Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:06:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:00:54 PM

Top Quarterly Performers:
@XCurrency -4.53%
@Bitcoin -21.65%
@Namecoin -29.66%
@Feathercoin -34.40%
http://goo.gl/jBCXam   #xcurrency

https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinStats/status/504260792968286208

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:03:13 PM

Before I'm accused of being a shill - I'm not in Monero or any anon coins.  I still think the winner hasn't shown up yet.

I find it curious that many people think there will be "one" winner in crypto.  I see a world coming with numerous crypto currencies serving different needs and uses.  I think several that are already here will be here for some time to come, XC of course being one of those.  I just can't see this all ending with just one currency!

You need to read this.  Most cryptogeeks don't understand currency.  

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2dfvoy/truth_you_dont_want_to_hear_bitcoin_price_matters/

I agree there is enough room for.

A - Store of value.
B - Smart Blockchain.
C - Anonymous Value Transfer.

It would be preferable if they did not compete and there were clear long term winners.  Hell I would prefer it was all wrapped into one coin.  Currency inherently does better when there is only one.  Not many.  People don't realize that "competition" in this area constantly steal wealth from the ecosystem as people lose it all and walk away.  I would rather a flat currency that works on adoption than this ...

The crypto scene is driven much more by people wanting to be the early adopters of the next bitcoin than revolutionizing technology or solving real world problems.  The issuance of XC is a prime example of that  Roll Eyes
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:03:55 PM

@XCurrency -4.53%
@Bitcoin -21.65%
@Namecoin -29.66%
@Feathercoin -34.40%
http://goo.gl/jBCXam   #xcurrency

but they are missing some coins like btcd which raised about 1000% in the last month
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:07:17 PM

@XCurrency -4.53%
@Bitcoin -21.65%
@Namecoin -29.66%
@Feathercoin -34.40%
http://goo.gl/jBCXam   #xcurrency

but they are missing some coins like btcd which raised about 1000% in the last month

Also missing BitSharesX.  I don't really think it's fair to compare an older coin like XC to BTCD or BitSharesX ... they'll just be pump jobs / flashes in the pan.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:10:57 PM

I don't know if I am becoming too impatient but the frustration keeps growing inside me. Please give me your feedback guys. Am I becoming an impatient ass or this feeling is justified?

Look at Monero.  They don't even have an official wallet yet.  And their website hasn't been updated in 2 months.  

And yet this very coin is traded at a higher price than XC... tell me how that works ?

I tried a few times and hit brick walls.  My biggest beef with XC has to do with the PoS as I believe it is fundamentally anti adoption.  It discourages it.  

Monero intentionally made their adoption curve slow (vs doing a quick 1 - 3 month mine).  This will offer more time rather than people accumulating the coins and then holding on to them while trying to drive the price up by inventing features.  Currency needs consensus.  And I think that's what the feature hounds don't get ... speculation may drive short term price.  But adoption drives consensus.  And PoW is better for adoption / consensus than PoS.

(I actually suspect that PoS after a 3 year mining phase would work fine.)

I think this is a valid point - PoS does discourage trading and although everyone here seems happy that most of the XC are off the exchanges because no-one wants to sell them, low volume
gives the impression of no interest in the coin which is certainly not true. Of course there is very little real commerce going on in any crypto right now so all volume is fake and bot driven to that extent. So my hope here is that once crypto actually starts being used by real people this would no longer be an issue.  
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:13:03 PM

I don't know if I am becoming too impatient but the frustration keeps growing inside me. Please give me your feedback guys. Am I becoming an impatient ass or this feeling is justified?

For whatever it's worth - from what I can tell XC is moving much faster than other coins.  There are coins that have features XC doesn't have and so they run out and try to grab it (include advertising and call it a touring "platform"), anon chat, etc.

Look at Monero.  They don't even have an official wallet yet.  And their website hasn't been updated in 2 months.  

Are you sure you aren't confusing impatience with greed?  XC has a roadmap and is proceeding according to schedule.

And yes, let's look at Monero.  They don't have a too-slick promo video, or make you want to punish them for using terms like "Web 3.0."

Monero does however have a 100% open-source repo with frequent commits, and at least two wallets competing to be the Official One.

Proof: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

Can your coin, err, I mean "super-cyber distributed autonomous corporation" do that?   Cheesy

Yes I am... By the way who are you?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:26:35 PM

Yes I am... By the way who are you?

He's a Monero pusher  Roll Eyes
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:36:38 PM

I for one doesn't hope for XC being bought up. The current value for us bag-holders lies in the distribution. I'm under the assumption that the code being developed for XChat, XcNode, XCPlatform and so on all depend on the distributed nature of XCurrency. The code might be well distributed but the currency is only currently distributed among 5036 addresses. The Network effect  is what ensures us bag-holders against "a hostile take-over" scenario where a large corporation would buy the source code from Dan and his expertise.

With larger adoption the added distribution would make the anonymity stronger and the XcNode network faster. Once you reach a critical mass a company would not be able to buy and recreate that. If they by then would like to use the XCPlatforms services they would have to buy an app on the Web 3.0 platform just like QiBuck did.

This comes back to whom is XC creating value for? it is not a simple business case. XC is both B2C and B2B, with different business cases. B2C XC provides XChat and hinted other social media features. in Web 2.0 B2C pays with their privacy that is then resold to the B2B customers. In XC's B2C business model customers could potentially have the service and their anonymity at the cost of helping spread the network as a XCNode when online, which if you look at Social Media apps now would be pretty much all the time. B2B would be hosting and advertisement on the platform.
I'm going on an repeating rant now of what I have written in earlier posts, but in short:

As a Bag-holder you don't wan't a large company to buy XC because they would not buy your coins, they would buy Dan, his team and the source code. Your coins hold 0 legal protection like a stock does, only critical mass adoption of the platform will protect your coins against this scenario if it presented itself.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

I remember about a month ago, I sold my XC (300 or so) to gamble on another coin so that I could purchase more XC.  It worked.  

It is mildly amusing to me that the coin I 'gambled' on was BitcoinDark.  Yeah...if I had just chilled I would have made over 10 BTC from .5 BTC...

While I kind of cringe at the amount of XC that would buy right now, I am not that worried.  REV 3 has been the goal all along.  Lots of big milestones ahead for this platform and an outstanding team to accomplish it.  It's a top 15 coin with a roadmap like no other...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:47:45 PM

Before I'm accused of being a shill - I'm not in Monero or any anon coins.  I still think the winner hasn't shown up yet.

I find it curious that many people think there will be "one" winner in crypto.  I see a world coming with numerous crypto currencies serving different needs and uses.  I think several that are already here will be here for some time to come, XC of course being one of those.  I just can't see this all ending with just one currency!

You need to read this.  Most cryptogeeks don't understand currency.  

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2dfvoy/truth_you_dont_want_to_hear_bitcoin_price_matters/

I agree there is enough room for.

A - Store of value.
B - Smart Blockchain.
C - Anonymous Value Transfer.

It would be preferable if they did not compete and there were clear long term winners.  Hell I would prefer it was all wrapped into one coin.  Currency inherently does better when there is only one.  Not many.  People don't realize that "competition" in this area constantly steal wealth from the ecosystem as people lose it all and walk away.  I would rather a flat currency that works on adoption than this ...

The crypto scene is driven much more by people wanting to be the early adopters of the next bitcoin than revolutionizing technology or solving real world problems.  The issuance of XC is a prime example of that  Roll Eyes

Call me ignorant but I think that Reddit post is bullshit!  I am DEFINITELY no expert when it comes to currencies but I don't think anyone could convince me at this point that there will only be "Bitcoin" in the crypto sphere.  I strongly believe there will be many, I guess time will tell:-)
Abrupto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:53:39 PM

Before I'm accused of being a shill - I'm not in Monero or any anon coins.  I still think the winner hasn't shown up yet.

I don't think you're a shill at all, I think you're asking some pretty tough questions that I have had myself. You appear to have an unbiased curiosity about several coins, evident by your most recent posting history. I also struggle with the currency vs corporation issue and personally don't think we can be both. We will just have to wait and see what Dan has in store for xcurrency.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

Call me ignorant but I think that Reddit post is bullshit!  I am DEFINITELY no expert when it comes to currencies but I don't think anyone could convince me at this point that there will only be "Bitcoin" in the crypto sphere.  I strongly believe there will be many, I guess time will tell:-)

The problem here is world currencies ... are worth something because of nationalities / armies that define borders, GDP, and the money is worth something because it is backed by the entire nation. 

Bitcoin kinda falls in this role as internet money.  It's backed by "the internet"

In a constantly fluctuating environment where a different "currency" is literally winning every week.  And at any time the winning currency is open to takeover by superior technology / whatever the market wants.  At the same time - you are talking about basically robbing everybody's bank accounts who hold the existing "currency".  In other words - for a new one to thrive the old one has to die.  Every time one dies - you're killing bank accounts value to zero.

Bitcoin has largely staid the winner (this shows somewhat what the article was talking about.  Traditionally only one currency works out)

But litecoin might be a prime example.  Litecoin has majorly bled in favor of Darkcoin, BitSharesX, NXT, Auracoin, etc etc.  The anon money is really split now between people trying to ride the fads (above poster made money off of BTCD) and people who really believe in the technology they are backing (XC) and people who believe that consensus (fair distribution, PoW) wins (Monero).

Then there is DRK in there somewhere that had another jacked distribution model ... and it's actually still the on top anon coin.  But I think everybody knows it's dying.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:09:32 PM

I don't think you're a shill at all, I think you're asking some pretty tough questions that I have had myself. You appear to have an unbiased curiosity about several coins, evident by your most recent posting history. I also struggle with the currency vs corporation issue and personally don't think we can be both. We will just have to wait and see what Dan has in store for xcurrency.

Thank you Smiley

Exactly.  Corporation or currency?  A corporation needs a currency - so I guess you could argue the XCurrency is XC's currency side and everything else is the corporation (anon chat, tor stick, etc).  

But then the only value your corporation can bring to the table is inventing technology that will get other people to buy into your currency.  There can be many corporations because they thrive off of innovation and production.  Not consensus.  

Currency needs consensus.  Corporations do not.
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

and I'm not just picking on XC fwiw

I don't see why it always has to be the open source model - at the moment
it's important to build trust and confidence but ultimately there might be other models. If e.g. the XC infrastructure/code were bought
out by e.g. apple, for sure future developments would no longer be open source.
(Of course we'd all have to rely on the goodness of apple to preserve the trustless principle but that's a different question.)

And anyway first mover advantage is everything - delayed open source still keeps XC ahead of the pack.

Dude, you think the general public gives 2 shits about if something is open sourced or not? I will use the KFC analogy again, people dont care as long as its yummy... same with cryptos, they wont care as long as it "works" and is as easy as possible with all the features they want. Simple as that.

Yep - that's exactly what I was saying. Once the big corporations like google apple whoever get stuck in - and they will - you can kiss open source goodbye. There'll be
microsoftcoin, applecoin, googlecoin and linux-coin for the open source devotees.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:28:06 PM

it's important to build trust and confidence but ultimately there might be other models. If e.g. the XC infrastructure/code were bought
(Of course we'd all have to rely on the goodness of apple to preserve the trustless principle but that's a different question.)

And anyway first mover advantage is everything - delayed open source still keeps XC ahead of the pack.

Dude, you think the general public gives 2 shits about if something is open sourced or not? I will use the KFC analogy again, people dont care as long as its yummy... same with cryptos, they wont care as long as it "works" and is as easy as possible with all the features they want. Simple as that.

Yep - that's exactly what I was saying. Once the big corporations like google apple whoever get stuck in - and they will - you can kiss open source goodbye. There'll be
microsoftcoin, applecoin, googlecoin and linux-coin for the open source devotees.

Probably just devcoin which is dedicated to the open source movement.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:29:13 PM

If the PRIMARY function of the software is privacy and money transactions.  Then yes ... the general public (that gives two shits about internet money and/or privacy) will insist on open source for good reason.

To make sure it's really private.  To make sure it's really secure.
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:33:32 PM

Something about open-source code

You know that the REV 1 of XC with some good code for anon tx is open source and some coin are using it with some tweak to claim that there are anon ?

Not bad for a cyber crypto funk wanabies corporation , you dont think so ?  Grin

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:47:23 PM

Hehe... and apple will be over priced like all of their normal shit! Then we got to see applecoin forked every 3 months for something "new" making your old stuff worthless and force you to fork out a premmy price for the "new".

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:49:56 PM

Something about open-source code

You know that the REV 1 of XC with some good code for anon tx is open source and some coin are using it with some tweak to claim that there are anon ?

Not bad for a cyber crypto funk wanabies corporation , you dont think so ?  Grin

That is why I for one, support keeping all the new code under lock and key because what your saying is exactly what will happen.... people forking and profiting massively ( see coin devs ).

See cryptos do not have copy right protection like everything else does... that is why drug companies can charge hefty prices on a new drug, because they know that no one can make a generic of it ( coins that try to copy the code of XC )

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

Hehe... and apple will be over priced like all of their normal shit! Then we got to see applecoin forked every 3 months for something "new" making your old stuff worthless and force you to fork out a premmy price for the "new".

There already is amazon coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: