Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312485 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:49:15 PM

United Airlines: Nobody can do worse PR than us.
Fluffypony: Hold my beer.
 Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:15:33 PM

I don't think we can see 50 soon. Many bagholders are unhappy cause of fluffy and dump after price rose

Exactly. That's the reason we will encounter MANY bears until 0.022-0.025. We could have broken this earlier very easily, but now we'll have to wait a long time until buy pressure is high enough to break that wall. Investing in XMR is very long term. Well, very long term in cryptotime, which is still much faster than the regular stock market :')

I call BS... as we are only talking about a short time period of 24h's and i guess most positions that could hold us back more than before are unwinded already

I think the adoption rate was seriously hurt by the unprofessionalism shown, serious backers are easily scared off from childish acts that paint a project in a unstable light. I don't doubt that new comers were put off and many that were considering getting in were also put off and this is why the expected increase that the other top coins enjoyed was curtailed by this action.

With that being said the code is not effected and all this has done is put a damper on growth for awhile so it's not like the eco system and community are forever stunted as a result.

For me it is a net positive (although one I would not have liked to see) as it will give me time to accumulate some before the next spike. I doubt there was one true believer that has left because of this.

Still disagree, that is mostly dumb money that got scared away... serious backers or people who just don`t throw money at everything, take their time and use the best tech available, for those people the R&D is important... not the marketing department... and as you said code and dev-team still intact
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:01:24 AM

Oh there are absolutely big smart money players who were very disappointed in the NYC event, as well as some middling holders who, while I might not call them true believers, have been stalwart and steadfast holders, advocates, and in some degree contributors who were sufficiently off-put to change their allocations.  I know this with top-tier probability rather than with observational certainty.  

The real loss is that if the event has been better planned, more suitably advertised, and the content better curated, it could have been a watershed event in the development of Monero, as a software project, as a currency, as a protection of human rights, and as  community.  I hope that the next NYC Monero event will be better planned, further in advance, with better venue stability, a wider range of speakers, more dialogue, more topics, better food, and a 2013 Barolo (which, according to advance reports, is going to be an absolutely legendary vintage). Such an event has the potential, through Monero, of changing the world significantly for the better. A bigger after party would be nice too.

I think it would be good to organize Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Sao Paolo, Frankfurt, Paris, London events as well, focusing on centers of fintech, broadly distributed.

Hmm.  Barolo futures may be a correlated asset.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
DaveyJones

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:42:03 AM

Oh there are absolutely big smart money players who were very disappointed in the NYC event, as well as some middling holders who, while I might not call them true believers, have been stalwart and steadfast holders, advocates, and in some degree contributors who were sufficiently off-put to change their allocations.  I know this with top-tier probability rather than with observational certainty.  

The real loss is that if the event has been better planned, more suitably advertised, and the content better curated, it could have been a watershed event in the development of Monero, as a software project, as a currency, as a protection of human rights, and as  community.  I hope that the next NYC Monero event will be better planned, further in advance, with better venue stability, a wider range of speakers, more dialogue, more topics, better food, and a 2013 Barolo (which, according to advance reports, is going to be an absolutely legendary vintage). Such an event has the potential, through Monero, of changing the world significantly for the better. A bigger after party would be nice too.

I think it would be good to organize Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Sao Paolo, Frankfurt, Paris, London events as well, focusing on centers of fintech, broadly distributed.

Disappointment does not mean turning away... that is a difference. And people are right to be disappointed to 100%. But if the had to change their allocations because of the happening... that likely also means that they had put too much into it anyways. Also what you are sayin is just the negative side of that night, with the probability of turning away people ( depending on the subject ) you also attract new people that might have been looking for sth that focuses on the tech before $$$$, don't forget many of the code distributors did not come for the money, but because the project is interesting to them.

Does not mean we should not learn from what happened. Also keep in mind that these last weeks are only snippets in the time this project will be going forward, probably fluffygate will become a side-note sooner as you expect. Look @ Eth,  how rarely a much bigger scale event, like the DAO is event brought up or even cared about nowadays. From my social media range i can tell you... rarely, even though that event brought ETC along.
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:28:16 AM

Very well said. This could have been so much more. It could have been the difference between a prank and a genuine appeal to the next generation of self-financiers. A shout out to the "...few, we happy few, we band of brothers." A call to arms. A declaration of difference. An appeal to calm in the face of irrational exuberance.

If Monero is to ever have a chance of being something truly global and permanent, we need to mature. Pranks, trolls, and insularity will only get us so far. We all need to expand our horizons.

Baguette Holder.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:09:04 AM

Noted.
The date is May 16, 2018
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:38:27 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 04:56:37 AM by aminorex

"Buy the rumor, sell the news" is the venerable market truism.  I hope to catch some falling knives tomorrow evening.

And I did, substantially increasing my monero stocks - although it took more than a single evening to reach my buy point, and I quickly recycled those gains into fresh powder, for the coming lows.  I have some hope to catch the last few knives of the season again tonight, not because of a rumor, but becase of bitcoin.

That btc, which is complety unfit for use at this point, should rise while xmr, which outshines all other crypto as a long-term reserve asset AND as a liquidity transmission vehicle, barely keeps up, if that...well, it is clearly an irrational mispricing.  It may persist a long while, but in the meantime the resulting volatility makes market making in xmrusd a spectacularly good risk-adjusted return vehicle, so long as gains are booked in the appreciating leg.  I see no reason to hold any btc until the inevitable unlimited/lightning fork is imminent, no matter how bubbly it might get in the meantime.

'No plan survives contact with the enemy', but when it pivots nicely, and comes together nonetheless, the results can be magic.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:14:32 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 05:29:06 AM by aminorex

Oh I totally agree that fluffygate is a red herring - one dangled by concern trolls bent on getting your monero cheaply.  That is so over.  We are back to stable USD pricing , which always seems to hold.until shazam, we suddenly rush ahead of all the btc gains in the intermin, while btc retraces or just stagnates.

If you want to find the real source of the p&d on xmr from the 22d to the 25th, I suggest starting with:

XMR is not anon, it has been deanonymised

Be careful, its a worthless coin

And the classic

MONERO 100 DOllARS INCOMING. BUY!BUY!BUY!

"Is it true?"

Personally I am proud to have been selling to the scammers from 0188 to 0225, and front running their buys from 0179 down to 0171.  The only losers in that operation were, I hope, the p&d scammers.  Sadly they probably burned a few hard working folks in the process.  It is the sort of case that makes me ask "where is Batman?"

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:15:52 AM

Guys, how long do you think it will take until Verge will replace Monero? I think Verge has a good potential to become one of the TOP 5 cryptocurrencies.

The maximum number of coins will soon be hit, the price is low and it has all the wallets ready to serve you.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:28:03 AM

Guys, how long do you think it will take until Verge will replace Monero? I think Verge has a good potential to become one of the TOP 5 cryptocurrencies.

The maximum number of coins will soon be hit, the price is low and it has all the wallets ready to serve you.

congrats! you've just made my ignore list. Do feel special as it is reserved for people whose opinion I care for at the same level as I care for a bicycle falling over in Beijing....

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:36:43 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 12:35:37 PM by TrueCryptonaire

congrats! you've just made my ignore list. Do feel special as it is reserved for people whose opinion I care for at the same level as I care for a bicycle falling over in Beijing....

At least my bitcoins are growing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enldxJBsaes
DaveyJones

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:58:53 AM

Oh I totally agree that fluffygate is a red herring
Fluffy behavior was irresponsible.
No need to dismiss the truth with such terms as "concern trolling". It is a behavior well below the expectations one could reasonably form about the de facto communication leader of such a project.

Also, him proudly wearing UASF hats make me question is understanding of consensus mechanisms.

All in all, I think people of the Monero community should seriously consider make Fluffy less important in communication stuff. Fluffy loves to speak about Monero, good for him. Let's have other people do that also.

Other people can do that, and also did/do  ... no one says "dude go up and do it", it is on the community to do presentations/psa/ whatever else comes to your mind wiht communication, if they want to... its OPEN SOURCE, it is a project, a community.

also everyone has their own thoughts regarding the consensus mechanism.... in my eyes its only good if there is 1 user/miner = 1 vote, not if some central mining cartels can "call" what is consensus, here is where satoshi or the bad choice of PoW-algo fucked up BTC

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:07:22 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 03:26:52 PM by aminorex

Sadly for you, they are also unusable.  You might get lucky in the fork, however.

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

I guess some folks are just fond of herring.

_ insert fish-slapping dance _

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:35:55 PM

United Airlines: Nobody can do worse PR than us.
Fluffypony: Hold my beer Barolo.
 Grin
FTFY
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:44:15 PM

Sadly for you, they are also unusable.  You might get lucky in the fork, however.

The majority of my bitcoins are in Trezor.
Some are in bitcoin denominated loans on Poloniex and only a small fraction of them are invested into Verge... However I expect a significiant growth on the former as people will be more aware of the importance of anonymity.

Monero has made its ATH last year. While chances are it will make it also this year (only ATH that matters is the ATH in terms of bitcoins because Monero is riskier than btc, therefore it is reasonable to expect more ROI from it), the ATH will not probably be like 10 X... Verge is not even realized its full potential with 100 X ROI... It is riskier though but I guess I am a bit risk taker if the possible payoff is decent.
The advantage of Monero is that the downside is not that much either, I think there will be a strong support on 0.01 btc while the strong support of Verge currently is lower than -30-> -50 % these days.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:50:57 PM

I guess some folks are just fond of herring.

_ insert fish-slapping dance _

"You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest...!!!" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ32lEqCS0 

Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:08:08 PM

Sadly for you, they are also unusable.  You might get lucky in the fork, however.

The majority of my bitcoins are in Trezor.
Some are in bitcoin denominated loans on Poloniex and only a small fraction of them are invested into Verge... However I expect a significiant growth on the former as people will be more aware of the importance of anonymity.

Monero has made its ATH last year. While chances are it will make it also this year (only ATH that matters is the ATH in terms of bitcoins because Monero is riskier than btc, therefore it is reasonable to expect more ROI from it), the ATH will not probably be like 10 X... Verge is not even realized its full potential with 100 X ROI... It is riskier though but I guess I am a bit risk taker if the possible payoff is decent.
The advantage of Monero is that the downside is not that much either, I think there will be a strong support on 0.01 btc while the strong support of Verge currently is lower than -30-> -50 % these days.

Lol I know you're a troll, but when did you get to be a retarded troll? Verge? Really? I mean it's like a nice hobby project for the one man "dev" team, but it began life as Dogecoindark, emitted almost all of it's coins under that moniker, then rebranded as Verge and has done nothing with respect to transacting privately. Yes, it has some scripts to install tor or i2p and run the client over them (I think), but this can easily be accomplished with Bitcoin itself or any of its derivatives. They do have in internet radio channel though, so I guess it has that going for it at least, which is nice...
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:05:27 PM

It's time to get over Fluffygate, anybody still complaining about it is just FUDing and trolling at this point. Monero might have seen less growth this year but it's fundamentals are the top. I wouldn't sell any of my Monero for any other coin. If I'd wanted to invest in other coins, I would use Fiat. Monero is a long time investment and will always have a place at the top while others will come and go because Monero fills a real need and does it better than anybody else.
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 07:38:22 PM

Very Good news for Monero!

http://www.coindesk.com/eu-commits-e5-million-fund-blockchain-surveillance-research

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Pages: « 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: