Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:18:24 PM

Anywhere I can see the hashrate the "folding pools" are pulling?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:30:06 PM

I put on folding some of my rigs (~20 Mh in scrypt) and receive 24 CUR after 1.5 days of folding (speed ~2.5 mil PPD).
I'll wait for tomorrow payment, but for now folding is NOT PROFITABLE Sad

Yes...wait till tomorrow. You will def get way more than 24 CURE. 24 CURE is what I got for 1 day of folding at 120k PPD (~1Mh or 2 x R9 270s). I would expect you to get at least 10 times that tomorrow.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
seljak

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:51:34 PM

So my cards are doing around 45k each. R9 270 and gtx 770. Is that ok? The gtx770s gpu usage jumps from 50-99%. Cpu is 2500k. The radeon is fixed at 99% usage.
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

how many exchanges are there for this at the moment? Also anyone else been mining for 3 days with no coins?

I had no actual coins and nothing showing on the pool after 3 days too - last hour or so i do get some data though saying estimated payout on the pool, no coins yet, seems to be varying delays for different people.  would be good to understand how the pool picks up the WU from F@H i hope this isn't a manual process lol Smiley

What is your username on F@H? And what is your estimated PPD and payout?

username is mafia

estimated PPD is 39431 - dropping as I have stopped to use the PC - cant find estimate payout
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:02:55 PM

how many exchanges are there for this at the moment? Also anyone else been mining for 3 days with no coins?

I had no actual coins and nothing showing on the pool after 3 days too - last hour or so i do get some data though saying estimated payout on the pool, no coins yet, seems to be varying delays for different people.  would be good to understand how the pool picks up the WU from F@H i hope this isn't a manual process lol Smiley

i'll keep waiting! thanks
bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:12:46 PM

So my cards are doing around 45k each. R9 270 and gtx 770. Is that ok? The gtx770s gpu usage jumps from 50-99%. Cpu is 2500k. The radeon is fixed at 99% usage.

One of my 270s is getting 92k PPD, clocked at 1270 core and 1250 mem. The other one is getting 83k PPD clocked at 1150 core, 1250 mem. I am using catalyst 14.4. I was only getting ~70k and 60k respectively with the 13.12 drivers. Also I am using the passkey.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
meelvanchris

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:15:54 PM

What is your username on F@H? And what is your estimated PPD and payout?

username is mafia

estimated PPD is 39431 - dropping as I have stopped to use the PC - cant find estimate payout
Not sure on what ur question was exactly. But username mafia has 18k points for today : http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=224497&p=4
(#370) -> and looking at those stats, the user mafia has only been folding a day...? sure uve been folding 3 days on same username?  again not sure if that was your question... but maybe stats can get u closer to ur answer

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
meelvanchris

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:19:03 PM

One of my 270s is getting 92k PPD, clocked at 1270 core and 1250 mem. The other one is getting 83k PPD clocked at 1150 core, 1250 mem. I am using catalyst 14.4. I was only getting ~70k and 60k respectively with the 13.12 drivers. Also I am using the passkey.
Probably start by pausing the cpu.. cpu is needed to feed ur gpu's. then wait a bit... and keep eye on ur cpu usage in taskmanager (or something similar)
After uve got that part down check to upgrade to 14.4 cat

▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:26:24 PM

Can someone please explain how the point calculation work in the folding App??

when the bar hits 100% it downloads a new package, yet my points balance remains at 0.

i figured we get a fixed points per fold and then some coins in respect with the total of other folders points in that day....

am i wrong? how many folds grant a point?

After submitting a folding WU, it can take up to 24 hours for the pool to account for your shares. Smiley

Does anyone know how the POS works with curecoin, I can't seem to find details anywhere

30 days before PoS mintage is possible. 90 days until it is in full force.

Can someone explain the pools?
Are they using SHA256 (so asics only) ?

ASICs are the only hardware that can efficiently mine, however GPUs and CPUs can earn the lion's share of coins by protein folding. 80% of the daily payouts go to CPU/GPU folders, while the other 20% or so are awarded by mining blocks in the blockchain.

Just a quick question, is folding safe on a laptop? (Temperature wise) Since I've heard the DEV saying it is cooler and uses less energy.

Be careful! The hardware in most standard laptops isn't powerful enough to compete with desktop hardware, and the heat generated by laptops generally isn't dispersed as well. If you have a gaming laptop, you might have better luck, but keep an eye on those temperatures. CoreTemp'll come in handy. Smiley

Can someone explain the pools?
Are they using SHA256 (so asics only) ?
folding proteins with GPU gives you coins as well

"folding proteins with GPU gives you coins as well"

no it doesn't at least from here - i folded 3 days on 5 rigs and not a single coin came through to CryptoBullionPools

and no replies from their support email cryptobullionmining@gmail.com

have moved off this now - i earned a few coins from the SHA, but the folding is a joke

Did you sign up with the exact same username for f@h and for the pools? What FAH username are you using?

Hey anyone can explain me the link between Active Clients, WU and points?

Sure!! Active Clients are individual computers who have connected in the last x days (7 and 50 on the stats page). A WU is a workunit. Depending on the type, they can be worth anywhere from around 80 points to up over 500,000. The larger-point WUs take more time to compute, and some are only available for certain types of hardware. For example, a simple CPU project like 2968 can be worth upwards of 1207 points, a GPU project like 13001 can be worth upwards of 17123 points, and a BigAdv (Beefy CPU, we're talking 16 or more physical cores) like an 8101 can earn upwards of 22607 points. However, due to QRB, that 2968 unit could be worth, say, 15000 points, that 13001 WU could count for 40,000 points, and that BigAdv, with good enough hardware, could hit into the 400k range. Points are awarded, as mentioned, based on the difficulty and timeliness in which a WU is returned. Quickly returning a WU can increase the points it is worth by a factor of 10 or more in some scenarios.

How are the payouts per MH/s for the folding pool?

The MH/s stat on the folding pool is just a graphical glitch heldover from old bootstrap pool code.

Am I the only one using cryptobullionpools.com?  I've pressed the "cash out" button to claim my curecoins, but 24hrs later it still hasn't been deposited to my wallet.  When i logged back in this morning the curecoin balance is still in the pool?  Seems like the pool is broken...I contacted the dev of the pool last night and am waiting for a response, but in the meantime, id rather not fold if the pool is not working!!

Your coins are certainly being counted, however the pool is currently only doing payouts on intervals. Set an automatic payout Smiley

Am I the only one using cryptobullionpools.com?  I've pressed the "cash out" button to claim my curecoins, but 24hrs later it still hasn't been deposited to my wallet.  When i logged back in this morning the curecoin balance is still in the pool?  Seems like the pool is broken...I contacted the dev of the pool last night and am waiting for a response, but in the meantime, id rather not fold if the pool is not working!!

hi - can i ask how long did it take to show you had coins on cryptobullionpools.com?  I have had '0.0 KH' for 3 days but it did show you coins it just won't payout?  I had no response from support either

Does your name at f@h and the cryptobullion match exactly? Meaning upper and lower case also?

What is your username at F@H?

hi - yes, the f@h and cryptobullion match.  my f@h user is here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=224497&username=fromaster

the f@h side is showing data, just the pool is eerily silent.

Hey! Just checked your stats on my backend stat collection system, looks like you got nearly 250k points being counted in this payout roll.

hi - can i ask how long did it take to show you had coins on cryptobullionpools.com?  I have had '0.0 KH' for 3 days but it did show you coins it just won't payout?  I had no response from support either

Does your name at f@h and the cryptobullion match exactly? Meaning upper and lower case also?

What is your username at F@H?

yes, my username is exactly the same Smiley.... I am able to see a balance within the pool, but for some reason the balance wont cash out.  I've used many pools in the past and have never had problems cashing out.  I even went as far to try different browsers on different computers, but still no luck

Try setting an auto-payout, that seems to be working well.

the amount of coins paid out needs to be upped. I mean for 5 rigs each approx 300ppd you are getting perhaps 15 coins a day? how can 1 btc donation get you 700 days mining ? crazy.I suggest amount of cure coins x 10 now and up the coins per day paid out.
I get what you mean. But i look at it differently.

#1) Amount of coins totalld daily is (aprox...rounding numbers)  7.1k a/day folding.
And 6 (10min blocks) x 24 (hours) x13(shablockreward) = 1872  ---->(+7.1k) so aprox 10k cure a day total released. Meaning the inital investors get about 1 days worth of mining coins releases..

#2 The inital IPO was long time ago, back when bitcoin wasnt worth what it is today. So makes sense that their investment should get rewarded as they could have also made a lot if not investing it / saying goodbye to their btc for a year.

Fyi, im not an investor. Wish i was but back then i didnt even know what a bitcoin was. Just saying there are different perspectives to consider.

Yeah, I'll admit that the IPO stake was quite large, and if I were to ever do a similar project I would certainly adjust it, but the people were taking on quite some risk exposure, and had their BTC locked up for quite a while. I can certainly understand people's negativity towards it though.

If I want to fold on different PCs, can I use same username/passkey ?

Yup!

With a 270x I'm getting very poor performance.  gpu:0:Hawaii [Radeon R9 200 series].  In the work queue the ETA on the gpu is 10 days while my cpu is about 2 and a half hours.  Any suggestions?  Is my card just not powerful enough for this type of work?

Was this resolved? Sometimes waiting a few hours can fix this.

Glad to see the coin launched! Sad I missed the launch day but it is what it is.

My question is that I keep getting a message on all of my CGMiner that says something like "Share rejected due to target". I didn't write it down fast enough and now I have an error message that says "Worker temporarily banned". MY HW shows 0 so I don't think my intensity is too high. I use a bunch of AMD r9 280x's

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to get this project rolling.

You can't mine with GPU.  You have to do folding@home - but its not like normal coin where you can see what you are earning, you have to wait apparently - so far I am waiting 3 days on 8 rigs and all i get is this:

i don't know if the setup is wrong, am i wasting my time, i am listed on the F@H list but from what i can see nothing is going into coins - and people saying 'just wait its for a good cause' then why isn't there at least a message on the pool telling me this?  why show KH = 0 if it doesn't work like that lol?

also not getting any support - i did got one reply saying 'i saw this is fixed now' and nothing since??

to the people insulting everyone who is asking these questions and calling them stupid - try to understand coins are built around incentives - folding is not the incentive to miners, coins are the incentive to miners.  its like that whole incentive structure has been taken out of here and you are disconnected, after 3 days with nothing back right now this feels more like a folding project with a coin strapped on that doesn't work properly, everyone is so excited about the folding team performance what about the coins i am supposed to be spending my $ on lol?HuhHuhHuh

before you accuse me of trolling, this is actually good advice - sort your coins / support side out please, this is what the coin's success relies on.

Did any coins appear in your cryptobullionpools.com account with the last payout? What's your folding username, and your cryptobullionpools username?

I'm folding with ~110k PPD
But in the teamlist it only shows 50k PPD http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497
Why is there so a big difference?

The stats shown on that linked page are total points, not points per day. It appears you have submitted a total of around 50,000 points worth of WUs so far. Smiley

To the curecoin team or Cryptobullion.  I still haven't received my coins to my wallet.  See thumbnail below

Sorry about the delay! Try setting an automatic payout, the pool appears to be having some sort of issue processing manual withdrawals.

I joined up on https://cure.united-miners.com/ and in about 3 hours my earnings (5 280x's) show 0.00583118. This having been said, I'm not in it for making a ton of money. I used to do a lot of folding @ home long before cryptocurrency. I am debating on starting up folding at home again since there is some extra money to be made doing it now.

As for the people saying you can't gpu mine Curecoin, please advise me on this. It would seem it is working fine thus far on my 2 rigs. I understand asic makes it way less profitable in comparison, but I'm not after making a ton of money. Just above breaking even is fine. Even tho I plan on sitting on the coins for quite a while regardless. Thanks

Are you mining with those GPUs by doing actual hashing? If so, that power would be much better spent doing folding Smiley

Why are 800k+ coins for dev?
Isn't that a bit much compared to the low supply of ~10k coins per day?!

Yes.

At current exchange rates (I'm seeing .01BTC on bittrex right now) that's 8000BTC, or roughly $3.6m if he could get someone to buy all of them.  I'd like to see someone fork this project with zero premine and have the blocks pay out 80% to fold, 20% to miner, in much the same way devcoin does it.  And also, there is no good reason not to merge mine this.

The thing is, nobody had any idea what each curecoin would be worth until people started trading them. Their value is only just beginning to be determined, and we only have a few low volume trades to go by at this point, which may end up being meaningless in the long term. It could turn out that 800k cure do end up being worth millions or billions, and if so, I'm sure the devs have a plan for what they will do with all the extra at some point. No one has said that they are going to necessarily dump them for cash and keep it all for themselves.

Compared with the rarity of this coin (65 coins/10min such as Bitcoin) and the good idea behind this coin, it's pretty sure that the value for 1 CURE will be at least between 0.01 - 0.005 maybe even 0.1 BTC if it's successful. With knowing this I don't like it that 3 persons own 800k of this coin, that's simply to much. Although they have good aims. After 1 year there will be only ~3.6million CURE mined, so the devs still own more than 20% of the coin after 1 year.

And you can't tell me, that if this coin will be successful they won't dump them. Greed is a part of human nature and if they can become millionaires with this coin, I don't think they will relinquish it and rather continue to work on this coin.

He didn't even invest 1200$ of his own money, but the earned money from the IPO to get this coin started.

PS: I don't wanna say that the devs don't have good intenions with this coin, but greed is always greater than good intentions.

That's why I call for the devcoin approach.  I don't mind if he gets 3% of the coins.  Hell, I'd rather he have 10% of the coins, but only have them paid out as they're mined.  

+1
This would be a much better idea.

We understand the concerns. I suppose at this point, unless someone proposes some kind of alternate solution, it'll have to be based on trust. We did actually put in some of our own money, I threw about $2500 at it early on in the project. I'd be interested in some sort of 'lockaway' of the funds to ensure they're only paid out at the expected rate to devs, but I don't see a cryptographically-provable way to do that. If anyone has any proposals, I'm all ears Smiley

So, in other altcoins you don't think ASIC resistance is a feature?  

One of the factors that makes a coin valuable is the number of users/holders, i.e. the distribution.  The more people that hold a coin, the more value it has, usually.  If more people can be involved in the mining or folding process due to Curecoin being 80% ASIC proof then that makes for a stronger foundation of support for the project.  

In altcoins where the possible options are that asics are met with 1. adoption or 2. resistance, it could be considered a feature.

In a coin that has NOTHING to do with asics except for the negation of, it's not a feature. It's a non-topic.

"Asic resistance" is a buzz word. No one cares about it. I guess not no one. You do. You and everyone else that feels the need to define the negation of something that doesn't exist in the first place, hence (once again) why I said it was redundant. Not wrong. Redundant. Actually, "asic resistant" is wrong and "asic proof" is redundant.

Agreed for sure on the technicality of ASIC-resistiveness, however seeing that a project, or part of a project is ASIC-resistant, is of course attractive to people with consumer-grade hardware Smiley

Hardware question - I switched off of the united pool since that was an asic pool apparently. I followed the guide here http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=9.0 and everything is working but my GPU's all show 0% usage in afterburner. The slowest CPU I have (old AMD Tri-core) is killing all of my GPU's @ folding so something is wrong on my side. I did verify the cards are all using Core_17.  1 Nvidia GTX 590 and 6 R9 280x's should not be beat by a tri-core cpu!

Any ideas guys? Or have another link to get GPU's folding? I would really appreciate it. And for the "It's not worth it people", just stay quiet. I'm not in it for making a ton of money. My family is riddled with genetic diseases so helping in this way gives me a chubby.

Hey! GPUs can take up to 20 minutes after first getting assigned a WU to start actually running. Some projects have stuff that must be done on the CPU before the GPU portion can begin. Did this issue resolve itself? If not, hop into IRC (webchat.freenode.net #curecoin) and shoot me a message, and we can work on it in real-time there Smiley Might want to consider scaling back the cpu folding so you don't choke the GPUs. Smiley

I followed the instructions in the OP and got my CPU + GPU folding. However, when I checked the After Burner, it showed that all GPU are at 0% usage, is it normal?

See above comment, did this resolve? If not, hop into IRC and I'll get you fixed up Smiley

For anyone wondering about the payout delays and such, I'll tell you how mine worked for an example.

I started folding on May 10th and my work units usually take about 15 hours so probably completed some time May 11th (I was not home for the weekend so wasn't monitoring and don't remember exact time I started folding or ETA).

Yesterday, May 12th, during the afternoon (~19:00 UTC), on cryptobullionpools, I was seeing my PPD (120k) and expected payout (~24.7 CURE), and had an account balance of 0.000...CUR.

At 23:00 UTC last night (May 12th) my account was credited with the exact amount expected (24.67...), and I performed a cash out.

I just received my cash-out to my wallet at 18:00 UTC today (May 13th). Also, cryptobullionpools is showing 100k PPD for the day and an expected payout of ~11 coins. Account balance is 0.

So it seems accounts are credited at 23:00 UTC for work completed >24 hours earlier, and cashouts are handled at 18:00 UTC.

Thanks for the log! Those times look correct, though for anyone reading this in the future know that it may change as we modify the payout pool.

Do your username on the pool (cryptobullionpools.com) and f@h match?

Cool, I'm in the Top 40 folders on CryptoBulllions !!

May start getting some real coins soon !

Really hope the Dev team start promoting this and getting the word out there t deserves to succeed so much more than most of the other Cryptos
Welcome aboard! Smiley

Those might be slightly lower than normal, 770 should be getting around 70k-90k on Core 17, but if you got assigned Core 15 WUs, that sounds like a normal speed for that card.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Capttech08

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:52:58 PM

Is there a way to see other user's PPD on Cryptobullions? I'd like to compare my currently PPD's to other user's to gestimate a pay-out, as well to see how I stack up to the other users. As of now, my WU's haven't been submitted from what I can see. I know this can take 24 hours so I'm not questioning that. User name is Capttech

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
meelvanchris

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:05:42 PM

Is there a way to see other user's PPD on Cryptobullions? I'd like to compare my currently PPD's to other user's to gestimate a pay-out, as well to see how I stack up to the other users. As of now, my WU's haven't been submitted from what I can see. I know this can take 24 hours so I'm not questioning that. User name is Capttech
find yourself on cc-team page : http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497
look at your current ranking number... then use that to make it easier to findyourself in team total list :
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=224497&p=1

Im seeing u on 709 and then page 8. As for cryptobullionpool, other then what it shows i didnt see any... just shows other users payouts... but u could always use those points and the list to cross reference urself

▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:10:02 PM

Anyone have a Points per day to payout calculator made up yet? Just want a rough idea of what I may be looking at. Currently at 463k points per day. Still some more tweaking to do.
I can say 1 thing: with such a big difficulty and such a low price Curecoin is NOT PROFITABLE (I mean folding). You receive less than mining DOGE.

I disagree. I was mining DOGE before this and was getting between 2500 to 5000 DOGE / day. That's max $2.50 per day at $0.0005 per.

My first day of folding I received 24 CURE. Ppl have already sold CURE on C-Cex for 0.002 BTC. That's ~$1.00 per CURE assuming $500 per BTC. That means I earned $24 in one day. A ten-fold increase.

That said, the returns are rapidly decreasing as more ppl point their rigs to folding and the total pool PPD goes up, and we don't know when it will level off yet. Also I think it's too early to assign a dollar value to CURE as the volume of trading is still very low.

With my 7950 according to a dogecoin mining calculator I would get $1.12 in revenue daily.

Curecoin I'm getting around 5 a day even with the huge folding jump. There are buy orders for 0.00325 BTC (and increasing) which means that folding would still be getting me $9/day. 9 times as much!

And that's not counting that folding is much better value wise to society and the price is rapidly increasing with it as a new coin while Dogecoin is dying.
I put on folding some of my rigs (~20 Mh in scrypt) and receive 24 CUR after 1.5 days of folding (speed ~2.5 mil PPD).

2.5 million PPD would get you a lot more than 24 CUR in 1.5 days unless you haven't set it up probably - i.e. its probably bottlenecking because scrypt rigs don't need a high end CPU but for scrypt mining you need 1 core CPU per GPU plus an extra backup core.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
RejectMining

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

Curecoin is up on RejectMining!  0% fee since this is only to help the cause!  Anonymous mining -- no registration required!

host: stratum+tcp://www.rejectmining.com:6015
username: <your payout address>
password: <anything>

If you need any help, please stop in #RejectMining on freenode!
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:33:24 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 11:17:26 PM by Elokane

I can't find the thread someone posted a while ago with the folding tweaking guide. I want to post it on some other forum. Anyone have a link handy?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:40:07 PM

I can't find the thread someone posted a while ago with the mining tweaking guide. I want to post it on some other forum. Anyone have a link handy?

Not sure which guide exactly you are looking for but here's one for scrypt mining:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu

ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:57:23 PM

You might can have that opinion about CureCoin.

But folding as such was never made for profitability. It is per concept a volunteering distributed computing project to increase our knowledge about the "misbehavior" of proteins. Folding existed before CureCoin for many years with an amazing contribution from a number of great folding teams. With individuals reaching 2bn points or making 10mPPD, each day: for free ! for us !

We should not make the mistake and focusing only on profit. There might be other opportunities.
Folding is different.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

I can't find the thread someone posted a while ago with the mining tweaking guide. I want to post it on some other forum. Anyone have a link handy?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606795.new#new

That's my guide.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
bardacuda

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:01:26 PM

Yup so once again at 23:00 UTC my account was credited. I have automatic payouts on this time so I'll see how that works.

Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:02:18 PM

Here's the user list:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=224497

This site updates every 3hrs. It should give you a *rough* idea on payouts, as all user names between the pool and actual PPD submission are the same. But do note that the pool scrapes the data at different intervals.
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:18:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606795.new#new

That's my guide.

Cheers!

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: