Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:51:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Deviant1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

True. Doesn't mean to say fair distribution isn't a massive priority on the release of a new coin though - in fact it's absolutely, 100% necessary. (Even though as time passes, the fairness of distribution will mean nothing once wealthy people start to accumulate large sums)

It is not however a means to an end. You're right in that people are mostly in the crypto markets for personal financial gain - they're also into it for less then legal reasons, money laundering, illicit trade. As much as i don't want to say it; this is reflected upon bitcoins rise to dominance (And the popularity of anon coins), which was entirely enabled through the deep net and all the nasty trading going on there.

Fact of the matter is, not only is a fair distribution massively important in the initial stages of a crypto, but also a crypto that appeals to peoples personal needs is a must too. And whether people here choose to admit it or not, the only real personal need most people want from cryptocurrency is anonymity to enable them to accomplish such underhanded tasks.

I believe this is sadly just how the crypto markets work. Truth is aside from legitimate investors, the real users are those with criminal backgrounds or with ill intent -- this is the current demographic of crypto users in the markets right now.

Very true Thingamajig! It's a sad state of affairs and I am sure Satoshi has been saddened by how things turned out.

Cryptocurrencies have proven that regardless of the distribution method (POW, POS, airdrops, etc) the end result will always be the same: the majority of wealth ends up in the hands of a few.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 03:07:14 PM by Thingamajig

True. Doesn't mean to say fair distribution isn't a massive priority on the release of a new coin though - in fact it's absolutely, 100% necessary. (Even though as time passes, the fairness of distribution will mean nothing once wealthy people start to accumulate large sums)

It is not however a means to an end. You're right in that people are mostly in the crypto markets for personal financial gain - they're also into it for less then legal reasons, money laundering, illicit trade. As much as i don't want to say it; this is reflected upon bitcoins rise to dominance (And the popularity of anon coins), which was entirely enabled through the deep net and all the nasty trading going on there.

Fact of the matter is, not only is a fair distribution massively important in the initial stages of a crypto, but also a crypto that appeals to peoples personal needs is a must too. And whether people here choose to admit it or not, the only real personal need most people want from cryptocurrency is anonymity to enable them to accomplish such underhanded tasks.

I believe this is sadly just how the crypto markets work. Truth is aside from legitimate investors, the real users are those with criminal backgrounds or with ill intent -- this is the current demographic of crypto users in the markets right now.

Very true Thingamajig! It's a sad state of affairs and I am sure Satoshi has been saddened by how things turned out.

Cryptocurrencies have proven that regardless of the distribution method (POW, POS, airdrops, etc) the end result will always be the same: the majority of wealth ends up in the hands of a few.

This is simple economics though really. You'll never have a "equal" financial system. FIAT right now is largely consolidated in the hands of a few. It's just the inevitable outcome of all systems really.

I'm sure some people reading this might have "communism" niggling at the back of their minds but even that's a joke - it preaches equality but in truth it simply makes everyone equally broke, and those that enforce the rules (ie; Government) are the only wealthy elite through excessive/oppressive taxation (It's why such systems often turn totalitarian).

Fact of the matter is, equality in an unfair world is an impossible endeavor, and if it's something that is strived for, it's got to be done with strict care and moderation (NEM's distribution did this perfectly). anyone who tells you otherwise is probably someone preaching communism when they're the ones working in government office, moneybags at the ready waiting for your cash Wink.

NEM's devs have accomplished a distribution that is nothing short of admirable -- NEM as a platform itself also holds great promise, but i feel unless an understanding is reached of who are currently crypto buyers and what their intents are, it'll struggle to get the momentum to appeal to a wider market. Take a page from Bitcoins history Wink.

Bitcoin too has hit a massive hurdle and is struggling to broaden it's userbase, NEM is the same, just smaller scale.

Wow, look at that!!! NEM now has paper wallets.  Pretty exciting and beautiful.  

Fantastic stuff ^^. Really is exciting seeing things progress.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:52:13 PM

This is simple economics though really. You'll never have a "equal" financial system. FIAT right now is largely consolidated in the hands of a few. It's just the inevitable outcome of all systems really.

I'm sure some people reading this might have "communism" niggling at the back of their minds but even that's a joke - it preaches equality but in truth it simply makes everyone equally broke, and those that enforce the rules (ie; Government) are the only wealthy elite through excessive/oppressive taxation (It's why such systems often turn totalitarian).

Fact of the matter is, equality in an unfair world is an impossible endeavor, and if it's something that is strived for, it's got to be done with strict care and moderation (NEM's distribution did this perfectly). anyone who tells you otherwise is probably someone preaching communism when they're the ones working in government office, moneybags at the ready waiting for your cash Wink.

NEM's devs have accomplished a distribution that is nothing short of admirable -- NEM as a platform itself also holds great promise, but i feel unless an understanding is reached of who are currently crypto buyers and what their intents are, it'll struggle to get the momentum to appeal to a wider market. Take a page from Bitcoins history Wink.

Bitcoin too has hit a massive hurdle and is struggling to broaden it's userbase, NEM is the same, just smaller scale.

Fantastic stuff ^^. Really is exciting seeing things progress.

Agreed, I wanted to see what was going to happen after launch an I am now ready to start investing. Put up a 1 btc buy order to get started.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:40:14 PM

I can't activate my wallet on Mac!  Huh although I'm quite experienced with crypto's, this one is a mission impossible for me. So my thoughts: please make this more user friendly because no one will use NEM/XEM this way.

Hi,

Yes. We are trying hard to make it as easy as possible and hope to make it perfect in the future.

Hi, there are a couple of common issues. 

1) You definitely need to uninstall any old versions of NEM.  So first uninstall any and all versions you can find.  (Each version will have its own folder in Applications).  And for added measure it is important to on Mac go to Finder, then click "Go" at the top of the screen. Go to Computer, then Macintosh HD, then users, then your user name, and then delete the NEM folder.

Only then after having uninstalled all versions and deleting the NEM folder, should you then try to reinstall.

2) Mac might not allow you to install NEM due to security settings. If this happens, please go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Install anyway.

3) In Mac I went to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Firewall → Firewall options → + → NEM 0.6.xx → wallet → okay. If that still doesn't work in Mac, you may need to turn your Firewall off.

4) It is very important to have the latest version of Java 8 running.

These are all the common sticking points that I can think of with Mac.  I'm assuming you don't have any third party virus scanners or firewalls or things like that because they aren't really needed on Mac. 

Please let us know if it works.

Also..... a tip from a FB comment by Bill Whales. "10.10 Yosemite and up required..."

If your OS is old or those tricks don't work, one last trick is to try the stand alone.  I actually run it half the time on mac anyway just because it is a little more fun.  http://blog.nem.io/mac-installation-guide-standalone/

Thanks for the feedback! I will try as you say, my mac is on the latest update so I'm still positive.  Smiley

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:07:41 PM

just to add something to whole debate about fairness and egoism resp. that equality is unreachable... I think it is important to understand that we live in competitive environment, where resources are scare. Life is always adapting to environment, so yeah, we cant have equality of any form in current stage of society. But concept its self might be realistic under different conditions, but then again that would create another kind of problems we would have to deal with. In the end it comes down to priorities of people.

Is more important that little kid in Africa will survive this day, or that you will have a chance to obtain lambo? Right now world chose the second.

edit: the paper wallets are very nice. Good job!

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 03:07:54 PM

I can't activate my wallet on Mac!  Huh although I'm quite experienced with crypto's, this one is a mission impossible for me. So my thoughts: please make this more user friendly because no one will use NEM/XEM this way.

Hi,

Yes. We are trying hard to make it as easy as possible and hope to make it perfect in the future.

Hi, there are a couple of common issues. 

1) You definitely need to uninstall any old versions of NEM.  So first uninstall any and all versions you can find.  (Each version will have its own folder in Applications).  And for added measure it is important to on Mac go to Finder, then click "Go" at the top of the screen. Go to Computer, then Macintosh HD, then users, then your user name, and then delete the NEM folder.

Only then after having uninstalled all versions and deleting the NEM folder, should you then try to reinstall.

2) Mac might not allow you to install NEM due to security settings. If this happens, please go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Install anyway.

3) In Mac I went to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Firewall → Firewall options → + → NEM 0.6.xx → wallet → okay. If that still doesn't work in Mac, you may need to turn your Firewall off.

4) It is very important to have the latest version of Java 8 running.

These are all the common sticking points that I can think of with Mac.  I'm assuming you don't have any third party virus scanners or firewalls or things like that because they aren't really needed on Mac. 

Please let us know if it works.

Also..... a tip from a FB comment by Bill Whales. "10.10 Yosemite and up required..."

If your OS is old or those tricks don't work, one last trick is to try the stand alone.  I actually run it half the time on mac anyway just because it is a little more fun.  http://blog.nem.io/mac-installation-guide-standalone/

Thanks for the feedback! I will try as you say, my mac is on the latest update so I'm still positive.  Smiley

Yes. Please keep us updated and if you have any other questions I can help you with, just ask. :-)

Thingamajig

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:08:02 PM

Sorta funny really that after everything i've said, we see an article crop up pretty much saying what i just said:

http://news.yahoo.com/deals-dark-helped-bitcoin-off-says-chief-scientist-095010748--sector.html

(Updated my previous posts to include this link)

just to add something to whole debate about fairness and egoism resp. that equality is unreachable... I think it is important to understand that we live in competitive environment, where resources are scare. Life is always adapting to environment, so yeah, we cant have equality of any form in current stage of society. But concept its self might be realistic under different conditions, but then again that would create another kind of problems we would have to deal with. In the end it comes down to priorities of people.

Is more important that little kid in Africa will survive this day, or that you will have a chance to obtain lambo? Right now world chose the second.

edit: the paper wallets are very nice. Good job!

Indeed. I never meant to imply equality is bad - as i said in my posts, striving for equality is something that should be done with caution and care. It's good to pursue fairness, just do so mindfully.

Sorta reminds me of the entire regulation debate; Some people saying no regulation is good, where'as i'm of the mind who takes the middle ground. Regulation is a necessity, but regulation also has to be strictly regulated Wink  (A problem we see in the FIAT world today, where excessive regulation is a serious, stifling issue). Too much regulation is as destructive as none; it enables criminals and fraudsters, and ruins honest businesses and individuals who try to comply.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:32:21 PM

Sorry but this is really old style. NEM should focus on fancy new stuff and not on paper vouchers or stuff like that  Undecided
Kolbas

Activity: 342

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:33:48 PM

My belief is that the success of NEM lies in the main idea that NEM is a movement. If you're trying to find the way in economy and finance, then NEM isn't much more interesting than other new systems with features: Ethereum, NXT, NODE, Bitbay, Qora. But remember Doge, just another Bitcoin fork! It became popular because of fun, memo...
I think NEM should keen on something political, more ideology. Something about society, history, progress, freedom. Maybe get in touch with some pirate and internet parties, anarchy movements... Something like that.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

My belief is that the success of NEM lies in the main idea that NEM is a movement. If you're trying to find the way in economy and finance, then NEM isn't much more interesting than other new systems with features: Ethereum, NXT, NODE, Bitbay, Qora. But remember Doge, just another Bitcoin fork! It became popular because of fun, memo...
I think NEM should keen on something political, more ideology. Something about society, history, progress, freedom. Maybe get in touch with some pirate and internet parties, anarchy movements... Something like that.

Yeah that is a good idea... we shouldnt really promote NEM as altcoin, but promote us as community of people that stand for certain ideals and optimal would be if our promotion would be real actions. There should be team of people really active on the internet, doing work, worth attention. Not really pay media to write about us as others do.

partnership with movements that stand for same ideals is very good idea. We could also sponsor their initiatives etc., make them part of NEM. But we have to become real about our goals. Lets write NEM manifesto Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:09:12 PM

Cryptoland is funny when it comes to price analysis  Smiley

1. before launch: coin x is gonna be great! Gamechanger!  To the moon and especially beyond bitcoin.
2. at launch: hodl! No one's gonna dump price will go boom
3. at first dump (1 hour after 2.): dump is good!  Coin x at cheap prices!
4. at 5% rebounce: see!  Coin x is gonna hit #2 on coinmarketcap within days!
5. day after & 20% lower: weak hands are dumping, cheap coins!
6. several weeks later at ridicously low prices: this coin is for the long run, not for speculation.  We have a great community and the best devs!
7. coin x gets removed from some shady exchange with a trillion other coins waiting the same destiny.

Not saying this is the case for XEM but evey single price speculation post/thread looks alike. Smiley

About every new coins release in the last months looks like this!

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
mickyd

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:32:10 PM

you are absolutely right!!!!!
Thingamajig

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:44:28 PM

Although i completely agree, you're really opening up a can of worms here - especially with any political affiliation. (Pretty sure this was already discussed back on the Nemforums)

With the controversy surrounding political ideals this is something that could end terribly. I think nem needs to distance itself from anything political and focus primarily on the "sound money" aspect.

With this in mind though, there are a few and far between politicians that understand the importance of sound, honest money and the ramifications should it not be so. Ron Paul is certainly the one i know comes to most peoples minds. Especially in the Crypto sphere.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SOlXxUBLk
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:28:15 PM

Cryptoland is funny when it comes to price analysis  Smiley

1. before launch: coin x is gonna be great! Gamechanger!  To the moon and especially beyond bitcoin.
2. at launch: hodl! No one's gonna dump price will go boom
3. at first dump (1 hour after 2.): dump is good!  Coin x at cheap prices!
4. at 5% rebounce: see!  Coin x is gonna hit #2 on coinmarketcap within days!
5. day after & 20% lower: weak hands are dumping, cheap coins!
6. several weeks later at ridicously low prices: this coin is for the long run, not for speculation.  We have a great community and the best devs!
7. coin x gets removed from some shady exchange with a trillion other coins waiting the same destiny.

Not saying this is the case for XEM but evey single price speculation post/thread looks alike. Smiley

About every new coins release in the last months looks like this!

You can expect people to dump if they get a chance to get free money.. It's normal, especially in countries where 500-1000 USD means more then in a developed country..
Kolbas

Activity: 342

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:44:14 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 06:54:15 PM by Kolbas

Although i completely agree, you're really opening up a can of worms here - especially with any political affiliation. (Pretty sure this was already discussed back on the Nemforums)

With the controversy surrounding political ideals this is something that could end terribly. I think nem needs to distance itself from anything political and focus primarily on the "sound money" aspect.

With this in mind though, there are a few and far between politicians that understand the importance of sound, honest money and the ramifications should it not be so. Ron Paul is certainly the one i know comes to most peoples minds. Especially in the Crypto sphere.

Case in point:

Well, let's see what came in mind to me. The community may start some initiatives that will be strongly supported by NEM itself and widely advertised. When asset exchange will be ready, the according assets will be created to fund the initiatives. These initiatives can be, for example: Open Charity, Open Sourse Food and Open Science. The idea is to fund creation of organisations based on principles of openness, absolute freedom of information.
For example, Open Sourse Food will help create farms and factories where each stage of food manufacturing process is visible through webcams and all documents are open. What will you prefer, to buy food made by such manufacturer, even if it costs more? Or food that you don't know how it was made?
Open Science may help to create scientific communities in the Internet and fund researches. Is it better to find talented colleagues worldwide and work together?
And charity is a good idea, NEM may start it's work with helping the poor and ill. And help to create charity organisation where somehow each donator will be sure that money goes to where needed.

Sure some of these ideas and initiatives already exists. Well, that's better, maybe support these people. I've read about interesting organisation Open Source Ecology http://opensourceecology.org/
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:16:51 PM

Case in point:

Politic doesn't mean affiliating with a politician or a party.

Politic means fixing some principles and ideas that we share. I think we absolutely need a manifesto.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:42:58 PM

Here is something I wrote almost one year ago regarding the equality experiment NEM is performing. I think most of my points are still valid and it might be useful for a lot of people here to understand the difference between equality of opportunity(something we desire) and equality of outcome(unwanted). As important as our distribution is, it remains to be seen what effect this will have on NEM. Positive effects will only be possible if we find a way to really leverage our distribution. Anyway, we are passed that now and much more potent(and counter-intuitive) market forces seem to decide where the market is going. As we have seen with bitcoin, doge, or even nxt, there's always a narrative which almost makes sense in hindsight, yet reality does not seem to obey such modus operandi. In fact this is precisely why we have something called the narrative fallacy.

NEM's Great Equality Experiment And The Marshmallow Test

What Equality Means?

The other day I found myself reflecting on NEM, what it is and what we all want to make of it. It seems there is a great discussion going on in the world regarding inequality and so NEM equality experiment comes at the precisely right point in time. As usual I think people focus on the wrong things. We should strive to give people equal opportunities, but they are not and should not be equal in outcome. In fact, though most of us start as equal now, I have no doubt we will not end as equal. If high productivity people work and risk 10x more than the other people, it's common sense that they should also be rewarded 10x more. Indeed, I think this kind of inequality is a natural and even necessary effect of the free market. If you would want to cut this kind of inequality off, you would also have to cut startups, inventions and innovations with it, since this may be the greatest driver for that.

Here are two quotes with which I tend to agree:

Worry about skin in the game, not inequality. Worry about equality in opportunity not outcome. Worry about the powerful corporations taking over the system via lobbyists and blocking artisans. Worry about the class of privileged mandarins-WNSITG (with no skin in the game) taking over the system via "grandes ecoles"..." - Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Free people are not equal, and equal people are not free. - Unknown

NEM And The Altcoin Landscape

Unfortunately the altcoin landscape is currently plagued with cheap scams and elaborate pump and dump schemes along with a horde of impulsive people enjoying playing this game. However NEM has nothing to do with this landscape. While we may well go through a cambrian crypto-explosion phase, NEM seems to be already between the fittest and is only getting stronger every passing day.

I know things are more complex but for the sake of simplicity consider the following graph:

The Altcoin Landscape

Cheap Scams          Elaborate Scams             Clones                Low Innovation         Deep Innovation
                                      I--------------------I--------------------I--------------------I--------------------I

Approx. Time:        1 Day                      1 Week                  1 Month               3 - 6 Months                1 Year

Approx. Difficulty:      1/10                       2/10                       4/10                       6/10                       10/10

Approx. Value Created:    1 btc                      10 btc                     50 btc                    100 btc                    10000 btc

You must understand that while it would take 1 day to create a cheap scam, 1 month to clone a complex coin like Nxt, it would probably take at least about 1 year to invent a deeply innovative coin if you have all other necessary resources at your disposal1(Nxt would be good example of that). Indeed, it would be both stupid and frustrating to confuse deep innovation with clones or low innovation and demand otherwise. NEM aims to bring deep innovation on multiple levels, so when the alpha version along with more interesting details will be disclosed, I think a lot of people will get very excited and some will even get nervous. Indeed this could be one of the most important developments of the altcoin world in 2014. But as you might understand, until the right moment comes, most of these details need to be kept secret for obvious strategic reasons.

Anyway, starting with our extremely competent and responsible dev team, our large, talented and diverse community, our fair distribution and equality experiment, I think you can all see that with each passing day NEM is evolving to be a whole different kind of creature, unlike anything you have seen it the altcoin world until now. But in order to see that, you must get out of the noisy and impulsive crowd and focus on the signal. If you look close enough I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The Marshmallow Test And Financial Freedom

It seems there are two major impediments on the road to financial freedom. One of them is the economic and banking system which we are trying to solve at least partially through NEM. The other one is a bit more counter-intuitive and less thought of, it's ourselves(with all the decisions and wrong moves we make). If we want to achieve something we must shift from a consumer mindset to a producer mindset, and therein lies the key.

Looking at the marshmallow experiment which emphasizes self-control and delayed gratification as a better predictor of success than IQ, I can only wonder what all those people selling NEM now will think in a couple of months.

If you would have to choose between receiving 1.5 btc for your share now or delaying gratification to receive at least 10x that amount in a couple of months, what would you choose?

If self-control and delayed gratification are a good predictor of success, it seems quite obvious to me, impulsivity may be an even better predictor of failure.

So in the end, I can only say be wise and make smart decisions because although we all start with an equal opportunity, ultimately our decisions, contributions and productivity will decide our outcome, and trust me, as it looks, there won't be any equality in that.

References
1 Through necessary resources I mean an enormous amount of brain power, time and energy to invest and conceptualize such a novel technology and an even greater amount of brainpower, time, energy and determination to transform things from the realm of ideas to reality. But it gets even more intriguing, since although these resources are necessary, in a lot of cases they may still not be sufficient.
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:24:37 PM

A voting poll was created for XEM coin v.s. NXT coin.

Cast your vote today if you are a supporter of XEM coin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1035014.0

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:38:47 PM

Don't think so that banks seeing NEM will make us rich Tongue ...
What is your reasoning?

I think he was trying to say it is hypocritical. Many in the cryptocommunity like to dwell on the "fairness" of whatever coin they are holding but in reality they couldn't care less about what's fair. Everyone is in it for personal gain.

The whole 'fairness' thing comes out as hilarious joke by now, and all these coins with "fairness" slogan (blatantly trying to attack Nxt) have failed (NFD, Nem, Node). First, the distribution isn't even fair as 71% of coins are controlled by six people. (those coins are not shown in the graphs posted by fans). (2) There is nothing fair about the distribution as 99.99995% of humans have actually zero nem.  

One lesson learned here:  More 'fairer' the distribution, the worst it does on the market as there is no one around to buy in a dying (the entire crypto scene) market.

I expect the  volume and price to drop significantly more as it's still new.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:45:08 PM

The whole 'fairness' thing comes out as hilarious joke by now, and all these coins with "fairness" slogan (blatantly trying to attack Nxt) have failed (NFD, Nem, Node). First, the distribution isn't even fair as 71% of coins are controlled by six people. (those coins are not shown in the graphs posted by fans). (2) There is nothing fair about the distribution as 99.99995% of humans have actually zero nem.  

One lesson learned here:  More 'fairer' the distribution, the worst it does on the market as there is no one around to buy  dying (the entire crypto) scene market.

I expect the  volume and price to drop significantly more as it's still new.

I wonder why NXT feels so threatened here ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: