Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jadedjack

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:45:25 PM

Don't think so that banks seeing NEM will make us rich Tongue ...
What is your reasoning?

I think he was trying to say it is hypocritical. Many in the cryptocommunity like to dwell on the "fairness" of whatever coin they are holding but in reality they couldn't care less about what's fair. Everyone is in it for personal gain.

The whole 'fairness' thing comes out as hilarious joke by now, and all these coins with "fairness" slogan (blatantly trying to attack Nxt) have failed (NFD, Nem, Node). First, the distribution isn't even fair as 71% of coins are controlled by six people. (those coins are not shown in the graphs posted by fans). (2) There is nothing fair about the distribution as 99.99995% of humans have actually zero nem.  

One lesson learned here:  More 'fairer' the distribution, the worst it does on the market as there is no one around to buy  dying (the entire crypto) scene market.

I expect the  volume and price to drop significantly more as it's still new.

What is not a joke is how many suckers you nxt people duped with your lies and false promises and then you  proceeded to further scam and rob them.

BadaBing
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:51:39 PM

What is not a joke is how many suckers you nxt people duped with your lies and false promises and then you  proceeded to further scam and rob them.

Who  is "you nxt" people? I have more nem than nxt (percentage of total coin wise). Don't let the facts slap you in the face. Everything I said was true.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 08:57:58 PM

There are late comers coming, and despite all the audits that the team did, I believe some socks will be there as well, and I expect nothing else than dumping.

Ergo, one does not have to be a genius to get to your conclusion.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
teppupkcos

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:50:58 PM

Don't think so that banks seeing NEM will make us rich Tongue ...
What is your reasoning?

I think he was trying to say it is hypocritical. Many in the cryptocommunity like to dwell on the "fairness" of whatever coin they are holding but in reality they couldn't care less about what's fair. Everyone is in it for personal gain.

The whole 'fairness' thing comes out as hilarious joke by now, and all these coins with "fairness" slogan (blatantly trying to attack Nxt) have failed (NFD, Nem, Node). First, the distribution isn't even fair as 71% of coins are controlled by six people. (those coins are not shown in the graphs posted by fans). (2) There is nothing fair about the distribution as 99.99995% of humans have actually zero nem.  

One lesson learned here:  More 'fairer' the distribution, the worst it does on the market as there is no one around to buy  dying (the entire crypto) scene market.

Hell boy there be nothing wrong with nxt coin. YES YES YES from what it looks distribution was and still is complete shit.
As a platform it's impressive and some folk got rich, good luck to them and why not Dude.
Focus energy on making NEM the NEW Economy Movement not responding to WANKERS comments.
Not really into Alts but NEM has something about it.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:57:44 PM

When I try to install the NEM wallet I have an error message saying that there is no version of Java detected on my computer yet there is Java 8 installed. When I install the latest version of Java wiith the lastest update, just to be sure, I still have the same error message. What to do?
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 10:35:26 PM

When I try to install the NEM wallet I have an error message saying that there is no version of Java detected on my computer yet there is Java 8 installed. When I install the latest version of Java wiith the lastest update, just to be sure, I still have the same error message. What to do?

First this https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

If you cant verify you didnt install java correctly

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 10:44:11 PM

are you on a 32 bit rig?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:13:26 PM

As dandruff1138 already implied you are mostlikely using Java 8 32 bit. The installer works with 64 bit Java 8 only. So you have 2 options:
1) Install Java 8 64 bit (recommended, if you are using a 64 bit machine/OS)
2) Use the NEM standalone version

Generally, please check
- the tutorials: http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/
- the FAQs: http://nem.io/faq.html
- the forum: https://forum.ournem.com/

A lot of issues/questions are already answered many times.

If you still can't find an answer/solution, contact the NEM support: http://support.ournem.com/
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 12:07:46 AM

I exhttp://www.anony.ws/image/DUji
pect the  volume and price to drop significantly more as it's still new.

I wonder why NXT feels so threatened here ...

That guy is a known lying troll. Not just of NEM but any coin that he thinks threatens NXT. Most NXTers are really embarrassed because of him doing this kind of thing many times elsewhere.

He knows for a fact that NEM is not controlled by 6 people. But it is a known and indisputable fact that 20 accounts (many of which might have been sock puppets as NXT had no sock puppet clearing) controlled over half of NXT.

71% of coins are not held by 6 people. I posted the chart of the coins released earlier without development and community funds earlier.  But I'll post the chart with those funds now. Btw, those funds are all in multisig with 9 different people as signers.  Most of which are not main devs.
http://www.anony.ws/image/DUji

mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:05:43 AM

#account name             name of cosignatory 1        name of cosignatory 2   ....
Sustainability Fund      BloodyRookie                   gimreC                                Makoto1337  mixmaster

Marketing Fund           gimreC                             Makoto1337                           jabo38s        kodtycoon   mixmaster

Operational Costs        BloodyRookie                    Makoto1337                           kodtycoon     jabo38s           mixmaster

Pre-V1 Fund               BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      gimreC        Jaguar0625   jabo38s   kodtycoon  

Post-V1 Fund              BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      gimreC        Jaguar0625   mixmaster   kodtycoon

Contributors               BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      jabo38s        kodtycoon      

These are the people in charge of the funds, it's up to you to decide if you trust them. This information plus more is in the nemesisData file in the nem-infrastructure-server-0.6.28-BETA jar.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:38:24 AM

That guy is a known lying troll. Not just of NEM but any coin that he thinks threatens NXT.

That's an absolute lie. I have never said anything negative about any top 20 coin. Post proof for your lie, asshole. Post the link where I trolled any top 20 coin. I will bet you won't post proof because you are a liar.  What I said is actually true. 71% of nem  are controlled by 6 people. I warned you guys to burn unclaimed stakes or I am going to complain about it forever.

Nothing I said was a lie.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:58:56 AM

The truth is this, NXT apart from the fact the developer probably made quite a bit (just like Satoshi) was similar to any other coin. What people hate is a few people got rich from it.

Apart from them people bought NXT on the open market with Bitcoin that served a good way to fairly distribute. I mean if you are willing to spend your Bitcoin then you are personally using up the wealth you have to buy. NEM distribution is by committee not market so actually its a warped distribution that many could of manipulated. The best distribution has been ICO sales like GEMS when people have to risk their hard earned coins to invest in the coin. And you end up with a large number of investors with quite an even distribution. So please if you support NEM never mention fairness or good distribution cause you make yourself look foolish.

And just incase you didn't get it the only reason people are interested in new coins is the UNFAIR distribution of them. What if everyone in the world got a share of a coin, maybe 1 dollar or a few cents. Would anyone care? No, what attracts people to this forum is the chance to benefit from an 'unfair' distribution, anyone who denies that is lying to themselves. 
apullman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:59:15 AM

When I installed the NEM client (v0.6.28) and imported my private key the balance showed 0 XEM. The private key correctly loaded the same address that I sent in. I also set it to primary account. What am I missing?
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:02:32 AM

That guy is a known lying troll. Not just of NEM but any coin that he thinks threatens NXT.

That's an absolute lie. I have never said anything negative about any top 20 coin. Post proof for your lie, asshole. Post the link where I trolled any top 20 coin. I will bet you won't post proof because you are a liar.  What I said is actually true. 71% of nem  are controlled by 6 people. I warned you guys to burn unclaimed stakes or I am going to complain about it forever.

The number "6", is a lie. The word "controlled" is to misconstrue. These people are signatories and custodians to the funds. Therefore, the statement has a negative sense to it and is tantamount to a lie.

Who are you to "warn us"? We do not want to end up  having to beg for money to sustain the future of the initiative. We will do what is best for NEM. And so far, the people who are in custody of the funds have been doing a great job in perpetuating NEM. If you think otherwise, then so be it. You don't have to continue to harp about it. You have your opinions, others too, have their opinions.

If you believe NEM is such a bad investment, then it would be good to just sell away your stakes and move on. Your continual presence and negative comments are proof of your desire to want to destroy this initiative. Everything is said in bad faith. Said too long and too often, it will only mean that you have bad intentions. So, in the end, even if you mumbled truth they are to be taken as lies. Heard of the famous saying, "cried wolf too many times"? That's what you are doing.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:06:21 AM

The number "6", is a lie. The word "controlled" is to misconstrue. These people are signatories and custodians to the funds. Therefore, the statement has a negative sense to it and is tantamount to a lie.

Who are you to "warn us"? We do not want to end up  having to beg for money to sustain the future of the initiative. We will do what is best for NEM. And so far, the people who are in custody of the funds have been doing a great job in perpetuating NEM. If you think otherwise, then so be it. You don't have to continue to harp about it. You have your opinions, others too, have their opinions.

If you believe NEM is such a bad investment, then it would be good to just sell away your stakes and move on. Your continual presence and negative comments are proof of your desire to want to destroy this initiative. Everything is said in bad faith. Said too long and too often, it will only mean that you have bad intentions. So, in the end, even if you mumbled truth they are to be taken as lies. Heard of the famous saying, "cried wolf too many times"? That's what you are doing.

I have an opinion too, you have no right to think you can avoid criticism.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:14:48 AM

The truth is this, NXT apart from the fact the developer probably made quite a bit (just like Satoshi) was similar to any other coin. What people hate is a few people got rich from it.

Apart from them people bought NXT on the open market with Bitcoin that served a good way to fairly distribute. I mean if you are willing to spend your Bitcoin then you are personally using up the wealth you have to buy. NEM distribution is by committee not market so actually its a warped distribution that many could of manipulated. The best distribution has been ICO sales like GEMS when people have to risk their hard earned coins to invest in the coin. And you end up with a large number of investors with quite an even distribution. So please if you support NEM never mention fairness or good distribution cause you make yourself look foolish.

First this is not a Nxt forum. I don't care what Nxt does.

NEM distribution is by committee not market

Don't know where you concocted this from. But it was an open distribution exercise and in all fairness.

The best distribution has been ICO sales like GEMS

What's so fair about it when a money bagger can buy all of it too? And before you lambast at our socks, we did go through a tremendous sock weeding, resulting in hundreds of socks being discovered. That is fair too.

So please if you support NEM never mention fairness or good distribution

Distribution was done in all fairness, to the best we could. In fact it was the best ever done by any initiative in its time. We could have weeded out more socks if we wanted to, but our respect for privacy has prevented us from doing it.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:15:51 AM

I have an opinion too, you have no right to think you can avoid criticism.

Opinions and criticisms are two different things. Opinions without facts are lies. Criticisms without proper substantiation is negative and have no positive impact to better the development of the initiative. We don't need any of them.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:32:57 AM

Why is 6 a lie? How many people are the  "custodians to the fund"

to end up  having to beg for money to sustain the future of the initiative. We will do what is best for NEM.

That's nonsense. Nem already had 25% coins reserved for developers and future funds.  You  should not have that reserved stakes if you were going to claim all the unclaimed stakes on top of that. That  number went all the way to 71% by  the launch date.   Only 29% were distributed.

If you believe NEM is such a bad investment, then it would be good to just sell away your stakes and move on.

No, thank you. It's a free world and I am free to post facts, even if you don't like them. The fact is that even though marketcapp shows all 9 billion coins, only 29% were distributed. What that means is that as more and more coins are given away or sold by the "custodians" the prices are going to fall even more down.  

I shan't say more. You have equal purview to the same things I have. But whatever you said is a lie, if not, I suggest you read through the entire history and facts about NEM's distribution, use of funds, and initiative. Don't use words like "nonsense", "absolute lie", "warn", "you bet",  etc. These words make it seem that you know everything. But the fact is you don't. If you still think you do and you mean them for the good of NEM, then I have only this to say, i.e., I bet you are not very smart.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:33:34 AM

don't feed the uneducated trolls, just ignore them, they have nothing better to do in their lives.

they act tough and everything because they are behind the keyboard...

just simply IGNORE...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:37:31 AM

don't feed the uneducated trolls, just ignore them, they have nothing better to do in their lives.

they act tough and everything because they are behind the keyboard...

just simply IGNORE...

Yes, thanks for the advice. You are right that there is no need to go down to that level. Besides, there are only a few of them from the core of ruts. I will abstain. Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: