Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 02:07:14 PM

So would you prefer not to have the current holders be allowed to vote for what they want?

I'm not a current holder of CLAM because I'm not a smuck trading... does this mean I lose my right to vote because I made good trades?

This isn't a democracy as Deb was so cunty to point out to me. 

I don't think a vote should be held for core things such as digging that set CLAM truly aside from the rest of the crowd.

Voting over the internet with account harvesters like Zolace is just asking for it... You can already see the shills come out.

To be clear, I'm not trying to push any particular change to the rules.

You obviously are... you have been since you started losing your ass on all your stupid trades.  I've sat here and watched it with my two beety little eyes.  It's at the top of your message board in Just-Dice as well even. 

It is hurting CLAM having this conversation over and over.  Nothing brings investor faith like shaking the whole foundation of something to the core... *sarcasm*  You can literally see the books dry up and it isn't all because of the digger.   

I have lots of people asking me to stop CLAM dying

Then do something to help... put your money where your mouth is powder puff. 

Dox the digger because I find it WAY hard to believe that you can't... I've seen you drop too many doxxes directly or indirectly. 

Rat4, Owsley and others.  (Recall you sending me Owsley's picture of his house when he was trolling you.)

If you are against the idea of having the most popular idea be implemented, why is that?

If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you jump too?

Good lil sheeple! 

As I know, faucet brings profit with selling adverts and related.

Google Adsense

You get money from advertiser, buy CLAMs, and pay users, also in CLAMs, for they're watching adverts and clicking links.

Wrong.  I do not buy CLAM through Poloniex or any of the other exchanges.

The faucets are stocked with free Clamcoins earned from ClamChecker.com dig option #2, free Just-Dice rain and once in a blue moon a clammie or two from a 4.6 DIG.

I think I've bought to stock once.

You don't drop all your CLAMs at a time through the faucet, obviously.
'
Actually I do.  The earned CLAMs go to either the exchange or the faucet... if it isn't profitable to sell at the time then they are staked.

So, you must have some amount of CLAMs in unused funds. And I can't believe it just lay still there on your accounts.

You don't have to believe it, but I don't have any CLAMs.

And you're interested in low as much as in high.

Even if CLAM is exchanging 1 to 1 with Bitcoin... our Clamcoins earned through step #2 are free.  `We pay a flat .005 per fresh address dug for option #3.  High is better because we don't buy at low or high... just selling atm.

Because you trade.

Thanks for telling me something about me that I don't know about me!

I do not buy CLAMs atm.  The only trading that is done with CLAM and I now days are sells.  I have no interest in buying into a centralized system with someone whom I believe is fucking up 6 ways from Sunday here lately...  I honestly believe that they are going to change CLAM in their "favor" regardless of what "we" say or think.

Dooglus has a fucked up view on trading and reality some times... like for example how he though the /offsite feature with a room full of degenerates would offset how much they'd invest with JD...  Roll Eyes

It's unbelievable in you don't.

*shrugs* not sure what to tell ya then.

I'm pretty against the idea of making any changes to how the coin works. Clam is far from dying those who are saying it are just butthurt the price dumped (why did these people hold when it was announced early someone was digging and dumping endlessly on polo if the price is what mattered to them?). The truth is with the price being lower more people are playing with clam either on JD or not. You can easily see this with all the new names on JD making larger than average bets. If you guys don't like the way clam is working jump ship and move to another shitcoin don't try to manipulate the core rules to the coin just to please some bagholders

Amen.

Without JD CLAM will be exactly these -  just another shitcoin. Look at the chart. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/clams/

Let's vote!

Without the CLAM distribution there would have been no JD.

Sorry you aren't going to vote on what made CLAM great... it's just not going to happen and there very obviously isn't consensus to change it.

I maybe interested in the halfing idea if the halfing also halfed the stakes... then when the digging was done, so where the stakes and the network spins on flat #.   

there is no central authority to enforce the result.

Clamcoin is centralized.  Dooglus has the throne and he will continue to push this agenda until he justifies it in his head to push it through.  I've been watching this person for years at this point and I'm sure of it.

He showed this week that he is prepared to abuse his power by changing someones password on Just-Dice and not allowing them to do what they want with their account... that's just a taste of what is to come I believe.  Pretty disgusting Sad.

What has the chart to do with jd? Clam stake and thats what makes most of the profit which brings investors/holders.
Jd spreaded the voice about clam , a known coin is usually an "succesfull" coin.

No... just no... 

Seriously you need to go get help for your huffing.  I can tell you huff gas or paint even through the computer. *starts singing and snapping "Do you believe in magic?"*

I'm really happy I'm not the only one that is against this insane rule change proposals. *phew*

I would vote to leave Clam as is with no change.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:11:18 PM

I think CLAM has a bright future if it doesn't get fucked along the way by people and their emotions in their trades.  I just think changing the core of CLAM in order to protect current holders against the main thing that made CLAM special is silly and greedy.

So would you prefer not to have the current holders be allowed to vote for what they want?

To be clear, I'm not trying to push any particular change to the rules. I have lots of people asking me to stop CLAM dying, and lots of others saying to leave it alone. You can't please all the people, but you can let the community as a whole vote and implement the most popular choice. CLAM is a community coin after all, so that seems like the fairest way to do things.

If you are against the idea of having the most popular idea be implemented, why is that?

Obviously if change is to happen let it happen to majority vote.

FOR RENT.
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1000

monero

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:12:48 PM

I would vote to leave Clam as it is with no changes.

I'd prefer this too. I'm not an active member of the clam community, but I have a lot of physically sealed btc cold wallets that additionally inherit clams.

Since I don't plan on cashing out any btc and don't want to move those cold wallet funds because of taxation and verification reasons, stopping the digging would cost me a signficant amount of additional profit through clams. that would suck  Undecided

however, if you're going to change some of the clam fundamentals nonetheless, you should do it as quick as possible. the ecosystem, even if still small, will need time to adapt.

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:21:56 PM

I'm not a current holder of CLAM because I'm not a smuck trading... does this mean I lose my right to vote because I made good trades?

This isn't a democracy as Deb was so cunty to point out to me.  

I don't think a vote should be held for core things such as digging that set CLAM truly aside from the rest of the crowd.

Voting over the internet with account harvesters like Zolace is just asking for it... You can already see the shills come out.

To be clear, I'm not trying to push any particular change to the rules.

You obviously are... you have been since you started losing your ass on all your stupid trades.  I've sat here and watched it with my two beety little eyes.  It's at the top of your message board in Just-Dice as well even.  

It is hurting CLAM having this conversation over and over.  Nothing brings investor faith like shaking the whole foundation of something to the core... *sarcasm*  You can literally see the books dry up and it isn't all because of the digger.  

I have lots of people asking me to stop CLAM dying

Then do something to help... put your money where your mouth is powder puff.  

Dox the digger because I find it WAY hard to believe that you can't... I've seen you drop too many doxxes directly or indirectly.  

Rat4, Owsley and others.  (Recall you sending me Owsley's picture of his house when he was trolling you.)

If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you jump too?

Good lil sheeple!  

As I know, faucet brings profit with selling adverts and related.

Google Adsense

You get money from advertiser, buy CLAMs, and pay users, also in CLAMs, for they're watching adverts and clicking links.

Wrong.  I do not buy CLAM through Poloniex or any of the other exchanges.

The faucets are stocked with free Clamcoins earned from ClamChecker.com dig option #2, free Just-Dice rain and once in a blue moon a clammie or two from a 4.6 DIG.

I think I've bought to stock once.

You don't drop all your CLAMs at a time through the faucet, obviously.
'
Actually I do.  The earned CLAMs go to either the exchange or the faucet... if it isn't profitable to sell at the time then they are staked.

So, you must have some amount of CLAMs in unused funds. And I can't believe it just lay still there on your accounts.

You don't have to believe it, but I don't have any CLAMs.

And you're interested in low as much as in high.

Even if CLAM is exchanging 1 to 1 with Bitcoin... our Clamcoins earned through step #2 are free.  `We pay a flat .005 per fresh address dug for option #3.  High is better because we don't buy at low or high... just selling atm.

Because you trade.

Thanks for telling me something about me that I don't know about me!

I do not buy CLAMs atm.  The only trading that is done with CLAM and I now days are sells.  I have no interest in buying into a centralized system with someone whom I believe is fucking up 6 ways from Sunday here lately...  I honestly believe that they are going to change CLAM in their "favor" regardless of what "we" say or think.

Dooglus has a fucked up view on trading and reality some times... like for example how he though the /offsite feature with a room full of degenerates would offset how much they'd invest with JD...  Roll Eyes

It's unbelievable in you don't.

*shrugs* not sure what to tell ya then.

I'm pretty against the idea of making any changes to how the coin works. Clam is far from dying those who are saying it are just butthurt the price dumped (why did these people hold when it was announced early someone was digging and dumping endlessly on polo if the price is what mattered to them?). The truth is with the price being lower more people are playing with clam either on JD or not. You can easily see this with all the new names on JD making larger than average bets. If you guys don't like the way clam is working jump ship and move to another shitcoin don't try to manipulate the core rules to the coin just to please some bagholders

Amen.

Without JD CLAM will be exactly these -  just another shitcoin. Look at the chart. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/clams/

Let's vote!

Without the CLAM distribution there would have been no JD.

Sorry you aren't going to vote on what made CLAM great... it's just not going to happen and there very obviously isn't consensus to change it.

I maybe interested in the halfing idea if the halfing also halfed the stakes... then when the digging was done, so where the stakes and the network spins on flat #.  

there is no central authority to enforce the result.

Clamcoin is centralized.  Dooglus has the throne and he will continue to push this agenda until he justifies it in his head to push it through.  I've been watching this person for years at this point and I'm sure of it.

He showed this week that he is prepared to abuse his power by changing someones password on Just-Dice and not allowing them to do what they want with their account... that's just a taste of what is to come I believe.  Pretty disgusting Sad.

What has the chart to do with jd? Clam stake and thats what makes most of the profit which brings investors/holders.
Jd spreaded the voice about clam , a known coin is usually an "succesfull" coin.

No... just no...  

Seriously you need to go get help for your huffing.  I can tell you huff gas or paint even through the computer. *starts singing and snapping "Do you believe in magic?"*

I'm really happy I'm not the only one that is against this insane rule change proposals. *phew*

I would vote to leave Clam as is with no change.

Wow, you really come off like a cunt in every single post. Impressive amount of Ass-burgers for someone who supposedly isn't a homeless crackhead. Completely unable to meet questions or opinions without being a douche is almost impressive.

FOR RENT.
Northstar

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:00:53 PM

Wow, you really come off like a cunt in every single post. Impressive amount of Ass-burgers for someone who supposedly isn't a homeless crackhead. Completely unable to meet questions or opinions without being a douche is almost impressive.

His style is very combative but underneath it he obviously shows great passion for the topic, and we need passionate people, they make the world go'round Smiley I just wish BAC and some of the other participants would keep it civil for fear of this spinning out of control and getting locked down. This has obviously become personal too, which does not add anything good to the topic.

BAC I have a question for you: do you see a problem with a large exchange, for example coinbase, deciding to dig all of their constituents' wallets for clams, and gaining all the riches from them? (not all exchanges will be noble like Poloniex, as the current digger is proving). If you do see a problem with that, then advocating not changing anything and staying the course is not compatible. Because I think it is a huge problem that goes against the grain of "fair distribution" that was the very intent of this coin. As Doog put it, it would be technically not feasible to somehow "blacklist" exchanges from perpetrating such offense, so we need another solution. But I do think it is worth pursuing a solution as long as it is compatible with the core principles of the coin.

I think it is very important to realize that changing the rules along the way is not necessarily compromising the "foundation", so long as it is done for the right reasons, ie as I have stated before, as long as we don't change rules with the purpose of preserving the monetary value of the coin. If we do it to preserve the "fair distribution", then it's ok. Understand, it is not always possible for founders to foresee all possible contingencies from the very beginning. That is why the US constitution had 27 amendments. Did the amendments compromise the constitution? No, because they were enacted in the spirit of preserving and BUILDING upon the the Constitution and what it was trying to accomplish. We have an opportunity now to build upon and improve this coin.

If you disagree, please reason with me. Lets resolve this with logic and not emotions.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 03:14:18 PM

@all

Mr. Steiner aka. BayAreaCoins, is a narcisistic sociopath who should not be trusted and /or taken seriously.

Please read his trust ratings and decide for yourself.

This coin, like every other shitclone these cryptsy/polo/early adopter/insiders have put out, is a scam and no different that the others.

First the reward reduction(s), then the wallet diggers... and now we have this epic struggle between Dooglus and BayAreaCoins, that will further FUD/exploit the greedy noobs into trading their wealth for cryptofiat.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

@all

Mr. Steiner aka. BayAreaCoins, is a narcisistic sociopath who should not be trusted and /or taken seriously.

This coin, like every other shitclone these cryptsy/polo/early adopter/insiders have put out, is a scam and no different that the others.

First the reward reduction(s), then the wallet diggers... and now we have this epic struggle between Dooglus and BayAreaCoins, that will further FUD/exploit the greedy noobs into trading their wealth for cryptofiat.

You left out the negative trust know-it-all-doomsayers who post for no other reason than to see their own reflection while exercising their other hand. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 03:37:16 PM

@all

You left out the negative trust know-it-all-doomsayers who post for no other reason than to see their own reflection while exercising their other hand. 

Show me where I've been wrong...

and.. are you related to snakey ? lol

1 - Hippie Tech

Trust:    -2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

Your giving out advice? Moving on now....

2 - TrueAnon

Yes been a lot of talk....Want to know whats going on? then listen in to Karl talk tonight...

Karl Gray@paradimeshift
Hi Folks! Doing a periscope broadcast today at 11pm UK time, will be talking about future, new features, issues we've had etc. Download the periscope app and tune in!

Two negatives multiplied together make a positive result... snakey nooblet. Tongue eg. negative rep * scammer/shitcoin shill who left that rep = scam/shitcoin bustin Hippie Tech. Grin

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:52:08 PM

@all

Show me where I've been wrong...

and.. are you related to snakey ? lol

1 - Hippie Tech

Trust:    -2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

Your giving out advice? Moving on now....

2 - TrueAnon

Yes been a lot of talk....Want to know whats going on? then listen in to Karl talk tonight...

Karl Gray@paradimeshift
Hi Folks! Doing a periscope broadcast today at 11pm UK time, will be talking about future, new features, issues we've had etc. Download the periscope app and tune in!

Two negatives multiplied together make a positive result... snakey nooblet. Tongue eg. negative rep * scammer/shitcoin shill who left that rep = scam/shitcoin bustin Hippie Tech. Grin

The REP system is terrible of course and a horrible way of determining sincerity and trust of users.

FOR RENT.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:59:18 PM

I think it is very important to realize that changing the rules along the way is not necessarily compromising the "foundation", so long as it is done for the right reasons, ie as I have stated before, as long as we don't change rules with the purpose of preserving the monetary value of the coin. If we do it to preserve the "fair distribution", then it's ok. Understand, it is not always possible for founders to foresee all possible contingencies from the very beginning. That is why the US constitution had 27 amendments. Did the amendments compromise the constitution? No, because they were enacted in the spirit of preserving and BUILDING upon the the Constitution and what it was trying to accomplish. We have an opportunity now to build upon and improve this coin.

If you disagree, please reason with me. Lets resolve this with logic and not emotions.

A change to prevent digging is only "to preserve the monetary value of the coin".  Unless you can convince me that preventing new people from digging clams is somehow fair.  "Sorry, we distributed clams to all wallets, but because you waited to long, you lose out."  

Slowing digging (IE only allowed 1 dig per day) would preserve the fair distribution model.  Preventing digging or reducing the claim amount is only fair to those who made the deadline.  

Just so I'm clear, I hold a fairly large amount of clams and I'm in the red at the current price, but this is more about the coin then the price.  If I was worried about the price, I would be in the make a change camp too.    

Northstar

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:08:15 PM

A change to prevent digging is only "to preserve the monetary value of the coin".  Unless you can convince me that preventing new people from digging clams is somehow fair.  "Sorry, we distributed clams to all wallets, but because you waited to long, you lose out."   

Slowing digging (IE only allowed 1 dig per day) would preserve the fair distribution model.  Preventing digging or reducing the claim amount is only fair to those who made the deadline. 

Just so I'm clear, I hold a fairly large amount of clams and I'm in the red at the current price, but this is more about the coin then the price.  If I was worried about the price, I would be in the make a change camp too.   

You and I are not in disagreement, because I did not advocate for "preventing new people from digging clams". What I advocated is to somehow restrict non-people from doing so, i.e. large exchanges and gambling sites from taking advantage of the distro model, which is what is happening with the digger, and which goes against the fairness intent of the distro model. I am NOT in favor of preventing regular folk from digging up their rightful clams. But due to lack of the technical feasibility of distinguishing between clams dug by average joes and clams dug by "diggers" who are exploiting average joes' addys, I am not sure what the proper solution would be. However, leaving things unchanged would also not be the right choice.

Right now I am trying to see if we can first reconcile the camps who say "something must be done" with those saying "nothing should be done, at any cost", and we can go from there.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:44:00 PM

What I advocated is to somehow restrict non-people from doing so, i.e. large exchanges and gambling sites from taking advantage of the distro model, which is what is happening with the digger,

How do you know this?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 04:48:07 PM

*slow bows*

His style is very combative but underneath it he obviously shows great passion for the topic, and we need passionate people, they make the world go'round Smiley I just wish BAC and some of the other participants would keep it civil for fear of this spinning out of control and getting locked down. This has obviously become personal too, which does not add anything good to the topic.

Totally agree.  My apologizes to the community.  I'm only here because it means something to me and I want to be a part of something successful... which is probably why I've been attracted to Just-Dice up until lately.

BAC I have a question for you: do you see a problem with a large exchange, for example coinbase, deciding to dig all of their constituents' wallets for clams, and gaining all the riches from them? (not all exchanges will be noble like Poloniex, as the current digger is proving). If you do see a problem with that, then advocating not changing anything and staying the course is not compatible. Because I think it is a huge problem that goes against the grain of "fair distribution" that was the very intent of this coin. As Doog put it, it would be technically not feasible to somehow "blacklist" exchanges from perpetrating such offense, so we need another solution. But I do think it is worth pursuing a solution as long as it is compatible with the core principles of the coin.

I don't see a problem with it.

"By definition the rightful owner of any coins is "he who can send them". If you take issue with that, please stick to fiat."

I believe that it is very important for the users to help steer the service in the proper direction by bring up the conversation with them about possibly retrieving their CLAM.

There was talk about being able to stake Clamcoins by using a signature alone.  This would open up all of coinbase's clams for users to begin earning off of them.

As Doog put it, it would be technically not feasible to somehow "blacklist" exchanges from perpetrating such offense, so we need another solution.

I'm VERY much against blacklisting and limiting digs of any type.  Regardless of how rich the user is or the number of addresses they posses ect.

Our country has had some pretty nasty effects due to the amendments that I think we would have been much better without... the majority of those "bad amendments" were pushed by people with their heart in the wrong place and trying to take advantage of timing and such in for them to personally profit more.  (Booze for example... they waited until all the men where shipped off and then rammed that shit down the public's throat.)

@all

*glances at your trust feedback*

Mk.   Roll Eyes

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:10:48 PM

My apologizes to the community.  

Apology not accepted. Talk is cheap. You're obviously an unstable loudmouth with the intellect of a 3 year old. You'll throw another tantrum the next time anyone disagrees with you or you don't get your way.

With regard to CLAM's future, your involvement in this coin to the extent that you are worries me a lot more than any digger.
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

BAC you may be suffering from the sunk cost fallacy. I know you've put a lot of effort into your faucets and recently clamchecker.com but if you're upset with the drama on JD and dooglus and you have no stake in Clams themselves it might be worth considering cutting your losses.
Northstar

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:46:54 PM

What I advocated is to somehow restrict non-people from doing so, i.e. large exchanges and gambling sites from taking advantage of the distro model, which is what is happening with the digger,

How do you know this?

Dooglus himself traced the series of addy's being dug by the digger to a now defunct gambling site.
Northstar

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:00:57 PM

I don't see a problem with it.

"By definition the rightful owner of any coins is "he who can send them". If you take issue with that, please stick to fiat."

I believe that it is very important for the users to help steer the service in the proper direction by bring up the conversation with them about possibly retrieving their CLAM.

There was talk about being able to stake Clamcoins by using a signature alone.  This would open up all of coinbase's clams for users to begin earning off of them.

As Doog put it, it would be technically not feasible to somehow "blacklist" exchanges from perpetrating such offense, so we need another solution.

I'm VERY much against blacklisting and limiting digs of any type.  Regardless of how rich the user is or the number of addresses they posses ect.

That may be so, but you yourself argued that you resist change brought about by opportunism, and that your issue is that we are trampling on the foundations of the coin. I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that the founders of the coin had fair distribution as the core value of the coin, and that one exchange taking control of a vast amount of users' coins would not be considered fair distribution. Luckily, the founders are around us so perhaps they can chime in on this?

Our country has had some pretty nasty effects due to the amendments that I think we would have been much better without... the majority of those "bad amendments" were pushed by people with their heart in the wrong place and trying to take advantage of timing and such in for them to personally profit more.  (Booze for example... they waited until all the men where shipped off and then rammed that shit down the public's throat.)

Yeah there may have been some bad apples. But what about the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments for example? Aren't you glad those were passed? From talking to you before, I get the feeling you are quite happy about them.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:04:33 PM

I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that the founders of the coin had fair distribution as the core value of the coin, and that one exchange taking control of a vast amount of users' coins would not be considered fair distribution.

It isn't plausible this wasn't understood when the coin was created. The existence of parties such as exchanges and others with large numbers of addresses is no secret.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 06:31:13 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 06:57:48 PM by BayAreaCoins

Apology not accepted. Talk is cheap.

Not sure why you are still talking to me DrkShill.

You're obviously an unstable loudmouth with the intellect of a 3 year old. You'll throw another tantrum the next time anyone disagrees with you or you don't get your way.

With regard to CLAM's future, your involvement in this coin to the extent that you are worries me a lot more than any digger.

I don't really care if you disagree with me.  I disagree with a lot of things, but I don't take kindly to shills trying to rob people for millions of their CLAMs for a month straight at this point despite the majority saying no change.

If your concerned about one person having an effect on the future of a crypto currency then maybe you need to pack your bags and stroll the fuck on...  Maybe I am the digger too.  Would be a pretty epic combo eh?

"I'd love to get involved with Bitcoin, but Goat, the pool hopper fucker, really worries me... I think I won't buy <$100 Bitcoins!" Said no one ever Tongue

BAC you may be suffering from the sunk cost fallacy. I know you've put a lot of effort into your faucets and recently clamchecker.com but if you're upset with the drama on JD and dooglus and you have no stake in Clams themselves it might be worth considering cutting your losses.

I fulled expected the price of CLAM to go down.  I have had enough of Dooglus for a while now ever since he attacked my services and I'm sure the feeling is mutual at this point, but I'm persistent as fuck.  CLAM has to grow outside of Doogs strong hold and I'm happy to be a part of that in whatever way I can.

I do have a stake in CLAM due to services that I've been building and managing for a year at this point almost. These services not only payout to me, but to other people in the community as well.  (Each one of my sites is developed by a different community member for the most part and we split up earnings)

I've been on the internet my whole life with some fairly nasty trolls... it doesn't hurt my feelers being called a 3 year old or standing up for what is right even if it's me standing alone... which it isn't the case at this point thank god.

uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:25:03 PM

A BAC  / Dooglus showdown, Fuck yeah

How bout instead of that dump all the clams and make JD Bitcoin based again
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: