Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qqNxt

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:35:57 AM

im going to dump 1mil cryptis now. brace yourselves!trolling is fun when I needed more cheap cryptos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:44:02 AM

im going to dump 1mil cryptis now. brace yourselves!trolling is fun when I needed more cheap cryptos.

You gave away your real intent when you said you needed more cheap cryptos.............

You are not dumping, you are trying to get others to dump.  I bet you are the one that just put in BUY orders on Bter at 960 to 910 sats.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:44:41 AM

OK, we are just going to try a different tactic. I'm just going to post whatever I want and if it doesn't work for everyone, then I guess I will just be out of a job. I'm tired.

We are working as hard as we can but this is the situation.

As we said before, we had a working, successful, and good to go 50 node test net prior to launch. Everything was golden on our side and purring like a kitten. Immediately on launch we had issues, which isn't unusual, but the syncing and forking issues continued over the last few weeks. We tried multiple fixes and different methods to patch the problems we were having but that isn't going to be enough.

PoT is not impossible. The method we were using however simply isn't scalable and does not allow consensus in the 60 second block time we are shooting for. We don't believe that going with longer blocks is scalable because at some point, you hit a threshold of nodes that isn't capable of gaining consensus. Maybe it's 10,000 nodes or maybe its 100,000, but a threshold would exist and we cannot predict the number of nodes we may one day have. That being the case, it's better to just come up with a change to the core function to allow it to be more scalable over the long term and fix this now before millions of dollars are flying around daily.

This is what we were trying to figure out. It was too lofty a goal to think we could figure it out in a couple of days and we realize that. We're sorry to leave you hanging but we thought we could come up with a solution and get it back up in a few days. Obviously that is not the case so we decided to come up with an interim solution that would be a simplified PoT system that would get the network back online ASAP and try to push it out in the next couple days.

Yesterday afternoon I drafted a blog post and submitted it as an update for review by everyone prior to posting it. It was an in depth update on what was happening and where we were at. In between when I submitted that post and now, we have continued to make huge strides on the simplified solution and it progressed much faster than we anticipated.

The new solution has been completed in testing for a large portion of today and is forging great in both the Linux and Windows wallets. I believe that we will be able to push this solution live and get the network back up in the next 12-24 hours. It's not a promise, but I think it is definitely possible and is likely.

The new simplified solution still bases forging on nodes being active, but it is a more random solution as it doesn't require sending of the extra overhead bits and isn't an http request so consensus isn't a problem in the timeframe we are aiming for. This solution works and will get us back online, but it still isn't ultimately our goal or the system we wish to implement long term. It is reminiscent of an early build we had before implementing the up-time calculations we had in the launch version.

We are working as hard as we can to complete the testing and get this version out within, as I mentioned, hopefully the next 24 hours.

At this point, we will be looking to develop a long term solution and implement a system more like what we intended. That being said, this situation is fluid and we may be having some in depth discussions on what we can accomplish and what will work while still rewarding the running of a node. Remember the goal was to reward users for running nodes in an equitable manner. There are definitely other solutions and we will be looking into them.

I will also push for community involvement and try to get you all an in depth description of the problems we were having and what was causing them so you can help analyze the flaws and help to build a system that can accomplish what we originally set out to build.

We aren't going anywhere.

We haven't given up.

We aren't scammers nor are we amateurs or incompetent and we won't stop until Crypti is a success. No matter how many of you come here and try to talk trash and scare people away, we will still be here. The price could hit ZERO and we wouldn't stop.

Bottom line:

If you are here because you support Crypti and you are capable of acting like an adult, providing constructive feedback, and possibly ideas towards how to move forward, thank you for being here and we appreciate you. We look forward to discussing it with you.

On the other hand, if you don't want to come here and act like an adult because for some reason you think it's OK to be an asshat on the internet, please just leave. You're wasting my time and I'm tired of your shit.

I'll keep you all updated as best I can on the progress.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:45:34 AM

let's see..

Avalanche is a must own
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:50:03 AM

MintPal Exchange
Currently under maintenance
Planned Maintenance
Wednesday 1st October - 9:00PM UTC
The migration to V2 has begun, and the site will be unavailable for up to 24 hours as a result.
Please keep an eye on Twitter for updates as the migration proceeds.

XCR on Mintpal soon.
can we still listed on M in time?

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
GreXX

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:51:28 AM

I'm going to ask again since no one answered before. Is anyone going to be at Inside Bitcoin in Las Vegas on 5-7 October? Eric and I will be there on the 6th and 7th and would love to have a sit-down with anyone who is there and still supports Crypti.

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:01:57 AM

You gave away your real intent when you said you needed more cheap cryptos.............

You are not dumping, you are trying to get others to dump.  I bet you are the one that just put in BUY orders on Bter at 960 to 910 sats.

A lot of BUY orders just now being set on Bter in the 900s, but the only sales were BUYS at 1290.  On Cryptsy, the proces are still 1621/1433.

No dump happened. 

He was just trying to set off a panic dump so he could buy in cheaper....... In some countries, that can get you killed.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:26:12 AM

OK, we are just going to try a different tactic. I'm just going to post whatever I want and if it doesn't work for everyone, then I guess I will just be out of a job. I'm tired.

We are working as hard as we can but this is the situation.

As we said before, we had a working, successful, and good to go 50 node test net prior to launch. Everything was golden on our side and purring like a kitten. Immediately on launch we had issues, which isn't unusual, but the syncing and forking issues continued over the last few weeks. We tried multiple fixes and different methods to patch the problems we were having but that isn't going to be enough.

PoT is not impossible. The method we were using however simply isn't scalable and does not allow consensus in the 60 second block time we are shooting for. We don't believe that going with longer blocks is scalable because at some point, you hit a threshold of nodes that isn't capable of gaining consensus. Maybe it's 10,000 nodes or maybe its 100,000, but a threshold would exist and we cannot predict the number of nodes we may one day have. That being the case, it's better to just come up with a change to the core function to allow it to be more scalable over the long term and fix this now before millions of dollars are flying around daily.

This is what we were trying to figure out. It was too lofty a goal to think we could figure it out in a couple of days and we realize that. We're sorry to leave you hanging but we thought we could come up with a solution and get it back up in a few days. Obviously that is not the case so we decided to come up with an interim solution that would be a simplified PoT system that would get the network back online ASAP and try to push it out in the next couple days.

Yesterday afternoon I drafted a blog post and submitted it as an update for review by everyone prior to posting it. It was an in depth update on what was happening and where we were at. In between when I submitted that post and now, we have continued to make huge strides on the simplified solution and it progressed much faster than we anticipated.

The new solution has been completed in testing for a large portion of today and is forging great in both the Linux and Windows wallets. I believe that we will be able to push this solution live and get the network back up in the next 12-24 hours. It's not a promise, but I think it is definitely possible and is likely.

The new simplified solution still bases forging on nodes being active, but it is a more random solution as it doesn't require sending of the extra overhead bits and isn't an http request so consensus isn't a problem in the timeframe we are aiming for. This solution works and will get us back online, but it still isn't ultimately our goal or the system we wish to implement long term. It is reminiscent of an early build we had before implementing the up-time calculations we had in the launch version.

We are working as hard as we can to complete the testing and get this version out within, as I mentioned, hopefully the next 24 hours.

At this point, we will be looking to develop a long term solution and implement a system more like what we intended. That being said, this situation is fluid and we may be having some in depth discussions on what we can accomplish and what will work while still rewarding the running of a node. Remember the goal was to reward users for running nodes in an equitable manner. There are definitely other solutions and we will be looking into them.

I will also push for community involvement and try to get you all an in depth description of the problems we were having and what was causing them so you can help analyze the flaws and help to build a system that can accomplish what we originally set out to build.

We aren't going anywhere.

We haven't given up.

We aren't scammers nor are we amateurs or incompetent and we won't stop until Crypti is a success. No matter how many of you come here and try to talk trash and scare people away, we will still be here. The price could hit ZERO and we wouldn't stop.

Bottom line:

If you are here because you support Crypti and you are capable of acting like an adult, providing constructive feedback, and possibly ideas towards how to move forward, thank you for being here and we appreciate you. We look forward to discussing it with you.

On the other hand, if you don't want to come here and act like an adult because for some reason you think it's OK to be an asshat on the internet, please just leave. You're wasting my time and I'm tired of your shit.

I'll keep you all updated as best I can on the progress.

Funny how many people starts treating you like that when shit hits the fan. I'm still cool as a cucumber just a bit carried away when there's little insight.
I hope it'll change for the better. FUD happends to every coin and it's probably for the better else everyone would just feel a 100% safe and nobody would sell creating huge holders - those holders - dumped today or earlier and would've hurt the coin sooner or later. Just as those who left this thread due to this would have been toxic/trolling sooner or later at first sight of trouble. This is something I like about the XCR community, as in I don't feel everyone here is 16 years old with the attentionspan of a goldfish looking to 'pump' everything that moves and when they're done they will start talking down on it - mostly because it didn't make them milionaires.

You've attracted a much more mature audience that in the future can build it's infrastructure and contribute. Including myself.
I've looked around and not seen that much out there - besides some of the top 20 right now there isn't that much happening in terms of innovation in different kinds of coins. Many claim to be outside the box but isn't.  My point being that I have been looking for a community and developers that care more of creating something great than the price. Because regardless, if doing 1 it gets you 2. So why not make it worthwhile?
Alongside that, I see many opportunities for myself to earn/innovate with XCR to push it further, things that is very hard in NXT nowadays. If you're not jl777 or have huge coding respect it is really not that easy to contribute  Tongue. But here we're still in an early phase. And like I said the business plan is solid.
The one thing I would add is if hiring more developers messes up the budget a viable option has to be to offer up equity because it will benefit you greater in the long run.

Also I cross my fingers that the network is up when it lists to MP so that markets are liquid off the bat. Many including myself are psyched to check out the trading engine to see what it's worth. But I don't think the MP news has passed you by unnoticed - so I cross my fingers all goes well.  Wink

Also let's not downplay the windows wallet, it is something we've waited for a long time. That's actually something very innovative and I look forward to using it.

Also by those calling incompetence I composed this earlier which I feel speaks some to the matter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg9044501#msg9044501

Whoa, that's a rant...

/5KB
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:33:02 AM

I'm going to ask again since no one answered before. Is anyone going to be at Inside Bitcoin in Las Vegas on 5-7 October? Eric and I will be there on the 6th and 7th and would love to have a sit-down with anyone who is there and still supports Crypti.

Sadly nope. Going to do a presentation on Crypti? Also who is Eric  Cheesy
GreXX

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 02:44:01 AM

Hah, i don't think we are in any position to do any presentations at this point. We will however be there and were hoping to maybe meet a few of you in person.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:57:48 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 05:59:17 AM by 5000Bitcoins

Sadly nope. Going to do a presentation on Crypti? Also who is Eric  Cheesy

Hah, i don't think we are in any position to do any presentations at this point. We will however be there and were hoping to maybe meet a few of you in person.

Soon enough you will! Eric = Bitseed?

I'm sadly not from the US else I would probably be there too
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 03:03:46 AM

Eric is my real name.. I go by it on cryptitalk.com and I also go by Vetro7 on GitHub

I'm a member of the Board of Directors
http://blog.crypti.me/status-update-22-sep-14/

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:12:57 AM

Sadly nope. Going to do a presentation on Crypti? Also who is Eric  Cheesy

Eric is my real name.. I go by it on cryptitalk.com and I also go by Vetro7 on GitHub

I'm a member of the Board of Directors
http://blog.crypti.me/status-update-22-sep-14/

Ah you're Eric I see. Thumbs up you do great work also. Well, spread the Crypti word in Vegas atleast and maybe we'll find ourselves with a new enthusiast or two.  Wink
GreXX

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 03:17:22 AM

The forks were due to the short 60 second block timing, and that the node was communicating with every other node in that minute. This worked well with 50 nodes on testnet, but did not work when scaled up.  The Proof of Time algo was a great idea, to reward loyal forgers, but it is a bottleneck at present. 
OMG!  Shocked
They really thought that such simple algo will work on network with >1000 nodes? :doublefacepalm:   Roll Eyes

It's obviously not scalable to have "everybody talking to everybody during all blocktimes".

For PoT to be implemented, the total pool of nodes is going to have to be divided into a number of subpools where only nodes in one subpool have the "possible right" to forge during a given blocktime, only one node in this subpool actually DOES forge during this blocktime, only one choosen subpool talks "everybody to everybody" during this blocktime, and all other subpools must STFU during this blocktime.   The max subpool size is dependent on what will work in the real world, and the "devil in the details" is how nodes are added and subtracted to an appropriate subpool as they come online or go offline.

Not an impossible problem, but tricky, and it would avoid both the PoW ASIC arms race of Bitcoin and the PoS hoarding problem of NXT to set a new and viable 2.0 standard methodology.   I'm hodling.

Hey Mal,

It's an interesting concept and similar to one I was discussing with someone as a possible solution. After we get the main net back up and running and get a chance to provide some details, I'd be interested in discussing this a little bit more in detail. We may try to setup a community chat once it calms down a little to discuss some of the options.

Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:30:08 AM

Thanks for the update Grexx. 

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
GreXX

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:02:40 AM

Let me just post this as well, for reference for those who frequent here and watch for my updates. I am in Denver, CO (Mountain Time - UTC-07:00) and I work a normal 8-4 or 9-5 schedule on weekdays and do not have typical cell phone or internet access on my job site. So if I go an extended period without updates, that is why. When I get home I am typically available and working on Crypti related items for at least 6-8 hours a night. On the weekends I am available most of the time. If you want to get my attention during the hours i'm available, it's easiest to hit me up on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/GreXX_ ) because it pops up on my phone. I am under contract for my job through summer 2016. I can't legally quit even if I wanted to, so I can't change that. I would if I could, trust me.

Just wanted to put that out there to help everyone know why I might not be posting over a given period of time.

As a matter of fact, we are going to be updating the Board Members on the OP and our new site will have our team listed. I will try to add a listing of typical hours we are available to help you guys know who might be around and when. I think it would help for you to have a better idea of our schedules. We might also be able to include an easiest method of contact (like twitter for me) in there to help as well.

You can also join the Facebook GROUP here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamcrypti/ where Max and I are admins and can respond as well.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:31:29 AM

Let me just post this as well, for reference for those who frequent here and watch for my updates. I am in Denver, CO (Mountain Time - UTC-07:00) and I work a normal 8-4 or 9-5 schedule on weekdays and do not have typical cell phone or internet access on my job site. So if I go an extended period without updates, that is why. When I get home I am typically available and working on Crypti related items for at least 6-8 hours a night. On the weekends I am available most of the time. If you want to get my attention during the hours i'm available, it's easiest to hit me up on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/GreXX_ ) because it pops up on my phone. I am under contract for my job through summer 2016. I can't legally quit even if I wanted to, so I can't change that. I would if I could, trust me.

Just wanted to put that out there to help everyone know why I might not be posting over a given period of time.

As a matter of fact, we are going to be updating the Board Members on the OP and our new site will have our team listed. I will try to add a listing of typical hours we are available to help you guys know who might be around and when. I think it would help for you to have a better idea of our schedules. We might also be able to include an easiest method of contact (like twitter for me) in there to help as well.

You can also join the Facebook GROUP here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamcrypti/ where Max and I are admins and can respond as well.

Before someone FUDs this no cell phone having job, I am genuinely interested what job you have that doesn't allow it?   Grin
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:39:29 AM

I believe in your team, because I see what you pay for your confidence and CYRpti everything.But don't pursue perfect one pace reachs the designated position.Downtime is not normal, so many days hope to put an end to this state as soon as possible.First a simple forging.The perfect solution can test in the background Once a successful launch.
我相信你的团队,因为我看你们的信心和为CYRpti所付出的一切。但不要追求一步到位的完美。停机这么多天是不正常的,希望尽快结束这种状态。先实行简单的锻造。完美的方案可以在后台测试 一旦成功再推出。
qqNxt

Activity: 468

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:19:41 AM

A lot of BUY orders just now being set on Bter in the 900s, but the only sales were BUYS at 1290.  On Cryptsy, the proces are still 1621/1433.

No dump happened. 

He was just trying to set off a panic dump so he could buy in cheaper....... In some countries, that can get you killed.

I'm hinting the intentions of fuds above my post. people dump first then they come bashing out loud during difficult times trying to take quick profit from weak hands.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:08:59 AM

.....I am under contract for my job through summer 2016. I can't legally quit even if I wanted to, so I can't change that. I would if I could, trust me.
That just does not compute, in my mind  Huh  Is this what they call, 'modern slavery'?
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: