Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206973 times)
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:54:39 AM

LOL... lemme put a voice to that image Smiley

"Are you not entertained?" - Russel Crowe

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:47:35 AM

With all do respect. I am do not think a world pink day would have all that much effect. Witness the dogecoin nascar it didn't really even raise dogcoin at all.  IMO the number one feature any coin needs to be in use everyday is a way to use it via sms. That way the area's that are underdeveloped can use it as a currency without having a smart phone. Read about farmers in Kenya using the cell phones company's sms payment system for example. I am sure Pinkcoins fee's could come in well below any cell company's charges.

Steve

Well Steve, thank you for the respect but, likewise, I don't believe you really chose a comparative that can apply, even remotely. DOGE sponsoring a nascar that doesn't even place provides a minimal exposure of something the world population knows nothing about. Bringing Pinkcoin to the world that doesn't know what crypto is, much less Pinkcoin, is something entirely different. It comes with cards that are valued in money, crypto money. They will download, install and use wallets with money in them, quite a different proposition that watching a dog face painted in a car that never got anywhere and the 99.99% of the people who actually spotted it, wouldn't even give a second thought to it.

The media, some of it, will publish stories about the event and explain what it is to the curious readers that  have no idea about it. Merchants would actually be contacted and offered bounties for accepting Pink payments. Organizations across the globe, such as as clothing, jewelry, beauty products and much more, will be contacted, along with others such as women organizations, professionals and not, gay and lesbian organizations... the list is endless. There will be tennis tournaments sponsored in association with the WTA and other foreign federations... Anyway it is way too vast for you to compare it to put a doggie face on an obscure nascar vehicle. It's, I'd say, another world entirely.

But, of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, everyone is. But just think about this: Do you think that it could rise the price of Pink by 20%? If that is the case, it will mean an instant gain of 73 million Pinks for a cost probably around there when all is said and done. Everything else, in way of prestige, popularity and subsequent benefits, will be gravy for free.

But perhaps you prefer just do nothing and let it gain adoption by itself, there are all kinds of thinking, of course. And all are valid.
Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:04:04 AM

Well since there hasn't been any SMS updates from a particular coins, I guess I will post some working screen shots of the sms gateway I have been working on in parallel with wallet.PINK.

Sorry for the last minute screen shots. I had to remove a lot of debug code in the messages and I will have more details this week but since people want to see developments, here is a development.

Initiator cell phone with a loaded balance on their address:
Tweet with image: https://twitter.com/boxxa/status/481668525342617600
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq86969CQAI9ySW.png

The person receiving gets a SMS from the gateway notifying them they have a balance. They can send and treat it as a wallet or just cash it out to their local wallet.
Tweet with image: https://twitter.com/boxxa/status/481669529383481344
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq874lcIYAA3_ke.png

Oh and this was a working transaction. Here is the tx on the block chain for the cash out.
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/pc/tx.dws?9e6a2979e855a5c87b78ee1d61daa2ab154c25bfb1530163f19d66968aa1a258.htm

Roadmap and untested features:
-Clean up the code - This is still beta but wanted to show that this is a WORKING SMS gateway.
-Passcodes - Don't want to leave wallets only out there with phone number auth. (not in this demo but day 1 feature)
-Cost mitigation - SMS does cost money so there will be the challenge to run this without going broke while not deterring people from using it due to fees.
-Fully encrypted database - remove any element of trust on the host. Keys used in messages decrypt phone numbers preventing anyone from watching the DB for users numbers. In beta but planned for initial release.
-Burner wallets - Wallet IDs are tied to numbers. After a TX confirms outbound, wallets can be set to delete to prevent any trace of cell phone -> wallet
-QR Codes - ADDQR sends QR code of wallet. This allows someone to send you PC by scanning your phone. Probably phase 2 as there is no native client for PINK yet.
-Integration with anon.PINK - Probably phase 2 but fully possible with this current code.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FsqJFIJ5lLs/0.jpg

Holly Mama Pink! Guess I'll have to buy more PINK to send tip also to boxxa! But there ain't no address..

Just a question out of curiosity, is there a technical way how to avoid the necessity of entering the complicated wallet address, apart from QR code? Say something like giving your address a nick and be able to use that instead. Of course, QR is the best - no mistype and that stuff, but being able to nick your address would give it more human feel for non techies when it comes to the use of masses, where PINK is heading.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:26:37 AM

Well since there hasn't been any SMS updates from a particular coins, I guess I will post some working screen shots of the sms gateway I have been working on in parallel with wallet.PINK.

Sorry for the last minute screen shots. I had to remove a lot of debug code in the messages and I will have more details this week but since people want to see developments, here is a development.

The person receiving gets a SMS from the gateway notifying them they have a balance. They can send and treat it as a wallet or just cash it out to their local wallet.

Oh and this was a working transaction. Here is the tx on the block chain for the cash out.
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/pc/tx.dws?9e6a2979e855a5c87b78ee1d61daa2ab154c25bfb1530163f19d66968aa1a258.htm

-Clean up the code - This is still beta but wanted to show that this is a WORKING SMS gateway.
-Passcodes - Don't want to leave wallets only out there with phone number auth. (not in this demo but day 1 feature)
-Cost mitigation - SMS does cost money so there will be the challenge to run this without going broke while not deterring people from using it due to fees.
-Fully encrypted database - remove any element of trust on the host. Keys used in messages decrypt phone numbers preventing anyone from watching the DB for users numbers. In beta but planned for initial release.
-Burner wallets - Wallet IDs are tied to numbers. After a TX confirms outbound, wallets can be set to delete to prevent any trace of cell phone -> wallet
-QR Codes - ADDQR sends QR code of wallet. This allows someone to send you PC by scanning your phone. Probably phase 2 as there is no native client for PINK yet.
-Integration with anon.PINK - Probably phase 2 but fully possible with this current code.

Very nice!
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:49:25 AM

You have done a freaking awesome job, good job Smiley I am really looking forward to to SMS feature Smiley
0wl

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:56:38 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq86969CQAI9ySW.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq874lcIYAA3_ke.png

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FsqJFIJ5lLs/0.jpg

Amazing work Boxxa!  Smiley Great to see you taking the initiative!
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:37:44 AM

Don't forget to vote people... to keep or remove the "coin" from the name. All marketing material and venues, pink day or not, will reflect the poll result.

PINKCOIN RENAMING POLL... LAST DAY!!

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
j4gbit

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:15:22 AM

is there a pink multipool? If there was i'd be pointing to it.
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:27:39 AM

is there a pink multipool? If there was i'd be pointing to it.

yes there is, http://coinking.io/register.php?r=8848

please read the first post and you will see everything related to pink.

regards
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:01:55 AM

New small PinKCoin article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/pinkcoin-anonymous-sms-gateway-will-include-qr-code-support-burner-wallets

Please share Smiley
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:59:01 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 01:32:45 PM by boxxa

Holly Mama Pink! Guess I'll have to buy more PINK to send tip also to boxxa! But there ain't no address..

Just a question out of curiosity, is there a technical way how to avoid the necessity of entering the complicated wallet address, apart from QR code? Say something like giving your address a nick and be able to use that instead. Of course, QR is the best - no mistype and that stuff, but being able to nick your address would give it more human feel for non techies when it comes to the use of masses, where PINK is heading.
I don't do this for tips but appreciate the love. If you want to tip, I only take lotto tickets since part of it goes to charity and anything on there I use to spend more on tickets for other people in kinda that pay-it-forward mentality that the community has embraced.

The demo didn't show it but there is a way to save your wallet address via the web. This was the easiest method as I agree, it sucked typing it and I actually emailed my wallet address and then copied it to my text message. Yea it worked but in the real world, if you are using SMS you typically don't have email on your phone which results to using the web to set your wallet and then just text WD or using a third method which I am still trying to figure out how to make it user friendly =)

Holy crap. What time did they write that article?

Kind of a misleading donate link to be honest. It mentions the cost problem of this but also has a really positioned donate link that doesn't let people know its for the article and not for the project. I have not added any donation link for the work I do until the release and any donations will help cover SMS costs for having multiple numbers.

Thank you for updating it to reflect the notice.
Pinker

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:55:43 PM

I don't do this for tips but appreciate the love. If you want to tip, I only take lotto tickets since part of it goes to charity and anything on there I use to spend more on tickets for other people in kinda that pay-it-forward mentality that the community has embraced.

The demo didn't show it but there is a way to save your wallet address via the web. This was the easiest method as I agree, it sucked typing it and I actually emailed my wallet address and then copied it to my text message. Yea it worked but in the real world, if you are using SMS you typically don't have email on your phone which results to using the web to set your wallet and then just text WD or using a third method which I am still trying to figure out how to make it user friendly =)

Srry, didn't want to make you look/feel like you are after tips, just felt like this thread needs more Pink/love/generosity and wanted to show some Pinksolid appreciation to you and other guys working hard and making this great vision come true. Of course it is not necessary, but that is the best about it and what you do with your PINK is completely upon you and your style is very Pink in particular. Like it a lot.Wink

Also thanks for the comment on the addresses. Not easy to solve these small things - consuming too much time instead of some other again bigger cooler and pinker project. I guess decentralized is a no go anyway with SMS gate and everything, so wouldn't work just store a list of "addresses - nicks" couples somewhere and have it translated once the SMS goes through? Or something like that? Could have a statement that would set a nick (would have to enter the address once). But I don't see really deep into the mechanism, so don't even bother explaining in detail if it is a total nonsense. And the web saved address is probably very cool anyway, just can't imagine right now.Smiley

Thanks for the hard work and keep it Pink, man!
boxxa

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:27:12 PM

Srry, didn't want to make you look/feel like you are after tips, just felt like this thread needs more Pink/love/generosity and wanted to show some Pinksolid appreciation to you and other guys working hard and making this great vision come true. Of course it is not necessary, but that is the best about it and what you do with your PINK is completely upon you and your style is very Pink in particular. Like it a lot.Wink

Also thanks for the comment on the addresses. Not easy to solve these small things - consuming too much time instead of some other again bigger cooler and pinker project. I guess decentralized is a no go anyway with SMS gate and everything, so wouldn't work just store a list of "addresses - nicks" couples somewhere and have it translated once the SMS goes through? Or something like that? Could have a statement that would set a nick (would have to enter the address once). But I don't see really deep into the mechanism, so don't even bother explaining in detail if it is a total nonsense. And the web saved address is probably very cool anyway, just can't imagine right now.Smiley

Thanks for the hard work and keep it Pink, man!

No worries. I just like to see people getting excited about it.

The complicated part is people have limited tech if they are using SMS so QR and all that is obsolete. The only option is using a web interface to hook the address in. Web interface will open more security holes which is why its probably going to be on a phase 2 of a release since the audit of the code will take time.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:37:35 PM

What would help this coin, as would most that want to be seen as legit, is having a known Dev team who are willing to be open about who they are and what their background is.

Given the recent collapse of Silkcoin as yet another scammy operation, I think we are seeing a shift towards the market being far more comfortable with coins that have transparency about their project.

Vericoin leads the way in this regards and are reaping the benefit of their openness.

A bio on the OP for each team-member would be a good move.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:38:03 PM

... I only take lotto tickets ...

And you shall get a shitload of lotto tickets then Smiley

sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:40:02 PM

What would help this coin, as would most that want to be seen as legit, is having a known Dev team who are willing to be open about who they are and what their background is.

Given the recent collapse of Silkcoin as yet another scammy operation, I think we are seeing a shift towards the market being far more comfortable with coins that have transparency about their project.

Vericoin leads the way in this regards and are reaping the benefit of their openness.

A bio on the OP for each team-member would be a good move.

Right on... It shall be done.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:44:18 PM

Right on... It shall be done.

Erm, ok, that was quick. Cheesy

I really am trying to figure out what the issue with this coin is and why it isn't performing better considering you all seem very much interested in wanting to do right by everyone.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
boxxa

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

While this sounds like a good idea, the internet is a scary place. While a large number of people have genuine interest to learn more about people and devs, there is the other part of people who want details and will do damage. Look at other threads for coins that failed or someone started FUD and people go nuts posting names, address, phone numbers, etc. Its scary to see esp if you are someone who has other life responsibilities such as children or a full time job as most devs don't do this full time.

I hope results and a track record is enough for someone to follow a coin and help it move in price and confidence.  I am not on the dev team so can't speak for them but I just in general don't post a lot of details about myself but I don't stay fully hidden in the shadows or use an anonymous twitter account as I hope things I work on and post help show my level of understanding on certain topics and projects.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:10:33 PM

While this sounds like a good idea, the internet is a scary place. While a large number of people have genuine interest to learn more about people and devs, there is the other part of people who want details and will do damage. Look at other threads for coins that failed or someone started FUD and people go nuts posting names, address, phone numbers, etc.
I absolutely agree, but if a coin dev team are open about who they are then they can make mistakes as the project goes forward and recover from them because people are less inclined to believe they are trying to scam everyone.

Look at Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin and Vericoin. None of them have been flawless projects from the outset but if their devs had been only anonymous forum usernames the projects would have collapsed at the first problem they encountered because everyone would be assuming it was a scam.

Being open about who you are will bring a lot more tolerance and willingness to grant the benefit of the doubt when and if problems arise.

boxxa

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:12:12 PM

While this sounds like a good idea, the internet is a scary place. While a large number of people have genuine interest to learn more about people and devs, there is the other part of people who want details and will do damage. Look at other threads for coins that failed or someone started FUD and people go nuts posting names, address, phone numbers, etc.
I absolutely agree, but if a coin dev team are open about who they are then they can make mistakes as the project goes forward and recover from them because people are less inclined to believe they are trying to scam everyone.

Look at Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin and Vericoin. None of them have been flawless projects from the outset but if their devs had been only anonymous forum usernames the projects would have collapsed at the first problem they encountered because everyone would be assuming it was a scam.

Being open about who you are will bring a lot more tolerance and willingness to grant the benefit of the doubt when and if problems arise.

Valid point
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: