Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:29:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:32:38 AM

In my 'stump speech' above to try and convince you all to vote to continue the distribution, I mentioned we can use the left over stakes to make a 'values statement' about ORA.

A couple of days ago a dear friend of mine finally succumbed to cancer, and even though I knew it was coming, it was still a shock when I got the news, and my heart has been heavy ever since with sadness. Then I opened my yahoo mail today and saw this 'advert'

When I looked at that little boys smile I felt great to be alive again. I don't know what he's holding, but it's obviously something special to him.

How can we give some ORA stakes to children like Jorge? It must be possible!

@ Kora,

Chaos514 and me are already working on this. I would like to ask Chaos514's permission to publish our communication here.

@Darkhorse, cool, that sounds great!! I'm looking forward to learning more Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:00:08 AM

Official pre-announcement of an intention to post an announcement!

One of my suggested 'actions' that people could perform to 'earn' an ORA stake is submit an entry in the inaugural 'CryptFest: Crypto short film festival'. The community will need to decide if we end up 'paying' every person who submits an entry an ORA stake, but I can confirm that CryptFest will be proceeding in some form.

fragORA is currently working on the CryptFest site, and I must say I'm pretty pumped over what I've seen so far. I'm putting up the prize money, so even if the vote decides to distribute the left over stakes in another way that doesn't leave room for paying people to enter 'CryptFest', there'll still be the official first prize, the Palme d'ORA!

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to make them now. I'm using the 'Tropfest' short film festival as inspiration for CryptFest (and blatantly copying their name ... imitation, greatest form of flattery and all that lol), but if anybody can help with the basic outline of the plan let me know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropfest

My thinking is to make the definition of 'Short film' as broad as possible, so fiction, non-fiction, video of a monologue/dialogue etc is fine. Could be a song, poem, animation, multi-media etc ... anything really, as long as you can upload it to youtube.

I think to ensure we get good entries, and to extract the maximum marketing benefit possible, I'm thinking the closing date for entries should be at least 2 months from now. If the community decides to pay every entrant a stake, then we need to wait until after the vote to confirm that, but I think it's wise to announce the intention to announce so serious entrants have enough time. Depending on the reaction we get (which I'm hoping will extend across the wider crypto community) I could possibly make the prize a bit bigger too. If you want to catch a big fish, you need a big worm Smiley

"CryptFest: Crypto short film festival"
Sponsored by: ORA

First Prize - the Palme d'ORA
- 2 bitcoins
- 5 Million ORA assets

Your mission should you choose to accept it
Submit a new short film or multimedia work on the theme of 'Cryptographic currencies'

To help ensure entries are unique & new you must include "Starfish" as a 'signature item' in your work.

Conditions
- Your submission must be a new original work
- You can submit as many entries as you want
- Your work must be less than 5 minutes
- You can work in teams, but you can only submit your own work
- You must consent to having your work displayed on ORA affiliated websites
- We might include a small ORA 'watermark' on your video for promotion purposes
- ORA may include your work on a 'festival' DVD (all DVD sales will be in ORA, and go into the ORA charity fund)
- Nothing racist, defamatory, derogatory
- Don't infringe anybodies copyright without permission

edit: Tropfest adds a new signature item every year to ensure they get 'new' work. It just means the signature item has to make a cameo in every entry somewhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropfest#Signature_item

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:25:46 AM

One of my suggested 'actions' that people could perform to 'earn' an ORA stake is submit an entry in the inaugural 'CryptFest: Crypto short film festival'. The community will need to decide if we end up 'paying' every person who submits an entry an ORA stake, but I can confirm that CryptFest will be proceeding in some form.

fragORA is currently working on the CryptFest site, and I must say I'm pretty pumped over what I've seen so far. I'm putting up the prize money, so even if the vote decides to distribute the left over stakes in another way that doesn't leave room for paying people to enter 'CryptFest', there'll still be the official first prize, the Palme d'ORA!

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to make them now. I'm using the 'Tropfest' short film festival as inspiration for CryptFest (and blatantly copying their name ... imitation, greatest form of flattery and all that lol), but if anybody can help with the basic outline of the plan let me know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropfest

My thinking is to make the definition of 'Short film' as broad as possible, so fiction, non-fiction, video of a monologue/dialogue etc is fine. Could be a song, poem, animation, multi-media etc ... anything really, as long as you can upload it to youtube.

I think to ensure we get good entries, and to extract the maximum marketing benefit possible, I'm thinking the closing date for entries should be at least 2 months from now. If the community decides to pay every entrant a stake, then we need to wait until after the vote to confirm that, but I think it's wise to announce the intention to announce so serious entrants have enough time. Depending on the reaction we get (which I'm hoping will extend across the wider crypto community) I could possibly make the prize a bit bigger too. If you want to catch a big fish, you need a big worm Smiley

- 2 bitcoins
- 5 Million ORA assets

Submit a new short film or multimedia work on the theme of 'Cryptographic currencies'

To help ensure entries are unique & new you must include "Starfish" as a 'signature item' in your work.

Conditions
- ORA may include your work on a 'festival' DVD (all DVD sales will be in ORA, and go into the ORA charity fund)

edit: Tropfest adds a new signature item every year to ensure they get 'new' work. It just means the signature item has to make a cameo in every entry somewhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropfest#Signature_item

Nice!! I don't think you need to make the prize bigger. It's generous enough as it is to attract 'professionals' to the contest  Wink
Paying every entrant (with a few conditions to prevent abuse) a stake is a good idea and would definitely bring a lot more people to participate.
Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:59:48 AM

- 2 bitcoins
- 5 Million ORA assets

Conditions

Nice!! I don't think you need to make the prize bigger. It's generous enough as it is to attract 'professionals' to the contest  Wink
Paying every entrant (with a few conditions to prevent abuse) a stake is a good idea and would definitely bring a lot more people to participate.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope we attract some professionals, (that's definitely the goal), so I want the prize to appear 'big'. In years to come the honour of winning the Palme d'ORA might be prestigious enough to attract talent without big $$, but for the inaugural event I think the 'honey pot' has to be extra sweet lol

The prize will be held in an escrow fund too. Still need to work out how the judging would work. I'm thinking a panel of three judges, try and get the biggest 'crypto' names we can. Crypto media people maybe. Ideas anyone?

edit: how much would be a reasonable payment for a legit entry? A full stake ...

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:44:55 AM

Legit entry : full stake. Justification : proof of work.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:01:32 AM

Legit entry : full stake. Justification : proof of work.

That's what I think! Reviewing the entries for 'legit status' will be a good community activity too, and probably a lot of fun Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 11:21:54 AM by Kora

Remember, deadline for submitting logo designs is 17 August 2014!

Your design might get 'Logo bombed' on television somewhere Smiley

edit: Here is my Logo top 10!

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:00:39 PM

A new place to discuss Ora is up!
http://www.oraforum.org/

This of course doesn't mean we'll stop any discussion here; it's just an extra place to help gather and build the community.

// Mac
Chaos514

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:11:50 PM

This of course doesn't mean we'll stop any discussion here; it's just an extra place to help gather and build the community.

// Mac

Great Job!! I Just registered.
tomavbttt

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:12:18 PM

Yes, I have signed up.
tonny.jr

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:19:07 PM

I'm happy to see the community grow stronger and stronger.I will buy more!
jshow5555

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:08:29 PM

Hi ORA developers and supporters!

I like the current ORA price!

I will like it even more when you give all us dumpers, the extra stake we truly deserve!

Then I will be able to re-buy my stake at 0.001 NXT or  less.

Cheers.

Mac Red

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:39:42 PM

Hi ORA developers and supporters!

I like the current ORA price!

I will like it even more when you give all us dumpers, the extra stake we truly deserve!

Then I will be able to re-buy my stake at 0.001 NXT or  less.
Cheers.

Hm I think you missed the part where we didn't have a vote yet on what to do with the leftover stakes. Too eager I guess. We don't judge you man it's free market.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:28:09 AM

// Mac

The forum looks nice man.  Cool
We will discuss more technical issues over there and we will keep this thread updated whenever there is one.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:04:23 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 05:07:53 AM by DarkhorseofNxt

New Update: Nxt client new version 1.2.5

This is a very fun looking logo.

Keeping things moving.

figroll

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:23:32 AM

Anyone interested in promotion, advertisement, articles please join us in the forum.  Cool

The thread discussing this will be as per below. We need ideas and strategy to start. Wink

http://www.oraforum.org/viewtopic.php?id=5

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2407
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:28:44 AM

New Update: Nxt client new version 1.2.5

This is a very fun looking logo.

Keeping things moving.

figroll

one of the best logos i´ve ever seen, awsome..needs some finetuning only

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:35:33 PM

I liked this version of logo , looks great with multiple colors.
Mac Red

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:53:08 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 05:26:10 PM by Mac Red

Stakeholder update 08/14 (Final). [Link]

One final check for secured NXT addresses has been made of the 889 entries in total which made it through all phases.
14 new stakeholder secured their accounts since last update. These addresses have been submitted for distribution.
This means a total of 839 NXT accounts were secured and got/will get their stakes.

For more info, check out the Stakeholder Registration Info topic at:
http://oraforum.org/viewtopic.php?id=8

It's been a very tuff but equally rewarding job and I really appreciate the kind words and trust I've received from many people.

Now it's time to fully look ahead and focus on where we should take Ora next. Cool
Victoo

Activity: 393

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:29:42 AM

I liked this version of logo , looks great with multiple colors.

+1 for logo.

It's also good to know that first round of distribution has finally finished with 889 stakeholders.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: