Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:57:00 AM

If the point of SigmaX is to provide a more decentralized form of CC2.0 doesn't making a premine any greater than 1-2% contradict this goal? I would be more in favor of a block subsidy to be paid over the life of the coin, this could have the added bonus of encouraging ppl to buy CC to get SigmaX from snapshots. This would also avoid the centralized nature of a larger upfront premine. Also for SigmaX to be an effective test bed for CC2.0 it does need to be an active blockchain I fear any large premine would scare away potential users thus deducting further from the intention that SigmaX be an effective test bed.
Also I would like to know if the devs intend to ensure that the CC1.0 premine for folders isn't eligible for any initial conversion towards SigmaX.

That was certainly our initial reason for the 1% premine idea. If we go for a 50% premine or similar, it would interfere with a more "pure" distribution model, but the network's security is still decentralized, since all blocks are PoW. If we do a large premine/distribution to Curecoin holders, then it would have to be time-released to avoid flooding the initial supply. Whether that means coins are paid out to addresses but "frozen" until a certain block, or a block subsidy is aggregated and paid out weekly, there's a few options. As you point out, this would add additional demand for Curecoin, since people would be receiving SigmaX for holding it, which is certainly supportive of the Curecoin ecosystem.

The hope with the large payout to Curecoin holders is that it can be done transparently (so people won't feel they "missed the boat," since the idea will be announced in advance, and they can buy Curecoin if they want to get SigmaX that way), and that the continual security of the network doesn't depend on the distribution, since it is pure PoW. For sure, it isn't perfect by any means.

The only coins eligible for the "conversion" (trying to find a better word, since people keep their Curecoin) are ones that have been paid out to folders, ones paid out to traditional miners through the normal block reward, and dev funds that have already been paid out. None of the premine that hasn't been paid out to folders will be eligible for conversion. So basically any coins that end users have earned will be eligible, none of the cold storage premine (remaining dev funds + pending folding rewards) will be eligible. Dev funds that have already been paid out (according to the initial mintage schedule) are a grey area. Perhaps those could be converted and reserved for bounties and the like.

Missed the boat? they should have been here with us mining, folding and buying for 2 years. SigmaX is from curecoin so there is no missing the boat about it really. Shame it can't be closed source. I mean if you spend 2 years coding and working for someone just to press copy and paste that's too bad. A lot of communities are closed source now until they get a few versions ahead. Fuseleer is a Java guru isn't he? can he not close it up for us for now ? or make it hard to reverse engineer it. I never understood why more people didn't get on board with this project anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:15:12 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 08:33:18 PM by mavromixalakis

I haven't followed for a long time cure coin and to be honest I don't know where you guys stand. I just wanted to mention that because I really like the idea of Cure coin and I believe it is actually one of the few coins worth wasting electricity to mine if you guys for some reason decide to move from POW to POS I would consider moving to DPOS instead (Delegate Proof of Stake) and move your chain to Bitshares.

I think curecoin can benefit in many ways from integrating bitshares technology. Much less cost, more benefits, faster transactions. Maybe consider issuing a derivative asset in the bitshares blockchain such as bitCurecoin..Or if you want to raise funds for your project, IPO,ICO etc using bitshares is an easy and effective way.Just present your idea and plan in bitsharestalk forum, issue an User asset coin and ask for funding.You may be surprised by the positive responses..

Just some thoughts...
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 12:06:03 AM

Very disappointed to hear that the dev. is making a new coin with the technology of Curecoin 2.0, sounds very fishy to me!!!  

It won't help at all Curecoin... And if It's successful it will probably divert people away from CC 2.0 project!

They already don't have enough time to work on Curecoin but they are going to make a new coin.

I guess the dev must be looking to insta mine this new coin...

I vote against this "NEW" coin and since I own 10% of curecoin I hope my voice will be heard

you made a good point...
will be fair if there will be bigger amount given to Curecoiners (instead of <%1... >1000% of yearly mining), like ethereum did with the pre-sale, distributed amount of coins which would take years to mine.
curecoin is not expensive (not far from ATL right now), so a bigger share for folders is fair.

another thing that worries me: if the new coin is GPU mineable, it might take away power from folding@home
would be better to switch directly to CC2.0 on a testnet, and then CC2.0 mainnet. and don't do the POW SigmaX at all

At this point, it looks like SigmaX, if released, will have a significant portion (around 50%?) distributed to folders. Probably on some form of time-release schedule.

The GPU mining could take power away from actual research. Perhaps we could use traditional SHA-256 instead, so that only ASICs, which aren't capable of doing any useful scientific calculations, are used for the network's security.

I think if you allow asic u restrict the distribution and would certainly need to consider splitting the pow into channels so that its viable to use cpu/gpu and asic. And I certainly would steer away from 50% premine in favor of block subsidy paid weekly perhaps to a time locked address. Now this would in effect widen the distribution across folders & miners, while I can certainly see that some might shift away from folding to get some SigmaX you have less incentive to do so when you can earn CC and SigmaX by folding. Even if the block subsidy is 50% its not a premine more of a "founders fee" if you will.

Edit: It may also pay to incentivize folders further, perhaps it could be done by splitting the block subsidy to pay some portion to folders, for example 40% to Curecoin holders 10% to folders. It could be distributed to the folders via the CC folding pool. Similarly it might be possible to use CC2.0 as a means of getting miners interested in folding or at least CC in general by having a small block subsidy of CC2.0 (1-2%?) paid out to SigmaX holders. This way both coins would be tied together and holders in one coin can gather into both economies but with the balance in the favor of CC long term supporters but in such a way that no one is left out because of the opportunity over time to become a supporter simply by owning some of either currency. If subsidy was paid daily/weekly it would certainly help stimulate activity on the blockchain which would be perfect for testing out how the new software performs.

At this point the predominant idea seems to be some form of subsidy or time-locked coins paid out to holders of Curecoin, rather than a lump sum at the beginning. As such, for the entire distribution period, folding to get Curecoin would also earn SigmaX, because the folding payouts would be eligible for payouts of SigmaX.

Making SigmaX pure SHA-256D shouldn't (at least, in the first year or whatever the distribution period is) significantly restrict distribution, because people can still fold with GPUs to earn Curecoin, which in turn pays out SigmaX weekly.

Paying out some cc2.0 coins to SigmaX folders is an interesting idea. It'd probably be for a fairly short period of time, since we don't want to have control over the distribution of either currency after the dispersion period.

I agree absolutely with Vorksholk that the second coin in the form of SigmaX, without certificates is absolutely essential to slow down the certain proliferation after posting the code to Github.  Is it possible technically to let people copy the new coin, but first code in permanently that in order to use their copy, they have to have a SigmaX or CC 2 wallet, and burn a small amount of SigmaX or CC 2 every time they utilize a certain amount of their new coin?  This would let many people make their own copies, but would pay a small rent to SigmaX or CC 2 by reducing the outstanding balances of SigmaX or CC2.  I could see a small government making, say, ParaguayCoin from CC2, then issue its own certificates, similar to how the FAH could utilize it, but has not decided to yet. This would give the government control over its own new coin minting, but have the advantage of all the great tech from CC 2 without the initial work.  Of course the burning of SigmaX or CC2 from use of the newly created coins would help support or propel its value.

There are a lot of ideas flying, and I think that the discussion is healthy, overall.  My basic hope is to attempt to have CC 2 and SigmaX mimic the best societies economically, as far as possible.  This proposal is that both CC 2 and SigmaX be set up the same way, as outlined below.  In my view, a perfect coin might have characteristics that look something like this, and has zero pre-mine:

A. Proof of Human Work and Ongoing Expenses for the Development Team: Reward the developer team, which is composed of software developers, marketers, web design, occasional professional services, and people to promote and coordinate integration into the thousands of software applications already out there.  Everything that might be on the income and expense statement of a typical software firm has to be covered by this, given enough value for the new coins.     Bitcoin would have avoided many of its current problems with this in place from the beginning.  This team contributes technical and human expertise, but does not necessarily bring investment or capital.  Mining proposed: 20% for first 2 years, 33.33% after two years.

B. Proof of Work: Reward a wide variety of mining types if possible, technically.  ASICs, GPUs, and CPUs and possibly hard drive space and network bandwidth all in equal measure.  The idea here is to keep everyone off balance, so that a low cost manufacturer of one technology or cheap electricity does not have a great advantage over people with other technologies.  The POW people bring capital and some technical skills.  Mining proposed: 20% for first 2 years, 33.33% after two years.

C. Proof of Stake: Reward the purchase of coins in a modest way to help secure the network, so that one has to buy a lot of coins if one is going to try to make major changes to the network. The POS people bring primarily capital to the equation.  Mining proposed: 20% for first 2 years, 33.33% after two years.

D. Proof of Support: Reward the people who own CC 1 as of the snapshot date.  People have been buying, folding, or ASIC securing the network and the devs for 2 years now.  Those who have coins supported the development team in numerous ways.  They should be rewarded for their risk, encouragement, and for not selling their CC 1.   The Proof of Support people brought capital, support, faith, ideas, feedback, risk tolerance, and obtained their CC 1 coins in a variety of ways.  Mining proposed: 40% for first 2 years, nothing after two years.

Please notice that in this proposal, the CC 1 holders and the POW miners get less than orginally proposed, but the dev team gets a lot more, and POS is now in the equation.  I am convinced that the dev team should be well-compensated, but am more flexible about the ratios between POW versus POS.  Keep in mind that POS uses petty amounts of electricity, while POW uses large amounts.

Unfortunately, coding something into the source code that requires a burn of SigmaX or Curecoin for the operation of their network is impossible--a programmer can just alter the source code.

A 20%+ development fund will certainly turn users away--we'll probably do no development fund on SigmaX, and a few percent subsidy on cc2.0. Using hard drive space as a mining mechanism in SigmaX is certainly interesting--perhaps we could follow in the footsteps of BURST in the PoW design. We are leaning away from CPU/GPU mining on SigmaX since we believe those are better utilized for folding on cc2.0, although ASIC-dominated networks do seem more centralized since the barrier to entry is higher. Using hard drives and ASICs seems to alleviate that issue somewhat.

SigmaX probably won't have PoS (or will have a neutered version of PoS, to alleviate general concerns about security holes in PoS systems). Curecoin 2.0 will have the neutered PoS system, which doesn't involve stake weight, and fits into a "jigsaw" blockchain to make network forks using PoS impossible. As for the mintage, we'll probably go fairly low (1-3% yearly interest), since larger interest rates punish users who actively spend and accept the token (by making it deflationary), and the interest rate is cumulative, which results in PoS overshadowing other mintage mechanisms if not carefully planned in the long run.

For your proof of support, that's almost exactly the current plan for SigmaX, except that the snapshot will be weekly, so every week for a year or so, we'll pay out some amount of SigmaX (if we did a year distribution, it would be 1/52 of the total payout weekly) to holders of Curecoin based on their current balance. This serves a few purposes: users can fold with CPUs/GPUs for the first year and still receive SigmaX for their work (earn Curecoin directly, which then earns SigmaX weekly), and encourages users to invest in Curecoin if they want SigmaX. We might do a hybrid solution, which does a decently large payout based on a snapshot block of cc1.0 before SigmaX launches, and then smaller weekly payouts thereafter. The total amount paid out over that distribution period will be about 40-50% of the SigmaX network's eventual float. Any input on this?

For the Curecoin PoS, we might do a decaying PoS rate, so that during the first year, the interest rate is x%, then the year after is 2/3x%, etc. to kickstart PoS, but ensure that it doesn't overshadow other mintage methods in the long-run, since it is cumulative.

If the point of SigmaX is to provide a more decentralized form of CC2.0 doesn't making a premine any greater than 1-2% contradict this goal? I would be more in favor of a block subsidy to be paid over the life of the coin, this could have the added bonus of encouraging ppl to buy CC to get SigmaX from snapshots. This would also avoid the centralized nature of a larger upfront premine. Also for SigmaX to be an effective test bed for CC2.0 it does need to be an active blockchain I fear any large premine would scare away potential users thus deducting further from the intention that SigmaX be an effective test bed.
Also I would like to know if the devs intend to ensure that the CC1.0 premine for folders isn't eligible for any initial conversion towards SigmaX.

That was certainly our initial reason for the 1% premine idea. If we go for a 50% premine or similar, it would interfere with a more "pure" distribution model, but the network's security is still decentralized, since all blocks are PoW. If we do a large premine/distribution to Curecoin holders, then it would have to be time-released to avoid flooding the initial supply. Whether that means coins are paid out to addresses but "frozen" until a certain block, or a block subsidy is aggregated and paid out weekly, there's a few options. As you point out, this would add additional demand for Curecoin, since people would be receiving SigmaX for holding it, which is certainly supportive of the Curecoin ecosystem.

The hope with the large payout to Curecoin holders is that it can be done transparently (so people won't feel they "missed the boat," since the idea will be announced in advance, and they can buy Curecoin if they want to get SigmaX that way), and that the continual security of the network doesn't depend on the distribution, since it is pure PoW. For sure, it isn't perfect by any means.

The only coins eligible for the "conversion" (trying to find a better word, since people keep their Curecoin) are ones that have been paid out to folders, ones paid out to traditional miners through the normal block reward, and dev funds that have already been paid out. None of the premine that hasn't been paid out to folders will be eligible for conversion. So basically any coins that end users have earned will be eligible, none of the cold storage premine (remaining dev funds + pending folding rewards) will be eligible. Dev funds that have already been paid out (according to the initial mintage schedule) are a grey area. Perhaps those could be converted and reserved for bounties and the like.

Missed the boat? they should have been here with us mining, folding and buying for 2 years. SigmaX is from curecoin so there is no missing the boat about it really. Shame it can't be closed source. I mean if you spend 2 years coding and working for someone just to press copy and paste that's too bad. A lot of communities are closed source now until they get a few versions ahead. Fuseleer is a Java guru isn't he? can he not close it up for us for now ? or make it hard to reverse engineer it. I never understood why more people didn't get on board with this project anyway.

It is unfortunate that years of code can be copied and pasted, but in general the community follows the original developers unless they have a good reason not to (like a fork that offers decentralized PoW). The Ethereum forks aren't getting much attention despite the recent explosion in Ethereum, since Ethereum has the first mover advantage, and also has the development expertise behind it. Personally I believe that if we create both Curecoin 2.0 and SigmaX, we've got most of the community's desires covered, so there isn't a large spot for a fork to capitalize on, since both those who believe in the research-based PoW and those who only believe in decentralized PoW both have an option.

Totally agree about the "missed boat"--and those who weren't aware of Curecoin before can fold some now and throughout the distribution period to get SigmaX as well, which would benefit the Curecoin ecosystem Smiley

We could remove the existing code from Github and only release it upon actual launch, and there's also ways to obfuscate code to make reverse-engineering harder, but neither are really in the spirit of the open-source cryptocurrency community, and obfuscating just makes the job harder. There's also advantages to having easily-reversable code--people with knowledge of Java can easily verify that executables we provide are safe. The problem about a future decentralized-PoW fork is mainly a symptom of a larger issue--that there's a large open spot in the market for that currency that Curecoin just doesn't cover. By providing both Curecoin 2.0 and SigmaX, I think we reasonably close in on both sides of the market, so forks would have to do something more innovative and beneficial to the community to succeed, which gets back to the fundamentals of open source.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 12:27:10 AM

I haven't followed for a long time cure coin and to be honest I don't know where you guys stand. I just wanted to mention that because I really like the idea of Cure coin and I believe it is actually one of the few coins worth wasting electricity to mine if you guys for some reason decide to move from POW to POS I would consider moving to DPOS instead (Delegate Proof of Stake) and move your chain to Bitshares.

I think curecoin can benefit in many ways from integrating bitshares technology. Much less cost, more benefits, faster transactions. Maybe consider issuing a derivative asset in the bitshares blockchain such as bitCurecoin..Or if you want to raise funds for your project, IPO,ICO etc using bitshares is an easy and effective way.Just present your idea and plan in bitsharestalk forum, issue an User asset coin and ask for funding.You may be surprised by the positive responses..

Just some thoughts...

Thanks for the kind words! We're not opposed to using some ideas from DPOS (like a consensus mechanism to decide on block timing and block size), but our goals for cc2.0/SigmaX (quantum-resistant signatures, mini-blockchain, etc.) can't be done as a Bitshares asset, since we wouldn't control the lower-level portion of the network.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:28:42 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 05:42:54 AM by SalimNagamato

i'm against having CC1, SigmaX and CC1 holder only getting small portion and waiting for it forever in a slow distribution (we already waited for 2 years)
besides SigmaX and CC1 might devalue each other because they will need to share same marketcap
and then CC2 will devalue CC1 and SigmaX
we don't need 3 coins. we need one coin.
i would prefer waiting and have CC2 only, swap 1:1 of CC1:CC2 and leave CC1 chain (after exchanges delist CC1 and list CC2) ?

and about open source. of course it must be open source even if someone fork it...
try to fork BTC, ETH, DASH.. you will probably not have their success with a fork
if someone want to fork it even gives your software more power. when its so good that other developers are using it

about 'boat missing' in every coin/asset/share/stock/whatever if not buying/mining when the price is low... it mean missing the train
and CURE is cheap for a long time
for any new curecoin coin related i would want 1:1 swap/snapshot... and upon release, without delay.. again we wait forever already and don't want to wait another forever Smiley

Just some thoughts...

FLDC is doing something similar, but on Counterparty platform
(without any ICO for now...)

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 05:35:58 AM

We are leaning away from CPU/GPU mining on SigmaX since we believe those are better utilized for folding on cc2.0, although ASIC-dominated networks do seem more centralized since the barrier to entry is higher. Using hard drives and ASICs seems to alleviate that issue somewhat.

Even high end cpu's produce very little ppd compared to modern graphics cards so I'd have to disagree that they are "better utilized" for folding. However the suggestion to use BURST pow is interesting HDDs are cheap and readily accessible to all, why not keep it simple and leave the asics out of it?

xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 4039

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 02:04:11 PM

i would prefer waiting and have CC2 only, swap 1:1 of CC1:CC2 and leave CC1 chain (after exchanges delist CC1 and list CC2)
I completely agree. I'm reading last two pages of this thread and still does not understanding why do we need a new cryptocurrency? I know everyone want get some bonus when he is just holding curecoin but I strongly doubt that it is worth doing some SigmaX.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
YJ

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:02:16 PM

I completely agree. I'm reading last two pages of this thread and still does not understanding why do we need a new cryptocurrency? I know everyone want get some bonus when he is just holding curecoin but I strongly doubt that it is worth doing some SigmaX.

Well, if I understood well, CC2 while bringing a lot of improvements, will also bring the need of Certification Authorities to sign certificates in order to remove the need for PoW by mining. This centralization (and the trust in Certification Authorities) might be a hinder for people to invest in it and there is a risk the value of CC2 won't take-off.

However due to the open source, somebody could "steal" all the "good" improvements in CC2 and easily create a coin that would take advantage of all the CC dev team work without rewarding folders. By creating SigmaX, that one alternate decentralized coin would already exist and if CC2 won't take-off maybe SigmaX will and us folders would not have lost everything. It's like betting on two different horses, both of them being ours.

While PoW by mining is indeed a waste of electricity, it provides the decentralization that is good for trust (and investors need trust... cf. Bitcoin) so in my opinion CC2 should have been CC1 + (all the stuff that makes it quantum computing resistant) - the premine. So there is a chance SigmaX might do better than CC2.

I would therefore suggest no big premine for SigmaX (it was a main criticism against CC) just a 1:1 CC:SigmaX distribution (like for CC2) and then run in parallel the two coins (distribution based on folding ppd) and see which one takes-off.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:10:25 AM

I think what they are saying is anyone can clone sigmaX and just slap pow on it?
So they are making it have POW to stop cloners producing something we can't provide.

I would favour no sigmaX and totally close sourcing cc2 so curecoin supporters are the only beneficiaries. This is what a lot of coins do. Keep closed source for a good headstart and release maybe later.

However if they won't close source it then we have to have sigmaX with 50% shared to cure coin and 50% for mining.

For me though. You will still get clones that give 100% pow from the start and people not supporting cure coin 1 will just go with that anyway.

So my vote close source it all and lock it down for as long as possible. Then release perhaps when we have more updates and improvements so again we are a step ahead.

merc84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:31:27 AM

I think what they are saying is anyone can clone sigmaX and just slap pow on it?
So they are making it have POW to stop cloners producing something we can't provide.

I would favour no sigmaX and totally close sourcing cc2 so curecoin supporters are the only beneficiaries. This is what a lot of coins do. Keep closed source for a good headstart and release maybe later.

However if they won't close source it then we have to have sigmaX with 50% shared to cure coin and 50% for mining.

For me though. You will still get clones that give 100% pow from the start and people not supporting cure coin 1 will just go with that anyway.

So my vote close source it all and lock it down for as long as possible. Then release perhaps when we have more updates and improvements so again we are a step ahead.

Due to the ease in reverse engineering Java closed source isn't really a viable option, also there is a certain level of trust required in closed source crypto and any crypto that is closed source is not truly decentralized. I feel that the best possible balance is being struck by being open source and releasing SigmaX to CC holders by way of a block subsidy instead of premine. Also sticking with the values of CC I think that SigmaX pow should be done in an energy efficient way (for example Burst style pow), lets not on one hand being saying pow is wasteful and on the other hand be promoting the use of power hungry asics for pow.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:50:44 AM

Due to the ease in reverse engineering Java closed source isn't really a viable option, also there is a certain level of trust required in closed source crypto and any crypto that is closed source is not truly decentralized. I feel that the best possible balance is being struck by being open source and releasing SigmaX to CC holders by way of a block subsidy instead of premine. Also sticking with the values of CC I think that SigmaX pow should be done in an energy efficient way (for example Burst style pow), lets not on one hand being saying pow is wasteful and on the other hand be promoting the use of power hungry asics for pow.

Sorry to hear they can't close source it. Dark did and they did it for long enough to get enough head start before opening it. It's too bad java can't be locked down for a while. Maybe a ton of bogus code code be injected? 1000000s of lines of junk? I'm not sure but anything to give 3-6 months of use of the code they created before every copy and paster grabs it.

merc84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:11:34 AM

Maybe a ton of bogus code code be injected? 1000000s of lines of junk? I'm not sure but anything to give 3-6 months of use of the code they created before every copy and paster grabs it.

It would be possible to obfuscate the code as the dev has mentioned but that only provides limited protection any one with the skill and inclination would make trivial work of bypassing such measures.

bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:06:39 AM

Glad to see this project is still alive and Curecoin 2.0 is on its way.  Smiley

I see the reasoning behind the SigmaX, and just wanted to say (even though I don't own 10% of the Cure coins or anything) I think you should go ahead with it, and just give some % of it (maybe 10%-ish) to the people folding. It should be some % that is small enough that it doesn't turn people away/make someone fork it anyway, but still add incentive to/reward folders. And rather than do some large premine (which might also cause disinterest/forking), just give the folders their share as the new SigmaX is created/mined.

It should definitely not take away from GPU power to mine the SigmaX (obviously), but if it takes CPU power I don't see that as a big deal. (Isn't all the folding done on GPUs? Or can some of the WUs only be done by CPUs for some reason?) And it would probably be good to avoid ASIC mining if you can since they are so wasteful and not to mention inaccessible to average joe, but I don't know what options would be left if you take away GPUs and possibly CPUs.

Just my 2 million satoshis. Take it for what you will.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
merc84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:27:16 AM

I see the reasoning behind the SigmaX, and just wanted to say (even though I don't own 10% of the Cure coins or anything) I think you should go ahead with it, and just give some % of it (maybe 10%-ish) to the people folding. It should be some % that is small enough that it doesn't turn people away/make someone fork it anyway, but still add incentive to/reward folders.

With what is proposed thus far folders would receive SigmaX simply by keeping their curecoins from folding in a local wallet, by means of a block subsidy from SigmaX to be paid to curecoin holders weekly.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:24:53 PM

wonder what time scale we're talking about now?

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 11:15:04 PM

i'm against having CC1, SigmaX and CC1 holder only getting small portion and waiting for it forever in a slow distribution (we already waited for 2 years)
besides SigmaX and CC1 might devalue each other because they will need to share same marketcap
and then CC2 will devalue CC1 and SigmaX
i would prefer waiting and have CC2 only, swap 1:1 of CC1:CC2 and leave CC1 chain (after exchanges delist CC1 and list CC2) ?

and about open source. of course it must be open source even if someone fork it...
try to fork BTC, ETH, DASH.. you will probably not have their success with a fork
if someone want to fork it even gives your software more power. when its so good that other developers are using it

about 'boat missing' in every coin/asset/share/stock/whatever if not buying/mining when the price is low... it mean missing the train
and CURE is cheap for a long time
for any new curecoin coin related i would want 1:1 swap/snapshot... and upon release, without delay.. again we wait forever already and don't want to wait another forever Smiley

Just some thoughts...

FLDC is doing something similar, but on Counterparty platform
(without any ICO for now...)

To clarify a few items: CC1 and CC2 coins are equivalent, neither network will be in any form of competition with the other, CC2 is just an extremely-involved hard-fork, and CC1 converts (and is burned in the process) to CC2.

So there are really two coins we are talking about: Curecoin and SigmaX. There shouldn't be a significant overlap between the two considering markets, since SigmaX is designed to close the hole in the market that CC2 leaves behind (decentralized PoW-based solution).

For CC2, all CC1 coins will be (at the holder's leisure) available for immediate, 1:1 conversion to CC2. The SigmaX idea is that, regardless of whether they are still holding coins on CC1 or have moved to CC2, they would receive SigmaX for holding their Curecoin on a weekly (?) basis for the payout period.

I agree--Ideally we'd just launch CC2, and have that be that. But since it isn't difficult work for someone to fork CC2 to create a PoW-based blockchain, and since there is market incentive to do so, it seems to be in Curecoin's best interest to be the provider of that inevitable PoW blockchain.

i would prefer waiting and have CC2 only, swap 1:1 of CC1:CC2 and leave CC1 chain (after exchanges delist CC1 and list CC2)

It basically comes down to this: There's a fairly large portion of the cryptocurrency community who don't believe in the security assurances of a certificate blockchain, so they'll want a PoW-based chain. CC2 brings enough improvements and new technology that there's incentives for people to fork CC2, remove certificates, and add traditional PoW. Since someone will eventually do it, we figure that the Curecoin ecosystem mind as well benefit from it by creating the PoW-chain, giving a large portion of it to Curecoin holders, and using it to incentivize Curecoin folding for the distribution period.

Ideally we would just have Curecoin 2.0, but there's no way to "lock down" the code (especially in the spirit of open-source, trustworthy software), and the market incentives for a quantum-resistant, mini-blockchain PoW crypto would cause someone to make their own, at which point the Curecoin ecosystem doesn't benefit at all.

I see the reasoning behind the SigmaX, and just wanted to say (even though I don't own 10% of the Cure coins or anything) I think you should go ahead with it, and just give some % of it (maybe 10%-ish) to the people folding. It should be some % that is small enough that it doesn't turn people away/make someone fork it anyway, but still add incentive to/reward folders. And rather than do some large premine (which might also cause disinterest/forking), just give the folders their share as the new SigmaX is created/mined.

It should definitely not take away from GPU power to mine the SigmaX (obviously), but if it takes CPU power I don't see that as a big deal. (Isn't all the folding done on GPUs? Or can some of the WUs only be done by CPUs for some reason?) And it would probably be good to avoid ASIC mining if you can since they are so wasteful and not to mention inaccessible to average joe, but I don't know what options would be left if you take away GPUs and possibly CPUs.

Just my 2 million satoshis. Take it for what you will.

Thanks! This is basically where we are at--large giveaway of SigmaX to Curecoin holders from some time-release mechanism (either time-locked transactions or a block subsidy system). Balancing the premine percentage is certainly important--too much and we turn the PoW crowd away to their own solution, too small and there's no reason to even develop SigmaX because it doesn't benefit the Curecoin ecosystem. We're entertaining the idea of a 1:1 payout for all circulating Curecoins, currently.

CPU power is a tough cookie to crack in such a way that GPUs aren't useful too. A lot of GPU-resistant hashing algorithms are memory-hard, but as GPUs evolve with faster RAM, this gap closes. As well, the best GPU-resistant algorithms I've seen essentially put GPUs and CPUs on equal computational footing, which results in people still using GPUs to mine (primary example: cryptonight). ASICs aren't great either... centralization, high-electrical usage, high cost-of-entry.

The only option we are left with without GPUs, CPUs, and ASICs would be hard-drive based mining (such as BURST), which is certainly a viable option.

wonder what time scale we're talking about now?

Initial release of SigmaX testnet (using CPU-bound SHA-256 initially) in the next 24 hours. Based on how that performs, we'll set a timeline for tidying up the shared code between the two currencies, and subsequent launch of cc2.0.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 11:16:44 PM

So, status update:

In the next ~24 hours, we're gonna release a testnet of SigmaX, which will be using a CPU-mined SHA256. I really like the idea of hard-drive mining, so I'm aiming to switch out the SHA256 to hard-drive mining for SigmaX's next testnet release. We'll do a bit of testing on this thread first, and when it seems ready we'll make a separate thread dedicated to SigmaX.

BTCTT

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:16:36 AM

This price move will bring a lot of new folder that is very good news Wink

lets hope we get a few whales interested in this coin and then 1/2 usd per coin is possible

Happy I stick to my guns... I was really close on giving up on this project, happy the dev prove me wrong...

Curecoin for the Win!!!
merc84

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:37:52 AM

such a shame someone had to go dump that price down...
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:41:51 AM

Following with interest. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: