Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:17:57 AM

Really do not understand the XC market, if volume is low but someone just payed 0.001725 for 1K coins why drop 1K into buy orders around 0.00152 just some hours later with zero news posts or trading Huh
just plain stupid if you ask me. Understand some need to cash out  but people are not willing to split it up and wait a little?

This happens so many times now the story about one party suppressing the price starts to get unbelievable. Surely by now they got there stack build up or are done with there xc to dump. See zero evidence in the chain to support this.

When I'm back plan to spend some time to analyze coin movement on a timeline some more, this is driving me crazy

Ditto - very puzzling. Maybe because so many people are staking there is only stupid money left on the exchanges and it's trigger trading. I can't think of any other reason.

It's a free market and people can do what they like. If what they do doesn't conform to your expectations then that's tough. Get over it.
Beleave me, everyone is free to do what they want but aren't we all into crypto to make a buck? I know I am.
maybe just my mentally but every bit of coin counts for me.

So, if you want to sell some XC below market price to me or any other member, please feel free to do so. But i will ask myself why you would do something like that, that's just me. Sure you agree I am also free to do that.

In short,  I made this post not to criticize others but to learn something new
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:28:40 AM

Really do not understand the XC market, if volume is low but someone just payed 0.001725 for 1K coins why drop 1K into buy orders around 0.00152 just some hours later with zero news posts or trading Huh
just plain stupid if you ask me. Understand some need to cash out  but people are not willing to split it up and wait a little?

This happens so many times now the story about one party suppressing the price starts to get unbelievable. Surely by now they got there stack build up or are done with there xc to dump. See zero evidence in the chain to support this.

When I'm back plan to spend some time to analyze coin movement on a timeline some more, this is driving me crazy

Ditto - very puzzling. Maybe because so many people are staking there is only stupid money left on the exchanges and it's trigger trading. I can't think of any other reason.

It's a free market and people can do what they like. If what they do doesn't conform to your expectations then that's tough. Get over it.

Hmm. I think we're just puzzled why someone is apparently throwing money away - we don't have anything to "get over" as you put it, but it sure is puzzling.
(I'm not complaining - if I could be bothered to day trade I would just happily sit with buy orders at the bottom of our rather large spread and scoop up all their money - I would
recommend any passing person to do the same.)  
Astroxjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:32:25 AM

just plain stupid if you ask me. Understand some need to cash out  but people are not willing to split it up and wait a little?

Hmm. I think we're just puzzled why someone is apparently throwing money away - we don't have anything to "get over" as you put it, but it sure is puzzling.
(I'm not complaining - if I could be bothered to day trade I would just happily sit with buy orders at the bottom of our rather large spread and scoop up all their money - I would

They are not throwing money away from their prospective.

They are prob holders of large amounts that have a vested interest in other coins - it allows them to manipulate prices (artificially devalue the coin).

Its a proven and tested tactic and in some cases they will crash a coin to zero value at a 'Loss' just to reap profits from another coin.

I don't think in our (XC) case there is anyone with such a large stash that could such a thing, but they can force swings.
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:24:57 AM

just plain stupid if you ask me. Understand some need to cash out  but people are not willing to split it up and wait a little?

A similar movement is also taking place in Bitcoin's market when you look at it. I mean, if it can happen in the daddy of all cryptos, surely XC is a small kid to take care of.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:27:04 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 11:39:31 AM by JakeThePanda

A similar movement is also taking place in Bitcoin's market when you look at it. I mean, if it can happen in the daddy of all cryptos, surely XC is a small kid to take care of.

A similar movement is also taking place in every financial market when you look at it. I mean, if it can happen in the daddy of all markets, surely XC is a small kid to take care of.

Sorry to be sarcastic, but as someone that works in the financial markets, they are all the same just on a larger scale.  The only reason crypto seems different is because the market caps are so tiny, relatively speaking compared to other financial markets.  Cryptos trade more like penny stocks, that's why the daily change is so volatile.  The price of a penny stock moves easily because the market cap is low and because the companies are usually unstable making any news important.

Also, everyone has a different strategy, market sentiment, or liquidity needs.  You may think it's stupid to sell into orders at 152k, but maybe he does need the money for whatever and doesn't have time to wait for his order to be filled or play the jump over the next offer game.  Not everyone wants to trade.

Another thing is you should be happy that some people want to hit the bids.  It's like complaining that you don't like playing with bad poker players.
dannyspk

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:38:39 AM

A similar movement is also taking place in every financial market when you look at it. I mean, if it can happen in the daddy of all markets, surely XC is a small kid to take care of.

Sorry to be sarcastic, but as someone that works in the financial markets, they are all the same just on a larger scale.  The only reason crypto seems different is because the market caps are so tiny, relatively speaking compared to other financial markets.  Cryptos trade more like penny stocks, that's why the daily change is so volatile.

Don't be sorry, that's alright. I just made a reference to Bitcoin in order to put cryptos in context. The only difference between cryptos and traditional stocks is the rate of exponential growth, wouldn't you agree? Moore's law speaks about this in a detail manner
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:40:29 AM

Sorry to be sarcastic, but as someone that works in the financial markets, they are all the same just on a larger scale.  The only reason crypto seems different is because the market caps are so tiny, relatively speaking compared to other financial markets.  Cryptos trade more like penny stocks, that's why the daily change is so volatile.

Don't be sorry, that's alright. I just made a reference to Bitcoin in order to put cryptos in context. The only difference between cryptos and traditional stocks is the rate of exponential growth, wouldn't you agree? Moore's law speaks about this in a detail manner

I'm talking about the psychology behind trading only.
dannyspk

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:02:35 PM

I'm talking about the psychology behind trading only.

Understandable.

http://www.coindesk.com/crypto-2-0-roundup-bitcoins-revolution-moves-beyond-currency/ - Lots of competition in the new era of Crypto 2.0. XC should have been mentioned here but it needs a lot of work to do. BitSharesX has been rising steadily since the last week. Almost 200%.
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:10:52 PM

They are not throwing money away from their prospective.

They are prob holders of large amounts that have a vested interest in other coins - it allows them to manipulate prices (artificially devalue the coin).

Its a proven and tested tactic and in some cases they will crash a coin to zero value at a 'Loss' just to reap profits from another coin.

I don't think in our (XC) case there is anyone with such a large stash that could such a thing, but they can force swings.

Think that strategy is where I have lots to learn. As an trading noob I would guess that for every  btc worth of XC I dumped the result would spread over several other coins. As I see it this market is so crowded that every coin has at least 3 competing coins with similar properties.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:21:35 PM

Does anyone know the html color code for the green XC logo?
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

Does anyone know the html color code for the green XC logo?
Save this file on your computer(The XC logo on the thread):
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloads.xc-official.com%2Fimages%2F14-07-27%2520Bitcointalk%2520OP%2F14-07-27-OP_13.jpg&t=543&c=TsRpn62pmoD_IQ

Go to:
http://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/

Upload the image and find it out.
onealfa

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

Go to:
http://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/
Upload the image and find it out.
mmmm... realy nice tool. Quick n easy

wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:34:27 PM

yeah but bitcoin had a dramatic rise in price some time ago. i don't remeber any similiar price spike in xc in the last few months. we are at the same price where we started about 3 months ago.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:39:35 PM

Another long winded bullshit reply trying to defend the lies that are leaking out slowly. 

Lets not worry about this anymore...no one here is feeding into his post. We should all move on, we have some exciting developments to look forward to.
I have penis envy and like to lie and fud my arse off for my investments.

Since we are being childish with replacing comments.  I had my say and I am entitled to defend myself from the onslaught of lies.  If you dont want more then take it to PM.

Yes please do that and that stands for everyone.
dannyspk

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:42:29 PM

yeah but bitcoin had a dramatic rise in price some time ago. i don't remeber any similiar price spike in xc in the last few months...

Bitcoin went through months and months of stagnation in it's early days before the dramatic rise.
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 01:03:22 PM

yeah but bitcoin had a dramatic rise in price some time ago. i don't remeber any similiar price spike in xc in the last few months...

Bitcoin went through months and months of stagnation in it's early days before the dramatic rise.
Do you know how long 1 Bitcoin was $0,20? I can't find anything about that.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:04:30 PM

It was worthless for quite a bit, people were handing out in the thousands on this forum.
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:10:09 PM

Doge First volume on Mintpal? muhahahhahahahhahahahahhaha

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 01:18:46 PM

It was worthless for quite a bit, people were handing out in the thousands on this forum.
I wish I would have known that back then Sad.
reebokasss

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:34:28 PM

and again, price was ~170, and now we are slowly going back to 130-140 again.. everyone are talking that xc will be huge when rev3 will be realeased but now im afraid that it will be the same.. im starting to worry about that, because after every good news , we are going up a little bit and then going back to the same price (130-140)..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: