Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:03:23 PM

Let's be real here PoT isn't gonna matter if someone beats you to CMBs anyway...

My biggest fear is not time or waiting. My biggest fear isn't that Node is bigger or that nobody is buying XCR.
My biggest fear is that someone creates an equivalent to CMBs then all this wait has been a waste of time.
But the only way to make the XCR developers understand my point is if someone would launch a coin tomorrow that has a equivalent to CMBs.
Which is a really sad way of demonstrating my point. Then they'll get that wake up call but it's too late.

ETH has something somewhat similar, and they got several milion dollars, I already said the only upper hand that XCR has versus them was time.
Ethereum will have so much money they can hire 15 highly skilled developers without flinching to start building on their platform.
The only edge XCR will ever have is time, if we can get going something before ETH gets out that's what we got.
Time is being wasted here and if it's not ETH it's someone else will run you over in this competitive market where a week is a month.

Riddle me this: Is it a riskier play to release CMBs without PoT for a couple weeks (the risk is that someone quickly cathes up on CMBs while you on PoT).
Or is it a riskier play to spend weeks on PoT then finish up CMBs with the risk of someone doing CMBs before you or while everyday you lose the only advantage you have vs ETH which is time?

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/11/12/bitbeat-bitcoin-2-0-firm-counterparty-adopts-ethereums-software/

forum.nem.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ern

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:08:21 AM

I think it would be great if you could give us a weekly update on your progress, and maybe have an AMA at the same time over at Cryptitalk or Reddit. Possibly every Monday?  Grin
suppersz

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:46:13 AM

@GreXX

Any update on the status of the new version? Has it entered testing yet?
We all discussed Wulfs request this morning in regards to open sourcing the Block Explorer and I wanted to give an update.

We will be launching a new release of the node software this week with the new DB structure, some optimization, and a few bug fixes. Updating the DB structure will require us to make a couple of changes to the block explorer so we have decided to release it once we make the changes for the new version.

The plan as per Boris is to have the new release out this week. We will try to post the Block Explorer shortly after. As always these things are subject to change but we will release a version of the block explorer as soon as the DB change is complete.

I am also pushing to go ahead and release the faucet on Github as well so maybe we can get a couple running out there to get some more free XCR flowing (and with it TX fees).
nothing happan Huh

Development Update

The promised update is live on our blog with updates on PoT Forging, Custom Block Chains (CMB), Bounties, our new Node Reward Program (NRP), Development Team Hiring / Office, and the web re-design. Read it here: http://blog.crypti.me/development-status-update/

We will test the program for 2 weeks and see how well it works. After the 2 week test period, we plan to maintain a long term NRP and may adjust the TX fee reward as necessary based on our test results.

Arman and Boris will be traveling to Belarus in the next 1-2 week timeframe to finalize terms on a new office location as well as hire the additional developers for our new development team. Boris will then be moving to Belarus to lead our new central development team out of the new office space for faster and more organized development.

The re-design is continuing to progress. There are no specific updates other than we continue to work on solidifying the look and feel of Crypti and can't wait to show you the results. We will be starting the new website design this week and hopefully next weekend I can give you a sneak peek of our web design and logo before we start work on the web wallet.
I can't see any update on these Huh

GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:08:15 AM

Let's be real here PoT isn't gonna matter if someone beats you to CMBs anyway...

My biggest fear is not time or waiting. My biggest fear isn't that Node is bigger or that nobody is buying XCR.
My biggest fear is that someone creates an equivalent to CMBs then all this wait has been a waste of time.
But the only way to make the XCR developers understand my point is if someone would launch a coin tomorrow that has a equivalent to CMBs.
Which is a really sad way of demonstrating my point. Then they'll get that wake up call but it's too late.

ETH has something somewhat similar, and they got several milion dollars, I already said the only upper hand that XCR has versus them was time.
Ethereum will have so much money they can hire 15 highly skilled developers without flinching to start building on their platform.
The only edge XCR will ever have is time, if we can get going something before ETH gets out that's what we got.
Time is being wasted here and if it's not ETH it's someone else will run you over in this competitive market where a week is a month.

Riddle me this: Is it a riskier play to release CMBs without PoT for a couple weeks (the risk is that someone quickly cathes up on CMBs while you on PoT).
Or is it a riskier play to spend weeks on PoT then finish up CMBs with the risk of someone doing CMBs before you or while everyday you lose the only advantage you have vs ETH which is time?

I have already responded to this and stated that we were shifting focus to custom chains. I talked last night in IRC about my understanding that it is a race against time in regards to features in the Crypto world and that if we don't get our shit together someone else will release a solution before we do. You're words aren't wasted here and I am 100% with all of you in this regard. That is why we switched our focus. I can't program or I would be helping build it right now, trust me....

Eth is the perfect example. They raised 15 million dollars but counterparty announced today they have built a turing complete solution for Bitcoin. Everyone is susceptible in this market. It's fairly cannibalistic in that sense.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:23:57 AM

@GreXX

We all discussed Wulfs request this morning in regards to open sourcing the Block Explorer and I wanted to give an update.

We will be launching a new release of the node software this week with the new DB structure, some optimization, and a few bug fixes. Updating the DB structure will require us to make a couple of changes to the block explorer so we have decided to release it once we make the changes for the new version.

The plan as per Boris is to have the new release out this week. We will try to post the Block Explorer shortly after. As always these things are subject to change but we will release a version of the block explorer as soon as the DB change is complete.

I am also pushing to go ahead and release the faucet on Github as well so maybe we can get a couple running out there to get some more free XCR flowing (and with it TX fees).
nothing happan Huh

Development Update

The promised update is live on our blog with updates on PoT Forging, Custom Block Chains (CMB), Bounties, our new Node Reward Program (NRP), Development Team Hiring / Office, and the web re-design. Read it here: http://blog.crypti.me/development-status-update/

We will test the program for 2 weeks and see how well it works. After the 2 week test period, we plan to maintain a long term NRP and may adjust the TX fee reward as necessary based on our test results.

Arman and Boris will be traveling to Belarus in the next 1-2 week timeframe to finalize terms on a new office location as well as hire the additional developers for our new development team. Boris will then be moving to Belarus to lead our new central development team out of the new office space for faster and more organized development.

The re-design is continuing to progress. There are no specific updates other than we continue to work on solidifying the look and feel of Crypti and can't wait to show you the results. We will be starting the new website design this week and hopefully next weekend I can give you a sneak peek of our web design and logo before we start work on the web wallet.
I can't see any update on these Huh

The new version, I mentioned that Boris found an issue a few days back and fixed it. I believe Sebastian started testing today but I am waiting on an update from the team.

Many of these other issues have been discussed. The NRP was going great but had periodic memory leaks and crashes. We are hoping the new database structure and optimizations will help stabilize it (as the scrypt is accessing a node).

Boris is still waiting to be able to go on the visit, I won't go into detail here but we are still waiting on this.

The re-design of the main page is still being worked on after several renditions and changes and is going well but not done yet.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:25:17 AM

NODE rallying.

What about crypti?

I am not concerned with NODE. They are rallying because they require each person to purchase 500,000 to forge and just announced launch of their forging. Again, not concerned with them in the slightest.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:26:48 AM

@GreXX

Update? Boris hasn't post anything in a month, do you think he is still working on it?

Boris never posts anything. His job is to code until his fingers bleed. He is still working.

wakong

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:32:21 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 05:49:16 AM by wakong

@GreXX

Update? Boris hasn't post anything in a month, do you think he is still working on it?

Boris never posts anything. His job is to code until his fingers bleed. He is still working.

Ah~~~, coding...bleeding...without any output...
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:01:58 AM

I'm going to try and get the team members and investors to participate in a Skype call.. I've mentioned it to GreXX and he thought it was a good idea. He's going to check with the team and let me know when a good time would be. I'll keep people posted.
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:37:43 AM

I'm going to try and get the team members and investors to participate in a Skype call.. I've mentioned it to GreXX and he thought it was a good idea. He's going to check with the team and let me know when a good time would be. I'll keep people posted.
Regards,
Brian

Sure. I would be on board.

jiuge

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:55:02 AM

Regards,
Brian
If make it please post it here,people can join in. Smiley

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

jari76

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:04:07 PM

Regards,
Brian

Sure. I would be on board.

I'd be on board aswell, i'm also usually hanging out in the crypti IRC Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
meccaflare0

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:14:21 PM

Great looking coin, I think I need some
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:33:32 PM

I have already responded to this and stated that we were shifting focus to custom chains. I talked last night in IRC about my understanding that it is a race against time in regards to features in the Crypto world and that if we don't get our shit together someone else will release a solution before we do. You're words aren't wasted here and I am 100% with all of you in this regard. That is why we switched our focus. I can't program or I would be helping build it right now, trust me....

Eth is the perfect example. They raised 15 million dollars but counterparty announced today they have built a turing complete solution for Bitcoin. Everyone is susceptible in this market. It's fairly cannibalistic in that sense.

Cool stuff. I did not pick up on this switch.. a lot of things nowadays are stated vaguely and the talk of roadmap is confusing.
By that I mean one week it's "we're focusing on this to be delivered at the end of the week" and then when it's supposedly to be delivered focus has shifted to another thing.
I understand most things make sense to you since you are on the team but to me it's confusing at times because what's stated being done is all over the place.
I think you're a great asset to this community, but I think something that would help is really putting to perspective how outsiders can collect info here.

Anyway this is the right path to take because time is at the essence here.
Just to clarify you will finish up and release CMBs before PoT?
A ballpark on when CMBs can be expected?

Also I hope the new db structure stabilizes the client well, then we are golden for pushing CMB.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 07:19:39 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 09:04:55 PM by Wulfcastle

Quote from: GreXX

The new version, I mentioned that Boris found an issue a few days back and fixed it. I believe Sebastian started testing today but I am waiting on an update from the team.

Many of these other issues have been discussed. The NRP was going great but had periodic memory leaks and crashes. We are hoping the new database structure and optimizations will help stabilize it (as the scrypt is accessing a node).

Boris is still waiting to be able to go on the visit, I won't go into detail here but we are still waiting on this.

The re-design of the main page is still being worked on after several renditions and changes and is going well but not done yet.

So when can we expect a new version? We want a solid date. The new version was supposed to be out sometime last week, then it got delayed as Boris fixed a bug on Monday. You mentioned that your test-cycles usually take 2 days, it is now Thursday and apparently the new version hasn't even entered testing yet.

Secondly I asked for the developers to open-source the code for the block-explorer. Why? Because, the current server running the block-explorer is down at least 2 times a day and the "Top Accounts" don't work, again most likely due to the server. As it is the server is currently down and I can't access the block-explorer. It has been 10 days since I made that request and nothing has been mentioned since, it literally doesn't take 15 minutes to create a repo on GitHub and push code to it.

GreXX, please bud, we've been coming here the past 2 months, week in and week out expecting a change and there hasn't been even the slightest bit of progress made on the software side. My Windows Wallet at the moment is virtually useless, I've been forging for close to a week and haven't received a single block, but more worrisome is the fact that I can't even send XCR from my wallet. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to come here every week, just to see that no progress has been made. 5000Bitcoins pretty much summed it up perfectly in his post. What will it take for you guys to catch a wake up?

I think the time for AMA's has come and gone. At the moment the team members words mean nothing to us, especially given the fact that deadlines are continually missed and treated like nothing. What irritates me more so is that you guys show no urgency at all in completing your goals. The "It's done when it's done" mentality simply doesn't work when you've missed literally every single one of your deadlines.
casinobitcoin

Activity: 663

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:00:16 PM

Get your coin listed on one of the oldest and most reputable casino networks, PeerBet/Bit777, managed by Casinobitco.in!

Auction to list YOUR Altcoin on the all new PeerBet 2.0 for 3+ months! Ends 12/1!

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=856291.new#new

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:12:45 PM

Get your coin listed on one of the oldest and most reputable casino networks, PeerBet/Bit777, managed by Casinobitco.in!

Auction to list YOUR Altcoin on the all new PeerBet 2.0 for 3+ months! Ends 12/1!

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=856291.new#new

Lame attempt to get a BTC payment to vote for a listing. 

If you had done a few seconds of research you would have discovered that XCR is a node.js based currency....... your gambling pool only accepts 256SHA coins.

SHEEESH!!!

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:05:16 AM

Secondly I asked for the developers to open-source the code for the block-explorer. Why? Because, the current server running the block-explorer is down at least 2 times a day and the "Top Accounts" don't work, again most likely due to the server. As it is the server is currently down and I can't access the block-explorer. It has been 10 days since I made that request and nothing has been mentioned since, it literally doesn't take 15 minutes to create a repo on GitHub and push code to it.

GreXX, please man, we've been coming here the past 2 months, week in and week out expecting a change and there hasn't been even the slightest bit of progress made on the software side. My Windows Wallet at the moment is virtually useless, I've been forging for close to a week and haven't received a single block, but more worrisome is the fact that I can't even send XCR from my wallet. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to come here every week, just to see that no progress has been made. 5000Bitcoins pretty much summed it up perfectly in his post. What will it take for you guys to catch a wake up?

I think the time for AMA's has come and gone. At the moment the team members words mean nothing to us, especially given the fact that deadlines are continually missed and treated like nothing. What irritates me more so is that you guys show no urgency at all in completing your goals. The "It's done when it's done" mentality simply doesn't work when you've missed literally every single one of your deadlines.

Yep, and a internal meeting they have apparently take several days to compile info about. Really?
It's just become ridiculous at this point. The explorer or wallet isn't the only thing, things like bter 1% poloniex/cryptsy issues are there too.
Almost like is if this is just a bullshitting contest. "Now we do this, wait a week and we deliver." One week goes "Now we're on this instead."
The first 2 or 3 times this was exciting, booking one task off at a time getting closer to the goal, but then it became apparent progress never shows.

@ xcr
It's funny, the only times anyone gets their ass here it's because people so obviously frustrated over asking a simple task 5+ times.
People really have to get you here. Let me repeat that. They have to get you to come here. They have to become frustrated enough first.
Then something reassuring is said, and why you guys are so busy, you feel bad for doubting, then the next week it's the same without any actual progress.

I mean it's been getting beyond ridiculous all of this really.. it's such a low level of public commitment from 8 people.

When I critisize someone's business, they take it to heart and change this because it's vital for them to keep a good business.
When I critisize someone of their hobby, they get defensive and often don't change anything.

This looks like a hobby project right now.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:17:54 AM

GreXX, please man, we've been coming here the past 2 months, week in and week out expecting a change and there hasn't been even the slightest bit of progress made on the software side. My Windows Wallet at the moment is virtually useless, I've been forging for close to a week and haven't received a single block, but more worrisome is the fact that I can't even send XCR from my wallet. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to come here every week, just to see that no progress has been made. 5000Bitcoins pretty much summed it up perfectly in his post. What will it take for you guys to catch a wake up?

Yep, and a internal meeting they have apparently take several days to compile info about. Really?
It's just become ridiculous at this point. The explorer or wallet isn't the only thing, things like bter 1% poloniex/cryptsy issues are there too.
Almost like is if this is just a bullshitting contest. "Now we do this, wait a week and we deliver." One week goes "Now we're on this instead."
The first 2 or 3 times this was exciting, booking one task off at a time getting closer to the goal, but then it became apparent progress never shows.

@ xcr
It's funny, the only times anyone gets their ass here it's because people so obviously frustrated over asking a simple task 5+ times.
People really have to get you here. Let me repeat that. They have to get you to come here. They have to become frustrated enough first.
Then something reassuring is said, and why you guys are so busy, you feel bad for doubting, then the next week it's the same without any actual progress.

I mean it's been getting beyond ridiculous all of this really.. it's such a low level of public commitment from 8 people.

When I critisize someone's business, they take it to heart and change this because it's vital for them to keep a good business.
When I critisize someone of their hobby, they get defensive and often don't change anything.

This looks like a hobby project right now.

I come here every free minute I have every single day. I post whenever I can. No one makes me come here. I understand you are frustrated, but now you are just intentionally instigating a fight.

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:27:05 AM

TO all our loyal bloggers:

5000Bitcoins is heavily involved in SuperNet.  Remember that when reading his posts

Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: