Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 [949] 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:19:04 AM

Hi !

I just made an online paper wallet generator for XEM using php2nem and NIS API.

You can check it here

Generated NAJPXZ-AQ2HMK-72JILF-PLJBC6-MQLA3L-PRLP4Y-4NZN and imported the private key in client with success ! Earlier I tried to send some XEM on the paper from poloniex but got "COMPLETE: ERROR" (seems to be Polo issue).

I also made a simple faucet script, almost finished, I'm working on automating payouts.

Yeeaaah!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I just handed out a lot of paper wallets.  That is really cool.  We are really excited about getting a faucet too!  I'll chip in to help charge it.

That would be great ! Smiley

If it works with no problems, I plan to open source it, everyone will be able to run a XEM faucet easily.

I still need to experiment but I think I'll publish some tutorials about using the API to create XEM web services, starting with paper wallet generator, It's so simple any level webmaster can do it in 5 minutes.

Is this your NEM donation account? will send some your way if so:

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:19:27 PM

Hi !

You can check it here

Generated NAJPXZ-AQ2HMK-72JILF-PLJBC6-MQLA3L-PRLP4Y-4NZN and imported the private key in client with success ! Earlier I tried to send some XEM on the paper from poloniex but got "COMPLETE: ERROR" (seems to be Polo issue).

I also made a simple faucet script, almost finished, I'm working on automating payouts.

Great job! May I suggest 2 improvements?

1. Make the keys easily cut and paste into the NCC wallet
2. Generate a QR Code as well.

But this is great!

Thanks, I think I have a small piece of code to generate QR Codes somewhere, I'm on it Wink

Is this your NEM donation account? will send some your way if so:

Yes it is, thanks ! Cool

Quantum_Mechanics

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 07:25:57 PM

Great job! May I suggest 2 improvements?

1. Make the keys easily cut and paste into the NCC wallet
2. Generate a QR Code as well.

But this is great!

Done Smiley

Still need to work on the design but it works.

owon

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:49:27 PM

Hi !

You can check it here

Hey! Nice! I don't want to stop your enthusiasm and it's always good if people work on things for NEM. I'm pretty sure that "Quantum_Michanics" will be a nice guy, but you should be a little bit careful with server side (php) generated addresses and paper wallets. No "https" is used to encrypt the traffic and it would be easy (he says he does not but it would be very easy) to store your private key and get access to the funds on the paper wallets later on.

Would be nice to see a java script version that can run offline  Wink

And hey, Quantum, you are using my paper wallet design without mentioning me? Just wanted to say that I have nothing to do with this paper walltes, even if the design is looking exactl like those created with my java version.

Cheers
Owon
Quantum_Mechanics

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 09:30:53 PM

Hi !

You can check it here

Hey! Nice! I don't want to stop your enthusiasm and it's always good if people work on things for NEM. I'm pretty sure that "Quantum_Michanics" will be a nice guy, but you should be a little bit careful with server side (php) generated addresses and paper wallets. No "https" is used to encrypt the traffic and it would be easy (he says he does not but it would be very easy) to store your private key and get access to the funds on the paper wallets later on.

Would be nice to see a java script version that can run offline  Wink

And hey, Quantum, you are using my paper wallet design without mentioning me? Just wanted to say that I have nothing to do with this paper walltes, even if the design is looking exactl like those created with my java version.

Cheers
Owon

Hey' !
Sorry I totally forgot about that, I took the paper wallet design from NEM forum in a java version and didn't look who made it.. I can remove it if you want to or mention you and link your java version.
For "https" I'm planning to get it very soon Wink and regarding storing keys, well I have nothing to say, trust me or not, I don't care about money, I just want to learn and be more active to help the community instead of spending my time just reading the thread, as I did for months.

n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:49:14 PM

awesome paper wallet!!! me like this!!!

good job!!!

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:53:20 AM

Hi !

You can check it here

Sent you some small donation for your work.Thank you!

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Quantum_Mechanics

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 04:46:16 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 05:04:23 AM by Quantum_Mechanics

Thanks to all donators, it's really motivating Smiley

(SSL on the way)

I am trying to initiate a transaction using remote NIS (go.nem.ninja) and php2nem with /transaction/prepare-announce but got

Code:
{"timeStamp":11320423,"error":"Unauthorized","message":"remote *** attempted to call local \/transaction\/prepare-announce","status":401}

Before anything, is it viable to send this request to a trusted remote NIS for automated payments (via secure cron) ?

If so, why do I have such error ?

I would like to make things simple and light with no NIS or NCC installed locally, but I do not like the idea of having a private key stored in a file or even encrypted in a database as I still need to expose the key to decrypt it.. It would be awesome if any user could run a faucet in seconds on any web host using remote NIS connection.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:13:56 AM

(SSL on the way)

I am trying to initiate a transaction using remote NIS (go.nem.ninja) and php2nem with /transaction/prepare-announce but got

Code:
{"timeStamp":11320423,"error":"Unauthorized","message":"remote *** attempted to call local \/transaction\/prepare-announce","status":401}

Before anything, is it viable to send this request to a trusted remote NIS for automated payments (via secure cron) ?

I would like to make things simple and light with no NIS or NCC installed locally, but I do not like the idea of having a private key stored in a file or even encrypted in a database as I still need to expose the key to decrypt it.. It would be awesome if any user could run a faucet in seconds on any web host using remote NIS connection.

It sounds like that call is only available locally. There are some calls like that in the API. Sometimes because sensitive information would be sent over the wire, othertimes because you don't want any random person being able to make those calls.
You can add additional local ips (as in remote IPs that are allowed to make those "local" calls) in the config file though.

It seems in this case you'd have to send the priv-key over the wire which is not a good idea.
http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/#requestPrepareAnnounce

In fact there is a fat warning in the reference (under 6. Initiating Transactions) not to do that Smiley
So I'd advise to not add the remote ip as local ip in this case.

Quantum_Mechanics

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 09:18:10 AM

(SSL on the way)

Code:

It sounds like that call is only available locally. There are some calls like that in the API. Sometimes because sensitive information would be sent over the wire, othertimes because you don't want any random person being able to make those calls.
You can add additional local ips (as in remote IPs that are allowed to make those "local" calls) in the config file though.

It seems in this case you'd have to send the priv-key over the wire which is not a good idea.

In fact there is a fat warning in the reference (under 6. Initiating Transactions) not to do that Smiley

Yeah I saw this fat warning box but I wanted to give it a try ^^. Thanks for your reply.  I'm going to try something else today but involving a local NCC this time.

Btw, SSL now active on the online paper wallet generator.

patmast3r

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:38:58 AM

(SSL on the way)

Code:

Yeah I saw this fat warning box but I wanted to give it a try ^^. Thanks for your reply.  I'm going to try something else today but involving a local NCC this time.

Btw, SSL now active on the online paper wallet generator.

Why not run a local NIS ? That way you're supporting the network Smiley

Quantum_Mechanics

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 09:51:21 AM

That would be nice but my old laptop just can't do it,  I'll buy a VPS and a Pi for that later but for now I'm dry Grin

patmast3r

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:30:02 AM

That would be nice but my old laptop just can't do it,  I'll buy a VPS and a Pi for that later but for now I'm dry Grin

that website runs on an old laptop ? plenty of free webspace around Smiley

g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:45:56 AM

cut

don't mean to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about.
join slack of telegram get outside of btt hole, btt was a starting point,
but we won't care about btt in long run anyway.
why do you guys notice only the "not responding" part? Dont try to defend yourselfs. I was speaking about the whole ecosystem of nem.

Christ is this a joke? This is why NEM is going no where.
Nem is going no where because of "marketers" or whar are they called. So many excuses, delays, weak marketing,almost no PR at all,no innovation and developement in last few months,devs dont accept the help offered.by the community,i mean they have to be more open minded Thats why nem woth nothing. We need a radical change.
No. There is financial world crisis (grexit, china stock market bubble). Also Vitalik's baby born, Ethereum sucks out all oxygen from second generation cryptocurrency family. There is no room for NEM growth.

Nem has to do nothing with world financial crisis. Just a limited number of persons know about it. 1-2k person isn't enough to make a "coin" grow or spread. NEM has to be much more mainstream to get in a such a financial layer.

1-2k person??? I see maybe 7 people posting in this thread. I am going to say maybe 300-500 people actually care this coin exists.
You could say that for many coins and talking as far as the BTT community goes perhaps, but there must be alot more people trading in it on the exchanges to keep the volume and marketcap as high as it is.
There are more people interested in cryptocurrency than you might think.
We were speaking about NEM

Right now we would like help with people making infographics, working on NCC, writing articles, building webpages (if anybody knows Ruby we are having a sticking point with transferring forums and a person with Ruby knowledge would help out for sure) and making a faucet (address and server space provided, just need somebody to code it).

Yeah, i can totally understand but these things doesn't have to take months... at least webpages and faucets. Other coins have in 2 days. Yeah i know you are going to write "NOPE, this is a fucking unique coin,bla,bla ,bla".But just stay for a moment and think about it. You had more than a year to make these things.
Or if your idea was to "keep" the innovation by creating new webpage,etc, i didn't think so that will get more people back on the board again. NEM lost his legitimity in those months when you guys postponed the launch for months.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:23:18 PM

We have not had an update in a while.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 03:47:53 PM

We have not had an update in a while.

This was the last one.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg11919225#msg11919225

I was hoping to get a few more things to make a good read.  So I think next weekend maybe.   

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:15:51 PM

can somebody tell me in simple terms what's going on with this coin  Huh

Till what extent does NEM have an advantage/disadvantage over NXT and other coins? I had a dream today about NEM I can't share but if it becomes reality I have to buy big now!

You should probably buy to be on the safe side Smiley

Here is a good comparison to Bitcoin, someone should outline the same against NXT:

This is exactly right. "These are still early days."

PayPal processes $240 billion worth of transactions a year and has a marketcap of $45 billion. https://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PYPL
Visa processes $4.8 trillion worth of transactions a year and has a marketcap of $181 billion. https://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=V

A $9 billion marketcap is nothing for a technology that will most likely compete with all current financial institutions.

Bitcoin has first-mover advantage and is the top brand, but NEM will have second-mover advantage being more efficient and feature-rich.

Bitcoin
-Has inflation (14,437,800 btc in circulation, that leaves 6,562,200 btc still left to mine). https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins   https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply
-Energy hog Proof-of-Work block reward algorithm. (PoW a.k.a. Proof-of-Waste)
-PoW mining causes monetary inflation.
-Slow 10 minute transaction confirmation.
-Poor initial distribution.
-No asset exchange.

NEM
+Zero inflation (fixed supply, all 9 billion coins released at launch).
+Energy efficient Proof-of-Importance block reward algorithm. (PoI is environmentally friendly and rewards only the most active nodes.)
+PoI harvesting, no monetary inflation, coins are earned solely from transaction fees.
+Fast 1 minute transaction confirmation.
+Relatively large egalitarian distribution.
+Delegated harvesting.
+Encrypted messaging.
+m-of-n Multi-signature.
+Eigentrust++ peer reputation management.
+One-click install client.
+Ninja releases!  Cool
future:
  +Business rules.
  +Decentralized asset exchange.
  +Mobile wallet for Android and IOS.
  +...

NEM is built 100% from scratch (not a fork of Bitcoin or Nxt). The devs engineered NEM for the future with 9 billion* XEM.
*actually 8,999,999,999 XEM (Burning 1 XEM gave us that "fortunate" eight at the beginning.)

Estimated population, based on current growth trends, to reach 9 billion in 2040.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projections_of_population_growth
World population to exceed 9 billion by 2050.  http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/wpp2008/pressrelease.pdf

Bitcoin: 21 million/1 satoshi = 2.1 quadrillion units.
NEM: 9 billion/0.000001 = 9 quadrillion units.

The unregulated derivatives market is ~$1.5 quadrillion dollars. http://moneymorning.com/2014/10/01/taking-profits-in-a-1-5-quadrillion-bubble/

NEM is designed to accommodate our entire global economy.

NEM has great potential. In the future I can easily see 1 XEM being valued at 1 fiat dollar.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Quantum_Mechanics

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 05:47:02 PM

that website runs on an old laptop ? plenty of free webspace around Smiley

The website is hosted on a web shared plan actually, so I can't run NIS or NCC on it, my working station is quite old, with small RAM (2GiB) but way enough for what i'm doing Smiley
Bad experiences with free hosting, I still prefer to pay if I have to.

I tried to use TransferSendRequest post request (NCC API) and got

Code:
{"timeStamp":11379450,"error":"Bad Request","message":"expected value for property type, but none was found","status":400} 

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:32:30 PM

can somebody tell me in simple terms what's going on with this coin  Huh

Till what extent does NEM have an advantage/disadvantage over NXT and other coins? I had a dream today about NEM I can't share but if it becomes reality I have to buy big now!

There is nothing going on with hthis coin, multiple years of development and "marketing" and still begging for simple infographics. This coin is stale.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:26:39 PM

There is nothing going on with hthis coin, multiple years of development and "marketing" and still begging for simple infographics. This coin is stale.

Keep telling yourself that, looks like you're not even convinced ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Pages: « 1 ... 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 [949] 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: