Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 08:28:35 PM

Hey Guys, I am working with the team to find out when we might be able to work something out to do a chat. For reference, we do our weekly meetings at around 12 my time (U.S. Denver, Mountain Time) on Saturdays. They last anywhere from 2 hours to as long as 6 (the longest). Worst case, maybe I can get a few of us to stick around after the meeting or pop in during.

What is the status on the new version? When is it coming out?

I'll ask this!

I'm currently on the iRC with a bunch of XCRs. Just waiting for a developer and GreXX now. Join if you got time. I'll give them the time they need to sort out their internal discussion first, and maybe then they got time for us.

I'm thinking of asking about clarifications on:

The new version
Custom Made Blockchains
Windows wallet forging
Belarus
About new developers
ETAs
The solution you brought up.

If you got anything else, or anyone got anything else and can't participate let me know. I'll probably come up with more as we go.. hoping for a constructive discussion... I'll ask the hard questions! From a market perspective, they no longer matter too much if they are negative, so maybe we can get some straight answers so we're all in the loop on what to expect now.

Let me know!

Count me in. I'll be there later tonight, I've got a whole lot of questions that need answering.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:35:03 AM

What it the status now?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 01:53:56 PM

The talk yesterday here for those who couldn't participate

http://pastebin.com/zYCh2ng9
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 03:23:34 PM

@GreXX i’m also a node.js addicted fan! Is there a possibility to get the current source for review?

Anybody?

I would like to check on your development, and see if i can give you a hand on it! I’m free at the moment maybe i could come in handy!

So you consistently come into our thread and talk about how NODE is better than us, you are an avid visitor and fan to the NODE thread and have offered to work for them, and you want our source code?

IMO one of 2 things is happening here. Either you are working for the NODE team and due to the fact that they hit a hurdle you want to see if our code can help, or you are trying to get both of our source codes to develop something of your own. You haven't been here in like a month, so I seriously question the motivation here.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:05:54 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 04:32:00 PM by 5000Bitcoins

@GreXX i’m also a node.js addicted fan! Is there a possibility to get the current source for review?

Anybody?

I would like to check on your development, and see if i can give you a hand on it! I’m free at the moment maybe i could come in handy!

So you consistently come into our thread and talk about how NODE is better than us, you are an avid visitor and fan to the NODE thread and have offered to work for them, and you want our source code?

IMO one of 2 things is happening here. Either you are working for the NODE team and due to the fact that they hit a hurdle you want to see if our code can help, or you are trying to get both of our source codes to develop something of your own. You haven't been here in like a month, so I seriously question the motivation here.

If he really wants to help, get him to help you with public testing as Wulfcastle suggested because you need this help, but don't cut outsiders out like this, people expressing interest in XCR isnt even big right and what you do doesnt help this.... especially continuessly talking down on another currency, how's this doing XCR any good?

This guy, even if he was somewhat insulting while doing so was talking about the db structure/opt issues while back and how Node was better at this, and for the record lol they were and are currently and thats reality, and now you're on that, so surely, he's offered you good advice thus far even if he did not tell you it in a sunshine and flowers kinda way because currently it isn't...... this is getting ridiculous

You shouldn't share XCR SC sure, but in it's current form it's gonna help Node, really? We've hit a hurdle too, remember?

Wake up!

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:40:53 PM

Anyway Pastebin tldr from what was said:

New stable version tomorrow if it go through testing
Crypti goes to Belarus in 2 days if Russia lets him
Still trying to get to exchanges (bter, poloniex, cryptsy) but they will try harder, because people coins are in limbo
CMBs (broad ballpark) 3-4 weeks is perhaps possible, waiting for an ETA, Grexx said he will ask Boris about it.
Marketing starts when CMBs are out
New impressive developer is being filled in on XCR and will work with Crypti, they signed contracts yesterday, if nothing changed in this regard
Blockchain explorer now shows richlists for me and is up
Windows forgers need to put their timesettings to Crypti server to forge, I will get karmacoma24 to speak on this soon, because I need to know how to do it also.

We discussed other things, like XCR on top of XCP or ETH, which is cool thoughts to play with, but my opinion is XCR should do it's own thing, and if anything build on top of ETH to increase traction later. I believe people will notice XCR is a $120k market cap coin with competitive features to ETH/XCP and realize they have a marketcap of $20-30mm, what do you think?

We discussed the foundation, my opinion is that one of them should lead as a total authority atleast until we're up to speed, since their decisionmaking will be slow and everyone has to vote on everything, this leads to many discussions, on the + it's a lot of good ideas on the - it leads to things being slowly done (as we've seen.)
Having a structure in a market moving in this phase, where everyone on different timezones get to together and discuss once a week, about every tiny bit of business, can lead to ineffectivity and being counterproductive to what's aimed to achieve. What do you think?

The underlying positive thing is the new developer, it's well needed to up the phase of the work.

smoohaha

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:57:52 PM

Anybody?

If he really wants to help, get him to help you with public testing as Wulfcastle suggested because you need this help, but don't cut outsiders out like this, people expressing interest in XCR isnt even big right and what you do doesnt help this.... especially continuessly talking down on another currency, how's this doing XCR any good?

This guy, even if he was somewhat insulting while doing so was talking about the db structure/opt issues while back and how Node was better at this, and for the record lol they were and are currently and thats reality, and now you're on that, so surely, he's offered you good advice thus far even if he did not tell you it in a sunshine and flowers kinda way because currently it isn't...... this is getting ridiculous

You shouldn't share XCR SC sure, but in it's current form it's gonna help Node, really? We've hit a hurdle too, remember?

Wake up!

You missed the part where he was offering his help by wanting access to the code. Hello
GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 05:15:59 PM

Anybody?

Wake up!

I can't even begin to come up with a response to how ludicrous this is. This is the kind of stuff that makes me question your advice. This guy is a blatant troll here and has been for a long time. He has been asking to work for the NODE team, has even mentioned working on his own projects at one point, and now wants our SC? Seriously, this isn't about helping and if you believe it is you are very naive.

NODE turned him down when he asked to join their team and he's been asking for their source code to "review" as well. Look we all know how this industry works. Let's be real here.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:22:33 PM

You missed the part where he was offering his help by wanting access to the code. Hello

I know, I just thought an answer of "No, but you can help with testing if anything" would suffice, because I was reading his posts,

Anybody?

And seemed like he could be fit for testing if his intetions were really about helping out.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 05:25:48 PM

I know, I just thought an answer of "No, but you can help with testing if anything" would suffice, because I was reading his posts,

Anybody?

And seemed like he could be fit for testing if his intetions were really about helping out.

Every release for testing lately has been announced in IRC and we have mentioned previously we were looking for ideas and help, even announced a bounty. Anyone anywhere will be allowed to help test and hopefully we can get a larger test base group established for future releases.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 06:57:21 PM

**NOTE**

We now have a public repo for the Block Explorer. Please feel free to load your own and post the address here!

https://github.com/crypti/bcexplorer

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

**NOTE**

We now have a public repo for the Block Explorer. Please feel free to load your own and post the address here!

https://github.com/crypti/bcexplorer

Thanks GreXX!
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 12:53:57 PM

@GreXX

At that time will the new version be launched today?
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

Hey guys,

I can help you get your coins back from Mintpal.  I'm from TeamFLT (fluttercoin), and may help your devs-leaders with it. 

Let me know - and good luck with your future development.

Soltantgris, Team FLT.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:43:52 PM

Hey guys,

I can help you get your coins back from Mintpal.  I'm from TeamFLT (fluttercoin), and may help your devs-leaders with it. 

Soltantgris, Team FLT.

We never had any XCR on MintPal.  We were supposed to be part of the V2, but it never happened........ thank GOD.

I did, however, lose some personal BTC and about 300,000 JPC.  Can you get that back for me?

soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:17:28 PM

Hey guys,

Soltantgris, Team FLT.

We never had any XCR on MintPal.  We were supposed to be part of the V2, but it never happened........ thank GOD.

I did, however, lose some personal BTC and about 300,000 JPC.  Can you get that back for me?

Can't do anything for BTC - but I'm happy you guys are fine with XCR-Mintpal.

See ya
GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:17:23 AM

Just to update everyone, the new version has been distributed to Seb and Eric for testing.

As Boris mentioned and I relayed in our chats, because of the database changes, we had a lot of other things that needed changed as well to re-optimize the code. We are sort of in the middle of this process but wanted to get something out to everyone in regards to a new version. The only downside is, until we finish some of the other optimization tasks, the initial load times are apparently really, really slow (as per Seb).

This is something we know the fix for but Boris was working on hiring and briefing the new Dev on how Crypti works, walking him through the code, and trying to get him familiar with what needs done, so it isn't 100% yet. I believe we are still going to try to push this version out (although I am waiting to find out what "really, really slow" means. If it's unbearable then we may push to try and do some form of hot fix while we test everything else in the current test version and then apply the hot fix before it goes live.

I am waiting to hear back from the guys to see exactly what the situation is and what route we want to go. Either way, once Seb and Eric have had a chance to load the new version and check to make sure it's ready for testing, I will get details posted to the IRC channel and CryptiTalk so anyone who want's to can help test. That way, even if we are working on a hot fix, we can see how stable this version is and be ready to test the hot fix once ready.

I'll keep you all updated on what is going on. I just wanted to fill in everyone who was waiting for the release (as per our conversations over the weekend). Thanks!

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:32:12 AM

Oh, new experiments with code and again something went wrong  Roll Eyes
jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:43:03 AM

Oh, new experiments with code and again something went wrong  Roll Eyes
WoW
It is a pity

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:51:52 AM

Just to update everyone, the new version has been distributed to Seb and Eric for testing.

As Boris mentioned and I relayed in our chats, because of the database changes, we had a lot of other things that needed changed as well to re-optimize the code. We are sort of in the middle of this process but wanted to get something out to everyone in regards to a new version. The only downside is, until we finish some of the other optimization tasks, the initial load times are apparently really, really slow (as per Seb).

This is something we know the fix for but Boris was working on hiring and briefing the new Dev on how Crypti works, walking him through the code, and trying to get him familiar with what needs done, so it isn't 100% yet. I believe we are still going to try to push this version out (although I am waiting to find out what "really, really slow" means. If it's unbearable then we may push to try and do some form of hot fix while we test everything else in the current test version and then apply the hot fix before it goes live.

I am waiting to hear back from the guys to see exactly what the situation is and what route we want to go. Either way, once Seb and Eric have had a chance to load the new version and check to make sure it's ready for testing, I will get details posted to the IRC channel and CryptiTalk so anyone who want's to can help test. That way, even if we are working on a hot fix, we can see how stable this version is and be ready to test the hot fix once ready.

I'll keep you all updated on what is going on. I just wanted to fill in everyone who was waiting for the release (as per our conversations over the weekend). Thanks!

Thanks for the update GreXX, but I mean this is what we've been complaining all along. The new version was supposed to be released yesterday, after it was delayed again (this is now the third week which it has been delayed), and it still hasn't even completed testing. Now a new problem pops up and we don't even know whether it will even be released this week . Judging by past experiences this new problem will take at least 1-2 weeks to just find the problem let alone fix it.
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: