Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

Wulf,

You put a lot of time and energy into that last post........ so much energy and time that you did not do anything else meanwhile?  Well, that is what is happening internally with the devs.  There is much going on, and they are too busy to blog here.

There is lots of communication going on internally.  Most of the devs are in Central Asia, where the time is 12 hours different from yours, so dont expect immediate answers at noon your time.  

Believe me when I say they are hard at work on it...... If you have been on this blog since the beginning, you will know that I was a very big critic of this project.  I do see lots of potential here, so I invested.  

The devs made a big mistake when they limited the IPO to 750BTC.  Other IPOs have generated 2000BTC and more.  That low limit has made the coin price higher (good for you), but limited the funds for future development.  If the devs had let the IPO run for the  full 30 days, or even a week longer, they would be sitting on a stash of thousands of BTC that would allow them to fill an office with programmers.  That did not happen, as they listened to and followed the opinion of the community.  

The current price of BTC is not helping as well.

I spent ~5 minutes typing that post, but anyway... Time Zones are irrelevant if the developers haven't posted anything in a few days.

Also the only reason 750 BTC was even reached, was because of the fact that a cap was posted. I invested on Day 1, where around 200 BTC was invested, on Day 2 around 50 BTC was invested, on Day 3 around 20 BTC was invested. Only once the cap was announced did the volume pick up again, because investors didn't want a big diluted IPO. Had the cap not been put in place, volume would've continued to drop further, and I guarantee you that the mark of 750 BTC wouldn't have even been reached.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entertainment

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

I can't believe, but Crypti is dying.  Embarrassed Lips sealed

I had big expectations with this coin, but since the begining it looks like dev team is not ready to accomplish this project. Always stalling and delaying the plan. This coin will end up as emunie, a coin that had it all to have been high, and because the slowness of its developers ended up as an unknow coin.  Sad

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Wulf,

You put a lot of time and energy into that last post........ so much energy and time that you did not do anything else meanwhile?  Well, that is what is happening internally with the devs.  There is much going on, and they are too busy to blog here.

There is lots of communication going on internally.  Most of the devs are in Central Asia, where the time is 12 hours different from yours, so dont expect immediate answers at noon your time.  

Believe me when I say they are hard at work on it...... If you have been on this blog since the beginning, you will know that I was a very big critic of this project.  I do see lots of potential here, so I invested.  

The devs made a big mistake when they limited the IPO to 750BTC.  Other IPOs have generated 2000BTC and more.  That low limit has made the coin price higher (good for you), but limited the funds for future development.  If the devs had let the IPO run for the  full 30 days, or even a week longer, they would be sitting on a stash of thousands of BTC that would allow them to fill an office with programmers.  That did not happen, as they listened to and followed the opinion of the community.  

I spent ~5 minutes typing that post, but anyway... Time Zones are irrelevant if the developers haven't posted anything in a few days.

Also the only reason 750 BTC was even reached, was because of the fact that a cap was posted. I invested on Day 1, where around 200 BTC was invested, on Day 2 around 50 BTC was invested, on Day 3 around 20 BTC was invested. Only once the cap was announced did the volume pick up again, because investors didn't want a big diluted IPO. Had the cap not been put in place, volume would've continued to drop further, and I guarantee you that the mark of 750 BTC wouldn't have even been reached.

Or you know, it would have just picked up days before it ended.
Yes yes, we're all irritated. Especially Wolfcastle shows his true colours after flaming me for "only caring about price."

BTC raised could have been higher but you know what. That's not really the problem here. Developers focusing their energy elsewhere than code is.
And nearly all of the top volume coins has started behind 0 BTC. So this is not really the truth.

Crypti has EQUITY they can front if they would need to. Their 15% should be used towards "development fund" and not to line their own pocket.
If they want to have a project at all. They will have to offer up their equity to make new developers feel equal. And let people in to help with code.

I think there is a lot of clarifying here to do. Crypti has the chance of EVERYTHING and NOTHING right now.

Just stop the community neglecting already. Let us help you. And implement the temporary fix.. today..... not in a week. Please.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:48:51 PM

Wulf,

Or you know, it would have just picked up days before it ended.
Yes yes, we're all irritated. Especially Wolfcastle shows his true colours after flaming me for "only caring about price."

BTC raised could have been higher but you know what. That's not really the problem here. Developers focusing their energy elsewhere than code is.
And nearly all of the top volume coins has started behind 0 BTC. So this is not really the truth.

Crypti has EQUITY they can front if they would need to. Their 15% should be used towards "development fund" and not to line their own pocket.
If they want to have a project at all. They will have to offer up their equity to make new developers feel equal. And let people in to help with code.

I think there is a lot of clarifying here to do. Crypti has the chance of EVERYTHING and NOTHING right now.

Just stop the community neglecting already. Let us help you. And implement the temporary fix.. today..... not in a week. Please.

It would've but, it probably wouldn't have been enough to push it past the 750 BTC that was raised. As for "flaming you", in my defense your post made it seem like you wanted to host a design contest to somehow cause a price increase. With regards to the temporary fix, I totally agree, it needs to be implemented as soon as possible, not like the usual "it's almost done, just around the corner" type of releases that we've become accustomed to.
CoinHolder

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:53:59 PM

Price is below IPO or not?  Huh Sad
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:06:50 PM

Ow shit, I didnt notice price dropped so much : |

Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:11:07 PM

bter withdraw dissabled, why?
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:12:25 PM

Price is below IPO or not?  Huh Sad

It might happend, I have seen this happend before with other coins when dealing with bad news.
But looking at this from a longer perspective, they will get back on track in a while hence I am waiting to see how deep it goes before throwing my BTC on it.
I don't blame people- they've been patient for several months only to be hit with a setback. The way I see it, if I've been patient for a month I can be patient one more or so.
Price will probably rebound slightly when the panicdumpers has been ironed out which in a sense isn't all so bad really.

Even though my confidence in the developers team has decreased, I still do believe in them amidst all this. This is new code which is bound to cause trouble no matter how boring that sounds.
Most people here who invested seem to have no clue in it's risks and rewards all new coins will have it's up and downs. XCR hasn't reached theirs yet. It still has potential, as the idea is still intact just like NXT was in the early days. Regardless, this is one of the projects I follow that excites me in crypto, feel free to point me to something else really in terms of innovation there is none.
In the end, if you wanted a clone of something there is plenty. BTC used to be buggy too, etc etc I could go on all day. but you get my point
While this is a disaster, let's not come hat and handy and scream the world is over when it isn't. Similar stories can be found literally all over.  Wink

Update us.

Also get the temporary fix up running already will you.

I would suggest hiring a developer from the NXT community, there is plenty of good ones. It brings credibility and many are very talented and I am pretty sure many will be thrilled to work with you. Stop worrying about the BTC or it will be all you have to worry about. You need help, so let's stop pretending it isn't so. You got equity (15% XCR), and that can be leveraged. Be smart.  Smiley

A long shot but I got orders at 3-500 hoping someone panics and fatfingers.  Grin
s11made

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:14:35 PM

Wulf,

Hiring more devs doesn't speed up the process. Usually it's the contrary as every new dev has to learn about the project which needs some time.
Adding devs only speeds everything up when the core is ready and fully functional. So you will have a few devs doing windows Client, others doing Linux, ....
But hiring more devs to fix a bug in the core won't speed up anything.
Yet I still believe this project has a bright future.
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:14:45 PM

More than 2 millions dumped ...  Lips sealed
CoinHolder

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:14:51 PM

Coin does not work afaik. Network was disabled, because there are many forks.  Sad
CoinHolder

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:17:59 PM

Grexx was right when he have said that price won't rise in 6 month, but it will be even lower.  Smiley
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:35:48 PM

Coin does not work afaik. Network was disabled, because there are many forks.  Sad

The forks were due to the short 60 second block timing, and that the node was communicating with every other node in that minute. This worked well with 50 nodes on testnet, but did not work when scaled up.  The Proof of Time algo was a great idea, to reward loyal forgers, but it is a bottleneck at present. 

I was running a test of the windows wallet, and my computer showed over 200 TCP connections to nodes on port 6040, which were being refreshed constantly.  It also slowed my internet connection down for browsing. 

I cant give you an exact time for the network to be up again, but I will tell you when we start testing the windows node/wallet.

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

Say what? 750 BTC is not enough for a year's worth of development? Schould be enough for 3! Count it back to the amount of full time devs and the amount of hours spend a month thet get a decent wage! Moreover, i have been with this coin from the beginning and not a single substantial bug has been fixed. Sorry for my tone of voice but im just so dissapointed.
CoinHolder

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:39:56 PM

The forks were due to the short 60 second block timing, and that the node was communicating with every other node in that minute. This worked well with 50 nodes on testnet, but did not work when scaled up.  The Proof of Time algo was a great idea, to reward loyal forgers, but it is a bottleneck at present. 

I was running a test of the windows wallet, and my computer showed over 200 TCP connections to nodes on port 6040, which were being refreshed constantly.  It also slowed my internet connection down for browsing. 

I cant give you an exact time for the network to be up again, but I will tell you when we start testing the windows node/wallet.
So POT will canceled at all?
CoinHolder

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:43:23 PM

Say what? 750 BTC is not enough for a year's worth of development? Schould be enough for 3! Count it back to the amount of full time devs and the amount of hours spend a month thet get a decent wage! Moreover, i have been with this coin from the beginning and not a single substantial bug has been fixed. Sorry for my tone of voice but im just so dissapointed.
Agree. The plan was network -> windows wallet -> custom blockchains. Firstly custom blockchains eta was moved long ahead, then windows wallet development stuck and finally network does not work. So now we now have network -> windows wallet -> custom blockchains nothing, just a token.  It is not a development, it is degradation of coin. Sad
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:48:20 PM

The temp fix will not be pinging all nodes every minute to find the oldest.  How a node is selected has not been revealed to me.  This will just be a temporary fix.  As with all things computer, it works until it doesnt, and things dont always scale up.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:57:57 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 05:21:26 PM by 5000Bitcoins

The forks were due to the short 60 second block timing, and that the node was communicating with every other node in that minute. This worked well with 50 nodes on testnet, but did not work when scaled up.  The Proof of Time algo was a great idea, to reward loyal forgers, but it is a bottleneck at present.  

I was running a test of the windows wallet, and my computer showed over 200 TCP connections to nodes on port 6040, which were being refreshed constantly.  It also slowed my internet connection down for browsing.  

The temp fix will not be pinging all nodes every minute to find the oldest.  How a node is selected has not been revealed to me.  This will just be a temporary fix.  As with all things computer, it works until it doesnt, and things dont always scale up.

Ok, so get the network online with the temporary fix now. Also get the syrenity/grexx in here to explain more in depth. Now is the time to speak up.

Also I believe that BitSeed said a couple weeks is fair, because now they can overdeliver instead of saying a couple days really and maybe not meeting that deadline.

Most people in here are seemingly not understanding concept of new code. But for heavens sake get your team in here to clear up the questions we all have.
Hit us with the truth and let's see what we can do about it. As previously stated I think you'll have to take a leap of faith with your code and your equity and get more developers to code for speeding up to compete right now. You have a businessplan for 12 months with the 750 BTC. You know, to make this work with additional developers without hurting the long term plan you will HAVE to give up some of your equity.
In the end, what you have left will be worth more.
Fellas, you have a chance to act swiftly and take this to the top by making the right decisions. Decisions that NXT or many other coins in the top did not even have.
Include more developers and let's improve how transactions are being made.

I know you to be talented developers, but let's face it. You need manpower.
I think you have to be less picky about code right now, I don't mean "publish it" but I get the strong sense you have severe trust issues with new developers stealing your code. Because you can't mean to tell me this entire space and other sites you've used only have bad developers.
Stop that. Whether you like it or not you're going to have to take a leap of faith right here. What they essentially would be stealing would be flawed code.
Give them incentive to work as equals (equity) and you'll find yourself more partnered up and stronger.

Like I said, my faith in you has decreased but it isn't gone. But it is time to take a step back and reevaluate. As I am sure this is your lifes project, like I have had my own (both succesful and failed ones in business I might add) don't let this be a fail. It is time to be smart in times of chaos.

You've shown a viable businessplan the way I see it. You've shown up to this point great PR- although I am guessing this is moreso the fact of waiting for news rather than neglecting the community as some may think. So guys, let's not fall short on the code because that's what we're all excited about. That's what differs you from the rest and will ultimately take you to the next level and take out competition given you play it right. Now get the network up and let's start making things happend.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:11:25 PM

OMG!  Shocked
They really thought that such simple algo will work on network with >1000 nodes? :doublefacepalm:   Roll Eyes
Competence of devs is hilarious  Cry
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:42:10 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 06:03:04 AM by 5000Bitcoins

The forks were due to the short 60 second block timing, and that the node was communicating with every other node in that minute. This worked well with 50 nodes on testnet, but did not work when scaled up.  The Proof of Time algo was a great idea, to reward loyal forgers, but it is a bottleneck at present.  
OMG!  Shocked
They really thought that such simple algo will work on network with >1000 nodes? :doublefacepalm:   Roll Eyes
Competence of devs is hilarious  Cry

@ starik69
As they stated they didn't prepare for different internet connections and RAMS going into this and couldn't test on larger networks to ensure it worked. (The way I understood it, not too techsavvy.)

If you remember the early days of Bitcoin read this quote by Satoshi https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1735.msg26999#msg26999
Then you can think about what new code really means, and what rapidly expanding network means also. It is unrealistic to not expect any bugs.
And if you want to check out other coins which offer "new" algos but in reality they don't really experiment with anything outside the box then feel free.
Bottom line is I'm not a traderpro or label myself as an investor but I've seen the characteristics of succesful ones.

I'm not looking to pick a fight here but you should be taking a step back and start to evaluate if your expectations are really in this world or Narnia.
Also when calling out the developers here it is ironic that you indirectly also call Satoshi, the creator of the very forum you're writing on and the BTC you claim to support - incompetent.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: