Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:31:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701425 times)
wildzer0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:32:32 AM

And guys, with EWBF miner, can u also use other commands like --fee 0 --tempunits C --templimit 50 etc, within AM ? or the commands it supports are limited or it supports all commands what EWBF supports ?

Read the help:

http://www.awesomeminer.com/help.aspx
How to add custom command line argument to mining software?
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:44:23 PM

I can write a program to convert excavator into being supported in AwesomeMiner.. already did it before CAST, stak, and xmrig were supported..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:51:47 PM

I could be wrong, but didn't someone mention that excavator cannot be packaged with AM because of copyright issues?
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:00:25 PM

Not quite a copyright issue, but this is what Patrike said before:

---
Excavator v1.2 is not at all compatible with Excavator v1.1 included in Awesome Miner. They completely redesigned both the API and command line options between v1.1 and v1.2, so they are not compatible at all.

At some point I will add support for Excavator v1.2, once they keep the API more stable. There will be quite an implementation effort to support the new v1.2, and so far I don't think this miner has been so popular. Also, as you probably noticed in their license information, I'm explicitly forbidden to automatically download Excavator from Awesome Miner. So the user experience will not be as good when I move to v1.2.
---

also:

---
It's correct that the new versions of Excavator are forbidden to be automatically download by Awesome Miner, as Nicehash EULA restricts this. That's one of the reason why I didn't prioritize putting any effort into this mining software. The other reason is that the API and entire setup of this mining software is a bit strange, and was changed a lot from their previous versions. I do understand that it could still make sense to support it, but Excavator didn't turn out to be so popular in the community anyway.

I'm getting a large number of questions and requests these days so even if this item is on the list of features to implement, it has not yet been a top priority. Thanks for your feedback on this.
---

I assume we are currently on v1.1?
Zaffor

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:06:56 PM

When one tweaks the profit option for Time and Percentages does Time stand for the minimum amount of time AM will allow the rig to stay on its last job (whatever pool/algo it was on) What happens after the time lapses? it will redirect ONLY if there is something offering a profit greater than the %percentage that is set?

Yes, you got it mostly.  The time is just the amount of time that will pass before AM re-calculates "best coin or algo" profit values from the statistics it gets from either Whattomine (if you are mining individual pools or pool groups)... or it rechecks the enabled Online Services that you have enabled on profit miners.  If you are mining individual pools or pool groups, there is also another time setting to pay attention to on the Statistics tab in the Options.  That time setting is how often AM will check Whattomine or Coinwarz for updated statistics.

I dont fully follow when some of the posts talk about setting the values so that your rig doesnt jump around too often but yet doesnt miss out on the peaks?

If I understood how it worked a little more I could possibly run some tests with that idea in mind to see whats best.

The more I read the more I retain (although its in small bits)

Thanks for your help so far gents

I'll just requote what I wrote a few weeks (and a few pages) back:

Quote from: puwaha

Let's say you switch to mine a coin that has a 2 minute block time on say Zpool.  You mine your share, and you get a percentage of the reward for that block.  But now, you have to wait for say 10 confirmations to mature before it's sent to the exchange.  That's now 20 minutes you are waiting for the coin to mature before it gets sent to the exchange.  Now, let's say it's a mildly popular coin, and it's gets sent to the exchange... minimum 2 minutes of that coin's block time if Zpool has enough of that coin built up to make it worth their while to send to the exchange.  We are up to 22 minutes.  That transaction is going to take another 10 confirmations before the exchange makes it available to trade.  We are now up to 42 minutes.

What are the chances that your coin is worth the same amount when you started mining it until it reaches the point where it can be traded on the exchange 42 minutes later?  Not very likely.  There are thousands and thousands of miners that use auto-switching algorithms and were mining the same coin you thought was hot in that moment.  That shoots up the difficulty, and the massive dump on the exchange(s) sends the value of the coin down.

A 24 hour profitability evens out those nuances, and I would even argue that a longer period is necessary.  You want to be mining a coin that is consistently in the top spot... not in the moment.

But, this is my opinion... there are other perspectives.

Thanks for that explanation Puwaha

I was under the assumption that when a coin was hot, it simply meant from a mining perspective. I didnt think it was related to its market price just perhaps difficulty or popularity. I was previously thinking that running AM for even less time to hit several of these small peaks would be beneficial but after reading your explanation I guess it could actually be detrimental. Im just trying to find a good rhythm to run these rigs on to maximize their profits (but I guess so is everyone else)

Thanks again for your help
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:48:11 AM

Hi Folks, how is everyone’s experience with Awesome Miner auto reboot feature on the miners? Does this mean if I’m away and a miner goes down it will auto reboot? Any experiences of users of this feature? Please provide feedback. Thanks.
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:01:01 AM

A bug when miner gets disconnected from the pool.

Sometimes when pools have too many connections they disable new connections for a period of time to a specific algo. In this case AM remains stucked with the last value AM received from the mining instance of ccminer and does nothing to fix that.

I believe it would be better to show income statistics based on submitted (and also accepted shares) , instead AM not remains without any refresh to the last hash rate that was submitted by ccminer  even hours ago.

If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer and does not take time into consideration it is not the correct behavior. It should have a timer that checks every x seconds the received hashrate from the miner, with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list.

Did anyone tried to find a solution to this problem ?

Any solution for the issue from above ?
vegascoinpool

Activity: 223
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:34:17 AM

Would like to see AM better support the AntRouter R1-LTC. My team played with it some today, and we're able to connect and switch pools just fine, but pushing new pools doesn't work. Says it succeeded but in reality did not. I believe my tech also said that temp data doesn't show in AM, but I believe temp data doesn't show in the AntRouter's interface anywhere either, so maybe that's why.

We bought a chunk of these units to slow-mine random Scrypt coins. I'd think it might not be too tough for AM to figure the quirks and support them officially.

Thanks in advance!
Seanklei10

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:53:16 PM

I have determined how to upload custom mining software however is there a way I can add the mining software as an entirely new entry is the list under profit profile properties?

Also, can I set miner specific entries like, -i 25,for certain algorithms (or possibly custom pools) and not for the entire miner software? I have noticed I can tune some algorithms up a bit more but then it causes crashing on others.
eminer001

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:54:54 PM

I have determined how to upload custom mining software however is there a way I can add the mining software as an entirely new entry is the list under profit profile properties?

Also, can I set miner specific entries like, -i 25,for certain algorithms (or possibly custom pools) and not for the entire miner software? I have noticed I can tune some algorithms up a bit more but then it causes crashing on others.

It is really needed to have the possibility to add specific intensity values for each algo.

ccminer's default intensity is much less tan your GPU can handle. I tested with increasing intensity until crashing the miner and you can get 30% more has rate and more money for a part of the algos and AM really needs to have custom settings like it was requested in the past for each algo and not only for the miner like it is implemented right now.

ALSO:
I believe it would be better to show income statistics based on submitted (and also accepted shares) , instead AM not remains without any refresh to the last hash rate that was submitted by ccminer  even hours ago.

If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer that it has connection issues or it is not responding, and does not take time into consideration, it is not the correct behavior.
AM should have a timer that checks every x seconds the reported hashrate from the miner's API, with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list. RIGHT ?
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:25:47 PM

It is really needed to have the possibility to add specific intensity values for each algo.

ccminer's default intensity is much less tan your GPU can handle. I tested with increasing intensity until crashing the miner and you can get 30% more has rate and more money for a part of the algos and AM really needs to have custom settings like it was requested in the past for each algo and not only for the miner like it is implemented right now.

ALSO:
I believe it would be better to show income statistics based on submitted (and also accepted shares) , instead AM not remains without any refresh to the last hash rate that was submitted by ccminer  even hours ago.

If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer that it has connection issues or it is not responding, and does not take time into consideration, it is not the correct behavior.
AM should have a timer that checks every x seconds the reported hashrate from the miner's API, with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list. RIGHT ?

You can already have AM check hash rate and accepted shares and configure rules from there.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:14:51 PM

Yes, you need to add the uploaded custom mining software to the Managed Software section in AM.  After doing so, you'll see it listed under the profit profile properties.

There's multiple places to add additional commands.  Where you add them depends on where you want to apply it.  The simplest is adding the -i 25 at the Custom Pool level.  But this may not work if you have rigs that need different intensities... so you can add it at the rig level.  You can even add it at the online services pool level.
puwaha

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:19:18 PM

Hi Folks, how is everyone’s experience with Awesome Miner auto reboot feature on the miners? Does this mean if I’m away and a miner goes down it will auto reboot? Any experiences of users of this feature? Please provide feedback. Thanks.

There are limitations, but yes.  It depends on what you mean by "miner goes down".  If you mean the mining software crashes, but the rig is otherwise fine... then yes... AM will restart the mining software.  You can adjust the rule about this to also reboot the rig for good measure if you like.

If you mean that the rig locks up, then AM will not be able to communicate with the Remote Service to issue a reboot command.  In this case you'd want to setup further automation via AM like my (shameless plug)... Puwaha's Poor Man's Networked PDU: Using Smart Plugs and Awesome Miner...  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2866608.0

puwaha

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:23:01 PM

If this happens often to you, you should setup or adjust a rule based upon Accepted progress.  If the accepted rate doesn't increase after X number of minutes, then have AM apply a template (or you could do another pool) so it will mine something else.
JackIT

Activity: 99
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:33:43 AM

Can someone help with intensity changes for ccminer

What I've tried: Go to Managed Software > CcMiner 2.2.4 found the line for the algo I wish to modify (Phi) entered --intensity=20 in the User defined Command Line argument I've also tried -i 20

Result, miner starts up, and within seconds the window disappears...

when looking at the logs, I can see that the default i 25 is in the command line argument, along with the values I input into the Managed Software section.

Help? please.

X16R - RVN - Miner head to head test log (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3385643)
puwaha

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:53:47 AM

What I've tried: Go to Managed Software > CcMiner 2.2.4 found the line for the algo I wish to modify (Phi) entered --intensity=20 in the User defined Command Line argument I've also tried -i 20

when looking at the logs, I can see that the default i 25 is in the command line argument, along with the values I input into the Managed Software section.

Help? please.

If you add it to the Managed Miner or to the Pool custom command lines does it override the default?
JackIT

Activity: 99
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:09:12 AM

Help? please.

If you add it to the Managed Miner or to the Pool custom command lines does it override the default?

I haven't tried that, because that would apply it to any miner/algo. I just need it for one specific case

X16R - RVN - Miner head to head test log (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3385643)
eminer001

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:57:19 AM

If this happens often to you, you should setup or adjust a rule based upon Accepted progress.  If the accepted rate doesn't increase after X number of minutes, then have AM apply a template (or you could do another pool) so it will mine something else.

You did not understand the question.

Read again and test it yourself.

Try and unplug network cable to check in the simplest way. 

The problem is that if zpool is under DDOS attack, when ccminer tries to submit the shares it shows "connection refused" error. During this period AM does not update hashing rate and remains with the old hashrate for minutes or even hours. This is a big mistake from implementation algorithm because AM waits for updates from a miner that could be broken instead of AM having a computed hash rate per second that will solve a lot of problems like the one from above, when if you have 24 hours statistics you could have ccminer stucked for 12  hours or more instead of having it restarted (or switching to next one from statistics list) by AM like it suppose to do in a correct way.

Dear puwaha , next time try and understand and test things before writing wrong and misleading answers.

Have a nice day.

eminer001

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:14:01 AM

Help? please.

I haven't tried that, because that would apply it to any miner/algo. I just need it for one specific case

I've done this also. The problem is that you can not specify intensity for each algo for ccminer or every other miner.  
The window was closing in my case with the error "out of memory" for a part of the algos and i was able to view this with "Diagnostics" function from toolbar.

Having custom intensity settings specially for your GPU will increase your income by 30%. Default intensity values varies from one different chip to another but for example for Nvidia 1080 chip used on Gigabyte AORUS that is made from copper plate you will be able to get 20% more hash rate than a low end KFA2 1080 GPU that does not have copper pipes or copper plate, it has a small steel radiator.  So, ccminer does not know you have AORUS and it starts with minimal intensity settings for 1080, the same happens if you have water cooled gpu or the gpu rig submersed in mineral oil that offers huge overclocking advantage.

I believe this should be considered a priority by the developer of AM, instead of answering emails he should focus on fixing all issues with the software that are critical, because not taking an action and loosing money is as bad as AM crashing and being useles.

Have a great day.  

fgm

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:50:46 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 12:50:59 PM by fgm

Hi, i've been using the miner and i have  some ideas about improving the graphical interface:

- when you search for awesome miner agents put a field in the wizard to enter the password, so you don't have to enter the password for each host - if you add lots of miner it is tiresome to modify each one.
- add a checkmark in miner properties to get the worker name from the description, so you don't have to always check "add to worker name" and type the worker for each miner
- make a "clone" button for the managed hosts section
- make the hw errors text color in webserver red so it pops out and see it better
- make a button to map all the selected miner gpus to system monitoring
- maybe add a tooltip so when you hover with the mouse above the miner after 2 you can see the  details ( command line arguments and configuration )
- in the right click menu add an option to rdp ( remote desktop ) to the miner
- important - add an option to remove all income/revenue data in the dashboard  from the view only / control view user roles
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: