Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:48:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:30:23 AM

I believe he's posting out of honest concern . No one here arguing or complaining is doing so without cause.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:37:30 AM

I come here every free minute I have every single day. I post whenever I can. No one makes me come here. I understand you are frustrated, but now you are just intentionally instigating a fight.

I'm not looking to fight here, if it came across like that my bad.
I agree some of my comments were out of order/childish so disregard them I do get carried away sometimes.

Anyway, let's not derail. I think the info is very confusing/vague of what's being done, and the lack of progress atleast to the public. I only wanted this adressed.
I'd love some response on some of these questions raised and previously raised, the childish comments made by me aside.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:00:49 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 03:13:59 AM by 5000Bitcoins

TO all our loyal bloggers:

5000Bitcoins is heavily involved in SuperNet.  Remember that when reading his posts

I think they are well aware, considering I've stated this several times. This isn't even the subject of discussion now also I can only say two things: the response I received by bringing up supernet to you made me well aware to drop it as a suggestion.
And the people of this community knows I am heavily involved in XCR, and they, just like me, are confused.

I am here because I want to find out clarification on this: customchains (?) bter/poloniex/cryptsy (?) blockchain explorer (?) new db structure (?) pot (?)

Period.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:52:28 AM

TO all our loyal bloggers:

5000Bitcoins is heavily involved in SuperNet.  Remember that when reading his posts

I think they are well aware, considering I've stated this several times. This isn't even the subject of discussion now also I can only say two things: the response I received by bringing up supernet to you made me well aware to drop it as a suggestion.
And the people of this community knows I am heavily involved in XCR, and they, just like me, are confused.

I am here because I want to find out clarification on this: customchains (?) bter/poloniex/cryptsy (?) blockchain explorer (?) new db structure (?) pot (?)
Period.

If you remember from the 2 1/2 hour Skype discussion we had, I stated my position as not opposing Snet, but desiring to wait until we had more to offer.  Right now XCR is nothing more than "just another ALTCOIN". 

I also am suspicious of you and your motives, as you refuse to identify yourself, yet you try to hard sell us on Snet.

I would not buy a car from a salesman wearing a mask.

crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 09:42:04 AM

Some news.

We works now on blockchain size and memory usage.
Works on forging algo in works too.

Because some delay with releases.

In the nearest future we going to open R&D center with more developers to get more fast work.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 10:07:43 AM

Secondly I asked for the developers to open-source the code for the block-explorer. Why? Because, the current server running the block-explorer is down at least 2 times a day and the "Top Accounts" don't work, again most likely due to the server. As it is the server is currently down and I can't access the block-explorer. It has been 10 days since I made that request and nothing has been mentioned since, it literally doesn't take 15 minutes to create a repo on GitHub and push code to it.

GreXX, please man, we've been coming here the past 2 months, week in and week out expecting a change and there hasn't been even the slightest bit of progress made on the software side. My Windows Wallet at the moment is virtually useless, I've been forging for close to a week and haven't received a single block, but more worrisome is the fact that I can't even send XCR from my wallet. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to come here every week, just to see that no progress has been made. 5000Bitcoins pretty much summed it up perfectly in his post. What will it take for you guys to catch a wake up?

I think the time for AMA's has come and gone. At the moment the team members words mean nothing to us, especially given the fact that deadlines are continually missed and treated like nothing. What irritates me more so is that you guys show no urgency at all in completing your goals. The "It's done when it's done" mentality simply doesn't work when you've missed literally every single one of your deadlines.

Yep, and a internal meeting they have apparently take several days to compile info about. Really?
It's just become ridiculous at this point. The explorer or wallet isn't the only thing, things like bter 1% poloniex/cryptsy issues are there too.
Almost like is if this is just a bullshitting contest. "Now we do this, wait a week and we deliver." One week goes "Now we're on this instead."
The first 2 or 3 times this was exciting, booking one task off at a time getting closer to the goal, but then it became apparent progress never shows.

@ xcr
It's funny, the only times anyone gets their ass here it's because people so obviously frustrated over asking a simple task 5+ times.
People really have to get you here. Let me repeat that. They have to get you to come here. They have to become frustrated enough first.
Then something reassuring is said, and why you guys are so busy, you feel bad for doubting, then the next week it's the same without any actual progress.

I mean it's been getting beyond ridiculous all of this really.. it's such a low level of public commitment from 8 people.

When I critisize someone's business, they take it to heart and change this because it's vital for them to keep a good business.
When I critisize someone of their hobby, they get defensive and often don't change anything.

This looks like a hobby project right now.

I come here every free minute I have every single day. I post whenever I can. No one makes me come here. I understand you are frustrated, but now you are just intentionally instigating a fight.

I wholly agree with what 5000Bitcoins has said. GreXX, I've been here since the beginning and the amount of delays and missed deadlines that I've seen is appalling, scratch that embarrassing. I know that Crypti is built on new source code and bugs, delays etc. are going to occur, but there's a line when it becomes downright ridiculous.

For example Boris fixed a bug for the new version on Monday, it was supposed to be sent to your internal testing on Tuesday. And ready for release on Thursday (2-day test cycle). Thursday arrives and the new version hasn't even entered testing yet. To top it all off the new version wasn't supposed to be released this week, it was due last week.

Crypti's development progress is so bad, that the only progress made in the last 2-3 months has been :

- 0.1.7 Release with Windows Wallet (Neither of which work properly yet, can't Forge or Send Transactions on Windows)
- Temporary PoT Solution (The only positive out of this)
- Block Explorer (That doesn't work properly)
- Faucet (That nobody uses or cares about, and which is also offline)

Secondly GreXX, you are Crypti's PR Lead, please don't act like you do this voluntarily when you say "No one makes me come here", it is your job as PR Lead to manage communication with your community. Also in the position that Crypti is currently in, I wouldn't be making comments about other currencies.

What will it take for your team to catch a wake up? I'd like to see how the rest of the team feels when the price is below 100 Satoshis, because that's where it's going to be heading if there isn't any improvement soon.

Finally I've lost track of the number of times that there's been contradictions between team members statements, I'm not going to post them unless I have to, because the blame for this can't only be put on you GreXX.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

Heres my Solution to the problems I outlined in my post above :

The Solution

1. Create Proper Deadlines
It's time to ditch this "It's done when it's done" crap and move to a proper release schedule. Proper realistic deadlines need to be created, and the whole team should work reaching that deadline. No more "it should be done in 3 weeks" or anything like that, we need actual dates. The "It's done when it's done" mentality simply doesn't provide any motivation to complete releases on time.

2. Bi-Weekly Updates
Currently the only time we get real updates is when we constantly have to ask for them, or when shit hits the fan. That should not be the case, we shouldn't have to ask for updates as I've mentioned before, they should be provided in a timely manner. I suggest that GreXX provides the community with 2 weekly updates, covering everything that the team has done since the previous update. I suggest the updates take place on a Wednesday and Saturday each week.

3. External Communications Auditor
Frankly, at the moment we can't trust the word of any member of the team, therefore I suggest that we nominate a member of the community, one that is not currently on the Crypti Team, to view and participate in  the internal communications channel between the Crypti Team members. The member of the community would then report back to community to verify the bi-weekly updates or to answer questions that need verification.

4. Open Testing Cycles
At the moment all testing of new Crypti releases, are being done internally, and at the moment terribly. I suggest that the Crypti Team make testing cycles open to anyone that would like to participate. The advantage of this, is that new releases are being tested across a wider variety of platforms and will be more conducive to bug finding than internal testing. The way this would be carried out, would be with BETA releases, which would be released normally, however only those who want to help with testing would download and use it. Errors could then be logged into a special BETA Repository on GitHub. None of the source code needs to lie there, the repository simply needs to exist so that issues can be logged. (The whole process should be carried out similar to the way OpenBazaar is going about their BETA releases.)

Well fellow community members, what do you think?
karmacoma24

Activity: 178

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:01:04 AM

It's time to ditch this "It's done when it's done" crap and move to a proper release schedule. Proper realistic deadlines need to be created, and the whole team should work reaching that deadline. No more "it should be done in 3 weeks" or anything like that, we need actual dates. The "It's done when it's done" mentality simply doesn't provide any motivation to complete releases on time.

Agreed. We should be working towards definite dates. To push ourselves harder! When a deadline is missed we also need more transparency on why it was missed.

2. Bi-Weekly Updates
Currently the only time we get real updates is when we constantly have to ask for them, or when shit hits the fan. That should not be the case, we shouldn't have to ask for updates as I've mentioned before, they should be provided in a timely manner. I suggest that GreXX provides the community with 2 weekly updates, covering everything that the team has done since the previous update. I suggest the updates take place on a Wednesday and Saturday each week.

Agreed. They should be provided in a more timely manner to stamp out any uncertainty.

Frankly, at the moment we can't trust the word of any member of the team, therefore I suggest that we nominate a member of the community, one that is not currently on the Crypti Team, to view and participate in  the internal communications channel between the Crypti Team members. The member of the community would then report back to community to verify the bi-weekly updates or to answer questions that need verification.

Agreed. You seem like a good candidate.

4. Open Testing Cycles
At the moment all testing of new Crypti releases, are being done internally, and at the moment terribly. I suggest that the Crypti Team make testing cycles open to anyone that would like to participate. The advantage of this, is that new releases are being tested across a wider variety of platforms and will be more conducive to bug finding than internal testing. The way this would be carried out, would be with BETA releases, which would be released normally, however only those who want to help with testing would download and use it. Errors could then be logged into a special BETA Repository on GitHub. None of the source code needs to lie there, the repository simply needs to exist so that issues can be logged. (The whole process should be carried out similar to the way OpenBazaar is going about their BETA releases.)

Agreed. Boris was doing this before during previous release cycles. There is always a small group of die-hards in the #CryptiTalk IRC channel ready to test new releases.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

Agreed. We should be working towards definite dates. To push ourselves harder! When a deadline is missed we also need more transparency on why it was missed.

2. Bi-Weekly Updates

Agreed. They should be provided in a more timely manner to stamp out any uncertainty.

Frankly, at the moment we can't trust the word of any member of the team, therefore I suggest that we nominate a member of the community, one that is not currently on the Crypti Team, to view and participate in  the internal communications channel between the Crypti Team members. The member of the community would then report back to community to verify the bi-weekly updates or to answer questions that need verification.

4. Open Testing Cycles

Agreed. Boris was doing this before during previous release cycles. There is always a small group of die-hards in the #CryptiTalk IRC channel ready to test new releases.

I agree with all as well. Honestly, I'm really hoping that all will be well after Boris is finally in Belarus. I begged him to make a post here, so you all see that he is still alive. He did it 3 posts above.

All in all I strongly believe, that after we finally have an office in Belarus the devs can finally start working on Crypti seriously.. As only then we can hire new devs and begin serious work.

jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

2. Bi-Weekly Updates

4. Open Testing Cycles

I agree with all as well. Honestly, I'm really hoping that all will be well after Boris is finally in Belarus. I begged him to make a post here, so you all see that he is still alive. He did it 3 posts above.

All in all I strongly believe, that after we finally have an office in Belarus the devs can finally start working on Crypti seriously.. As only then we can hire new devs and begin serious work.
The result and Dead line,not what is the dev doing now...
You are always talking about hard work but no result... It is hard to get trust.
Show me your power not your attitude Thanks.I admire your hard working attitude but prefer your amazing product.
No progress no trust.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 12:45:08 PM by 5000Bitcoins

If you remember from the 2 1/2 hour Skype discussion we had, I stated my position as not opposing Snet, but desiring to wait until we had more to offer.  Right now XCR is nothing more than "just another ALTCOIN".  

I also am suspicious of you and your motives, as you refuse to identify yourself, yet you try to hard sell us on Snet.

I would not buy a car from a salesman wearing a mask.

Here you have my motives:

Drop this irrelevant bullshit, the man in the mask wants to know what's going on here, I don't care about your position on anything.

You attack me for pressing about issues, that's fine, I don't care, I'll keep pressing about them until the community gets to hear what they deserve, for sticking around here for months, while everyone else has already dumped on us and left, sticking around for every delayed deadline, every confusing and vague statement, if you don't like me, yet again I am well past the point of caring about personal crap, let's be real here I/we want to know what's going on with my investment.

For the record I hardsold XCR to Supernet too because I was excited about it, but gave up on the idea after your bullshit. Now drop it, that was several weeks ago.
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:10:20 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 01:21:31 PM by 5000Bitcoins

The Solution

2. Bi-Weekly Updates

4. Open Testing Cycles

I agree. I personally just want to know what we're doing right now.
Several months has passed by, little to no progress has been made.. we all like the developers attitude here when they do speak, but it's not about that.
It's about the technology, the progress, the continued progress. If we want to become serious, something has to change. We're past the point of talking..  The last three or four weeks has always had something in store, but nothing has been delivered. And that pattern just repeats itself over and over, so there comes a time when you have little hope there'll be something new in several weeks from here too because history tells a different story.

We've had the temporary solution up and running well over a month now and there's nothing new to speak of, this isn't a personal attack, it's reality.
It's good many spoke up here now, but as much as I like the sophisticated guys of the team.. we've heard all of this before.
I guess people, and rightfully so, just wonder, what will be different now? Can we do something about this?
I personally won't be listening to too many words that don't address the issues at hand head on.

It's time we not only have a discussion of these reocurring problems but we actually fix them. This sounds like a good solution to close the gap between community and foundation.
It's been like this for too long, and I think everyone here whether they want to voice it or not is slightly frustrated, first they get dumped on, then most of the community leaves, then those who are left have not a single clue what's being done, or when things are going to be finished.

Ofcourse when it is like this, people like myself lose my cool sometimes and negativity is more present than positivity, but I'm not going to apologize for it this time because we've been down the road on this subject so many times I've lost count, so it's time to actually do something about it now...

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:57:30 PM

Perhaps set up an ircmeeting with community + foundation + atleast one developer this weekend. What do you think?
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:06:09 PM

Perhaps set up an ircmeeting with community + foundation + atleast one developer this weekend. What do you think?
+1 that sounds good to me

Avalanche is a must own
karmacoma24

Activity: 178

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

+1 I will be available as always on: #CryptiTalk IRC.

To be fair, GreXX made a welcome effort to be present in IRC this week. For those present (jari76, myself and the usual silent lurkers), it most certainly provided a confidence boost. I provided pastebins to those who came asking for news, but it appears there are still unanswered questions.

I've also had a few long conversations with 5000Bitcoins this week. He really has huge amounts of passion & energy. If you guys want to avoid conflict. May I suggest you find a way to channel that passion & energy into crypti rather than against it. We have a long haul ahead of us and we need all help we can get...

Peace, Smiley Karmacoma24.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

The Solution

2. Bi-Weekly Updates

4. Open Testing Cycles

Just bumping this to the new page.
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:49:11 PM

+1 I will be available as always on: #CryptiTalk IRC.

To be fair, GreXX made a welcome effort to be present in IRC this week. For those present (jari76, myself and the usual silent lurkers), it most certainly provided a confidence boost. I provided pastebins to those who came asking for news, but it appears there are still unanswered questions.

I've also had a few long conversations with 5000Bitcoins this week. He really has huge amounts of passion & energy. If you guys want to avoid conflict. May I suggest you find a way to channel that passion & energy into crypti rather than against it. We have a long haul ahead of us and we need all help we can get...

Peace, Smiley Karmacoma24.

Yep, unfortunely I was not around for this! But it seems to me we might need a developer in there too to cover all grounds as they work on different subjects.
I think just an hour or two would put a lot of peoples mind at ease and save us all some headache and confusion.
I suggested this weekend and maybe a time that fits both US and EU, if people can make time for it, we can compile some questions, have a effective conversation and then post it here for anyone who didn't participate

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:50:00 AM

Hey Guys, I am working with the team to find out when we might be able to work something out to do a chat. For reference, we do our weekly meetings at around 12 my time (U.S. Denver, Mountain Time) on Saturdays. They last anywhere from 2 hours to as long as 6 (the longest). Worst case, maybe I can get a few of us to stick around after the meeting or pop in during.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:29:42 PM

Hey Guys, I am working with the team to find out when we might be able to work something out to do a chat. For reference, we do our weekly meetings at around 12 my time (U.S. Denver, Mountain Time) on Saturdays. They last anywhere from 2 hours to as long as 6 (the longest). Worst case, maybe I can get a few of us to stick around after the meeting or pop in during.

What is the status on the new version? When is it coming out?
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:37:34 PM

What is the status on the new version? When is it coming out?

I'll ask this!

I'm currently on the iRC with a bunch of XCRs. Just waiting for a developer and GreXX now. Join if you got time. I'll give them the time they need to sort out their internal discussion first, and maybe then they got time for us.

I'm thinking of asking about clarifications on:

The new version
Custom Made Blockchains
Windows wallet forging
Belarus
About new developers
ETAs
The solution you brought up.

If you got anything else, or anyone got anything else and can't participate let me know. I'll probably come up with more as we go.. hoping for a constructive discussion... I'll ask the hard questions! From a market perspective, they no longer matter too much if they are negative, so maybe we can get some straight answers so we're all in the loop on what to expect now.

Let me know!
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: