Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206973 times)
ymod123

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:06:51 AM

Absolute bullshit on Pinkwars....Who controls the site?

How come tonight when I get out bid the site goes down for the exact amount of time that it takes for me to lose?? Happened three times tonight the last time I lost 700K coins because the site went down for 1:20. 

NEVER PLAYING THERE AGAIN if your guna pull this cheap shit.  Ridiculous

Yeah pretty much same thing happened to me but not as severe. And guess who it was against you im down over 600k pinkcoin to you. was in some massive pots as the leader 840k royal 670k royal and 100k+classic all of which the timer ran out on me. So in my opinion coingobbler is even. i did not time out for as long but the strategy is to bid in the last second so i missed some key bids. I was not sure if this was my internet or what but now that this issue was raised just thought i would let you know. sorry to rain on you announcement. Thanks for being open as always.

whats the site.. i like to play too
is some people use sniping program?
wars.pink good luck don't play with what you cant lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:13:47 AM

Alright guys, regarding wars.pink and the most recent events.

We have thoroughly looked through our logs, and can clearly tell that a single user has been causing outages.

This screenshot is an example of the DDoS attack. In the highlighted (red box) section, you can see that the requested URL increments +1, +1, +1... This means that someone has a script running in a loop which is sending the site continuous requests which cause lag and disconnection.

We would prefer not releasing the name of this user, as they will know themselves that they have been caught, and that is enough for us.

However, this user has done it many times, and taken some coins unfairly from quite a few of you. I am going to leave it up to the community to come up with some ways to correct this.

Some possible solutions are:
  • Let this person withdraw only what they deposited and ban the account
  • Hold all their coins, and ban the account
  • Find all the games this individual won, and reward the winnings to their opposition as a result of disqualification.
  • Ignore the offender, and do nothing.

We are open to other solutions/suggestions, as stated we leave this up to all of you.

Also, we have made webserver modifications to prevent this in the future and are looking into bigger and better solutions.

BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:15:05 AM

Absolute bullshit on Pinkwars....Who controls the site?

How come tonight when I get out bid the site goes down for the exact amount of time that it takes for me to lose?? Happened three times tonight the last time I lost 700K coins because the site went down for 1:20. 

NEVER PLAYING THERE AGAIN if your guna pull this cheap shit.  Ridiculous

Yeah pretty much same thing happened to me but not as severe. And guess who it was against you im down over 600k pinkcoin to you. was in some massive pots as the leader 840k royal 670k royal and 100k+classic all of which the timer ran out on me. So in my opinion coingobbler is even. i did not time out for as long but the strategy is to bid in the last second so i missed some key bids. I was not sure if this was my internet or what but now that this issue was raised just thought i would let you know. sorry to rain on you announcement. Thanks for being open as always.

If the site was DDOSed and the logs show that it was attacked during our match (I know it wasn't me and it wouldn't make sense for you to time yourself out) then I am happy to forfeit 600k of the 700K coins as it is not a fair playing field.  When you say the timer ran out, I am not talking about it delaying and quickly winding down my issue was actual error messages popping up on the screen saying the site wasn't available.  If it was your own internet then that it is bad luck but not the fault of the site.  Like Fayoling stated it should have had protection against ddos attacks, as the community are essential trusting the site to have security in place (since it is a game based on time).  If you were being kicked out of the site and received error messages for the duration left on the clock then why didn't you post or notified the owners via the board, IRC or PM, as this is very suspicious for this kind of game and could have prevented future losses in the same manner.

I read the last couple lines as a personal attack and I am not sure why you choose to attack me.  I lost matches by mistiming my clicks or not paying attention and since you never posted any info in regards to this issue how am I supposed to know if the site got attacked and that was the reason you lost your coins as this was the first night I received this kind of error.  My "announcement" was to raise flags about suspicious behaviour on the site so I am not sure about how you are raining on it.  I stated I have been playing for a few days and more information was shared with Fayoling in sorting out the issue on IRC, as far as I know I was the first to bring it to their attention and address a real security concerns.

BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

We have thoroughly looked through our logs, and can clearly tell that a single user has been causing outages.

This screenshot is an example of the DDoS attack. In the highlighted (red box) section, you can see that the requested URL increments +1, +1, +1... This means that someone has a script running in a loop which is sending the site continuous requests which cause lag and disconnection.

We would prefer not releasing the name of this user, as they will know themselves that they have been caught, and that is enough for us.

However, this user has done it many times, and taken some coins unfairly from quite a few of you. I am going to leave it up to the community to come up with some ways to correct this.

• Find all the games this individual won, and reward the winnings to their opposition as a result of disqualification.

We are open to other solutions/suggestions, as stated we leave this up to all of you.

Also, we have made webserver modifications to prevent this in the future and are looking into bigger and better solutions.

Awesome work Fayoling!

I vote this:
+ban there account

0wl

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

Awesome work Fayoling!

I vote this:
+ban there account

i vote return the amount they deposited and only that.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:07:19 AM

I vote for those two.
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:07:39 AM

Awesome work Fayoling!

I vote this:
+ban there account

My vote is the same as BEECoinFan's. Clearly the violator was purposefully cheating and this kind of behavior is simply unacceptable and unbecoming of the PinkArmy.

CryptoCayce

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:57:20 AM

I'm just catching up and wanted to chime in on a few things:

1. Boxxa you're a legend bro, thanks for all you're doing for Pinkcoin from wallet.pink to sms sending and helping connect Pinkcoin w/ so many great people.

2. IT'S PINKCOIN. end of discussion. our ticker symbol is PINK, please feel free to refer to it as such but we will not be working against ourselves rebranding a great brand into a deep ocean of noise when we have an amazing and obviously differentiated and self explanatory name w/ a great nickname

3. what I believe is the best course of action to deal with the malicious ddos attacker who was defrauding unwitting fellow Pinkcoin community members is simple:
we should return to him only his initial deposit amount and ban his wallet and all known associated wallet addresses as well as his IP address & mac address.
this person should not be returned any winning that were won in non ddos games or "fair games" as it is clear his intention is was to cheat the community and the system and was likely attempting to, unsuccessfully, from the beginning and should not benefit in any way.

In the interest of full disclosure I feel I should let the community know that I personally lost a few hundred thousand to this person, while I do not feel my opinion to be bias I think it is best the community know all of the information.

Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:18:05 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I vote for:

Find all the games this individual won, and reward the winnings to their opposition as a result of disqualification.

Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:19:57 AM

I'm just wondering what can be done to stop him from changing his name and trying again. I guess if you don't give him any coins its not profitable for him to try again.
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:24:58 AM

I'm just wondering what can be done to stop him from changing his name and trying again. I guess if you don't give him any coins its not profitable for him to try again.

We have already put some defensive mechanisms in place to prevent this in the future. We also included better tracking in the event that someone even attempts it, we will know.

SpockSkywalker

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:24:14 AM

Can anyone help me pleasse? I keep trying to load my wallet buy it says Error loading blkindex.dat? I have it backed up on a flashdrive. Im using Windows.
tranzium

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:38:08 AM

Can anyone help me pleasse? I keep trying to load my wallet buy it says Error loading blkindex.dat? I have it backed up on a flashdrive. Im using Windows.

1) Go to > %appdata%/pinkcoin < via the address bar (accessible by opening any folder)
2) Move wallet.dat anywhere else (ex. the desktop)
3) Delete everything in the folder
4) Move wallet.dat back into the folder
5) Restart Pinkcoin wallet

Have had this a few times now.
Pinker

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:22:45 AM

Did I say I was going to drop a bomb? And as previously promised, it is being announced earlier than we would have normally shared a project.

We have been working behind the scenes on a new system, and are now very comfortable in saying this will be coming to Pinkcoin soon.

The PDF below is more of a "concept" written article as we would really like this system to give back to investors in a different way; for the long term. So we came up with, what we feel is a good foundation for the community to build on and suggest changes and/or ideas before we finalize that part of this project.

So here it is, your introduction to Pay With PINK, and the PINK payment engine.
Read more here: PDF -> http://crypto.pink/wip/paywithpink.pdf

https://i.imgur.com/HrDWNjb.png

Soon, any vendor that accepts PayPal, will be able to accept PINK!
https://i.imgur.com/tPr5dQV.png

Well, that is something. Sounds freaking cool. Good job again! Looking forward to giving it a try.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:50:37 AM

Will the pay with pink engine be integrate into the wallet also?

SpockSkywalker

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:17:03 AM

Did I say I was going to drop a bomb? And as previously promised, it is being announced earlier than we would have normally shared a project.

We have been working behind the scenes on a new system, and are now very comfortable in saying this will be coming to Pinkcoin soon.

The PDF below is more of a "concept" written article as we would really like this system to give back to investors in a different way; for the long term. So we came up with, what we feel is a good foundation for the community to build on and suggest changes and/or ideas before we finalize that part of this project.

So here it is, your introduction to Pay With PINK, and the PINK payment engine.
Read more here: PDF -> http://crypto.pink/wip/paywithpink.pdf

https://i.imgur.com/HrDWNjb.png

Soon, any vendor that accepts PayPal, will be able to accept PINK!
https://i.imgur.com/tPr5dQV.png

Holy Cow! Yeah you just dropped an Atom Bomb with that. You ARE FUCKING TITS! THank you fayoling may all other altcoins bow to your all powerful wisdom! ALL HAIL THE PINK!
axsdf

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:23:18 AM

yeah! PinkCoin Reborn!
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:29:39 AM

Guys, still waiting on your Bio information. You'll need to have transparency if you want the media to see you as potentially equating to the sort of project team that VRC has. Value-added services are where it's at right now, but you can't remain anonymous if you want people to believe that you have both the commitment and the vision to take this coin forward.

VRC, as well as yourselves, have found that Anon services are extremely under-utilised, so in order for you to be able to bring to bear newer utility-based function, which will often have to begin life as somewhat centralised add-ons, even if they might eventually be made fully p2p, there has to be a great deal of trust put in your credibility.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
SpockSkywalker

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:50:00 AM

Guys, still waiting on your Bio information. You'll need to have transparency if you want the media to see you as potentially equating to the sort of project team that VRC has. Value-added services are where it's at right now, but you can't remain anonymous if you want people to believe that you have both the commitment and the vision to take this coin forward.

VRC, as well as yourselves, have found that Anon services are extremely under-utilised, so in order for you to be able to bring to bear newer utility-based function, which will often have to begin life as somewhat centralised add-ons, even if they might eventually be made fully p2p, there has to be a great deal of trust put in your credibility.

Does anybody have BiO information on the creator of Bitcoin?
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:04:25 PM

Does anybody have BiO information on the creator of Bitcoin?

Yeah, thanks for the useful contribution to the issue there. We already discussed the dev team going public earlier in the thread, you know, before you turned up, apologies if we didn't wait for your arrival.

So, two points, firstly, the Pinkcoin team already acknowledged it would be a good idea for a number of reasons and, secondly, Bitcoin didn't gain wider adoption until non-anonymous professionals got involved in developing it further after Satoshi's exit stage-left.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: