Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984250 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:04:19 PM

It's real 999 silver coin Shocked

Hello

Does somebody know if there are 3d coin models in SVG format
available for download somewhere?!

Not in SVG, but I made some models in Maya to help visualize the coins. What do you need?

This isn't the final design, by the way. The design will be finalized with the Perth Mint. These coins are going to be really worth quite a lot in the future I think. This is truly historical.

Makoto - will we be able to buy said coins on the release of NEM with our own nem coins?  I very much would like a few, but aint got the funds for a few months at least yet.

Seeing as the design isn't finalized yet, perhaps this might interest you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgHvU0IQYM0

I Do like the "Wealth cycle" symbol, perhaps this would have a place on NEM.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:06:23 PM

Yes, we will be selling these for NEM. There's also a gold coin, too!

Additionally, we will probably end up giving a NEM silver coin to every stake holder in the nemesis block! A crypto first!

https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2667.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:13:58 PM

Hello

Not in SVG, but I made some models in Maya to help visualize the coins. What do you need?

This isn't the final design, by the way. The design will be finalized with the Perth Mint. These coins are going to be really worth quite a lot in the future I think. This is truly historical.

Makoto - will we be able to buy said coins on the release of NEM with our own nem coins?  I very much would like a few, but aint got the funds for a few months at least yet.

Do you mean that squarish infinity symbol?

Actually, does everyone notice that the NEM symbol is made up of lines? There's a reason for that: I am hiding a latent message in there that can only be viewed from certain angles and lighting conditions.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:17:05 PM

Hello

Actually, does everyone notice that the NEM symbol is made up of lines? There's a reason for that: I am hiding a latent message in there that can only be viewed from certain angles and lighting conditions.

Aha, thats brilliant. I love attention to detail to such things. It's certainly something i'll look for once i get my hands on these rounds.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:19:28 PM

Regarding the number of coins, some comments on the proposal here would be great!
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2661.msg9571#msg9571

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:27:36 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 01:39:40 PM by rockethead

Guys at the moment, looking at the AE, price of one NEM is 150 satoshis. When we start trading on exchanges, upon the launch, will we beat this price or the price will be lower?

I would like to hear opinions since I am thinking should I buy a NEMStake now, or wait the launch. Please keep in mind that there will be a lot of people who will dump their stakes upon the launch. If the price will be 150 satoshis, this will be an easy 1,5 BTC for them. This will surely drive the price down and let's face it, there are people like that, who are just looking for the easy money, moreover since they invested hardly nothing. There are many coins that were more expensive on IPO than after launch. Also I think that price drop is inevitable, BTSX dropped over 50% from the launch price before it started going up.

Another thing in mind is that there are 4B NEMs to 1B NXT. This would put a price of 1 NEM to the 600 satoshis launch price comparing to NXT, since there are 4 times more coins. Anybody remembers the price of 1 NXT when it hit the exchenges upon the launch? Is this 600 satoshis to much for NEM to beat?

Feature wise, looking at NXT at the moment there is just coin sending, better distribution and POA algorithm that is making forging fairer. All other feats are just promises.

I am not trying to spread FUD, just trying to think in advance, invest, and hear other peoples' opinions.

At every launch, consistent with both stocks and cryptos, price will drop and then take a hockey stick turnaround. This is considered a norm.

Nxt was launched at a price of 1.5 cts. before falling to a low of about 0.37 cts. Subsequently, over three weeks, it went to 7.2cts. Prices were pegged to BTC. In BTC terms, it was launched at about 0.000014 and dropped to a low of about  0.000004 BTC before rising to 0.000098 BTC.

Nxt started with something that is less of what NEM is starting at. At that time AE was also a promise. Hence on a level playing field, NEM is starting off with multisig, the first built in wallet for a crypto, PoI, the first most evenly distributed mining or harvesting. Hence NEM has two firsts.

For a price prediction go here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2459.msg9488#msg9488

This is  matter of conjecture and is by no means what it will turn out to be. It may be better or it may be worse.

Thanks for the link, I read your numbers and with the all due respect, I think you are shooting way too high price wise. Price of 1800 satoshis at the launch with the supply of 8,888 B coins would put a market cap of close to $60 million. That is number 4 coin on coinmarketcap. And then a peak of 6000 satoshis would put it in a second place easily just behind the Bitcoin.

I think this is too high, especially since the crypto space got very saturated and we are in a very downward phase last 9 months. Look at the price of all the alts, they are going down as crazy. Also BTC is going down for 9 months almost. Don't forget that NXT got launched in a perfect time, when BTC was at the all time high at around a $1000 and new money was pouring in into cryptos.

Hence, sorry but your numbers are very too optimistic. I would be happy if NEM launches at 200 satoshis and then looses 50% of its value because of the dumps to 100 satoshis before it takes an upward again.

If it was last year, Pearson Correlation would have suggested $150million. The values are based on pegging to the BTC not on the fiat $. So, if BTC is $1000, then it would be $150m. If it is $400 then, it would be $60m. This is based on the graph and therefore highly academic but still the Pearson Correlation appears to be saying that based on today's prices not last year's. The prediction is based on all the real live numbers plugged in with NEM dotted in there. Unless NEM is very inferior to the rest, then this valuation may not happen. All things equal, the Pearson Correlation is suggesting a very high coefficient, meaning, the chances of it happening is 86.7%.

Two factors that may influence it not to happen as "planned" of course is that the NS have already been traded in the AE and it would have "stabilized" the value of the coin somewhat. This is a factor where none of the other coins had the same pre-listing path. The other thing is, like you said, saturation.

Having said that, stellar did a stellar performance.

Coinmarket cap is not reflecting all the coins of XRP and Stellar. If they do then Ripple would have been worth $0.5B. Go here: http://bravenewcoin.com/price/price-index/ and look at the BNC 2.0 tab. Also you will note that Nxt was momentarily (i.e., at its peak) at about $86m in its initial days, which put them third or fourth in the list.  

So, there is a high chance of NEM going to that because of its high number of coins. It may not hit $60m, and it may end up $40m. It may not hit a peak of $135m but could hit $100m. Anyway, it is not up to us to say it is impossible. We can only make conclusions based on actual events and mathematics. It is still very much a conjecture with a rational approach. That's all.

Edit: Pearson Correlation "shot" it high. Not me. I am merely using the formula to come to a conclusion.
Isotrop

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:41:52 PM

Unfortunately I have a serious problem with accessing NEM Wallet, no matter if the standalone-version or browser-based. I am sure it is caused by my windows settings or by not sufficient equipped Java-components. NCC is starting, but NIS stuck always I try, giving an error like "unable to start application".
I have JavaUpdate 8.0.250 installed. Do I need more to run NIS? Or are there some specific system/browser settings I have to care about?

any suggestions would be much appreciated Smiley

It would be good if you can detail what OS you are working on, RAM, etc. It is hard for anyone to give you a suggestion if there is no information. Have you tried re-booting? Or have you gone to the Java Control panel to stop the rest of the Java instances if any?

Go to your processes and try and kill java.exe *32 and jp2launcher.exe *32.
Thank you rocket. Here's what I have: My OS is Windows7 with 8GB RAM and my processor is an I5-2410M. Of course I rebooted several times already.
I also tried to terminate both processes, didn't helped :/

BloodyRookie: thank you for looking into this too. But the folder /NIS/logs does not exist...

I hoped for that it is a well known and therefore easy to solve issue, which already several people had Wink
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:51:06 PM

Actually what i wanted to ask is a 3d coin model for blender so that i can export this into svg from blender
to make an animation for a website that i would like to build.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:02:11 PM

/img]

Hello

What the latent message will contain? 
"makoto is a very, very, very, very, ... very good guy"   or  some NEMsters' names like in NHL Trophy ? Smiley

When this vote https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2667.0 ends?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:17:01 PM

/img]

Hello

"makoto is a very, very, very, very, ... very good guy"   or  some NEMsters' names like in NHL Trophy ? Smiley

The secret message is: DRINK SAKE, BUY NEM Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:24:53 PM

/img]

Hello

I am the real Satoshi. Those are virtual. This is tangible.  Grin
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:25:56 PM

Unfortunately I have a serious problem with accessing NEM Wallet, no matter if the standalone-version or browser-based. I am sure it is caused by my windows settings or by not sufficient equipped Java-components. NCC is starting, but NIS stuck always I try, giving an error like "unable to start application".
I have JavaUpdate 8.0.250 installed. Do I need more to run NIS? Or are there some specific system/browser settings I have to care about?

It would be good if you can detail what OS you are working on, RAM, etc. It is hard for anyone to give you a suggestion if there is no information. Have you tried re-booting? Or have you gone to the Java Control panel to stop the rest of the Java instances if any?

Thank you rocket. Here's what I have: My OS is Windows7 with 8GB RAM and my processor is an I5-2410M. Of course I rebooted several times already.

BloodyRookie: thank you for looking into this too. But the folder /NIS/logs does not exist...

I hoped for that it is a well known and therefore easy to solve issue, which already several people had Wink

Looks like your NIS just crashed out and never got to start. You have no prior version of Java? Have you checked?

Can you completely uninstall Java and re-install it?
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:26:27 PM

I do not if this will help you but try this, probably you would have.

Un-install NEM. Go to C:> User > Nem, make sure to delete this folder. Reboot your pc. Install your NEM again. If your issue is "NIS is not available" which was the issue i was facing, let your pc to run for a while. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes, then the NIS will let you know to boot node.

zondic

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:24:40 PM

Guys at the moment, looking at the AE, price of one NEM is 150 satoshis. When we start trading on exchanges, upon the launch, will we beat this price or the price will be lower?

I would like to hear opinions since I am thinking should I buy a NEMStake now, or wait the launch. Please keep in mind that there will be a lot of people who will dump their stakes upon the launch. If the price will be 150 satoshis, this will be an easy 1,5 BTC for them. This will surely drive the price down and let's face it, there are people like that, who are just looking for the easy money, moreover since they invested hardly nothing. There are many coins that were more expensive on IPO than after launch. Also I think that price drop is inevitable, BTSX dropped over 50% from the launch price before it started going up.

Another thing in mind is that there are 4B NEMs to 1B NXT. This would put a price of 1 NEM to the 600 satoshis launch price comparing to NXT, since there are 4 times more coins. Anybody remembers the price of 1 NXT when it hit the exchenges upon the launch? Is this 600 satoshis to much for NEM to beat?

Feature wise, looking at NXT at the moment there is just coin sending, better distribution and POA algorithm that is making forging fairer. All other feats are just promises.

I am not trying to spread FUD, just trying to think in advance, invest, and hear other peoples' opinions.

At every launch, consistent with both stocks and cryptos, price will drop and then take a hockey stick turnaround. This is considered a norm.

Nxt was launched at a price of 1.5 cts. before falling to a low of about 0.37 cts. Subsequently, over three weeks, it went to 7.2cts. Prices were pegged to BTC. In BTC terms, it was launched at about 0.000014 and dropped to a low of about  0.000004 BTC before rising to 0.000098 BTC.

Nxt started with something that is less of what NEM is starting at. At that time AE was also a promise. Hence on a level playing field, NEM is starting off with multisig, the first built in wallet for a crypto, PoI, the first most evenly distributed mining or harvesting. Hence NEM has two firsts.

For a price prediction go here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2459.msg9488#msg9488

This is  matter of conjecture and is by no means what it will turn out to be. It may be better or it may be worse.

Thanks for the link, I read your numbers and with the all due respect, I think you are shooting way too high price wise. Price of 1800 satoshis at the launch with the supply of 8,888 B coins would put a market cap of close to $60 million. That is number 4 coin on coinmarketcap. And then a peak of 6000 satoshis would put it in a second place easily just behind the Bitcoin.

I think this is too high, especially since the crypto space got very saturated and we are in a very downward phase last 9 months. Look at the price of all the alts, they are going down as crazy. Also BTC is going down for 9 months almost. Don't forget that NXT got launched in a perfect time, when BTC was at the all time high at around a $1000 and new money was pouring in into cryptos.

Hence, sorry but your numbers are very too optimistic. I would be happy if NEM launches at 200 satoshis and then looses 50% of its value because of the dumps to 100 satoshis before it takes an upward again.

If it was last year, Pearson Correlation would have suggested $150million. The values are based on pegging to the BTC not on the fiat $. So, if BTC is $1000, then it would be $150m. If it is $400 then, it would be $60m. This is based on the graph and therefore highly academic but still the Pearson Correlation appears to be saying that based on today's prices not last year's. The prediction is based on all the real live numbers plugged in with NEM dotted in there. Unless NEM is very inferior to the rest, then this valuation may not happen. All things equal, the Pearson Correlation is suggesting a very high coefficient, meaning, the chances of it happening is 86.7%.

Two factors that may influence it not to happen as "planned" of course is that the NS have already been traded in the AE and it would have "stabilized" the value of the coin somewhat. This is a factor where none of the other coins had the same pre-listing path. The other thing is, like you said, saturation.

Having said that, stellar did a stellar performance.

Coinmarket cap is not reflecting all the coins of XRP and Stellar. If they do then Ripple would have been worth $0.5B. Go here: http://bravenewcoin.com/price/price-index/ and look at the BNC 2.0 tab. Also you will note that Nxt was momentarily (i.e., at its peak) at about $86m in its initial days, which put them third or fourth in the list.  

So, there is a high chance of NEM going to that because of its high number of coins. It may not hit $60m, and it may end up $40m. It may not hit a peak of $135m but could hit $100m. Anyway, it is not up to us to say it is impossible. We can only make conclusions based on actual events and mathematics. It is still very much a conjecture with a rational approach. That's all.

Edit: Pearson Correlation "shot" it high. Not me. I am merely using the formula to come to a conclusion.

OK, you got me thinking here  Smiley The only thing is that crypto very often doesn't follow logic(math in this case).  Smiley
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:34:01 PM

Maybe there is already an instance of NIS running like Rockethead suggested. Can you pm me the NIS logs (located in c:\users\<your user name>\nem\nis\logs on windows and home/nem/nis/logs on linux systems)?

BloodyRookie, in my testing I've seen that in cases when NIS disconnects (which seems to coincide with a fork for me), the Java process stays running in the background even when I shut down and close NIS/NCC.

It seems to me that when the database is accessed then NIS doesn't want to shut down. We will have to look into that problem in more deatil.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:37:23 PM

No NIS log .oO? can you open a command window, maximize the window, start NIS and then make a screenshot? I need the exact error message to get an idea what is wrong.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Appleanimal

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:45:39 PM

Somebody is selling 32 stakes on 40 000
clearance sale

The account holder seems an interesting player.

He can plays with the price, if he will sell everything, the price will fall down.

i smell sarcasm in your post, but thank, i think my estimation was brilliant

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
HungryLaunch

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

Somebody is selling 32 stakes on 40 000
clearance sale

The account holder seems an interesting player.

He can plays with the price, if he will sell everything, the price will fall down.

Well the real question is does he really want them or he is just a speculator? If he really wants them then he will redeem them. But it seems to me that he doesn't want them all since he is just lowering his price and hasn't redeemed them yet. He was at 100k, then at 50k, now at 40k. If he is just a speculator, he will cash them out before 22nd and then some people will get very cheap NEMStakes.  Smiley

he's probably buying a lot of cheap stakes while keeping the price low with his sell wall....
obviously after years of fake sell walls people it's still retard and sell Smiley.

I am not so sure. He is just a trader. Look at his trade history, he's been buying them since June. Many of them he bought under 20,000 NXT. He was just looking for a crazy price spike to profit. As for the wall, is it fake or not, well it is not fake. You take 1,2 million NXT now and you go and buy his sell wall.  Smiley

He is just trading, anyone doesnt seems to be buyin at the moment, which is quite strange. I'm seriously thinking to buy little more like 0.1 stake or 0.2, Am I the only with this kind of thoughts ?

I will buy too little bit 0,2-0,3. There also man who buy 6,8 on 28500.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

We'll keep bumping this date to remind NEMsters the date.

REDEEM YOUR AE & BTT STAKES BEFORE NOVEMBER 22, 2014

CHEERS GUYS
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:56:49 PM

Just added the info to the title.
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: