Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:50:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:10:34 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 07:43:52 PM by mmortal03

The XMR-TetherUSD had a very small amount of volume today on Poloniex. The Buy-Ask spread is still quite large, though: https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_xmr
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:13:29 PM

What is happening, sir?

XMR/BTC is steady-ish at ~250% over the monthly low.  Buy interest is massive-ish at ~350 BTC.  Supply is low-ish at ~200k XMR.

The drooling masses (IE redditurds) are beginning to realize the necessity of privacy and fungibility.

Peter Todd is ready to ride the Monero Mustang, and when he tweets people listen.

In the process of an acrimonious rebrand, the largest privacy-oriented coin revealed itself to be a top-down corporatist operation controlled by This One Dude.

The DB is ImminentTM.
(snip)

Thank you encouragement, mate.
I guess I am depressed when I see what is happening on the other side of the fence. Should focus more on the trend we are having and not to compare coins too much.
After all, when one studies Monero's 1 mo. chart, it looks nice.

I have no idea who is Peter Todd, but at least he has a decent number of followers on Twitter.  Smiley

IMO, worrying about what DRK is doing is a waste of time. Primarily because the market activity can't be trusted due to the instamine. Go to poloniex, put the chart on 1 month, and set the candles to 1 day. XMRs lowest daily activity in the last month is 45 BTC. DRKs is 2.6. I could go through and grab all those numbers and do an average or find the median, but the point is XMR's market activity (to me) indicates many actors. DRK's activity, on the other hand, indicates few actors.

Besides, and it has been mentioned before, these markets are too easily moved. Next time you buy, instead of putting into a buy wall and trying to get a deal, just eat away at the available sell orders.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:20:29 PM

You shoulnd't be worried about the DRK rise, it's way overbought at the moment and everyone knows it's mostly one whale pushing up the price with support and attack walls (lol) and every newbie is following buying at the (near) top.

A healthy correction is due but that doesn't mean some people will do anything they can to keep the price up, that absolutely doesn't mean this is smart money  Roll Eyes

The only reason I'm kicking myself now is that I didn't buy some under 0.006, only because there is a lot of money to be made from stupid money. I would never buy it because of fundamentals ofcourse.

Stock traders like BTC trading because there is a lot of dumb money involved, then we have DRK, a loooooot of dumb money involved  Grin
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:21:04 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:20:51 PM by vokain

The XMR-TetherUSD had a very small amount of volume today on Poloniex. There Buy-Ask spread is still quite large, though: https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_xmr

As far as I know, the only place currently available that has USD-Tethers is on BFX, as a withdraw option (they also have the capability to allow fiat deposits like wires on there). Tether access is still beta-only so it has yet to proliferate too far. So if you want to buy XMR with USD, the closest way past P2P exchanges is to acquire USD-Tethers by depositing USD in BFX
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:25:08 PM

Go to poloniex, put the chart on 1 month, and set the candles to 1 day. XMRs lowest daily activity in the last month is 45 BTC. DRKs is 2.6. I could go through and grab all those numbers and do an average or find the median, but the point is XMR's market activity (to me) indicates many actors. DRK's activity, on the other hand, indicates few actors.

Besides, and it has been mentioned before, these markets are too easily moved. Next time you buy, instead of putting into a buy wall and trying to get a deal, just eat away at the available sell orders.

I agree worrying about DRK is not relevant. But the reason for this: Cryptsy is the leading DRK exchange, Polo is the leading XMR exchange.

Bitcoinwisdom shows 30 day volume for DRK @ Cryptsy: 8,747

30 day volume for XMR @ Poloniex: 5,245

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Go to poloniex, put the chart on 1 month, and set the candles to 1 day. XMRs lowest daily activity in the last month is 45 BTC. DRKs is 2.6. I could go through and grab all those numbers and do an average or find the median, but the point is XMR's market activity (to me) indicates many actors. DRK's activity, on the other hand, indicates few actors.

I agree worrying about DRK is not relevant. But the reason for this: Cryptsy is the leading DRK exchange, Polo is the leading XMR exchange.

Bitcoinwisdom shows 30 day volume for DRK @ Cryptsy: 8,747

30 day volume for XMR @ Poloniex: 5,245

right. yeop, im a genius. thats what manic 2 minute analyses will get yah.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:40:10 PM

You shoulnd't be worried about the DRK rise, it's way overbought at the moment and everyone knows it's mostly one whale pushing up the price with support and attack walls (lol) and every newbie is following buying at the (near) top.

A healthy correction is due but that doesn't mean some people will do anything they can to keep the price up, that absolutely doesn't mean this is smart money  Roll Eyes

The only reason I'm kicking myself now is that I didn't buy some under 0.006, only because there is a lot of money to be made from stupid money. I would never buy it because of fundamentals ofcourse.

Stock traders like BTC trading because there is a lot of dumb money involved, then we have DRK, a loooooot of dumb money involved  Grin

Don't kick yourself.  Congratulate yourself for avoiding a Ponzi scheme that could implode at any moment for any number of reasons (legal, social, technical, bus-related).

It's not worth risking BTC that could be used to hlod moar XMR on gambling with shitcoins.  Don't try to pick up pennies in front of bulldozers.

XMR is supported by smart money and hot money; DARSH is pumped by scam money and dumb money.

DARSH also benefits from being older and trading on more exchanges (plus having an Official GUI).

This advantage will erode in the future, as USD-enabled CrapSea (where ~50% of DARSH trades) is rumored to be adding XMR Soon(tm).   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:46:28 PM

Don't kick yourself.  Congratulate yourself for avoiding a Ponzi scheme that could implode at any moment for any number of reasons (legal, social, technical, bus-related).

It's not worth risking BTC that could be used to hlod moar XMR on gambling with shitcoins.  Don't try to pick up pennies in front of bulldozers.

XMR is supported by smart money and hot money; DARSH is pumped by scam money and dumb money.

DARSH also benefits from being older and trading on more exchanges (plus having an Official GUI).

This advantage will erode in the future, as USD-enabled CrapSea (where ~50% of DARSH trades) is rumored to be adding XMR Soon(tm).   Cool

when the hell is that happening? be great to know that kind of information before it hits.

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:48:06 PM

Yes I know and I agree on all points, thing is when you know that this shit is going up because certain people just won't let the price go below a certain point, it's kind of free money.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:55:16 PM

when the hell is that happening? be great to know that kind of information before it hits.

I guess no one will never precisely know when this will happen, but the host during the dogedradio interview said they were working on integrating it.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:33:50 PM

when you know that this shit is going up because certain people just won't let the price go below a certain point, it's kind of free money.

Those certain people are throwing their pennies in front of the bulldozer, with the intent of using our greed to trick us into attempting to pick them up before we get flattened.

There is no 'free money.'  It's a trap!   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:39:32 PM

What is happening, sir?

XMR/BTC is steady-ish at ~250% over the monthly low.  Buy interest is massive-ish at ~350 BTC.  Supply is low-ish at ~200k XMR.

The drooling masses (IE redditurds) are beginning to realize the necessity of privacy and fungibility.

Peter Todd is ready to ride the Monero Mustang, and when he tweets people listen.

In the process of an acrimonious rebrand, the largest privacy-oriented coin revealed itself to be a top-down corporatist operation controlled by This One Dude.

The DB is ImminentTM.
(snip)

I guess I am depressed when I see what is happening on the other side of the fence. Should focus more on the trend we are having and not to compare coins too much.

I have no idea who is Peter Todd, but at least he has a decent number of followers on Twitter.  Smiley

IMO, worrying about what DRK is doing is a waste of time. Primarily because the market activity can't be trusted due to the instamine. Go to poloniex, put the chart on 1 month, and set the candles to 1 day. XMRs lowest daily activity in the last month is 45 BTC. DRKs is 2.6. I could go through and grab all those numbers and do an average or find the median, but the point is XMR's market activity (to me) indicates many actors. DRK's activity, on the other hand, indicates few actors.

I was going through this thread comparing XMR to Dark that was given to me here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10825310#msg10825310 and remember seeing that instamine mentioned. I can't believe that is not talked about more. I'm glad your brought up the drastic volume differences with DRK. To me this is a more worrisome problem than almost anything else (if true).

Somethings got to give...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:49:48 PM

The XMR-TetherUSD had a very small amount of volume today on Poloniex. The Buy-Ask spread is still quite large, though: https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_xmr

As far as I know, the only place currently available that has USD-Tethers is on BFX, as a withdraw option (but they also have the capability to allow fiat deposits on there). Tether access is still beta-only so it has yet to proliferate too far.

You can also actually acquire TetherUSD at Expresscoin.com, but it's by snail mail (check or money order). Sad I also can't deposit USD directly at Bitfinex, as my bank in the US doesn't do SWIFT. The context for all of this is that I've been waiting for a way to buy XMR directly for USD, or an equivalent. Going through BTC first makes my tax calculations more tedious than I'd like.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:52:49 PM

What is happening, sir?

The DB is ImminentTM.
(snip)

I was going through this thread comparing XMR to Dark that was given to me here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10825310#msg10825310 and remember seeing that instamine mentioned. I can't believe that is not talked about more. I'm glad your brought up the drastic volume differences with DRK. To me this is a more worrisome problem than almost anything else (if true).

Somethings got to give...

IAS

Yes, but I am a bit afraid we are pretty much the only people in the world who are concerned on instamines.
The people on the streets, if they are not going to accept crypto in masses, may not care such issues...? From their perspective all coins are on the same level (a coin that is instamined 50 % or a coin that are non-instamined but slowly mined 50 %).

The good thing about those type of coins is they are relatively easy to pump since the community is not that large. Therefore my concern is will Monero have ever the power to pump it big time? Do we have enough people who are not involved in buying the coins?

Believe me, I am kicking myself also as I did not buy any DRK when it dropped to 0.01... Now I could be selling it for 70-80 % profit and pour those money to XMR and XMR could have got more rise than this pathetic rise we are having now (I know I am spoiled - lol).  Grin
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:58:53 PM

I guess no one will never precisely know when this will happen, but the host during the dogedradio interview said they were working on integrating it.

Yes they've been working on intergrating it for months now Grin
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:22:25 PM

Yes they've been working on intergrating it for months now Grin

i'm betting the database build will help.

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:37:43 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 09:16:07 PM by Joshuar

There used be an address that owned 600k drk's around in June, and would send a few dark's here and there to users in the darkcoin thread who made positive comments and had a drk address in their sig. I suspect it was one of the addresses that got in on the instamine.

WTF is wrong with these people? If you can know that there's an address with 600k drk's in it, how is this private?

/rant

Even non-anon fastmined/instamined (or just all hoarded up by whales) alts are smart enough to break up their rich lists into a bunch of different addresses to make things look legit.

Maybe that's why there "used to be" such an address though.

This is one of the addresses, 3.2 million total inbound in 51 transactions and then outbound in just 14 transactions: XosXcEm3Y6Mv6tmBKd1rUWhqB9Pf1hABj7

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?188207.htm

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:54:19 PM

Any of you give much thought to the BTC fungability issue gaining traction (due to the Evolution theft?) Might be why Dash shot up today, maybe we follow shortly...
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ztvbb/bitcoin_fungability_problem_and_exchanges/

Looks like things are going to heat up here...
I really didn't expect to see this happen so soon (fungability issue). I get it, BTCe says they have some stolen coins (they think) and are freezing withdrawals. It just happened, so maybe time is a part of the reason, but this does open up the fungability in general issue. Pretty much when BTC started it's big drop a few days ago.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:34:53 PM

I was going through this thread comparing XMR to Dark that was given to me here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg10825310#msg10825310 and remember seeing that instamine mentioned. I can't believe that is not talked about more.

It's probably the most talked about topic on the whole bitcointalk's altcoin section.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:47:27 PM

There's only 40btc left to pass 0.003.
The recent exposure of today on reddit/twitter might be the trigger for the next move upward!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: