Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701437 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:01:10 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 12:14:57 AM by patrike

Here is a small update about what's in the pipeline and the plan is to include it in a new release within the next 24 hours.

* Claymore 11.0 with the new dual mining algorithms
* Excavator 1.4.3 supported as Managed Miner and Managed Profit Miner
* A new profit switching feature where the profit switcher looks at the accepted shares of the mining to try to figure out if the current pool is failing. If there are no accepted shares for 8 minutes (configurable), the pool will be ignored by the profit switcher for 5 hours (configurable). The feature will be disabled by default.

Please note that if the pool is reporting that the shares are accepted, but still fail in some other way (payouts not as good as expected, shares not counted although reported as accepted, ...) it will be impossible for Awesome Miner to detect. Awesome Miner will not be able to solve all pool issues, but hopefully help a bit.

The release will contain more than the items above, but I think these three items are the most requested and discussed right now. Thanks for all feedback.

I can also point out that Bminer probably will be the next mining software for me to explore.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:15:57 AM

Here is a small update about what's in the pipeline and the plan is to include it in a new release within the next 24 hours.

* A new profit switching feature where the profit switcher looks at the accepted shares of the mining to try to figure out if the current pool is failing. If there are no accepted shares for 8 minutes (configurable), the pool will be ignored by the profit switcher for 5 hours (configurable). The feature will be disabled by default.

Please note that if the pool is reporting that the shares are accepted, but still fail in some other way (payouts not as good as expected, shares not counted although reported as accepted, ...) it will be impossible for Awesome Miner to detect. Awesome Miner will not be able to solve all pool issues, but hopefully help a bit.

The release will contain more than the items above, but I think these three items are the most requested and discussed right now. Thanks for all feedback.

I can also point out that Bminer probably will be the next mining software for me to explore.

Outstanding!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:25:37 AM

Hi, i've been using the miner and i have  some ideas about improving the graphical interface:

- when you search for awesome miner agents put a field in the wizard to enter the password, so you don't have to enter the password for each host - if you add lots of miner it is tiresome to modify each one.
- add a checkmark in miner properties to get the worker name from the description, so you don't have to always check "add to worker name" and type the worker for each miner
- make a "clone" button for the managed hosts section
- make the hw errors text color in webserver red so it pops out and see it better
- make a button to map all the selected miner gpus to system monitoring
- maybe add a tooltip so when you hover with the mouse above the miner after 2 you can see the  details ( command line arguments and configuration )
- in the right click menu add an option to rdp ( remote desktop ) to the miner
- important - add an option to remove all income/revenue data in the dashboard  from the view only / control view user roles

patrike, any feedback on this, especially the last one as i want to give access to employees to monitor the miners without them seeing the revenue

Thank you
Thanks for your feedback.

For the RDP, it's already supported via the rules, where you can create a toolbar button to launch Remote Desktop to the selected miner. Please see "Example: Launch Remote Desktop for selected Managed Miner":
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx

About the dashboard revenue information. The dashboard will only include the income for the miners that the users are allowed to see. If you only are allowed to see two miners, you will see the revenue for these miners on the Miners page, and on the Dashboard you just see the total revenue for these two miners - not for the entire system. Is your request also about not showing revenue in the miner list?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:48:21 AM

Hi, thanks for great software and support Smiley
If I have two separate farms (with two separate computers )100 Asics each, can I install on each of those two computers Awesome miner using one registration code for 200 miners?
Also is there a way to get alarms if miners change their current working pool (like if first pool became unavailable)?

Thanks a lot.
Yes, you can use the same license as long as you don’t exceed a total of 200 miner as the license allows.

There is currently no feature to detect if one pool goes down and the miner automatically fallback to the next

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:53:10 AM

FEATURE REQUEST:
On these Canaan Miners, an rPi3 acts as a controller for up to 20 different miners.

Would it be possible to take the API information from cgminer, which appears to support all the miners on the rpi, broken out into their own section and show them as individual as opposed to one monolithic miner.

Each with their own temp, stats, etc.  Similar to how you break down GPU cards in a miner?

Thanks

do you have the  A721/741 showing in awesome miner ? ... I'm assuming you mean the avalon 7series .

yes, 721/741/821/841 all use the same basic approach and yes I have 4 miner on one rPi and it's only showing one AV7 which is an aggregated view of the 4, and I'd like to see the 4 individually, they are each reported in the cgminer API
In general, Awesome Miner display what the API is reporting. You will not get 4 individual miners as you only have a single Cgminer API running, if I understood your setup correctly. If you want you can send me the API report (toolbar Tools-> Api Report) for this miner and I can verify

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:57:22 AM

This is a permission failure, where Awesome Miner isn't allowed to listen to port 17790 for HTTP purposes. You could try to run Awesome Miner with Administrator privileges once, to see if it setup everything properly. Then you should be able to run it normally again.

Tried running it as Admin, but same errors still in the log I'm afraid Sad

Anything else I can try?

Code:
07/02/2018 17:10:09.310 [013] [S]ChannelFactoryProvider: Create Channel Factory: IntelliBreeze.Maintenance.Service.Contracts.ServiceContracts.ISecurityService
07/02/2018 17:10:09.311 [013] [E]ChannelFactoryProvider: Channel faulted
07/02/2018 17:10:09.312 [013] [E]  Failed remote: net.pipe://localhost/IntelliBreezeService/Security
07/02/2018 17:10:09.316 [013] [S]ChannelFactoryProvider: Create Channel Factory: IntelliBreeze.Maintenance.Service.Contracts.ServiceContracts.ISecurityService
07/02/2018 17:10:09.316 [013] [E]ChannelFactoryProvider: Channel faulted
07/02/2018 17:10:09.318 [013] [E]  Failed remote: net.pipe://localhost/IntelliBreezeService/Security
07/02/2018 17:10:09.321 [013] [S]Web Server prepare port 17790, Result: False
07/02/2018 17:10:09.321 [013] [S]Stopping Web Server
The error message also indicates that the Windows service IntelliBreeze Maintenance Service isn’t running correctly. Can you please correct and verify? You could also try to change the port via Options dialog, Web section.

akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:23:36 AM

FEATURE REQUEST:
On these Canaan Miners, an rPi3 acts as a controller for up to 20 different miners.

Would it be possible to take the API information from cgminer, which appears to support all the miners on the rpi, broken out into their own section and show them as individual as opposed to one monolithic miner.

Each with their own temp, stats, etc.  Similar to how you break down GPU cards in a miner?

Thanks

do you have the  A721/741 showing in awesome miner ? ... I'm assuming you mean the avalon 7series .

yes, 721/741/821/841 all use the same basic approach and yes I have 4 miner on one rPi and it's only showing one AV7 which is an aggregated view of the 4, and I'd like to see the 4 individually, they are each reported in the cgminer API
In general, Awesome Miner display what the API is reporting. You will not get 4 individual miners as you only have a single Cgminer API running, if I understood your setup correctly. If you want you can send me the API report (toolbar Tools-> Api Report) for this miner and I can verify

sent via PM
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:18:35 AM

Easy for you to say if you do not loose money.

How much "money" did you lose at Zpool in those 4 hours?

eminer001

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:22:53 AM

Thanks for the improvements.

The problem was that accepted shares that was reported by ccminer was between 19000 and 53000 and the method you described won't work, because accepted shares on pool's reports was zero, see this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4obw9jkx0s8l84g/Screenshot%202018-02-09%2011.53.34.png?dl=0

I opened www.zpool.ca/api/walletEx?address=WALLET_ADDRESS and the miner's array are not uniquely identified by AM with ID fields from miner's array (you leave it empty) and also accepted field from each miner remained to zero even if AM was mining for 3 hours.  

So from my point of view you are not reading and you are not using the real values from the pools that are the most important, because only the registered hash-rate on the pool's side is that transforms to payments.  

The implementation is simple and will fix a lot of issues all caused by the fact that you read what miners are reporting (that many times miner lie and report misleading values to hide the developer / or hacker's stealing fee) instead of reading values recorded from the pool that many times, with many miners are lower.

I also think that you should use total_earned field from /api/walletEx?address= and add checks like :
1) if value decreased it means you were mining an orphaned fork - this happened last week, and was reported on this forum and also we saw that on all pools 8 hours of income vanished because all MA users with 24 hours statistics were mining on ahashpool orphaned CRC coin . Also AM could cause 51% attack and soft fork that means all AM users will loose all the money on that branch (I hope you know what I am talking about).
2) if the value increases you have the difference and you will have to show a new column for each miner with pool's earnings reports the statistics with income per unit of time (make the difference between 2 requests from the pool in seconds and if the reports are not identical (because pools refresh statistics every few minutes) divide the income to the number of seconds and you have real income from the pool in $.
3) Add in rules triggers and actions (a very useful part of AM, congrats for that, btw) new items based on the accepted and total_earned fields from pool's statistics (all you need is some associative arrays to store values for each pool. New rules will be much better than flawed "accepted" rules we have now.

Am users will compare values from the pool with values from the statistics and will notice that :
1) the miner is stealing and reporting inflated hash rates that is a practice these days and you are ignoring it;
2) a specific pool is stealing or is not functioning correctly for any reason (errors, restart, ddos).
3) AM users will really appreciate you because they feel you are on their side, because they have together millions of dollars on your hands and you have a huge responsibility to protect their inestment

So, do you understand, Patrike ?
Dihlofos

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:25:43 PM

Good afternoon!

I'm testing your Awesome Miner ver 4.4 program and you have a lot of big problems with the program.
1. the disconnection of the miner does not work when the threshold temperature is exceeded, for this reason, the owner of the equipment was greatly harmed.

2. disabling the graphics core does not work ...

3. Redo the Online services tab and associated Profit Swithing - make a pool table so that users can add the pools they deem necessary, and those that you have will be added by default with the ability to change or delete them. The base of the pools is obtained.
4. In the absence of communication between the miner and the pool during the mining in connection with the load of the pool itself and the constant disruption of communication with it, it is necessary to think over switching to another pool with a stable connection. Otherwise, there is a lengthy downtime of the equipment due to the program being dropped on this pool due to the receipt of a good statistics on the yield by the program, but the impossibility will connect to the pool due to its congestion.
5. Make the correct sorting of video cards, the possibility of their selection when mining and group them into the same model.
 6. Correct the list of video cards in the video card testing window for profitability, the video card model is replaced and the measured values ​​are not correctly stored.
7. Why do not you fix anything? Why do we pay money for you?

The full version of the message was sent to info@awesomeminer.com
Zaffor

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:48:38 PM

Pretty demanding for a first post
kipper01

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:04:29 PM

Hi

Could phoenix miner be added for profit management as it's faster than claymore and uses a lot of the same cli arguments from claymore and has a compatible API

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

Thanks

I'll second this

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

Good afternoon!

I'm testing your Awesome Miner ver 4.4 program and you have a lot of big problems with the program.
1. the disconnection of the miner does not work when the threshold temperature is exceeded, for this reason, the owner of the equipment was greatly harmed.

2. disabling the graphics core does not work ...

3. Redo the Online services tab and associated Profit Swithing - make a pool table so that users can add the pools they deem necessary, and those that you have will be added by default with the ability to change or delete them. The base of the pools is obtained.
4. In the absence of communication between the miner and the pool during the mining in connection with the load of the pool itself and the constant disruption of communication with it, it is necessary to think over switching to another pool with a stable connection. Otherwise, there is a lengthy downtime of the equipment due to the program being dropped on this pool due to the receipt of a good statistics on the yield by the program, but the impossibility will connect to the pool due to its congestion.
5. Make the correct sorting of video cards, the possibility of their selection when mining and group them into the same model.
 6. Correct the list of video cards in the video card testing window for profitability, the video card model is replaced and the measured values ​​are not correctly stored.
7. Why do not you fix anything? Why do we pay money for you?

The full version of the message was sent to info@awesomeminer.com

huh ? noting is wrong like your saying with Awesome miner ...You sure you know wtf your doing ? . sounds like user error or lack of not reading or understanding what you read to well .....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

Just wanted to say thanks so far for the work you have done Patrike.

If I had one suggestion would be development of a hybrid of current profitability and 24 hour profitability (something like a rolling average of current profitability over the last hour X 24 hr profitability) as an option for profit switching. Ideally it would prevent the one off spikes in profitability that occur for algorithms. If the profitability is indeed real, the rolling average would pick it up.

In terms of measurement of pools side vs client side shares - is there any realistic way for AM to detect at YIMMP pools (or even other pools) if consecutive orphaned blocks were found and then disable that pool for X hours to hopefully dodge a problem at the pool? I realize that ultimately pool side results are what matters and that pools should be more responsible for that detection (ex: chain split protection if >50% of blocks are mined at a single pool), however, if it's even possible and you were able to come up with a solution for that I think you'd add something very unique to the mining market.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:27:12 PM

The last 6 hours BUG ==> There are 3000 miners on zpool from AM that are all loosing money with x14 BUG, all with zero INCOME. Can you solve it ? it is URGENT !

You can solve it yourself, just take x14 off your list of software for now!

I did this, with 4 hours delay because I was sleeping and lost money because of this bug. AM did not take any action to solve the problem !

if there was a reboot issue maybe try one of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Watchdog-5-0Miner-Crash-Recover-Timer-Module-Auto-Restart-Anti-attack-Server/183005739653?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and make sure to have AM set to auto start per miner.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:37:53 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 04:29:07 PM by toptek

Hi

Could phoenix miner be added for profit management as it's faster than claymore and uses a lot of the same cli arguments from claymore and has a compatible API

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

Thanks

I'll second this

third it .
me to it is faster then Claymore ETH Miner just tested it by about 2 MH or was for me .

I think patrike indeed said a while back he was looking at a way to add any custom miner with full stats or what we need to run it in AM and Other OC options that AM can use but that's gonna take some time it's more involved to add. if I understood him wrong ,then I'm being it up again Smiley or hint, hint it will make life a lot easier but only if i misunderstood....if there needs to be a one time add on fee i will be then glad to pay for it or any thing to make AM more Universals then it all ready is . .. or Improve it , there is always room for improvement .

yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:08:09 PM

Thank you sir for your amazing support!! I see now that Excavator works with managed profit miner.
richdmz

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:12 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 05:11:26 PM by richdmz

what is the proper way to enable Excavator as a profit miner? I copied the extracted zip to the users\username\awesomeminer folder where the other miners live and enabled/set the path through the edit profit profile, appears to be working
DumaxFr

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:18:29 PM

Thank you for this feature !

Can we see if a pool is actually banned (GUI way) ?
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:19:11 PM

what is the proper way to enable Excavator as a profit miner? I copied the extracted zip to the users\username\awesomeminer folder where the other miners live and enabled/set the path through the edit profit profile, appears to be working

I did the same. I think its the right way.
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: