Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:21:28 AM

The temporary fix will have random forging on the blocks for a couple of weeks while changing the way nodes check in with each other to verify up-time for PoT calculation. It also prunes forks. The change solves network latency issues from the network growing in size so it scales better. It also prevents a node with highest weight from hanging network by subsequently not generating block.

Ok. As to my other questions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitseed

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 07:28:12 AM

This has priority over custom blockchains and Windows installer, since changes here propagate to everything else downstream.

Bitseed - dedicated full node hardware
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:48:58 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 08:15:39 AM by 5000Bitcoins

This has priority over custom blockchains and Windows installer, since changes here propagate to everything else downstream.

So to clarify - fixing this will take a couple of weeks, and after that you will start working on the custom blockchains and windows installer. Which will take a couple of weeks.  Roll Eyes
Atleast you overcome your competitors (qora, node, nem) who has non responsive developers or just incompetent ones. People there just got tired of waiting. Don't let the same happend here.
I'd like to hear Syrenitys input on this when he gets the time considering the 360 he made from this statement. Mostly curious what changed so drastically.

Status update

First of all, I'd like to apologize for us not providing ongoing updates regarding the forging nodes being paused.
This was done as an emergency measure to avoid possible forks with the PoT stability issues that we have discovered, while we are working on a proper solution for them. The intended pause period was expected to be a day at most, however unfortunately re-working the PoT took much more time than planned, thus causing the extended delay.

Thanks the Foundation members who did their best communicating this to the community, while us being focused on the PoT.

The good news is that we done with the Pot re-implementation, and now running private tests before we deploy to testnet for Foundation and IRC members to give it a try. Provided it passes them, we will release the new 0.1.7 version (both Linux and Windows) to the wide circulation.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:10:24 AM

Atleast you overcome your competitors (qora, node, nem) who has non responsive developers or just incompetent ones. People there just got tired of waiting. Don't let the same happend here.

Just wondering, when was the last time you checked the NEM thread?

Your view seems a bit out of touch, to say the least.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 08:24:53 AM

I wouldn't be bashing other coins at this point. I don't own QORA or NODE, but I do own NEM. NEM's developers have been fully transparent about the whole development process, and have in most cases stuck to their deadlines. With Crypti though, the Windows Wallet has been "around the corner" or "just a few days away" for over a month now, with still no launch in sight.

We keep on going back and forth between statements from the developers. SyRenity just 3 days ago said that the new fix and Windows Wallet launch would be out with 0.1.7 in a few days. Now BitSeed has just told us that a "temporary fix" will be implemented and that the Windows Wallet will now be pushed back another 2 weeks along with the new fix that SyRenity said was just "days away".

What's more is that SyRenity said that the Windows Wallet was close to release and will be released once it passed final testing by their QA developers and the IRC testers. If the Windows Wallet was actually release ready the devs wouldn't wait close to two weeks just to release once the new fix was implemented. If Linux & Mac wallets are being released for the temporary fix, then the Windows wallet would also be released if it was actually close to release quality.

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:19:41 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 10:51:35 AM by xtester

I wouldn't be bashing other coins at this point. I don't own QORA or NODE, but I do own NEM. NEM's developers have been fully transparent about the whole development process, and have in most cases stuck to their deadlines. With Crypti though, the Windows Wallet has been "around the corner" or "just a few days away" for over a month now, with still no launch in sight.

We keep on going back and forth between statements from the developers. SyRenity just 3 days ago said that the new fix and Windows Wallet launch would be out with 0.1.7 in a few days. Now BitSeed has just told us that a "temporary fix" will be implemented and that the Windows Wallet will now be pushed back another 2 weeks along with the new fix that SyRenity said was just "days away".

What's more is that SyRenity said that the Windows Wallet was close to release and will be released once it passed final testing by their QA developers and the IRC testers. If the Windows Wallet was actually release ready the devs wouldn't wait close to two weeks just to release once the new fix was implemented. If Linux & Mac wallets are being released for the temporary fix, then the Windows wallet would also be released if it was actually close to release quality.

Let's not transform this into a NEM - Crypti fight because that would be a pointless discussion.

I am a stakeholder of both NEM and Crypti and have a good deal of respect for both dev teams.

Just wanted to make sure 5000Bitcoins really knows what he's talking about before he expresses his opinion.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:34:49 AM

The temporary fix will have random forging on the blocks for a couple of weeks
Oh! Shocked
And this comes after blaming NODE Grin
Labteck

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:24:46 AM

Same as NAScoin thread.
Slowly dying with promises and apologies.
We all know what will happen.

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:04:02 AM

It would be nice to get some response from Grexx or Syrenity but they are probably working hard to fix issue and will give us update when they have sth. more tangible.

Yes, developers did assess developing time incorrectly but that happens a lot. Those who have ever been involved in any project esspecially this big knows that.

Those who have invested in Crypti probably did aware that its a high risk but also long term investment. The price may go down because of this events but as soon as the devs finish code and launch it, the price will go up. Assuming this time all will be working ok, ofcourse.
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:51:31 PM

Same as NAScoin thread.

Yes, it's sad.

I think the price will be under ICO price very soon if these problems are not solved soon.  Cry Cry Cry
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:14:25 PM

I can assure you that we have been hard at work on the problem.  The Proof of Time algo is new territory for a cryptocoin.  The one minute block time makes it many times more complicated. 

With a 5 or 10 minute block time, there would be enough time for all the nodes to be pinged and one selected for forging, but this would cause a delay in transaction time.  Merchants will not stand for a 5 minute confirmation time.  It is important for Crypti to maintain the 60 second block time. 

As a TEMPORARY measure, to get the network up, the PoT will be modified until a permanent fix can be programmed. 

As for the windows wallet..... it was in testing for several days...... I was testing it myself.  As stated earlier, there was a problem with some nodes forging lots of blocks, and others not forging any.  There was also a problem with constant forking.   This is all related to the PoT issue. 

We are testing the latest fix now on testnet.  Things are progressing.  Progress is being made. 

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:32:44 PM

crypti, node, qora everyone freaking out

Node client works for me perfectly

NODE never had any problem til now  Wink
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:37:15 PM

Same as NAScoin thread.

Yes, it's sad.

I think the price will be under ICO price very soon if these problems are not solved soon.  Cry Cry Cry

Esspecially if you dump 0.5million coins or more at once...

I would be very gratefull for someone to dump another 0.5million XCR. I promise i will put some buy orders at 100 price...  Wink
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:37:21 PM

OMG, look at the price  Shocked  Cry

Just 5BTC and we go to 0 satoshis  Cry
Litoshi

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:46:46 PM

OMG, look at the price  Shocked  Cry

Just 5BTC and we go to 0 satoshis  Cry

That is what is known as a sale..... I am buying more.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

Okay so now where is the temporary fix? I'm sorry guys, but we've kept on hearing that bug fixes are around the corner, and there's been nothing to show for it.

We literally can't trust your word anymore, for example just 3 days ago SyRenity, said that you guys found and isolated the problem and that once it passed testing you would release 0.1.7 which fixed the PoT bug along with the Windows Wallet. Then today BitSeed informed us that for some reason a temporary fix to the PoT will be released "soon", with a permanent solution and Windows Wallet to be released "two weeks from now". Which one is it?

Now if you look at things from a bigger perspective, what about the Custom Blockchains, which were originally due out at the beginning of September? Is it coming out soon, is it "around the corner" as has been said many times? With the slow progress that has been made, I honestly don't even think that we'll see Custom Blockchains this year. As it is the Windows Wallet now will only be coming out late October.

What's more in the midst of all this chaos, you guys are spending time choosing a new logo? I know how hypocritical that sounds, when I was the one heavily criticizing your teams lackadaisical approach to design, but considering the quality of the designs put forward, Crypti is far better off staying with its current design. How about forgetting about the design aspect for a while, believe me the new designs would do more harm than good, and just focus on actually delivering on some of your releases, like the Windows Wallet or Custom Blockchains. Once you've delivered that, then talk about design again. There isn't anything wrong with Crypti's current design and some of the designs put forward just look downright terrible.

The network has been down for close to a week now, and what is worrisome is that it was treated like no big deal for the first few days. The team's communication has been appalling throughout this whole process. We shouldn't have to ask you for more information or for an update, it is your job to provide us with adequate information so that we can get a grasp on the situation.

And I know exactly how responses to this post will sound. "Crypti is new technology, there will always be unforseen bugs...", "We can't guarantee anything on release times due to the nature of these things..." etc, etc. The time deadlines aren't what we are complaining about, it's the way that you've communicated with your community, or failed to do so throughout this whole situation that is the problem. As you can see, there was a massive dump on BTER. The thing is people haven't lost faith in the network, they've lost faith in your teams' ability to deliver.

victorteoh

Activity: 334

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:08:24 PM

Solving network and bugs are important. But giving your community affirmations and confidence is equally important. I have been holding XCR since 1.7k and still am.
An update directly from you would be critical now

▄▄█████████▄                    ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████▄             ▄████████████████▄
   █████            ▀█████        ▄█████            █████
  ████                 █████    █████                 ████
 ███                    ▀████    ██                     ███
▐███                      █████                         ▐███
███▌                        ████           ▐████████████████
▐███                         ▀████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ████                   ██▄    █████                    ▄▄▄
  ████                ██████    ▀████▄                ▄███
   ▀█████          ███████        ▀█████▄          ▄████▀
      █████████████████              ▀████████████████▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀                      ▀▀██████▀▀
  æ t e r n i t y
  The Oracle Machine
          ██
      ▄██ ██ ██▄
     ▐██  ██  ██
     ▐██      ██
     ▐██  ▄▄  ██
     ▐██▄▐██ ▄██
       ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
      ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
     ▐██ ▐██ ▀██
     ▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
     ▐██     ▐██
     ▐██ ▐██ ▄██
      ▀█ ▐██ █▀
         ▐██
✅ Unchained Smart Contracts
✅ Decentralized Oracle
✅ Turing-Complete
✅ State-Channels
✅ Infinitly Scalable
     ██
 ▄██ ██ ██▄
▐██  ██  ██
▐██      ██
▐██  ▄▄  ██
▐██▄▐██ ▄██
  ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
 ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
▐██ ▐██ ▀██
▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
▐██     ▐██
▐██ ▐██ ▄██
 ▀█ ▐██ █▀
    ▐██
[ WHITEPAPER]                     ██
                   ▄██▌
                  ████
                ▄█████
              ▄██████▌
             ████████
           ▄█████████   ▄▄▄▄
          █████████████████▀
        ▄████████████████▀
       ██▀▀▀▀▀ █████████
              ▐███████▀
              ██████▀
              █████▀
             ▐███▀
             ███
             █▀
(en)Lightning
Smart Contracts
|TESTNET|
Litoshi

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

Wulf,

You put a lot of time and energy into that last post........ so much energy and time that you did not do anything else meanwhile?  Well, that is what is happening internally with the devs.  There is much going on, and they are too busy to blog here.

There is lots of communication going on internally.  Most of the devs are in Central Asia, where the time is 12 hours different from yours, so dont expect immediate answers at noon your time.  

Believe me when I say they are hard at work on it...... If you have been on this blog since the beginning, you will know that I was a very big critic of this project.  I do see lots of potential here, so I invested.  

The devs made a big mistake when they limited the IPO to 750BTC.  Other IPOs have generated 2000BTC and more.  That low limit has made the coin price higher (good for you), but limited the funds for future development.  If the devs had let the IPO run for the  full 30 days, or even a week longer, they would be sitting on a stash of thousands of BTC that would allow them to fill an office with programmers.  That did not happen, as they listened to and followed the opinion of the community.  

The current price of BTC is not helping as well.

samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:15:54 PM

Where are the actual founders of the coin and why are they not communicating?

Everyone is very busy!! Yes we know its important to take a second to update you all... even though most of the time what we have to say is not enough... So Grexx is working on a proper Status update for you all.. Please know that our lack of posting right now is not due to our lack of work beeing done on Crypti.. It is the opposite.. We are working long hours and just as dedicated to the project as ever...  

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
hobogo

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:21:02 PM

Wulf,

You put a lot of time and energy into that last post........ so much energy and time that you did not do anything else meanwhile?  Well, that is what is happening internally with the devs.  There is much going on, and they are too busy to blog here.

There is lots of communication going on internally.  Most of the devs are in Central Asia, where the time is 12 hours different from yours, so dont expect immediate answers at noon your time.  

Believe me when I say they are hard at work on it...... If you have been on this blog since the beginning, you will know that I was a very big critic of this project.  I do see lots of potential here, so I invested.  

The devs made a big mistake when they limited the IPO to 750BTC.  Other IPOs have generated 2000BTC and more.  That low limit has made the coin price higher (good for you), but limited the funds for future development.  If the devs had let the IPO run for the  full 30 days, or even a week longer, they would be sitting on a stash of thousands of BTC that would allow them to fill an office with programmers.  That did not happen, as they listened to and followed the opinion of the community.  

The current price of BTC is not helping as well.

That was one of my worries. I wish they tried to raise more, even if it means I get less stack. I just hope this project succeed to come to a stage where it is self sustainable.
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: