Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 08:03:02 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 [1548] 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 1806989 times)
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 364

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 11:33:13 AM

Simple function, 1000 words.

The function is simple.  Observing the actual XT adoption curve, though the fog of war and despite weaponized version stamps, is another matter entirely.

I'm not surprised you'd rather gloat about the funny picture than address what happens when XT is led down our garden path, into premature aggression and subsequent disaster.   Grin

There is no fog, just your own cataracts obscuring your vision.

And yes, that was very funny. I'm surprised you didn't quote it.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wexlike

Activity: 746

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:10:01 PM

I guess your prefer a r/Bitcoin frontpage full of "WHERE IS MY BLOCKSIZE INCREASE? I WANT IT NOW. STOP CENSORSHIP"

That's what it's looked like all summer.   Grin

Time to swing the mighty banhammer and clean house.

The sooner the Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk themselves the better.

And why are you still here, in cypher's world of free speech, instead of running with your soulmates, the supressors and illiberals?

This is theymos's world of free speech.  Like us, Frap.doc is a guest here, even though he usually acts like he owns the place and gets to decide what's on the stereo, what we're eating for supper, and what color to paint the garage.

You'd think someone as old and with as many BTC as him would be a Donator, but no...   Undecided

It looks to me, that the bigger blocksize group tries to find a consensus in an open debate, while the 1MB group is absolutely fine with censorship and dividing(splitting) the community in 2 camps.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:15:32 PM

F YOU ARE NOT RUNNING A FULL NODE, YOU ARE NOT REALLY USING BITCOIN

You are by Satoshi's definition. The phrase "a user" in a whitepaper about Bitcoin describes someone using Bitcoin.

The way to address concerns about the weaker security of SPV is to deliver something better, and people will switch to it. That or get serious about mining centralization, or both.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 1512

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 12:18:57 PM

that was very funny. I'm surprised you didn't quote it.

It's been a long, popcorn-and-comedy-filled day.   Cheesy

And I'm still looking forward to even more lulz in the responses to Luv Khemani's [bitcoin-dev] "Miners are struggling with blocks far smaller than 750KB blocks and resorting to SPV mining" post!  Uh-oh, it looks like the good ship Gavincoin is on a collision course with wackiness!   Tongue

Although flattering, that other thing wasn't even in the top 10 of the funniest stuff I saw in the Great Gavinista Massacre's preamble, execution, and aftermath.

On a lulzy buttrage scale of 1 to 10, it rates about 1.5 Frap.docs.

It looks to me, that the bigger blocksize group tries to find a consensus in an open debate, while the 1MB group is absolutely fine with censorship and dividing(splitting) the community in 2 camps.

Moderation is not censorship.  Your social engineering attack has failed.

The sooner you Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk yourselves the better.

The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy.  David Chaum 1996
Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect.  Adam Back 2014
"Monero" : { Private - Auditable - 100% Fungible - Flexible Blocksize - Wild & Free® - Intro - Wallets - Podcats - Roadmap - Dice - Blackjack - Github - Android }

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016
Blocks must necessarily be full for the Bitcoin network to be able to pay for its own security.  davout 2015
Blocksize is an intentionally limited resource, like the 21e6 BTC limit.  Changing it degrades the surrounding economics, creating negative incentives.  Jeff Garzik 2013

"I believed @Dashpay instamine was a bug & not a feature but then read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231
I'm not against people making money, but can't support questionable origins."
https://twitter.com/Tone_LLT/status/717822927908024320

The raison d'être of bitcoin is trustlessness. - Eric Lombrozo 2015
It is an Engineering Requirement that Bitcoin be “Above the Law”  Paul Sztorc 2015
Resiliency, not efficiency, is the paramount goal of decentralized, non-state sanctioned currency -Jon Matonis 2015

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016

Technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months. - Phil Zimmerman 2013

The only way to make software secure, reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features. - Andy Tanenbaum 2004

"Hard forks cannot be co
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:23:40 PM

I don't know if you guys been on reddit today but it's amazing the level of sensible and reasonable discussion that can be had when we cut out the "censorship" and "xtears" crap.

If I'd care enough to use changtip I'd buy theymos a beer right about now.

I see now you aren't Napoleon at all, that's ice. You are Winston.

I wonder at what point will you start to question your role at Minitrue?

If thermos's forum and sub are such Orwellian epitomes of authoritarianism, why do you visit and legitimize them by participating?

Perhaps https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt is more to your liking and more in keeping with your stated (but not yet demonstrated) noble ideals?

Go on, scramble your password and show us what first-mover defection from Bitcoin Core's socioeconomic majority actually looks like.

Running an XT node doesn't count anymore, ever since NotBitcoinXT + PseudoNode became a thing...   Cheesy

Whats more outlandish MP getting everyone to run BitcoinMP or you getting everyone to run NotXT?

Tough call. The motivation for either as almost as tenuous as your command on reality.

http://haschinabannedbitcoin.com
Full Node: http://46.51.193.129 (BU)
"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:31:09 PM

that was very funny. I'm surprised you didn't quote it.

It's been a long, popcorn-and-comedy-filled day.   Cheesy

And I'm still looking forward to even more lulz in the responses to Luv Khemani's [bitcoin-dev] "Miners are struggling with blocks far smaller than 750KB blocks and resorting to SPV mining" post!  Uh-oh, it looks like the good ship Gavincoin is on a collision course with wackiness!   Tongue

Although flattering, that other thing wasn't even in the top 10 of the funniest stuff I saw in the Great Gavinista Massacre's preamble, execution, and aftermath.

On a lulzy buttrage scale of 1 to 10, it rates about 1.5 Frap.docs.

Moderation is not censorship.  Your social engineering attack has failed.

The sooner you Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk yourselves the better.

Still here instead of fighting together with your totalitarian idols?

"Staat nenne ich's, wo alle Gifttrinker sind, Gute und Schlimme: Staat, wo alle sich selber verlieren, Gute und Schlimme:
Staat, wo der langsame Selbstmord aller – »das Leben« heisst."
inca
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:25:13 PM

The 1MB'ers are happy watching that adoption isn't growing anymore. Stupidity at its best.

Stupidity is pretending that "adoption" and "growth" is all about users & transactions.

Probably one of your more stupid posts.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:42:12 PM

The 1MB'ers are happy watching that adoption isn't growing anymore. Stupidity at its best.

Stupidity is pretending that "adoption" and "growth" is all about users & transactions.

brg444 is correct.  EG:

The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy.  David Chaum 1996
"Monero" : { Private - Auditable - 100% Fungible - Flexible Blocksize - Wild & Free® - Intro - Wallets - Podcats - Roadmap - Dice - Blackjack - Github - Android }

Blocks must necessarily be full for the Bitcoin network to be able to pay for its own security.  davout 2015
Blocksize is an intentionally limited resource, like the 21e6 BTC limit.  Changing it degrades the surrounding economics, creating negative incentives.  Jeff Garzik 2013

"I believed @Dashpay instamine was a bug & not a feature but then read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231

It is an Engineering Requirement that Bitcoin be “Above the Law”  Paul Sztorc 2015
Resiliency, not efficiency, is the paramount goal of decentralized, non-state sanctioned currency -Jon Matonis 2015

Technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months. - Phil Zimmerman 2013

The only way to make software secure, reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features. - Andy Tanenbaum 2004

"Hard forks cannot be co
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:46:07 PM

XTcharts has been on fire ever since fake XT nodes became available!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Hard forks cannot be co
Erdogan

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:51:23 PM

We have been reminded, by the pretention nodes, that there is always a risk of a largeblock being orphaned, especially the first one, then the next one that is larger, and so on. Not only due to timing, verification of the block, the technical stuff, but also the willingness of others to build on it. In business, the risk transforms directly to cost.

After a block of 2MB for example, the risk is reduced for blocks up to and including that exact size. We will therefore in the future see step increases in the blocksize, with retraction in between due to the varying demand. The typical leg up, stability, another leg up pattern, all market based.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:01:28 PM

We have been reminded, by the pretention nodes, that there is always a risk of a largeblock being orphaned, especially the first one, then the next one that is larger, and so on. Not only due to timing, verification of the block, the technical stuff, but also the willingness of others to build on it. In business, the risk transforms directly to cost.

After a block of 2MB for example, the risk is reduced for blocks up to and including that exact size. We will therefore in the future see step increases in the blocksize, with retraction in between due to the varying demand. The typical leg up, stability, another leg up pattern, all market based.

Yes, tip  toeing forward according to fundamentals, both technical and economic.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:02:48 PM

Yes, tip  toeing forward according to fundamentals, both technical and economic.

Spammers can try to influence that progression but it will cost them.
Paashaas

Activity: 566

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:08:56 PM

I agree, it's always the same story; ppl dont like to come out of there comfort zone.

To much noob bitching all over the place, i'll take a Bitcoin break, everything will be all fine.
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:18:55 PM

Quote of the Year (2012): "I lean towards Anarchism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theymos

"Staat nenne ich's, wo alle Gifttrinker sind, Gute und Schlimme: Staat, wo alle sich selber verlieren, Gute und Schlimme:
Staat, wo der langsame Selbstmord aller – »das Leben« heisst."
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:40:23 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking it's time for me to leave /r/bitcoin (or at least begin making an exit).  There seem to be three good migration choices:

/r/bitcoin_uncensored        1,403 subscribers

/r/bitcoinxt                      2,390 subscribers

/r/btc                              625 subscribers

On a strictly "what is the best name?" basis, I prefer /r/btc.  Bitcoin_uncensored will come across as dramatic and childish when this ordeal blows over and bitcoinxt will appear too tightly-coupled to a particular implementation of bitcoin (the very problem we are trying to avoid). 

So, I think I prefer /r/btc; however, it has the smallest readership at the moment.  What are other peoples' thoughts?

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Bagatell

Activity: 719

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:55:25 PM

All of the above, Multis ftw.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:19:39 PM

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:33:52 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking it's time for me to leave /r/bitcoin (or at least begin making an exit).  There seem to be three good migration choices:

On a strictly "what is the best name?" basis, I prefer /r/btc.  Bitcoin_uncensored will come across as dramatic and childish when this ordeal blows over and bitcoinxt will appear too tightly-coupled to a particular implementation of bitcoin (the very problem we are trying to avoid). 

So, I think I prefer /r/btc; however, it has the smallest readership at the moment.  What are other peoples' thoughts?

I unsubscribed from /r/bitcoin and subscribed to all of the above. Not sure which is the right path, but they are all better than thermos' Stalinist utopia. 
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:35:26 PM

Hey Guys,

I unsubscribed from /r/bitcoin and subscribed to all of the above. Not sure which is the right path, but they are all better than thermos' Stalinist utopia. 

use this:  https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3ha129/thoughts_on_normalizing_this_new_sub_and_killing/cu5ufhl
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:36:03 PM

brg444 is correct.  EG:

Closed minded stubbornness it pretending it's not.

The reason for these phenomenal VC investments has nothing to do with the 'block size debate'  this false cause fallacy, is yet another desperate attempt to argue some hidden agenda  and self interest, in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence.
Pages: « 1 ... 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 [1548] 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.