Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625085 times)
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:55:12 AM

"AEON coin is the next generation anonymous cryptocurrency"

Next generation compared to what?

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:55:32 AM

Previous generations, of course!
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:56:53 AM

Need clarification from the developer. You seem to give more detailed explanations elsewhere.

So next generation compared to what?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:57:32 AM

Need clarification from the developer. You seem to give more detailed explanations elsewhere.

You would have to ask the previous developer, he made up the slogan. I declined to remove it.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:59:11 AM

You would have to ask the previous developer, he made up the slogan. I declined to remove it.

Because you agree with it? If you agree, I come back to my previous question.

There seems to be no gui wallet or proper precompiled miner.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:59:42 AM

Looks like AEON is becoming more and more interesting. No matter how many trolls appear in this thread I think current dev and team around the coin is able to keep very high quality and constant progress of fixing and enhancing this cool crypto currency.

While I was huge supporter of this coin since very beginning I must say that at some point I didn't believe it will survive and sold quite a lot of coins, but my trust returned and I am investing again, gathering nice stash which as I hope will become much more expensive soon.

In comparison to Monero AEON looks to me as more independent twin that can afford to change things easily without too much hassle. And I like that. I also like donation fund that keeps a large sum of coins and can potentially help to eliminate speculation as well as provide resources for developers and support team.

I wish you luck AEON and many thanks to people who made this possible, original dev, new one and community of supporters. Keep this progress going on and don't worry about attacks from BCN/XMR. These are all amazing coins, but community around them is a bit strange.

Thanks again, good work!

Thank you. We appreciate the recognition and support.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:00:39 AM

No, because I find it quaint.

Other than previous generations, I don't know.

You may be correct.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:06:31 AM

You may be correct.

And what is the ETA on the gui wallet and a proper precompiled miner?

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

I don't see this to be fair to everyone. Loads of crypto users are less tech oriented, own a windows OS and can't compile wallets. This doesn't seem to be fair to every miner.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:07:22 AM

You may be correct.

And what is the ETA on the gui wallet and a proper precompiled miner?

There is no ETA at this time.

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

I don't see this to be fair to everyone. Loads of crypto users are less tech oriented, own a windows OS and can't compile wallets. This doesn't seem to be fair to every miner.

Interesting opinion. Thank you for the feedback.

Radouch

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:14:53 AM

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

Well, the term "fair" is hard to define, I think - not only in cryptocurrency. Which coin is absolutely fair? Almost all need a lot of money: graphics cards, memory or really big HDDs (see BURST) are not available for free.

A coin which needs a bit of IT knowledge to be mined is quite fair, I think.

The other thing is that the final goal must be usability for normal people. But: usability <> mineability.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

Well, the term "fair" is hard to define, I think - not only in cryptocurrency. Which coin is absolutely fair? Almost all need a lot of money: graphics cards, memory or really big HDDs (see BURST) are not available for free.

The other thing is that the final goal must be usability for normal people. But: usability <> mineability.

No it doesn't, Bitcoin needs almost none, while this needs people to compile it.

Also the usability is missing here since it doesn't have a gui wallet which 99% of the projects have.

Wonder what a monero dev is capable of if he can't help the above mentioned 2 things.

Radouch

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:23:12 AM

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

No it doesn't, Bitcoin needs almost none, while this needs people to compile it.

Also the usability is missing here since it doesn't have a gui wallet which 99% of the projects have.

Wonder what a monero dev is capable of if he can't help the above mentioned 2 things.

You did not get my point, I am afraid. Bitcoin cannot be mined without a very expensive device now. Is it "fair"? Certainly not.

Concerning usability: even command line wallet of AEON is hard to use, because it loads the whole blockchain to the memory, as mentioned above. But: I hope it is the beginning, not the end.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:32:48 AM

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

You did not get my point, I am afraid. Bitcoin cannot be mined without a very expensive device now. Is it "fair"? Certainly not.

Concerning usability: even command line wallet of AEON is hard to use, because it loads the whole blockchain to the memory, as mentioned above. But: I hope it is the beginning, not the end.

No popular coin can be mined without expensive devices, are you implying that this coin is fair because it's unpopular thus the difficulty of mining is low?

So that's a feature?

But: I hope it is the beginning, not the end.

Sadly it's the end since your developer keep trolling other projects instead of developing, do a review on his post history and how frequently he visits competitors vs his own project.

Example Day of forum attacks by Smooth (today, 12th Aug 2015)

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 28 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

Smooth's competitors attacking his coins on any threads:

Dash devs: 0 posts
Vanilla devs: 0 posts
Bytecoin devs: 0 posts

And here is from when Smooth was spamming the Dash thread today and my reply with the current info I see problems with with what Smooth is doing that has a big conflict of interest (apart from trolling his competitors which obviously looks like he is trying to remove investors to own schemes)

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:35:39 AM

0 posts

Perhaps this accounting could use revision.

Radouch

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:36:54 AM

Is it possible to download the blockchain as a file up to some date? It seems it will be downloading for days... :-)

Yes it is in the first post of this thread (search for the word bootstrap). They are community-provided so I can't personally vouch for them being correct, but no problems have been reported.

Thanks, it worked smoothly and now I can see my recently mined coins... :-)

Only sad that half of my 8 GB memory is occupied...
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:37:31 AM

0 posts

I'm not the Vanillacoin developer so the number still stands accurate.

And I came to check out your fork with no gui wallet or proper miner because you constantly attacked 3 threads regarding Vanillacoin.

I wasn't dissapointed to see that the OP is full with inaccurate bullshit.

Radouch

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 09:38:08 AM

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

No popular coin can be mined without expensive devices, are you implying that this coin is fair because it's unpopular thus the difficulty of mining is low?

So that's a feature?

But: I hope it is the beginning, not the end.

Sadly it's the end since your developer keep trolling other projects instead of developing, do a review on his post history and how frequently he visits competitors vs his own project.

Example Day of forum attacks by Smooth (today, 12th Aug 2015)

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 28 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

Dash devs: 0 posts
Vanilla devs: 0 posts
Bytecoin devs: 0 posts

And here is from when Smooth was spamming the Dash thread today and my reply with the current info I see problems with with what Smooth is doing that has a big conflict of interest (apart from trolling his competitors which obviously looks like he is trying to remove investors to own schemes)

Well, do not feed the trolls. We shall see how things will develop. Have a nice day.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:40:42 AM

0 posts

An interesting distinction perhaps.

And I came to check out your fork with no gui wallet or proper miner because you constantly attacked 3 threads regarding Vanillacoin.

Welcome!

OK
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:43:34 AM

0 posts

Welcome!

OK

I'm kinda sad because while attacking the competitors threads you always get half page answers from community members.

When asking about the AEON gui wallet, you simply respond: "maybe we will have one"

Kinda sad, thought you have better skills as a developer and could code a gui, what exactly are you developing for XMR?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:47:11 AM

0 posts

Welcome!

OK

I'm kinda sad because while attacking the competitors threads you always get half page answers from community members.

When asking about the AEON gui wallet, you simply respond: "maybe we will have one"

Kinda sad, thought you have better skills as a developer and could code a gui, what exactly are you developing for XMR?

Thank you for your input.

And be strong, friend, the sadness will surely pass!

If you would like to learn more about Monero there are other threads for that.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: