blockchain 2 tech, but it is besides the point).

I like James' work, I follow him at the superNET thread since day one and while I am not fully agree with him software engineering approach and how he implements superNET, one thing is sure, one way or other he will get done superNET ... he is the guy who can deliver, he is what vericoin doesn't have and therefore that's what we need here.

We need to see the commitment from the devs and I suggest working with James and superNET.

If the community willing to come up with the 10% 2.6 million VRC I am willing to contribute more than my share and I will put 100k into the deal.

Now I go to play golf  ... lets hope the community and the devs will do the sensible thing and will make the deal with James.

setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:45:56 AM

join irc: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23vericoin&uio=d4

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:24:35 PM

I really like Vericoin, but I have to say, all Vericoin people should go read pages of BTCD forum to understand the difference between wanting to get there and getting there.  The Devs for Vericoin will get the coin going down the road and it has been truly something to see what Vericoin has overcome to this point.  I have great respect for what they have done and what I think they will do.  My point to this is that it would not hurt to learn from what James is doing with BTCD.  He makes promises and delivers and has a track record that draws people and investment to him.  I don't advocate one way or the other with dealing with him, but do not lose the opportunity to learn from his success.  If being associated with his project at a cost/risk to coin holders here promotes the coin and helps it get going, I say let the people that hold the Vericoin decide among themselves and take the risk or not.  After all, it has been stated that success for Vericoin is not only good for Vericoin, but good for all Altcoins.  It may or may not end up as a major player down the road, but either way it will likely contribute to the growth and maturity of the coin world, and that is good for everyone.  Anyway, good luck whichever way it goes! 
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

Hi guys. I've been pretty tied up and actually at a funeral right now but Doug mentioned that jl777 (dev4 hopefully) stopped by.

I'm behind him 100%. Let's get this done and with James' help, take VRC to the next level. When I get home today, 75k coins are moving from me to the supernet fund.

I've taken a close look at James' work and it seems to be the real deal. Let's rally and push to get this done and show James that our community isn't just a bunch of people who argue here and call names.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: