Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:13:41 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 07:42:33 PM by dewdeded

What about first building a working coin as transaction currency? Versus fantasizing of creating Monero based assets that pay lifetime(?) "passive income" without doing anything.

And in general I cant think of a way how on-chain assets that pay passive income can/could be fairly implemented without creating massive unfairness and overreach benefits for early adopters.

Bitcoin suffers enough from its unfairness. We should not create a similar situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:14:22 PM

i'd love to see something like just-dice from someone trusted.
sadly my country forbids me to make it (or use it)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:17:41 PM

Fuck gambling. Create something useful to the general public with Monero. Alot of people would be happy to help you.
onemorexmr

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:19:49 PM

there is cryptocoin-dice.
i think its good, i had some fun there Grin

nice - it even allows investing!
i am not really interested in gambling itself... i'd prefer being part of the bankroll

but i never heard of "Bobbax" before... so i'll skip it for the moment

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
onemorexmr

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:21:03 PM

Fuck gambling. Create something useful to the general public with Monero. Alot of people would be happy to help you.

i just need an idea...server, coding experience (15yrs work) is all there...
so please contact me if you have one and we can work something out.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:27:50 PM

Exactly.
Creating things that are in this world will help also adoption from this world.
Investment trust that creates demand for Moneros and holds the coins is something Monero could reach this goal.

Mining business could indeed be one of that kind, and with the idea of paying dividend after holding some time the coin so that it also prevents the dump.

We should not be focused in too much "niche" but more general stuff. I do not have exact plan how to do such things at least yet but just idea. I am by personality very idea-rich guy... Implementing the ideas is my weakness.  Embarrassed
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 03:29:30 PM

there is cryptocoin-dice.
i think its good, i had some fun there Grin

nice - it even allows investing!
i am not really interested in gambling itself... i'd prefer being part of the bankroll

but i never heard of "Bobbax" before... so i'll skip it for the moment

David Latapie vouches for Bobbax, and i think there was a face-to-face scheduled between Bobbax, David, and some investors. You'll have to check with David on the details.

Here's his write-up of ccd:

https://moneroeconomy.com/blogs/en/david-latapie/bet-monero

dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:31:08 PM

onemorexmr: I have no good idea now. But I write your name down, I will forward meaningful ideas to you, when they pop up.

In general: Once again, we need board/portal/site/thread for project development. We people can advertise their skill sets, background and interest fields. So people creating XMR projects could cooperate, hire each other or form projects/startups together.

Like: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=12.0

Maybe rename https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas to "Project Development" or add subforum for people to advertise their interest in buidling Monero projects/services.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 03:53:18 PM

onemorexmr: I have no good idea now. But I write your name down, I will forward meaningful ideas to you, when they pop up.

In general: Once again, we need board/portal/site/thread for project development. We people can advertise their skill sets, background and interest fields. So people creating XMR projects could cooperate, hire each other or form projects/startups together.

Like: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=12.0

Maybe rename https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas to "Project Development" or add subforum for people to advertise their interest in buidling Monero projects/services.

kinda similar page on moneroeconomy.com

https://moneroeconomy.com/openbazaar

And "working coin as transaction currency". - it works. I've transacted.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:05:37 PM

Create a bitcoin wallet that auto washes with XMR on every purchase through Polo API. Send small fee to DEV account for every transaction.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
onemorexmr

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:13:55 PM

Create a bitcoin wallet that auto washes with XMR on every purchase through Polo API. Send small fee to DEV account for every transaction.

that would mean that all dirty btc transactions would go through my hands.

i dont know how polo reacts if they see "dirty coins". one of the reasons i like monero so much is that i dont need to think about taint.

but: if there is anybody with enough btc/xmr who doesnt care if his bitcoins are tainted i can certainly develop it.

what i like is that this would also help monero devs (i'd split the fees 50/50 in this case)

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:26:03 PM

i dont know how polo reacts if they see "dirty coins". one of the reasons i like monero so much is that i dont need to think about taint.

but: if there is anybody with enough btc/xmr who doesnt care if his bitcoins are tainted i can certainly develop it.

what i like is that this would also help monero devs (i'd split the fees 50/50 in this case)

No, what that would mean is a bitcoin wallet that is setup for it's own account (better secure it: although it should not contain much at any one time anyway) on polo that will auto buy xmr and then sell that xmr and then send the bought BTC. The Fee structure is your own thing.

Those using this wallet do not even have to know what XMR is. I recommend a fee added for the DEV fund for obvious reasons and you can take a cut as well as polo getting their cut by the sell/buy transaction. If you make enough dough feel free to toss me some.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
onemorexmr

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:29:58 PM

No, what that would mean is a bitcoin wallet that is setup for it's own account (better secure it: although it should not contain much at any one time anyway) on polo that will auto buy xmr and then sell that xmr and then send the bought BTC. The Fee structure is your own thing.

Those using this wallet do not even have to know what XMR is. I recommend a fee added for the DEV fund for obvious reasons and you can take a cut as well as polo getting their cut by the sell/buy transaction. If you make enough dough feel free to toss me some.

but its my polo account accepting btc.
eg if i were Mark Karpeles i'd send my btc to this service to get clean coins back.

that wouldn't go unnoticed and i bet my account would get blocked...

that's the reason i never made a btc-service. i don't want to hazzle with KYC or such laws

Monero allows me to do that without any fear (because it is FUNGIBLE)

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:30:55 PM

big drop is incoming!!!!!
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:32:32 PM

im up for making a monero faucet. we could pipe all "profits" (from advertising) straight to core dev address.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:37:42 PM

but its my polo account accepting btc.
eg if i were Mark Karpeles i'd send my btc to this service to get clean coins back.

that wouldn't go unnoticed and i bet my account would get blocked...

that's the reason i never made a btc-service. i don't want to hazzle with KYC or such laws

Monero allows me to do that without any fear (because it is FUNGIBLE)

OK, Your unable to see where this can go so think of your own idea. Instead of saying this is a problem and this is a problem, try thinking of solutions to those problems. That is called "Fleshing out" an idea. If you want someone to do all the work for you so you can paid then I recommend getting adopted.

onemorexmr

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:39:46 PM

OK, Your unable to see where this can go so think of your own idea. Instead of saying this is a problem and this is a problem, try thinking of solutions to those problems. That is called "Fleshing out" an idea. If you want someone to do all the work for you so you can paid then I recommend getting adopted.

well i did... i need someone with bitcoins who doesnt care about taint.
that way we can even safe on slippage (which is huge on polo for amounts > 5btc)

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:49:03 PM

well i did... i need someone with bitcoins who doesnt care about taint.
that way we can even safe on slippage (which is huge on polo for amounts > 5btc)

You will have no trust that way and will be doomed before you start.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:58:32 PM

What is the point of this?
I do not quite get what does Monero benefit for such activity... Monero needs demand, not pumping and dumping on exchange back and forth.
Demand for Monero comes only and only from the fact that Monero offers everybody something.
For gamer it already offers Risto's game, but now it is only thing Monero has and for most people it doesn't offer anything currenntly.
There need to be incentives to buy and HODL the coin.
Hodling Moneros is the only thing it will ever reach any serious value. Bitcoin's success is based on the fact that it is not spent mostly but holded. Only a fraction of bitcoins are "on the move" and vast majority is in cold storages waiting for higher prices.

Let's create incentives for holding the coin and then it is pretty much it. There is no limit how high the price can go if people have reason to hold the coins.
One reason could be saving and investing like I suggested. I am sure there are plenty of more but that saving and investing is something that might open floodgates for Monero.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:08:12 PM

What is the point of this?
I do not quite get what does Monero benefit for such activity... Monero needs demand, not pumping and dumping on exchange back and forth.
Demand for Monero comes only and only from the fact that Monero offers everybody something.
For gamer it already offers Risto's game, but now it is only thing Monero has and for most people it doesn't offer anything currenntly.
There need to be incentives to buy and HODL the coin.
Hodling Moneros is the only thing it will ever reach any serious value. Bitcoin's success is based on the fact that it is not spent mostly but holded. Only a fraction of bitcoins are "on the move" and vast majority is in cold storages waiting for higher prices.

Let's create incentives for holding the coin and then it is pretty much it. There is no limit how high the price can go if people have reason to hold the coins.
One reason could be saving and investing like I suggested. I am sure there are plenty of more but that saving and investing is something that might open floodgates for Monero.

The point of this was to answer his original question, why don't you go back and read it.

Also this is not the thread for this discussion.

Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: