Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700995 times)
streaml1ne

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:10:24 PM

Hi everyone can someone tell me which algos and miners work with profit swiching while mining with vega...

Claymore's Cryptonight, Ethereum and ZCash miners all work, SGMiner works. Mostly it lives on Ethereum, sometimes I manually switch to Cast XMR when I notice the Cryptonight prices go up on my CPU miners since Cast is so much faster than Claymore.

In terms of Algos from my benchmark list:

Blake 2b
CryptoNight
Equihash
Ethereum
Groestl
Lyra2REv2
Myriad-Groestl
Qubit
Scrypt
SHA-3
Skein
X11

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptotamer01

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:23:28 PM

Hi everyone can someone tell me which algos and miners work with profit swiching while mining with vega...

Claymore's Cryptonight, Ethereum and ZCash miners all work, SGMiner works. Mostly it lives on Ethereum, sometimes I manually switch to Cast XMR when I notice the Cryptonight prices go up on my CPU miners since Cast is so much faster than Claymore.

In terms of Algos from my benchmark list:

Blake 2b
CryptoNight
Equihash
Ethereum
Groestl
Lyra2REv2
Myriad-Groestl
Qubit
Scrypt
SHA-3
Skein
X11

Thnx a bunch...
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Suggestion:  I run AMD rigs and I run Nvidia rigs.  There are pools that I will never use with AMD and there are ones I will never use for Nvidia.  It would be nice if the pool list could filter out the pools I don't want so I don't even have to look at them (I have a LOT of pools defined).  I'm thinking you could add a selector on the miner setup where you select AMD or NVidia and also on the pool setup.  It's a minor thing but would be helpful.  I suppose you could even take this concept to ASICs as well.
Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:34:21 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 11:48:16 PM by Gongolo

I am really sorry if this is already reported.
In Options -> Managed software -> Algo, if I enter an "user defined command line argument" (for instance, "-i 25" for setting wanted intensity for that algo), miner startup fails.
Using "diagnostics", I can see it reads wrong command line parameter.
This is useful in profit switching, since each algo could perform better with a different intensity parameter.
Tested with ccminer 2.2.4, autodownload.

[edited]
Fixed, if I enter "algo -i 15" it works correctly: this command line replaces the default one, I thought it was an additiona parameter.
Thank you.
robl450

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:57:28 AM

Does this have any type of switching prevention or other formula like multipoolminer does to stop you from mining every single spike on a coin?   As it is now, my choice is current stats which means I'm typically mining a coin for one or two minutes that by the time it gets exchanged is nowhere near as profitable or I'm using 24hr stats which means I'm basically just mining bitcore.
robl450

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:58:36 AM

I am really sorry if this is already reported.
In Options -> Managed software -> Algo, if I enter an "user defined command line argument" (for instance, "-i 25" for setting wanted intensity for that algo), miner startup fails.
Using "diagnostics", I can see it reads wrong command line parameter.
This is useful in profit switching, since each algo could perform better with a different intensity parameter.
Tested with ccminer 2.2.4, autodownload.

[edited]
Fixed, if I enter "algo -i 15" it works correctly: this command line replaces the default one, I thought it was an additiona parameter.
Thank you.

Thank you,  I didn't know you could do this, I thought it was only specific to the miner itself.  I created another miner for the specific algo that I needed to lower the intensity.  This way would have been easier.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:17:59 AM

Does this have any type of switching prevention or other formula like multipoolminer does to stop you from mining every single spike on a coin?   As it is now, my choice is current stats which means I'm typically mining a coin for one or two minutes that by the time it gets exchanged is nowhere near as profitable or I'm using 24hr stats which means I'm basically just mining bitcore.

Yes, go to the Options, Profit switching tab... then enable the Profit switching threshold.  Set a percentage that you are comfortable with.  If you set it to 15% for example, then the spiking algo/coin has to be 15% more profitable than what you are mining now.
Alex735566

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:25:12 AM

Where can we download and add to AM high performance miners like ccminer X17SPmod ?

if you go to http://www.zpool.ca/site/miners  on most popular algos, like X17 and order by percent of used mining software, you will see that X17SPmod has the best HashRate and is used by 65% of top miners. next one is alexis with just 15%.  

For NeoScrypt algo the best performance is from ccminer/8.18-KlausT  and we can easily find it and integrate. Any idea why it is not included in AM ? Or how can we find and download all the other SP-mod ones, for the highest profit ?

Any ideea ?
you can give a link where you can download X17SPmod?

Alex735566

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:31:51 AM

Who mines the mode cerrent or 24 hours?
look at what a big difference in the readings of the profits

24 hour
http://pixs.ru/showimage/Skrinshot2_3257073_29130100.png

setting
http://pixs.ru/showimage/Skrinshot2_6250106_29130122.png

current
http://pixs.ru/showimage/Skrinshot2_9443292_29130136.png

what are your settings?

Very interested in some information about this topic as well...  Also, single dedicated pools and managing them in AM vs multi-algo pools

There's no right or wrong answer here, only what your priorities are.  The Current setting will make AM check the current values at Whattomine, and the 24 hour setting will make AM check the 24 hour values at Whattomine.  AM is agnostic in this decision... it's yours to make.

Why would you choose one over the other?  Using the current values will attempt to keep you on the most profitable coin... at that point in time.  This can and will cause peaks and valleys in your overall profits because coins don't stay "most profitable" for very long.  The 24 hour values will help smooth out those peaks and valleys to keep you mining a "mostly" profitable coin longer.  I've written extensively about profit switching in this thread, I ask that you go back or search this thread for my musings and opinions on the matter.

Remember though, the Current and 24 hour setting would only apply to individual coins that you are mining, not to Online services like zpool, MPH, and the like.  If you setup a dozen of your favorite coins as individual pools and put them in a pool group then AM can profit switch on that pool group and will use the Whattomine statistics including your Current/24 setting to help AM decide when to switch.
why can't I use the zpool multialgorithmic, MPH for extraction in the present or 24 hours on these pools?
Gongolo

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:52:39 AM

Does this have any type of switching prevention or other formula like multipoolminer does to stop you from mining every single spike on a coin?   As it is now, my choice is current stats which means I'm typically mining a coin for one or two minutes that by the time it gets exchanged is nowhere near as profitable or I'm using 24hr stats which means I'm basically just mining bitcore.

As puwaha told, in "profit switching" setup you can set the profit switch threshold and the switching interval in minutes.
You can also choose between "current" and "24 hour average" (Options -> Statistics -> Statistics settings).
manvsrice

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:11:00 AM

Is there a way to set a threshold for profit mining? Lets say if there is no auto-switching-profit that gives me over 8 usd with my 1080ti cards per day, then I want them all to mine some specific coin/algo that I believe in?
robl450

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:50:56 AM

Does this have any type of switching prevention or other formula like multipoolminer does to stop you from mining every single spike on a coin?   As it is now, my choice is current stats which means I'm typically mining a coin for one or two minutes that by the time it gets exchanged is nowhere near as profitable or I'm using 24hr stats which means I'm basically just mining bitcore.

Yes, go to the Options, Profit switching tab... then enable the Profit switching threshold.  Set a percentage that you are comfortable with.  If you set it to 15% for example, then the spiking algo/coin has to be 15% more profitable than what you are mining now.

I'll have to look at that a bit. I have my doubts that would do exactly what i'm talking about as most of the time, they are well above 15% more.  Even 50% I think you would still be grabbing the spikes.  Multipoolminer checks these and basically determines how likely they are to stay at the level they are at rather than having you mine something that supposedly is doing very high for a minute only to get exchanged for next to nothing.
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

I'll have to look at that a bit. I have my doubts that would do exactly what i'm talking about as most of the time, they are well above 15% more.  Even 50% I think you would still be grabbing the spikes.  Multipoolminer checks these and basically determines how likely they are to stay at the level they are at rather than having you mine something that supposedly is doing very high for a minute only to get exchanged for next to nothing.

This happens for all of us. After changing the algo, it stays a few minutes and after that goes to a small amount, less than 50% the amount you was doing previously, before changing the algo. Spikes are taken and also during that spike, the issue is that the amount that you are actually being paid by the pool is also much less, so AM just changes and shows you that is making an amount that is even 4 times more the amount that you are actually being paid, and this is misleading, showing the user a values that is a lie, something 4 times higher it is something that should be fixed and users should check for real pool paiments, instead of values totally wrong shown by AM.

It must be a solution for problems like this one. If you put a minimum amount, AM should automatically change to next best algo different than current one with the amount higher than the limit you specified.  With this solution, you won't have to wait minutes until next statistics pull from the server and see the profitability go from $90/day/rig to just $5/day/rig in just a few seconds, it is disastrous to see this difference.

Also another important thing is the frequency AM reloads pool statistics. Is it the same amount of minutes that is used to load statistics form whattomine, or is it more often ?  Where can we configure pools statistics reload frequency ?

What do you think ?
Mikesol

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:56:03 PM

Trying to set up a new mining software as in the managed software section of the AW help website. I can make it work by specifying the path to the mining software on any particular rig but that means making a separate template for each rig. How can I set things so that one template will work for all rigs? I tried putting the miner software in the same folder as all of AW's miners but that doesn't seem to help.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:01:02 PM

I'll have to look at that a bit. I have my doubts that would do exactly what i'm talking about as most of the time, they are well above 15% more.  Even 50% I think you would still be grabbing the spikes.  Multipoolminer checks these and basically determines how likely they are to stay at the level they are at rather than having you mine something that supposedly is doing very high for a minute only to get exchanged for next to nothing.

This happens for all of us. After changing the algo, it stays a few minutes and after that goes to a small amount, less than 50% the amount you was doing previously, before changing the algo. Spikes are taken and also during that spike, the issue is that the amount that you are actually being paid by the pool is also much less, so AM just changes and shows you that is making an amount that is even 4 times more the amount that you are actually being paid, and this is misleading, showing the user a values that is a lie, something 4 times higher it is something that should be fixed and users should check for real pool paiments, instead of values totally wrong shown by AM.

It must be a solution for problems like this one. If you put a minimum amount, AM should automatically change to next best algo different than current one with the amount higher than the limit you specified.  With this solution, you won't have to wait minutes until next statistics pull from the server and see the profitability go from $90/day/rig to just $5/day/rig in just a few seconds, it is disastrous to see this difference.

Also another important thing is the frequency AM reloads pool statistics. Is it the same amount of minutes that is used to load statistics form whattomine, or is it more often ?  Where can we configure pools statistics reload frequency ?

What do you think ?

Firstly, please stop calling AM misleading, lie, paiments, value totally wrong shown by AM ... etc. FYI, users should read
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

of course prediction could be polished, but that might not be a top priority, something like MPH's normalization formula and you still get tons of complaints as to the accuracy of so called "most profitable" all the time.

if one is so good at always mining the most profitable coin and at any instant of spike switch thinks they being scammed and conned, I don't know what to say, maybe that's the reason why we're still mining and not billionaires cause mining is the DUMB way to get rich quick?

You have full control, disable algos you think always spiking, change profit factors, mine at different pools...or like SP said, buy lots of hardwares until you are at full capacity THEN you go and pay 0.5 BTC for his mod, who cares he makes 18 Trillion selling his mod of ccMiner, some ppl simply are willing to pay for that price tag, and if you are jealous, maybe you can find some cheap labour somewhere from the country you mentioned, and team up with them and make a better mod and make 500 gazillion from it.

I suspect if you want to make switching smarter, you might be able to do so with C# scripting, why not go learn programming and try it out since Patrike dedicating 70hrs per week on AM is still getting no impressions, and if he do, maybe there will be outcry of jealousy that he might just rip everyone off selling AM...darn, why is it not free? OH WAIT? there is a free version available!

Lastly, maybe one'd not ever gonna learn scripting and optimizing already available settings cause everything must be done and handed to them on silver platter, which means not even reading the log files...yes, it's under Tools -> Log file button...double click on it and open with say the lamest editor, Notepad

press Ctrl-F and enter the search term "Profitability Information" (without quotes), check if that log entry matches the interval you set for the stats update...oh wow...it matches!....gosh....damn, gotta pay someone to do this too maybe?
akhouston

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:47:16 PM

@puwaha, @patrike

question for you if you don't mind. I understand your argument for using 24hr averages (and preferably even longer) vs instant and having running switching no more often than once an hour or so. I'm still to see the results - I used to run switching every 1-5 minutes with a high threshold for switching, like 30-40% (call it 1/1/30). I need to run it for the whole day or 2 to make a conclusion. But here's a problem that surfaced right away when using 24hr/1hr pattern (i'll call it 24/1/10) - bad pools. So if I run 1/1/30 and the pool is bad, which can be manifested in multiple ways, for instance AM keeps restarting a miner saying that the process is not running (though accepted # keeps ticking) or no accepted blocks are coming in, then the pool will potentially quickly drop off the top of the profitability table and AM will happily switch to (hopefully) a non-corrupted pool. Now if the same problem arises during my 24/1/10 configuration, I'm potentially screwed for hours - the best AM miner can do here (I wish it could be more intelligent dealing with multiple restarts, except just stop trying after X times and stopping the miner in the process) is to keep restarting the miner, which does no good, since it keeps going back to the same corrupted pool. Have you run into something like this before (btw, it seems that lots of pools are having problems in the last couple days)? How would you deal with it?

PS: I find it quite useful to monitor the # of accepted blocks in the last 3-5 minutes and if that number stalls force profit switching and restarting the rig. HOWEVER, and that might be another question, it seems that AM has a "miner not running, restarting" routine that's run outside of the rules framework and I can't figure out how to intercept it and, potentially, force it to run a profit switching before restarting the miner - have you ever dealt with that one?

Thanks!
robl450

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

for 24 hour profitability settings, why would you not set it to 1 minute or 5 minutes?  It doesn't switch very often anyway.  The problem I have with that at least on my system is it will basically just mine bitcore forever.
akhouston

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

for 24 hour profitability settings, why would you not set it to 1 minute or 5 minutes?  It doesn't switch very often anyway.  The problem I have with that at least on my system is it will basically just mine bitcore forever.

From my experience you need to be careful when selecting pools for this. AHashpool is most reliable in terms of not experiencing / showing crazy spikes, while zpool and MHP are the worst.
Gongolo

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

A question about profit switching.
If a pool does true PPS rewarding, would it be better switching to the "current" more profitable algo?
Zaffor

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:41:56 PM

Greetings

Just installed the free AM program to try it out. Thanks for offering this option BTW.
As a very new miner I am still testing this and that trying to find the most profitable options for me so I yet have much to learn.

Regarding AM software- If I purchase paid version which would allow me to remotely manage all rigs from one PC, would AM allow me to set each rig's pool wallet separately? I manage rigs for both my brother and myself right now remotely. Would like to try the option of managing just from one program without having to log into each rig independently. Not sure how the settings carry over from rig to rig and if it allows these settings to be different or just clones them from the original.

Also curious as to how the software works when mining to a pool such as Ahash. Does AM choose most profitable algo and just points at Ahash? OR does Ahash choose best algo and request it from AM?

Thanks for the info

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: