Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:28:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701431 times)
puch0021

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:20:29 PM

If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer that it has connection issues or it is not responding, and does not take time into consideration, it is not the correct behavior.
AM should have a timer that checks every x seconds the reported hashrate from the miner's API, with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list. RIGHT ?

If this happens often to you, you should setup or adjust a rule based upon Accepted progress.  If the accepted rate doesn't increase after X number of minutes, then have AM apply a template (or you could do another pool) so it will mine something else.

You did not understand the question.

Read again and test it yourself.

Try and unplug network cable to check in the simplest way. 

The problem is that if zpool is under DDOS attack, when ccminer tries to submit the shares it shows "connection refused" error. During this period AM does not update hashing rate and remains with the old hashrate for minutes or even hours. This is a big mistake from implementation algorithm because AM waits for updates from a miner that could be broken instead of AM having a computed hash rate per second that will solve a lot of problems like the one from above, when if you have 24 hours statistics you could have ccminer stucked for 12  hours or more instead of having it restarted (or switching to next one from statistics list) by AM like it suppose to do in a correct way.

Dear puwaha , next time try and understand and test things before writing wrong and misleading answers.

Have a nice day.

In this case, does CC miner still register accepted shares (not talking about hash rate)? If not, the accepted shares rule would address your problem. If you unplug your router and had no internet, a rule if a miner is offline would also address this problem. 

Can someone help with intensity changes for ccminer

What I've tried: Go to Managed Software > CcMiner 2.2.4 found the line for the algo I wish to modify (Phi) entered --intensity=20 in the User defined Command Line argument I've also tried -i 20

Result, miner starts up, and within seconds the window disappears...

when looking at the logs, I can see that the default i 25 is in the command line argument, along with the values I input into the Managed Software section.

Help? please.

If you add it to the Managed Miner or to the Pool custom command lines does it override the default?

I haven't tried that, because that would apply it to any miner/algo. I just need it for one specific case

I've done this also. The problem is that you can not specify intensity for each algo for ccminer or every other miner.  
The window was closing in my case with the error "out of memory" for a part of the algos and i was able to view this with "Diagnostics" function from toolbar.

Having custom intensity settings specially for your GPU will increase your income by 30%. Default intensity values varies from one different chip to another but for example for Nvidia 1080 chip used on Gigabyte AORUS that is made from copper plate you will be able to get 20% more hash rate than a low end KFA2 1080 GPU that does not have copper pipes or copper plate, it has a small steel radiator.  So, ccminer does not know you have AORUS and it starts with minimal intensity settings for 1080, the same happens if you have water cooled gpu or the gpu rig submersed in mineral oil that offers huge overclocking advantage.

I believe this should be considered a priority by the developer of AM, instead of answering emails he should focus on fixing all issues with the software that are critical, because not taking an action and loosing money is as bad as AM crashing and being useles.

Have a great day.  

You can set a custom intensity per pool which would solve your problem if you're using a managed miner. If you're using a multi algo pool under a multi profit miner, you can set intensity per pool port which would give you a unique intensity per algorithm for CC miner.

You can also set intensity individually per card with cc miner.

I think the developer is doing a great job and it's the tone you use throughout this thread isn't helping you.  
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

Dear puwaha , next time try and understand and test things before writing wrong and misleading answers.

Have a nice day.

You are kind of a jerk... so... good luck.
puwaha

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:35:29 PM

What I've tried: Go to Managed Software > CcMiner 2.2.4 found the line for the algo I wish to modify (Phi) entered --intensity=20 in the User defined Command Line argument I've also tried -i 20

when looking at the logs, I can see that the default i 25 is in the command line argument, along with the values I input into the Managed Software section.

Help? please.

If you add it to the Managed Miner or to the Pool custom command lines does it override the default?

I haven't tried that, because that would apply it to any miner/algo. I just need it for one specific case

Right, I'm trying to help you diagnose the problem so we can see if it's a bug that Patrike needs to address.

JackIT

Activity: 99
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:48:58 PM

Help? please.

Right, I'm trying to help you diagnose the problem so we can see if it's a bug that Patrike needs to address.

but your solution/advice is not what I need or want.

Background: In Awesome Miner > Managed Software, there exists the ability to add a "User Defined command line argument"  for each supported Algo of the mining software. (in my case Ccminer/Phi)

Expectation:adding -i 20 or --intensity=20 to the "User Defined command line argument" results in CcMiner using an intensity of 20 for Phi algo

Result: CcMiner launches and closes within seconds, red error message shown too quickly to read. Log shows that the default -i 25 is included in the command line argument along with my user defined -i 20, causing CcMiner to crash

Resolution: user defined intensity should replace the default intensity

X16R - RVN - Miner head to head test log (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3385643)
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:58:56 PM

Help? please.

Background: In Awesome Miner > Managed Software, there exists the ability to add a "User Defined command line argument"  for each supported Algo of the mining software. (in my case Ccminer/Phi)

Expectation:adding -i 20 or --intensity=20 to the "User Defined command line argument" results in CcMiner using an intensity of 20 for Phi algo

Result: CcMiner launches and closes within seconds, red error message shown too quickly to read. Log shows that the default -i 25 is included in the command line argument along with my user defined -i 20, causing CcMiner to crash

His suggestion does work - if you're using a pool that is phi only, or a multi-algo pool with a phi specific port, just set the intensity at either the pool or multi-algo pool.

That said, I believe you're trying to do as the picture shows here (set user defined command line arguments) at the miner level. If that isn't working then it indeed is a bug. https://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedsoftware.aspx
fecker

Activity: 30
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:42:02 PM

Guys, is there any way how to add delay before "autostart miner" kicks in ?

What I mean is, lets say, you do overclocking or something that may cause the mining to become unstable. System freezes, you restart it with "smart plug", system boots, but will load unstable profiles and start miner = crash again.
Is there any way how to add timer(delay) before the miner starts automatically so meantime you can make changes if needed. (using AM + EWBF for zclassic).
When I wasnt using AM, i had this "timeout 120" in the miners .bat file.
puwaha

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:04:02 PM

Hello eminer001. 
puwaha

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:15:45 PM

What I mean is, lets say, you do overclocking or something that may cause the mining to become unstable. System freezes, you restart it with "smart plug", system boots, but will load unstable profiles and start miner = crash again.
Is there any way how to add timer(delay) before the miner starts automatically so meantime you can make changes if needed. (using AM + EWBF for zclassic).

Are you saying that your whole rig crashes because a misconfigured mining software?  That's a bad situation.  There's a couple of things you can do.  Disable the rule that initiates the reboot sequence with the smart plugs until you can troubleshoot the problem.  When done, turn the rule back on.  Another thing you can do is hover your mouse over the stop button and as soon as AM kicks on the mining software click stop immediately... to keep the mining software from progressing to the point where it crashes the whole rig.  You can also disable the autostart miner from the managed miner or profit miner.

akhouston

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:34:58 PM

One thing I can think of is delaying AM service start - you can achieve it in a variety of ways with the simplest being setting it start option to Autostart (Delayed). I use AlwaysUp to keep several pieces of software running as services and starting up at the machine boot and there you can have better control of what starts when. But apparently none of these solutions have anything to do with AM - it'll try to start a miner the moment it detects the connection to AM service, so I guess the trick is to delay the availability of the latter.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 08:02:53 PM by patrike

Hi,

If this is for the auto start of a miner after reboot, there is actually a setting in the Options dialog, Advanced section, that I added quite recently for this. "Delay auto start of miner after reboot".

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
JackIT

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:46:54 PM

Hello eminer001. 

I don't believe I called anyone lazy or said that AM was cheating me out of my right to make millions per day, mining.

Grin

your advice is a "work-around" that frankly, shouldn't have to be used.

First, I'm not eminer001. Second, I'm a paying customer. Third, the functionality is documented here https://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedsoftware.aspx
in my case it does not work in a manner that would be expected.

I'm asking if this is a known bug? am I doing it incorrectly? Is intensity a command line argument that cannot be set in the algo section of the managed software? your work around does not address any of those.

X16R - RVN - Miner head to head test log (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3385643)
JackIT

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:05:28 PM

Anyhow.... I found the correct solution.

The "User Defined command line argument" replaces the command line argument to the left of it.

In my case I was trying to modify the intensity for phi in CcMiner. the existing "default" command line argument was simply "phi"

to get "User Defined command line argument" to work, I first needed to include phi, such that the "User Defined command line argument"  became: "phi -i 20" without the quotes.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

fecker

Activity: 30
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:31:23 PM

Are you saying that your whole rig crashes because a misconfigured mining software?  That's a bad situation.  There's a couple of things you can do.  Disable the rule that initiates the reboot sequence with the smart plugs until you can troubleshoot the problem.  When done, turn the rule back on.  Another thing you can do is hover your mouse over the stop button and as soon as AM kicks on the mining software click stop immediately... to keep the mining software from progressing to the point where it crashes the whole rig.  You can also disable the autostart miner from the managed miner or profit miner.

Its not crashing, Im asking just in case Smiley

Hi,

If this is for the auto start of a miner after reboot, there is actually a setting in the Options dialog, Advanced section, that I added quite recently for this. "Delay auto start of miner after reboot".

Thats it. That works flawlessly.

Also, where do I specify the OC settings for my Gpus that should be applied after system restart ? 
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:36:33 PM

I've seen a number of discussions about the Excavator miner, and I've just implemented initial support for the recent versions of Excavator as an External Miner. It's included in the latest Awesome Miner release where it's at least possible to monitor it.

I do have an implementation for it as a Managed Miner in the pipeline as well, but that one needs a bit more testing before I will release it. More operations will also be made available later on.

The Excavator mining software is a bit special, and it looks like the configuration file needs to be specified with the number of workers you want for each GPU (the worker.add command). From an Awesome Miner point of view it would be great if Excavator simply could use all GPU's by default, because having Awesome Miner detecting GPU's first and then launch Excavator with a configuration based on this is a possible source of error.

The Excavator miner also provides very few configuration options via the command line, making it difficult to override any behaviors that Awesome Miner will enforce by default. I will try to come up with a good way to support this software anyway, but it's has a "unique" design.

In addition to the above, the Excavator miner will never be downloaded automatically due to the restrictions in the Nicehash EULA.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
akhouston

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:52:38 PM

Background: In Awesome Miner > Managed Software, there exists the ability to add a "User Defined command line argument"  for each supported Algo of the mining software. (in my case Ccminer/Phi)

Being polite to people who try to help you might give you better results. Jus sayin'.

Now, onto your question - the AM is not particularly clear on what you need to put into your managed software "User defined command line argument". What it should be is the line that starts with the algorithm. So if you want to change intensity for your phi algo, your command line arguments should read (no quotes), "phi --intensity 25" or "phi -i 25". I saw a few people on this thread (and myself at the first attempt) to putting just "-i 25" to the user defined command line argument and wondering why ccminer shuts down right after the start. If you try to diagnose it, you'll see that it throws an error "unknown algorithm" and the command line after -a parameter is missing "phi".
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:58:10 AM

I have just let AM start updating to the newer version (4.4.1).  It removed my installed version (btw, Premium License, only computer installed).  I had to download the installer again, but it couldnt install (some error while installing a service).  After the computer restared, the installation proceeded correctly and, thankfully, it didnt lose the configuration.
Zaffor

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:09:43 AM

every so often one of my versions of ccminer will crash. Is there a setting that will detect this and restart it?
I have to close the miner window and then it will auto restart.

thx
harrylad77

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:17:07 AM

I've been having troubles trying to set up a remote miner on the same local network. I've installed the remote service agent program on my remote PC.

I've added a new miner using the "New Managed Profit Miner" option, specifying my "Miner Host" as my remote rig's local IP, and performed a  "test connection" option, which works successfully.

Yet when all of this is done and I right click "Start Miner", my main (host) PC just shows the remote miner as greyed out when I right click, not letting me stop it, along with not actually mining/starting anything on the remote rig.

Any thoughts/ideas?
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:59:49 AM

I've seen a number of discussions about the Excavator miner, and I've just implemented initial support for the recent versions of Excavator as an External Miner. It's included in the latest Awesome Miner release where it's at least possible to monitor it.

I do have an implementation for it as a Managed Miner in the pipeline as well, but that one needs a bit more testing before I will release it. More operations will also be made available later on.

The Excavator mining software is a bit special, and it looks like the configuration file needs to be specified with the number of workers you want for each GPU (the worker.add command). From an Awesome Miner point of view it would be great if Excavator simply could use all GPU's by default, because having Awesome Miner detecting GPU's first and then launch Excavator with a configuration based on this is a possible source of error.

The Excavator miner also provides very few configuration options via the command line, making it difficult to override any behaviors that Awesome Miner will enforce by default. I will try to come up with a good way to support this software anyway, but it's has a "unique" design.

In addition to the above, the Excavator miner will never be downloaded automatically due to the restrictions in the Nicehash EULA.

Thank you for adding Excavator support and for the effort to integrate new api from it.

I want to propose to you some improvements :

1) I think it would be very useful for all AM users to see also the hash-rate a pool records for us. Lately almost all pools had connection problems, was stopped or they are simply recording a lower hashrate than the one that we see on miner's window.
To achieve this you have to call pool's API : https://www.ahashpool.com/api/walletEx/?address=   and you have the list of all miners. You have to uniquely identify each AM instance by assigning a uniquely generated random ID (that appears also in API json from the pool) that remains the same for a RIG (do not generate a new id when starting a new miner to track past values). Now that you have uniquely identified  each instance you will have to download every 1 minute a new JSON from the link above and add values together with timestamp in an array you store for each pool and algo. By making the difference between 2 consecutive different values and divide to the number of seconds between the 2 values you have the real HashRate per second from the Pool. You also can show values like : unsold, balance and unpaid for that pool.
The implementation from above will give us very useful insight about each pool performance and can help us earn more, now that BTC has a very low value, every optimization is really useful.

2) Sometimes when pools have too many connections they disable new connections for a period of time for a specific algo. In this case AM remains stucked with the last value AM received from the mining instance of ccminer and does nothing to fix that.
I believe it would be better to show income statistics based on submitted (and also accepted shares) , instead AM now remains without any refresh to the last hash rate that was submitted by ccminer  even hours ago.
If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer and does not take time into consideration it is not the correct behavior. It should have a timer that checks every x seconds the received hashrate from the miner (if there isn't an updated value - identical values could also be a problem - , the for several checks, that miner has an issue) with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list.

What do you think, Patrike ?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:40:39 AM

every so often one of my versions of ccminer will crash. Is there a setting that will detect this and restart it?
I have to close the miner window and then it will auto restart.

thx
The recommendation is to configure Windows to not display those crash dialogs, because it prevents the ccminer process from terminating correctly. Once you configure Windows to terminate the process instead, Awesome Miner will detect it and take care of it. Please see "Terminate crashed mining software":
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/windowsenvironment.aspx

Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: