Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
Bowel irritator

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:44:41 PM

You need to replace the files at %APPDATA%/Burst Wallet by the ones in that zip
It's a portable version. There is no need to replace something.
Version 0.3.9.2 is not working.
The local version is working! 0.3.9.2

The last days since we have this problem it takes about 1min. to open my wallet and i get that error message about no online connection etc.
Then after 5min. i can simply use my local wallet.

Maybe you have to download the blockchain if you never used the local wallet.
The wallet will guide you through this. Smiley
I use this wallet a long time and I never had any issues untill now.

Local version is not working too. I was waiting 1 hour since opened. And my DB is up to date.
And I guess I should NOT see any errors at all if it's a normal stable version.

Unless you did not follow the instructions provided. Did you replace the %APPDATA% files?
orio

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:03:33 PM

The last days since we have this problem it takes about 1min. to open my wallet and i get that error message about no online connection etc.

Local version is not working too. I was waiting 1 hour since opened. And my DB is up to date.

Unless you did not follow the instructions provided. Did you replace the %APPDATA% files?
I don't have any appdata files because I use portable version. There is only portable on github.

Ok. I will wait for a stable version from the developers.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 12:09:01 AM

Hello guys, so recently i am into mining and i remember i tried mining burst weeks ago but realised with 500gb hdd, it will not net me any profit.

So i am guessing to invest into HDD for a total of 10-20TB perhaps.

My country is based in Malaysia.

Is there any great and cheap external HDD which i can mine with my laptop that you guys can suggest me?

In my country

An average of 4TB external HDD will cost me around $13x - $15x

Anyhow, is mining burst with HDD worth?

Thank you!
i'm going to wait for some expert to answer this question of yours mate, as i also wanted to invest with mining this coin i just don't have any idea if how long it will take me to get my roi and what will be a good set up using only i7 laptop hope someone can guide us so we can start the process, thanks in advance guys.

Requoting for awareness, hope someone can help us Smiley
Bowel irritator

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:59:28 AM

Thank you!
i'm going to wait for some expert to answer this question of yours mate, as i also wanted to invest with mining this coin i just don't have any idea if how long it will take me to get my roi and what will be a good set up using only i7 laptop hope someone can guide us so we can start the process, thanks in advance guys.
[/quote]

[/quote]

4TB HDD will get about $6.70 USD per month, which means that, at the prices quoted above, they pay for themselves in under 3 months.

DO IT!
Bowel irritator

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:00:15 AM

Hello guys, so recently i am into mining and i remember i tried mining burst weeks ago but realised with 500gb hdd, it will not net me any profit.

Is there any great and cheap external HDD which i can mine with my laptop that you guys can suggest me?

In my country

Thank you!

You can also calculate it here: http://burstcoin.biz/calculator
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:00:29 AM

In my country

Thank you!

Go to www.burstnation.com , we have thousands of members there to help u. Burst nation is 1000% more active compare to here.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 01:30:48 AM

In my country

Thank you!

Go to www.burstnation.com , we have thousands of members there to help u. Burst nation is 1000% more active compare to here.

Alright thanks alot! Hope it will help me figure it out, thanks alot for the recommendation as i only uses https://forums.burst-team.us but the site registration took time to approve :p
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:33:34 AM

In my country

Thank you!

You could except that site is still down as well.

So I'm just going to assume at this point, this guy (Haitch) just shut everything down.  I'm sure somebody knows, would be nice if someone gave an official word. 
Bowel irritator

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:48:05 AM

In my country

Thank you!

So I'm just going to assume at this point, this guy (Haitch) just shut everything down.  I'm sure somebody knows, would be nice if someone gave an official word. 

I was on the site when I posted, I think it's just cutting in and out. Actually, the calculation I offered was done there just before... but yeah, looking like a big pile o' crap on that end of the network.

There are a ton of miners unhappy with the state of things, and not many are buying the excuses being thrown around. One day it's because of coin rain, the next it's an attack that nobody has presented any proof of, now there is a post here saying that there is a big storm in the mid-west where the servers are, but then has a link to accuweather ...talking about a storm in the NORTHEAST.

At least Nation got up and running before this shitstorm. If there was no alternative to the 'burst-team' shit show right now, Burst would lose a huge number of supporters.

I would be first in line to GTFO.
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:09:36 AM

In my country

Thank you!

I was on the site when I posted, I think it's just cutting in and out. Actually, the calculation I offered was done there just before... but yeah, looking like a big pile o' crap on that end of the network.

There are a ton of miners unhappy with the state of things, and not many are buying the excuses being thrown around. One day it's because of coin rain, the next it's an attack that nobody has presented any proof of, now there is a post here saying that there is a big storm in the mid-west where the servers are, but then has a link to accuweather ...talking about a storm in the NORTHEAST.

At least Nation got up and running before this shitstorm. If there was no alternative to the 'burst-team' shit show right now, Burst would lose a huge number of supporters.

I would be first in line to GTFO.

There actually some big power outages...more toward midwest...I just talked to someone out that way.  Don't know where were talking exactly though (with regard to this situation)...and you'd figure someone would take 30 seconds and post something "official"...albeit maybe not the most important thing in their life at the moment.   
TetraHect0rCannabinol

Activity: 101

Twitter -> @z0rius

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 03:09:10 AM

https://forums.burst-team.us is back online for now, seems the attacks stopped for now or @haitch has found a way to block them Smiley

*Grabs a bottle of Whiskey* - Its official, Im crazyer than crazy, I Am Hect0r Baby Cheesy
Bowel irritator

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:39:40 PM

There actually some big power outages...more toward midwest...I just talked to someone out that way.  Don't know where were talking exactly though (with regard to this situation)...and you'd figure someone would take 30 seconds and post something "official"...albeit maybe not the most important thing in their life at the moment.   
[/quote]

Well, let's do some alternative math...

1 vague accusation of a network with no proof

add 1 vague reference to a storm that may or may not be in the same area,

multiply that by 0 real information,

divide by the new low in investor confidence...another 0

Anything times 0 is 0.

And the team-forum is "up" the same it's always up.... liek a yo-yo... up, down, up, down...

I can't wait for someone to back up these claims with some kind of evidence, and I won't wait for it, cuz none of it happened.
Macr0

Activity: 370

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:17:55 PM

Yes i have to agree the wallet was slow on start and i never had issues with the online service like the last few days.
It's just a lil bit weird, my local works really fine!? I just updated the whole chain again and my local opened in under 5min. after first start!
I didn't updated it with the burstnation file, just vanilla 0.3.9.2.  Smiley

Anyhow it seems fine now! Online works again! 

NAV Coin - Valence | Decentralized & Simplified | Crypto - VApps and more: https://navcoin.org/ - https://valenceplatform.org/ - https://navhub.org/roadmap/
Newuser16

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:48:19 PM

I have the same issue and I did replace the files in the %APPDATA%/BurstWallet the wallet is still not working!!! I waited 10 hours, still not working!
Macr0

Activity: 370

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:32:40 PM

If you still can't run the local wallet:
Maybe it helps to deinstall the client and reinstall it, get java up to date(!) and reload the blockchain to use the local wallet.

Online function seems not available again but local is fine.  Smiley I have no problems!  Huh

Just did a test: In about 1min. my local was open this time again!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/burstwindowswallet/

NAV Coin - Valence | Decentralized & Simplified | Crypto - VApps and more: https://navcoin.org/ - https://valenceplatform.org/ - https://navhub.org/roadmap/
Bowel irritator

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:13:17 PM

I have the same issue and I did replace the files in the %APPDATA%/BurstWallet the wallet is still not working!!! I waited 10 hours, still not working!

Go to burstnation and ask around... there are a few people online right now that can help you with that.
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:07:12 AM

In my country

Thank you!

Not shut down, was just busy dealing with DDoS attack.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:27:58 AM

In my country

Thank you!

Any idea when sites will be fully functional again?
ccminer.net

Activity: 595
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:15:35 AM

In my country

Thank you!

from my end it is still offline Sad
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:21:35 AM

In my country

Thank you!

from my end it is still offline Sad

The site is up - the pools/wallets are still under attack.

"All the comments in the Bitcointalk Thread ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.3060 ) about this site being DDoS attacked, including my own comment, have been deleted. It seems the censorship that exists over in that other place has spread to the "new OP" post. I now understand the concerns of those in the original thread"

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Pages: « 1 ... 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: