Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 [910] 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:32:38 PM

ATDevelopmentFund is now funded. When should we expect the AT to send the funds collected to the creator address?

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:38:31 PM

ATDevelopmentFund is now funded. When should we expect the AT to send the funds collected to the creator address?

Excellent work everyone, let me be the first to thank all the donors!

The AT is set to disburse in 7555 blocks, average block time is 4 minutes, so in approximately 21 days.

Thank you equipose for your efforts!

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:38:44 PM

Cheesy

Thank you all!

Remember that the funds arent release until the stated block. Would you still want to pledge some money, it will be possible untill we reach that block. So more than 100% is possible (see the test AT)

kurairaito

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:49:07 PM

Hello,

I just made a simple GUI to generate Batch file for cpu plotter.

Is someone can tell me how share a picture and deploy source code please ?

If you can't share a picture, I don't think many people will trust "a simple GUI" made by you.
Alas, there are many gullible people around, so... good luck.

Well, I think the issue might be also in the fact that newbies aren't permitted to post links Smiley

kurairaito, did you put your code on github or somewhere?

I posted source at https://github.com/Kurairaito/batch_plot_generator
There is also a png in the repo wich illustrate the gui.
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 09:11:45 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 04:21:51 AM by mmmaybe

About LuckyAT

We have discussed changes and new forms of LuckyAT today. As you know, work is being done to make it much easier to use (and create) ATs (read: no more .html downloads). That also means the platform can offer much more.

Two points were raised regarding possibly changing LuckyAT:

1. To have much faster payout system. Today the winner gets she's/he's money about a week after the current LuckyAT. But this can be changed into faster payouts, like every 3rd day or even daily. A certain delay most exist so people have the time to buys their tickets though.

Which payout system would you prefer, fast, slow, or perhaps both?

2. To have different levels of price of tickets. Some people have few BURST, while some are whales. As changing the time for payout, it is also possible to create variances in ticket price.

How much should a ticket cost, according to you, to suit both regular gamblers, whales and the minor holders: 50 - 2,000 - 50,000, or something else?

We want to hear what you thing about this to suit as many as possible Smiley

Creating different prices for tickets and payout time, of course also means there will be more than one lottery running, so they have to be clearly marked and named.

An earlier comment of about not only showing remaining blocks, but an estimate of time until the draw will also be implemented - even if an exact number is hard to predict.

Please discuss this here, but we will also make threads at BurstForum.com, where you will be able to vote.

Here are the relevant threads on BF:

Background: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/burst-successively-launched-a-decentralized-lottery-pr-and-the-future.593/
The cost of tickets: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-vote-on-ticket-price.670/
The intervals of finding a winner: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/luckyats-how-often-should-payouts-be.672/

Edit: links to voting

jamoes

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:52:14 PM

Remember that the funds arent release until the stated block. Would you still want to pledge some money, it will be possible untill we reach that block. So more than 100% is possible (see the test AT)

That's a shame that it will take so long to release the funds. It seems like it should be possible to code up an AT so that the funds are released as soon as the target funding level is reached.
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 10:07:15 PM

That's a shame that it will take so long to release the funds. It seems like it should be possible to code up an AT so that the funds are released as soon as the target funding level is reached.

We discussed that too, but what the outcome will be i'd know as it may required yet another fork.

Now you are, however, able to influence how the form of our lottery LuckyAT (see above)! The voting take place at BurstForum.com - if you aren't a member, please join.

vbcs

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:12:12 PM

We discussed that too, but what the outcome will be i'd know as it may required yet another fork.

Now you are, however, able to influence how the form of our lottery LuckyAT (see above)! The voting take place at BurstForum.com - if you aren't a member, please join.

No it does not require any fork to code up and deploy such AT.

1ELCU3hahFLMPPqsoHS2Mg2Rqjya6VXjAW
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 10:21:27 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 11:21:45 PM by mmmaybe

No it does not require any fork to code up and deploy such AT.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Now - go voting and create the lottery you want to be implemented by wizard vbcs! Cheesy

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 11:21:21 PM

Press Release is being prepared for crowdfunding now. One BIG reason to join our Twitter

1st https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/567095559266516994
Different one, big news! https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/567098128529367042
3rd one: https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/567097056985370624

Mergesort

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:43:14 PM

Hello,

I just made a simple GUI to generate Batch file for cpu plotter.

Is someone can tell me how share a picture and deploy source code please ?

If you can't share a picture, I don't think many people will trust "a simple GUI" made by you.
Alas, there are many gullible people around, so... good luck.

Well, I think the issue might be also in the fact that newbies aren't permitted to post links Smiley

kurairaito, did you put your code on github or somewhere?

I posted source at https://github.com/Kurairaito/batch_plot_generator
There is also a png in the repo wich illustrate the gui.

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS?! GUIs for simpler use of this coin are needed! Make it a Full-package Plotter + miner and you might get more users! I don't get why you guys play around with lottery while this is not done yet?! There is competition out there with millions of funding you can't keep this a community project forever! You are supposed to develope a decentralized online storage solution, mining useless files(files without any purpose) on your HDD doesn't make sense!
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 11:51:46 PM

Just as a heads up (to make sure people don't "waste their BURST on buying a ticket when there is little chance") you should check the "winning ticket" number (if it is close to that of the winner of the first round then you have very little chance of winning).

Personally I don't gamble (and wasn't so keen to actually even create the Lottery use case) but I decided that as the Lottery doesn't take any commission and charges hardly any fees (15 BURST from memory) then arguably it is about the fairest lottery in existence (especially as you can see from the value of the current winning ticket what your chances are).

I seriously doubt that any state run lottery in the world is as open and efficient as LuckyAT is (as it doesn't require TV presenters or publishing in any traditional media nor any fancy machine with numbered balls).

How do you define "if it is close to that of the winner of the first round then you have very little chance of winning"

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 11:54:56 PM

I have sent a message from one burst account to another. It got never confirmed and after about one hour the deducted fee was returned. I tried three times, then I started to reduce the message size and at one point it succeeded.

That suggests that the size of the message may only have a certain character size.
If so, what is the size?
If so, could we suggest to the developer (whoever they are) that the message sending screen would show a count down.

I think I hit a similar issue where messages that ended with LF (unix linebreak) would get accepted by the API endpoint but not get transmitted over the network and so time out. These were messages sent with payments btw.

messages uses    \n   as line break

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 12:07:38 AM

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/How-To:CreatePublicNode - Works fine for me, you have been asking this question for about a month, what exactly is your definition of a node?

2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Works fine on my end and others, sounds like something is wrong on your end.

3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Seems like nothing but feature bloat to me.  Just use the actual method.

4. Who are the developer of Burst?
BurstDev.

1. I followed exactly that instructions.
Since you got it to run:
What wallet version did you use?
Did you create a hallmark? For me this step did not work, but maybe with an older version of wallet it would.

2. restart of burst helped

3. I finished now one case and will make a document soon

4. BurstDev? ist that a Bitcoin Forum user?
Maybe I rephrase this problem. Average Joe maybe not be able to answer some questions. MMaybe if he says something, I can safely ignore it. However, if somebody apparently with knowledge (developer) would answer, I can trust it would work ;-)

Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:10:39 AM

That's why I asked how I can share à picture. I tried with google drive but got proxi error when I previewed my message.

Also I would give source code as I said and not binaries. Source is about 50 lines made with Qt and Very simple to understand...

imgur

All, u can pm me the link i can share for u or whatever if u want.
seasonw

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:10:49 AM

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS?! GUIs for simpler use of this coin are needed! Make it a Full-package Plotter + miner and you might get more users! I don't get why you guys play around with lottery while this is not done yet?! There is competition out there with millions of funding you can't keep this a community project forever! You are supposed to develope a decentralized online storage solution, mining useless files(files without any purpose) on your HDD doesn't make sense!

I agreed that we should concentrate on GUI design, or maybe have some bounties for GUI work.

But your statement of "mining useless files(files without any purpose) on your HDD doesn't make sense" is not true, it just similar statement to BitCoin that "mining to waste CPU power to calculate useless hash doesn't make sense". I doubt you might not understand the reason of plot file usage yet.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:20:37 AM

Now got problems on mining over aat .farm

Mining .conf file

Code:
{
   "Mode" : "pool",

"Server" : "cryptomining.farm",
   "Port": 8124,

"UpdaterAddr" : "cryptomining.farm",
   "UpdaterPort": 80,

"EnableProxy": true,
   "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["F:\\optimized_plots"],
   "CacheSize" : 200000,

"ShowMsg" : false ,
   "ShowUpdates" : false,

"UseSorting" : true,
   "Debug": true,
   "Generator": false,
   "SendBestOnly": true,
   "TargetDeadline": 2592000,

"UseFastRcv" : false,
   "SendInterval": 200,
   "UpdateInterval": 2000

}

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
lagur

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:25:11 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 02:53:49 PM by lagur

If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Athlon X4? Core2Duo / Pentium 2core?

Thanks

I have an older core2duo e6600 with 4gb ram running 2 x 4.5Tb usb drives but it takes
120+ seconds to scan them. I have a similar setup with amd apu a4-4000 and that takes
a about 180+ seconds.

I think a budget Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz would be good, my next miner will have that cpu Smiley

Wow thanks for the inputs... interesting results.

Thanks lagur and riskyfire for sharing the results. This is very important that I think raspberry pi B+ (that we wanted to try) should not work great.

A budget PC will be the only option for burst mining machine.

Created Burstcoin hardware mining comparison

Kindly contribute your mining info to the spreadsheet Smiley

Feel free to suggest as well.
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:34:03 AM

If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Athlon X4? Core2Duo / Pentium 2core?

Thanks

I have an older core2duo e6600 with 4gb ram running 2 x 4.5Tb usb drives but it takes
120+ seconds to scan them. I have a similar setup with amd apu a4-4000 and that takes
a about 180+ seconds.

I think a budget Intel Pentium G3258 3.2Ghz would be good, my next miner will have that cpu Smiley

Wow thanks for the inputs... interesting results.

Thanks lagur and riskyfire for sharing the results. This is very important that I think raspberry pi B+ (that we wanted to try) should not work great.

A budget PC will be the only option for burst mining machine.

Created Burstcoin hardware mining comparison: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_ZTY_IUudTEtz96I9w7ExrimI-HBScHr5hh0wSn1R8/edit#gid=0

Kindly contribute your mining info to the spreadsheet Smiley

Feel free to suggest as well.

I don't see why a donation address is necessary.

We had a sheet before....look to the beginning of the thread...wait, i search

EDIT: Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uaXMLjLt90Ms1oRjcjz-eYPOkARtNS8JdrKFKOJdg4o/edit#gid=0
Merick

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:40:03 AM

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/How-To:CreatePublicNode - Works fine for me, you have been asking this question for about a month, what exactly is your definition of a node?

2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Works fine on my end and others, sounds like something is wrong on your end.

3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
Seems like nothing but feature bloat to me.  Just use the actual method.

4. Who are the developer of Burst?
BurstDev.

1. I followed exactly that instructions.
Since you got it to run:
What wallet version did you use?
Did you create a hallmark? For me this step did not work, but maybe with an older version of wallet it would.

2. restart of burst helped

3. I finished now one case and will make a document soon

4. BurstDev? ist that a Bitcoin Forum user?
Maybe I rephrase this problem. Average Joe maybe not be able to answer some questions. MMaybe if he says something, I can safely ignore it. However, if somebody apparently with knowledge (developer) would answer, I can trust it would work ;-)

The way I read the definition of "Hallmark" it only applies to the NXT code.  A hallmark verifies that a specific node belongs to a specific account. "If you are operating a public NXT node and have a non-trivial balance then hallmarking is strongly recommended"  NXT is a POS coin and NSC aka NXT security coins are distributed to NXT Hallmarked-Nodes. (https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/%28ann%29-nsc-nxt-security-coin/).  Hallmarking a NXT node allows more traffic to be processed through it (https://nxtforum.org/general/why-should-i-hallmark-my-node/?PHPSESSID=0tqdvh6uu0ql16rfikvp86kea6).  

None of this Hallmarking information appears to apply to a BUST NODE.  A BURST node could care less what accounts are associated with it, your job as a node is to relay block information to other wallets.  Just like in any other POW coin, a "node" is just a database interface "wallet" that has a very high uptime, close to 100%, has a high bandwidth, and can accept a high amount of connected peers.  You can adjust your peer count within the burst config file, and you can make sure your "node" is reachable by others by setting your external IP within the config file.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this NXT hallmark reference that your current "node" is not doing?

Your questions confuse me, I may be an average Joe, but my Google-Foo is at a decent level.
Pages: « 1 ... 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 [910] 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: