Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206973 times)
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:30:07 PM

Right on... It shall be done.

Erm, ok, that was quick. Cheesy

I really am trying to figure out what the issue with this coin is and why it isn't performing better considering you all seem very much interested in wanting to do right by everyone.

Well.. we kinda suck at marketing imho  Cheesy

This is why we need the community members to partake in actively promoting it. The performance of the coin, I believe is a reflection of the general passiveness of the community. I've never used twitter before... hated it from the start, with its character limitations and followers and what not. But I realized I needed to move out of my comfort zone and literally opened an account just to tweet and retweet pinkcoin's news and announcements. Similarly, if more people get actively involved like that, I'm pretty sure a more apt reflection of the prices would be seen.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:33:53 PM

While this sounds like a good idea, the internet is a scary place. While a large number of people have genuine interest to learn more about people and devs, there is the other part of people who want details and will do damage. Look at other threads for coins that failed or someone started FUD and people go nuts posting names, address, phone numbers, etc.
I absolutely agree, but if a coin dev team are open about who they are then they can make mistakes as the project goes forward and recover from them because people are less inclined to believe they are trying to scam everyone.

Look at Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin and Vericoin. None of them have been flawless projects from the outset but if their devs had been only anonymous forum usernames the projects would have collapsed at the first problem they encountered because everyone would be assuming it was a scam.

Being open about who you are will bring a lot more tolerance and willingness to grant the benefit of the doubt when and if problems arise.

Valid point

+1 Never really thought about it that way. All the more reason to get a mini bio of all of us there in the OP  Grin

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:48:27 PM

Yet you have some of the best graphic design and presentation I have seen in crypto. It just needs to translate into a matched degree of utility.

Anon transactions aren't actually that desirable after all it would seem, so you need to broaden the appeal of your coin instead of narrowing it down to the type of people who seem to want Anon, if you get what I mean.

Your willingness to post bios and show the community who you are speaks volumes for the likely validity of the project. So, after earning the community's trust this way, you should be able to talk freely about the planned development schedule along with inviting ideas and suggestions that can be considered. They don't all have to work, most of them might not move the market much, but your openness will allow you the time and freedom to try new things until you find the 'killer feature' that captures the market's attention.

Put it this way, I'm certainly willing to risk losing a few BTC on a dev team that might or might not succeed, if I know that they did so openly and with every intention of trying to bring this coin out of the doldrums. I think you'll find more people will give you the chance to work unencumbered by suspicion if they see that you are genuine in your good intentions.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:55:01 PM

Yet you have some of the best graphic design and presentation I have seen in crypto. It just needs to translate into a matched degree of utility.

Anon transactions aren't actually that desirable after all it would seem, so you need to broaden the appeal of your coin instead of narrowing it down to the type of people who seem to want Anon, if you get what I mean.

Your willingness to post bios and show the community who you are speaks volumes for the likely validity of the project. So, after earning the community's trust this way, you should be able to talk freely about the planned development schedule along with inviting ideas and suggestions that can be considered. They don't all have to work, most of them might not move the market much, but your openness will allow you the time and freedom to try new things until you find the 'killer feature' that captures the market's attention.

Put it this way, I'm certainly willing to risk losing a few BTC on a dev team that might or might not succeed, if I know that they did so openly and with every intention of trying to bring this coin out of the doldrums. I think you'll find more people will give you the chance to work unencumbered by suspicion if they see that you are genuine in your good intentions.

+1 for this post, very well written.
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

Well.. we kinda suck at marketing imho  Cheesy

*slow clap*

great post
CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:41:39 PM

Look at this team we are assembling here very exciting time to be PINK. And just my two cents on members of community doing projects outside of develpments control. They should be done in good taste at members expense kind of like the example Owl and Boxxa are doing. Pay it forward and the community will recognize your efforts and as we have seen you will be rewarded.
sumgye

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

What would help this coin, as would most that want to be seen as legit, is having a known Dev team who are willing to be open about who they are and what their background is.

Given the recent collapse of Silkcoin as yet another scammy operation, I think we are seeing a shift towards the market being far more comfortable with coins that have transparency about their project.

Vericoin leads the way in this regards and are reaping the benefit of their openness.

A bio on the OP for each team-member would be a good move.

This is something that is being worked on for sure. We'll all have bio's up once we can all be bothered to write one for ourselves. *cough me cough*

For what it's worth, with exactly one exception that I can think of, anyone that follows us on twitter or has read the dailypinkcoin can find our real names, and can probably figure out who is who without much difficulty. Like I said way back in the beginning - I'm not all that careful about hiding my own identity. As it turns out, that applies to the rest of the team.

Of course we all know exactly who we are as well, and there's a very good reason that Mr. Exception hasn't yet revealed his real name, but all will be revealed soon enough.
CryptoCayce

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:35:02 PM

First of all I would like to come in here an apologize for my absence in this thread, I am traveling internationally working on behalf of PINK and have had limited cpu and wifi availability. However my attention has been called to this thread, I have read all of the responses, and I feel compelled to pause and take the time to address this thread, the community, and Barabbas specifically with regard to your proposal.

We appreciate you brainstorming ways to help PINK grow on a global scale in what you perceive to be its best direction. Furthermore we appreciate you taking the time to approach us directly in IRC with your thoughts and provide us with your feedback and then following up with an elaborate and well-constructed PM to me that contained a broad scoped aggregate sample of your ideas along with a rough estimate of what you've determined is an adequate budget to achieve these goals and an example of what you feel like would be an acceptable commensurate compensation for your ideas and general oversight.

I would like to state now for the record that I will not be directly involved accepting any donations from the community on behalf of Barrabas or worldwide THINK BIG, THINK PINK. Since this is not my idea, project, nor do I have any direct involvement with the project or control over its oversight or implementation I will not be liable or responsible for any potential mishandling or misappropriations of funds whether real or perceived. It's just not my style.

In the interest of transparency I will include the totality of our PMs for the community to see so that there is no perceived deception or misinterpretation of our interactions:

Quote from: barabbas link=PM=
Hello Cayce,

Nice talking to you again on IRC. And congrats again of your entry on THE WALL OF HONOR.
You expressed interest in knowing details of what I envisioned as possible and achievable on PINKCOIN.  Here it is:

Target goal: Widespread mainstream adoption, of course. That would be long term (which in crypto means less than 2 years).

Steps:

1.- Massive promotion in social media and the internet in general, as well as in physical outlets, of the “THINK BIG: THINK PINK” Campaign. This is very easily achievable, would start immediately and, along with the slogan, will hammer the message that PINK is good and is the embodiment of fairness, freedom, love, integrity, compassion and generosity. In other words, what you have been doin only more orderly so and on a scale as big as possible.

As a direct consequence, PINKCOIN will only be associated with those terms through actions –including your own- that never include any negativity. Attacks will be ignored –or even praised-, criticisms will be welcomed and no matter who or what is posted, there will not be ANY negative reactions by people from the “core team” or closely associated with it.

2.- Outreach plan on action, starting immediately, consisting on contacting and getting the support of Corporations and Women and Gay and Lesbian organizations, from Hollywood to Melbourne, THINK PINK must be everywhere, supported by everyone and sponsored by as many corporations/organizations as possible.

This is, obviously, quite complicated and laborious to enact: There’s a period of evaluation of resources available (very short period), adjudication of tasks to volunteers, evolution follow up and enactment.

THINK BIG: THINK PINK is not just a slogan, it is a plan of action with long term awareness and adoption goals that include creation and/or sponsorship of all kinds of events and campaigns, from sports and recreation events all the way to the White House. And that is in America alone. The reach is worldwide and the concept applies to the entire world.

Or course all of this is not cheap and it’s progress and implementation will depend, naturally, on the willingness of the community to support  these efforts. I’ll give you a for instance that is already kind of in motions as per your words regarding the guy in Toronto. Nice and generous as the initiative is, I believe it will be a lot of resources not necessarily well spent. In my concept, a “Worldwide PINK DAY” designed to create a lot of media attention, celebrated in 10-12 of the biggest cities in the world, would be much more effective, with resources pulled for common infography, purpose and message. Imagine, fron Central Park to Hyde Park (London)  to El Retiro (Madrid) to the stairs of the Plaza de Espagna in Rome, to Tokyo to… Toronto and others, the same event. The same day. World PINK Day. Promotion materials given aways, cards with PINK in them, T-shirts… everything captured in photos and videos that will be uploaded to every madia in the internet from Instagaram to the PINK channel (to be created) on YouTube… And that’s not even counting local coverage in regular news outlets including TV. Remember: THINK BIG: THINK PINK.

So the question is what is the community prepared to do, to give to that fantastic, promising but uncertain trip? Money is needed. Quite a bit of it. The cards, the printed materials, the t-shirts, mail, transportation… and what’s the lure? The lure is money, losts of it. The vision is clear, is it supported? If it is, the sky is the limit, really. It all will come down to be willing to risk that 20+ million almost worthless coins could eventually be just 5 million of much more worthy ones. I know you have the concept quite clear but do the others? All or enough of them?

Simultaneous to this, on the technical side of things, every effort should be made to keep adopting only PROVEN features that are significant IN THE LONG TERM. Anon is NOT one of them. This is a CLEAN coin. Privacy is important but not as the expense of enabling  questionable behaviors. PINK doesn’t need nor want bad players. It isn’t just an alt coin, it is a philosophy and a set of values, hopefully wrapped up in a lifestyle defined by the core principles stated above. It doesn’t need to be the fastest,m although the more the better; it doesn’t need to be the most advanced, although the more the better –as long as it safeguards simplicity and ease of use-. It doesn’t need a lot of gimmicks and “features”; it does need to be easy and useful.

Anyway, I come from a background of finances, investment and media. I know what needs to be done and how to go about trying to get it done. And for the proper motivation –I need to safeguard income when I dedicate a lot of time- I am willing to embark on this adventure with a plan, a purpose and a timetable. I would do it if the compensation is conmesurate with the goals set and, above all, the budget can be set apart, starting with  WORLDWIDE PINK DAY. Hopefully the results would make much easier to continue rising funds for all subsequent steps.

Hopefully I have given you a clear snapshot of what I believe needs to be done to take PINCOIN out to Mainstreet and lifted to a whole different level. It is the first included in my WALL OF HONOR for a reason. I believe it can also be the first to be included as the coin of change to obtain all kinds of goods across the world and the carrier of an invaluable message toward achieve a much better world.

Best,
Barabbas
Quote from: CryptoCayce link=PM=
Quote from: CryptoCayce on June 18, 2014, 12:22:49 AM
oh wow, thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts into a message and share with me a clear snapshot of what you believe needs to be done to take PINCOIN out to Mainstreet and lifted to a whole different level.

I'm interested to hear more and had a few questions, particularly regarding this paragraph:

"Anyway, I come from a background of finances, investment and media. I know what needs to be done and how to go about trying to get it done. And for the proper motivation –I need to safeguard income when I dedicate a lot of time- I am willing to embark on this adventure with a plan, a purpose and a timetable. I would do it if the compensation is conmesurate with the goals set and, above all, the budget can be set apart, starting with  WORLDWIDE PINK DAY. Hopefully the results would make much easier to continue rising funds for all subsequent steps."

what sort of compensation would you deem to be commensurate for the large amount of time you plan to dedicate toward Pinkcoin?

how much time do you think you would need to dedicate to these projects for Pinkcoin in order to satisfactorily execute as to the goals you have in mind as you have outlined for me?

also just so there is clarity so that I may have the full scope of information when making a decision, what is your background in finance, investment, and media? what kind of projects did you participate in? what was your role in the projects?

I look forward to speaking with you further,

-Cayce
Quote from: barabbas link=PM=

Hi Cayce,

Thank you for responding quickly.

All these projects would need to be programmed and carried out in a series of steps, but to hit the ground running, the initial main one would require the biggest investment due to scope and outreach and because it would happen soonest -pressure in terms of time is enormous, for a bunch of reasons-, idealistically on July 20th as WORLDWIDE PINKCOIN DAY. Now, as I expressed in my previous PM, a lot of contacts would have been made by them with all kinds or organizations and corporations. Idealistically, some sponsorships would have been obtained but whatever funds due to sponsorships are collected they would be kept for future steps. First one has to be fully paid for by the community. And it is big: At least 10 top cities in the world should be targeted (more better) and, like I pointed out in my PM, minimal actual expenses are quite big, i.e: printed materials, transport, shipping expenses, t-shirts, cards... etc. All of those have to be paid in FIAT, of course. Now, target cities will include, besides Toronto if we can time the event there to coincide with WORLDWIDE PINKCOIN DAY: Los Angeles, New York, London, Madrid, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Munich, Moscow and Tokyo, at the minimum. More better. Obviously community involvement would be of enormous help, both budgetwise and to increase the number of cities covered. But just make the calculations and you will find that 20 t-shirts per city equals 200 shirts (I suggest a massive order of more than 1,000 units to not only cover this even but also raise funds by selling the rest ourselves and keep enough for future events, through a PINKCOIN SHOP--another part of the master plan). The printing materials, including a big banner per city and cards -maybe USB ones?-, are also costly and finally the mail expenses, the cost of shipping these materials to the organizers of the events in each city. I'll leave to you to figure out the costs of all these things. BESIDES those costs, organizers in each city should be compensated -when not volunteer members, in Pinkcoin, at the rate of 3 million pinkcoins per city. This is very modest and will provide extra incentive to the organizers to push the events and the ultimate success of the coin. My compensation for designing, directing, organizing -in Los Angeles-and promoting the event as well as contacting as many potential investors for this and subsequent events, would be 15 million pinkcoins.

I know the costs are significant but if you look at it from the perspective of the potential coverage -and more importantly- potential results, it is really pocket change in fiat. And if the results are even minimally successful, they should pay in spades at the marketplace.

As a follow up to the event, the organizers should take every advantage possible, especially of significant bounties, to facilitate the adoption of the coin by local establishments.

Please be aware that all of this does NOT include materials, goods and mail expenses and that another 500K pinkcoins per city should be given for public distribution (@ 1,000 per person) thus increasing the cost by approximately another 5 million pink coins.

And what will you get? At the very minimum a historic photographically (and videographically) documented worldwide event, an absolute first in Crypto, and a quite singular even, period with huge potential of local coverage in radio, TV and press and insured promotion through social media including the PINKCOIN CHANNEL non YouTube (to be created), plus coverage in the entire blogosphere in tech and crypto as well as the most respected media outlets, such a Wired or Coindesk, not to mention Yahoo news and many others. Expected massive adoption by at the very least a high percentage of new people to crypto that will be lured by the 1,000 gifts. Some potential adoption by local merchants that would be promoted and included in the database of merchants that accept Pink Coin in exchange for goods and services. And last but by no means least, the extremely valuable potential sponsorship of corporations and organizations at the local, national and worldwide level.

By comparison, Blackcoin recently hired a PR company that will do very little more that distribute three press releases in 90 days for a cost of $30K plus. Also the whole thing would more than pay for itself if it means that the price of Pink Coin rises by a mere 15-20%. I point this out to put things in a bit of perspective. 

I hope this will give you a general vision of what this huge event could be and could mean and, also, the sense or urgency to get with it as soon as possible for we are dealing with Crypto time, which is a much faster proposition than regular time.

Regarding the paragraph quote and your questions, I have been a private investor and adviser since the late 90s after a successful career in international journalism with plenty of exposure to media PR campaigns by the likes or Marlboro and many Hollywood movies among many others. But I want to make it perfectly clear that what I bring to the table is the general vision, the ideas, the concept and design of the execution, the pre and post promotion and the direct involvement in some of the petitions for sponsorships. No inflated promises. No personal contacts with never ending promises and no real results. Just the work in one specific direction and toward specific goals, the bulk of them to be achieved within a very short period of time, and on to the next one.

Thanks again,

Barabbas.

I have not had the time to respond to your PM due to me having so many questions and the lack of time and resources I've had while traveling internationally However since I've had time to reflect I feel I can effectively summarize my personal opinion and stance on your proposal and in the interest of transparency I will respond in this public forum:

You have come to us with this great, wide reaching, big picture idea that has equally great costs associated with it not only from a resource costs with what you've suggested ie shirts, cards, free coins, hired talent, etc but also from a compensation standpoint for your time, effort, energy to develop and oversee this idea. If I read this correctly you are essentially asking the Pinkcoin community, well first me and the other devs directly, for:
Barrabas Compensation
   1.  15,000,000 Pinkcoin or ~4.1% of the total coin supply of PINK
   2. $5,000 FIAT
   ** tho you have referenced in this thread ur desire for 50,000,000 PINK  or ~14% of the total coin supply

EVENT FEES:
   1. 60,000,000 PINK or ~16.5% of coin supply = 3,000,000 PINK per city event organizer *~20 cities
   2. 1,000,000 PINK or 0.365% of coin supply = 1000 PINK on 1000 transparent wallet USB cards
   3. $3,700 FIAT + shipping = 1000 USB Wallet Cards
   4. ~$10,000 + shipping= 1000 tshirts

In addition to other arbitrary and vague costs that may be associated.

Essentially you've asked for between 21-34% of the total supply of Pinkcoin PLUS an estimated $16,000-$20,000 in FIAT in community donations to achieve your goal while providing nothing more than vague imaginative statements about your work experience and projects you've worked on to justify such steep compensation while openly stating, very clearly and explicitly, that you will not do this without compensation, you need to be paid to participate.

As I've already mentioned to you in IRC and have reiterated in my posts and tweets: the culture of Pinkcoin is to lead by example and act in what you believe to be Pinkcoin's best interest and share what you've done with the community. Crypto0wl, jyap, and Boxxa are al prime examples of community members donating their time, energy, and effort for the greater good of Pinkcoin and the community. Crypto0wl got 2 real world merchants to accept Pinkcoin and got us those USB card wallets, jyap wrote an unbiased and honest audit of PINK source code and blockchain and released it to the people,  while Boxxa has created wallet.pink, promoted PINK in person at satoshi square, and most recently created a bad ass SMS sending capability function for PINK.
Additionally I have expressed to you that CountOfMonteCrypto has approached me privately and has purchased nearly our entire order of 100 USB wallets and is going to Dundas Square in Toronto with prefilled USB cards and PINK tshirts with a crew of his female friends and spread the Pinkcoin message of love, all funded entirely by him, and he's doing it in silence without asking for a single donation. That is a living embodiment of the Pinkcoin culture that we have created and will continue to encourage and support.

While I think your idea is great and has a lot of valid points and could benefit PINK on its path to widespread global adoption I don't think the approach is aligned with the Pinkcoin culture. If the community wants to support your effort in making this happen that is completely cool with me however I suggest if you would like to actually see it happen that you make a gesture of good faith to the community and take the first step or two of action yourself to encourage participation of other community members who will follow suit. I know that would inspire me to participate.

gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:51:10 PM

Barrabas Compensation
   1.  15,000,000 Pinkcoin or ~4.1% of the total coin supply of PINK
   2. $5,000 FIAT
   ** tho you have referenced in this thread ur desire for 50,000,000 PINK  or ~14% of the total coin supply

EVENT FEES:
   1. 60,000,000 PINK or ~16.5% of coin supply = 3,000,000 PINK per city event organizer *~20 cities
   2. 1,000,000 PINK or 0.365% of coin supply = 1000 PINK on 1000 transparent wallet USB cards
   3. $3,700 FIAT + shipping = 1000 USB Wallet Cards
   4. ~$10,000 + shipping= 1000 tshirts

HELL NO

Not only is this such an unreasonable thing to ASK of a community and not to GIVE, but this is coming from barabbas / IE's shill, a known scammer.

HELL NO
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:19:10 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 05:40:46 PM by (oYo)

Look at this team we are assembling here very exciting time to be PINK. And just my two cents on members of community doing projects outside of develpments control. They should be done in good taste at members expense kind of like the example Owl and Boxxa are doing. Pay it forward and the community will recognize your efforts and as we have seen you will be rewarded.

+1

It's nice to see people taking the initiative and doing something for the benefit of the Pink community. I believe, if you have a vested interest in PINK your good work will pay for itself by the value it bestows upon the coin in the marketplace. Not only that, it's been proven time and time again, if the PINK community likes what you've done they quite often show their appreciation in the form of tips.

Conversely when someone comes to this thread saying, "hurry, act now and I need to be paid for my efforts before I will do anything" and then goes on to make outrageous predictions of how people and media will react to their plan and even it's ability to influence politics in a way that will be a deciding factor on who sits on the throne for the next 4 years is just asinine and tbh seems a bit shady. To barabbas and any other people like this I'd like to say, if you believe in PINK then by all means put forth your ideas to the community, drop the delusions of grandeur and let the community and devs decide in their own time what's the best course of action. Having said all that, I actually like the ideas you, barabbas, have put forth. I just don't like the way you have been presenting them to the community in the form of ultimatums along with the predictions made regarding the reception they would receive by the masses.

Anyways, kudos to everyone who has stepped up and contributed towards the success of PINK whether it be in form of adding new features, writing articles, presenting new ideas or just showing their appreciation and giving support towards the people involved in making PINK the better choice.

<edit> I've just PM'd CountOfMonteCrypto to offer him some help with his promotion if he needs it.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:03:43 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:28:51 PM by barabbas

Thank you Cayce for your answer. A simple no would have sufficed and saved quite a bit of unnecessary budgeting and considerations but I indeed appreciate the time and effort you invested in your post.

Since, obviously, without the full, generous, dedicated and enthusiastic support of the dev team, it could not possibly be carried out, the proposal is, as of right now, withdrawn.

A few considerations though, I want to make perfectly clear for future reference:

1.- I don't accept donations. When I listed Pinkcoin as the first and so far only entry in my WALL OF HONOR, you generously offered and I repeatedly declined. I also stated clearly in the interest of full disclosure, that I was not invested at the time in Pinkcoin and that I planned to buy a modest stake in the future... which I eventually did.

2.- Consequently, I will never receive donations from the community. The proposal was contingent on you, specifically, being the individual in charge of those community donations and purchase of materials and other expenses, while I wouldn't have access to a single penny, other than payment for my services.

3.- As pointed out to you in the PMs, although the math was not the final definitive numbers, the approximation called for a significant investment by the community. The % could be more (likely) or less (unlikely) than the 16+% you calculate. The scope of the project is what it is and, under ANY and ALL measures, the price tag is minimal in fact, under ANY and ALL measures, I repeat. Once again, as stated in the PM, it was a decision which called to go for having less coins in your wallets, but potentially much more valuable, or remain stagnant and continue being a nice coin but one more in a very crowded environment.

4.- I believe that to achieve results people need -and deserve- to be paid. It's a labor philosophy -I am a Union man- that through my professional life I have found it works. While volunteerism is great, you cannot rightfully expect -much less demand- dedication from people if you don't pay them for their work. In this regard it is of interest to mention that the proposed 3 million pink to be paid to every organizer in every city amounts to 1.5 BTC, at current rate around $800, which I find beyond modest consideration for what would have been, among many other things, a job of several days implicating at minimum two other people, plus transports and expenses, and photography-videography expenses, plus actual contact to local media and local merchants. That on a city-by-city basis. Like I said, I believed it is an insignificant consideration -but enough to be able to demand compliance with directions AND results-. Obviously my "selling point" to them would have been their actual investment in pinkcoin which, as a result, would rise the price of that payment AND convert them and all their friends to our culture and promotion of Pinkcoin. All in all, getting for the minimal investment spades, literally, in return. Win-win and then win, situation.

5.- As the organizer of the Hollywood event, I would have been the recipient of those 3 million coins myself, on top of the requested 15 million. Again, 15 million, at current fiat rate, would amount to 7.5 BTC or, more or less, just over $4,000. That is not just minimum payment for the work planned that would require not only to guide and organize the strategy and logistics of the WORLD PINK DAY, weeks of it, but literally many hundreds of calls, meetings, reports and many other miscellaneous activities not only for the specific worldwide event but also for the future subsequent promotional activities of Pinkcoin. Specifically it would imply, also, the creation and maintenance of a real Facebook page, which we don't have except nominally, therefore alienating and not making any use of the biggest community in the world, an Instagram account, and a PINK Channel on YouTube. That besides, of course, collecting and promoting whatever (regular) media coverage was achieved -I expected a significant amount- to include in a promotional dossier that, in future endeavors -including WORLD PINK DAY 2015, would have granted us plenty of sponsorships. In the very short run, the event was designed not only to pay for itself in spades by outright influencing the price of the coin in the market but also, and more importantly, by achieving numerous specific sponsorships going from the PinkChannel (direct advertising) to the actual banners and subsequent events by both organizations and manufacturers, never mind the actual massive inflow of new adopters, both as users/investors and, most particularly, as merchants accepting payment in Pinkcoin in the top cities of the planet.

6.- Again in my experience, the whole modest budget was a minimal necessity for any progress to be achieved. You cannot approach, for instance, the worldwide marketing director of Avon Cosmetics with a half-assed, volunteer proposal of a not funded event anywhere. Well, actually you probably can but I guarantee you  you will never pass the assistant of his/her assistant level and obtain a polite "pass". It's the difference between serious and professional and amateurish and unreliable. Serious companies don't take chances. My proposal included to expected sponsorship of pretty big companies at the international and at the local levels.

In conclusion, I believed I presented a very, very modest budget for a huge worldwide event of enormous proportions and repercussions, both in the very short term and much more so with a farther future vision. I welcome the challenge by anyone, anyone at all, to try to pull it off  in whatever measure and by whatever means and, as an investor in Pinkcoin, would be glad to support such effort with enthusiasm myself. The proposal is effectively withdrawn, but the idea and even some guidance specifics, remain there for anyone who wants to carry it out. I definitely encourage everyone in this community to THINK BIG. THINK PINK.

A good idea, and proposal, is a terrible thing to waste.

Thank you and best always.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:24:27 PM

+1

It's nice to see people taking the initiative and doing something for the benefit of the Pink community. I believe, if you have a vested interest in PINK your good work will pay for itself by the value it bestows upon the coin in the marketplace. Not only that, it's been proven time and time again, if the PINK community likes what you've done they quite often show their appreciation in the form of tips.

Conversely when someone comes to this thread saying, "hurry, act now and I need to be paid for my efforts before I will do anything" and then goes on to make outrageous predictions of how people and media will react to their plan and even it's ability to influence politics in a way that will be a deciding factor on who sits on the throne for the next 4 years is just asinine and tbo seems a bit shady. To barabbas and any other people like this I'd like to say, if you believe in PINK then by all means put forth your ideas to the community, drop the delusions of grandeur and let the community and devs decide in their own time what's the best course of action. Having said all that, I actually like the ideas you, barabbas, have put forth. I just don't like the way you have been presenting them to the community in the form of ultimatums along with the predictions made regarding the reception they would receive by the masses.

Anyways, kudos to everyone who has stepped up and contributed towards the success of PINK whether it be in form of adding new features, writing articles, presenting new ideas or just showing their appreciation and giving support towards the people involved in making PINK the better choice.

<edit> I've just PM'd CountOfMonteCrypto to offer him some help with his promotion if he needs it.

The slogan of the whole campaign was THINK BIG. THINK PINK. And that, obviously is not something everyone is capable of. You obviously are entitled to your opinion but considering that I don't know who you are and I have decades worth of international media experience, I believe I am entitled to make "predictions" -to the extent that were made- that are anything but "outrageous". As for the ability of my plan to influence politics, again, you prove to have a very small concept of what was implied in the plan and outright lack of knowledge in the matter. For your illustration, results in the US at the State level and also at the National level, are not just influenced but wholly determined by the votes of a few in the minorities... precisely the natural niche target constituency of Pink, "the good guys coin". Not to mention the obvious: Women and Gay and Lesbian communities. Most decisively, the so far practically untapped Latino market which my plan contemplated to fully and decisively target, in their own language. Again, ignorance doesn't equal criticism, just arbitrary ramblings, sorry.

I really don't want to get worked out by ignorant posts, I want to remain above such. And it is taking quite a big effort on behalf of Pink and a community and leadership that I admire and respect as repeatedly evidenced, but I have to really point out the "seems a bit shady" gratuitous consideration. In which way exactly? From the get go, I have publicly stated that I a) will not touch a cent of donations personally and b) that part of the proposal would have needed to be carried out by the trusted members of the dev team, more specifically, Cayce. What is the "shady" part of it, specifically? It seems to me quite idiotic and outright offensive to me personally to post such stupidity and, if you don't mind, I demand a retraction from you. And an apology.

You continue on to praise other efforts, including "kudos" to people who "write articles"... No one, so far, has written any articles about Pinkcoin that I know of. Those guys posting stuff about Pinkcoin on their blog, are not writing any articles, they are publishing their pandering claims instead. You surely must know what is journalism or "article writing" and plain outright pandering pleas to obtain requested donations. It is about time to really think Pink, be nice and BE TRUTHFUL. The philosophy of Pink also implies  responsibilities toward truth and honesty, otherwise we risk "seeming a bit shady".
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:50:16 PM

After Reading and reflecting I am no longer supporting Barabbas and his plans for 20th july.
Everyone who is willing to help PINK should do it For free, and it is up to dev to decide if they want to give something for the help.
i dont think we should support Barabbas idea.

I Can if dev wants deliver t shirts USB and everything Else to people in capita log Sweden to get peoples attention for PINK for free.

Regards Anoxy
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:57:57 PM

After Reading and reflecting I am no longer supporting Barabbas and his plans for 20th july.
Everyone who is willing to help PINK should do it For free, and it is up to dev to decide if they want to give something for the help.
i dont think we should support Barabbas idea.

I Can if dev wants deliver t shirts USB and everything Else to people in capita log Sweden to get peoples attention for PINK for free.

Regards Anoxy

Anoxy, the "idea" (proposal, rather) has been withdrawn already, it is not up for consideration any longer.
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

I demand a retraction from you. And an apology.
Not only is your ego overinflated, but you do indeed seem to be a shady character. (Even your username is shady.) Instead of moving forward and taking a few steps on your own with your plan (as a show of good faith) as suggested by the dev team, the fact that you felt you had to make a withdrawal of your proposal only accentuates the fact that you cannot be trusted. The fact that you are plagued by people who don't trust you everywhere you go only solidifies my suspicions. Therefore I stand by my post and will continue to praise and give kudos to everyone that I feel deserves it and expose those whom I am skeptical of.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

Not only is your ego overinflated, but you do indeed seem to be a shady character. (Even your username is shady.) Instead of moving forward and taking a few steps on your own with your plan (as a show of good faith) as suggested by the dev team, the fact that you felt you had to make a withdrawal of your proposal only accentuates the fact that you cannot be trusted. The fact that you are plagued by people who don't trust you everywhere you go only solidifies my suspicions. Therefore I stand by my post and will continue to praise and give kudos to everyone that I feel deserves it and expose those whom I am skeptical of.

People's perceptions are not of my incumbence.

It is regrettable that your stupid considerations cannot be diminished by an attitude that reinforces their quality. To each his own.
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:55:31 PM

People's perceptions are not of my incumbence.

It is regrettable that your stupid considerations cannot be diminished by an attitude that reinforces their quality. To each his own.

A sharp tongue is no indication of a keen mind. Although I'd like to see things from your point of view, I just can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:09:13 AM

Thanks for the kudos Cayce but I wanted to be a ninja too. Barabbas i believe you are a very intelligent person and could be right about all your claims. Here at pinkcoin thread we treat each other with RESPECT. I don't like the way you address the community as a whole and don't like how you do not care how you are perceived in this community. Cayce is our leader and that is because he leads by example. We are looking for other people that want to lead by example. Your ideas are great and you have added to the discussion some avenues that are very explorable. This coin cannot have a backstep you are right we are in a sea of other coins. But the leadership group has given us a clear path through the sea and it includes being completely transparent to investors and clearly avoiding a scandal (actual or perceived). The developers work hard to better the coin with no salary or compensation of any kind. This is the lead by example spirit that has excited and motivated the core team to take initiative. You have taken a much different approach and I personally am not interested in working with you. This is a very welcoming community and the fact that many in the community are so vehemently opposed to any association to you in any way has made up my mind. Pinkers let's stay positive.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:20:11 AM

Barabass do yourself a favor and stick to these threads where you actually support the coin. Why do you go on other threads and write posts (I should say essays and short books) belittling the coin and developers. If you don't like a particular coin, leave it alone..why do you keep bashing it with your long sophisticated rhetoric? For anybody wondering what Im talking about, visit the VRC thread. He also did the same thing with Cinni.

In short, if you dont like some other coin, then stay away. What is your agenda of relentless negativity?
If you like and want to support a particular coin (in this case pink coin), then cool, stick this coin and thread. Like some people have mentioned here already, get your head out of your ass. Look in a mirror before you start your self righteous bashing campaigns on other threads.

sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:18:34 AM

Damn... that was pretty close!!

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: