Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

We got close to ZEC price again in last days, but did not get ahead. I dont believe Monero was ever more expensive then ZEC so far.  This was sort of destined to happen because of the emission. Doubt many here speculated it will not happen this long. Any ideas when Monero will get more expensive then ZEC?

ZEC was pumped from before launch with insider trading on tokens before chain launch and has been artificially held up since. It will die a slow death but it will die as any non trustless system will.

According to that Satis report that's floating around, ZEC will do pretty well.

But if that means $6,500 Monero in three years, I'm good with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:31:52 PM

The Monero Moon – A new curated weekly newsletter regarding all things Monero (Issue 2)

https://medium.com/@johnfoss/the-monero-moon-issue-2-c1e4e945ba14

Dammit, just dropped all my merit. I Owe you merit for this from last month as well.

Merit this guy guys.

We got close to ZEC price again in last days, but did not get ahead. I dont believe Monero was ever more expensive then ZEC so far.  This was sort of destined to happen because of the emission. Doubt many here speculated it will not happen this long. Any ideas when Monero will get more expensive then ZEC?

ZEC was pumped from before launch with insider trading on tokens before chain launch and has been artificially held up since. It will die a slow death but it will die as any non trustless system will.

But if that means $6,500 Monero in three years, I'm good with it.

Yeah, I really don't know what to make of that chart. I'm sure it has ulterior motives other than just forecasting.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:33:22 PM

The full report is available here: https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1Q1hEhBkiRCu_ruMdMsbc0A

The largest upside we see in the entire cryptoasset market is in the Privacy sector. Although Privacy networks are newer entrants, we believe the network effects seen from the likes of BTC earlier on will be repeated within dominant coins here. Not only do these coins target the same large and lower velocity store of value market as BTC and Currencies, they present a much deeper value proposition within those markets. As we stated above, the largest drivers of adoption within these networks will be continued pressure from capital controls, currency devaluation, and broader global turmoil. The use cases within the Privacy markets are incredibly sticky and feed on adoption, especially when regulators and law enforcement are making efforts to increase forensic penetration into public networks like BTC. Privacy networks do lack liquidity when compared to more commonly used Currencies, but they excel in and push the extremes of each use case within Currency networks. Recently, we have already seen early signs of adoption by some of these cryptoassets; ransoms being posted to large corporations where even BTC could be tracked and was not the preferred method, money laundering, and asset shielding. Looking into the space, we believe the use cases that target the largest end-markets will primarily use XMR (~60%) and ZEC (~20%). Despite developers and executives associated with these projects declining to comment upon illegal use (to avoid legal ramifications), the largest opportunity within the Privacy networks will be unlawful activities. Considering the nature of the use cases, the Privacy market user base will most likely rely on networks that have more active codebase development, more resistance to centralized control (possibly through mining), a growing ecosystem, and growing user base. Not only is XMR far more active in codebase development (prior report, pg. 20) and resistant to centralized mining efforts, it is fungible. While ZEC has an easier time being traded in regulated markets (since it has privacy features by request, not by default), we believe this will be a setback to adoption by darker markets, which prefer networks that are fungible (where more addresses use privacy than those which do not, making it more difficult to track down/blacklist tainted addresses). Only ~5% of the ZEC network uses “shielded” (or private) addresses currently, with the rest of the addresses being used for transactions functionally and technically no different than BTC.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

After all, this recent bloodbath the price of Monero has resisted well. I remember that for some time it was similar to the LTC. Now it's double. Not that this comparison is worth anything, but it is a simple way to compare.

There was a great fall with the hunt the anonymous coins by the authorities of Asian countries. But in those two weeks besides resisting the falls still rises above average.

Monero is undoubtedly the only anonymous project. Still has several difficulties. But my theory is that some people are selling BTCs from their exchanges in an attempt to escape from KYC and to leave no trace they choose Monero.

This shows that eventually, monero will outperform other projects as the standard currency of those seeking freedom and privacy.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

The full report is available here: https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1Q1hEhBkiRCu_ruMdMsbc0A

The largest upside we see in the entire cryptoasset market is in the Privacy sector. Although Privacy networks are newer entrants, we believe the network effects seen from the likes of BTC earlier on will be repeated within dominant coins here. Not only do these coins target the same large and lower velocity store of value market as BTC and Currencies, they present a much deeper value proposition within those markets. As we stated above, the largest drivers of adoption within these networks will be continued pressure from capital controls, currency devaluation, and broader global turmoil. The use cases within the Privacy markets are incredibly sticky and feed on adoption, especially when regulators and law enforcement are making efforts to increase forensic penetration into public networks like BTC. Privacy networks do lack liquidity when compared to more commonly used Currencies, but they excel in and push the extremes of each use case within Currency networks. Recently, we have already seen early signs of adoption by some of these cryptoassets; ransoms being posted to large corporations where even BTC could be tracked and was not the preferred method, money laundering, and asset shielding. Looking into the space, we believe the use cases that target the largest end-markets will primarily use XMR (~60%) and ZEC (~20%). Despite developers and executives associated with these projects declining to comment upon illegal use (to avoid legal ramifications), the largest opportunity within the Privacy networks will be unlawful activities. Considering the nature of the use cases, the Privacy market user base will most likely rely on networks that have more active codebase development, more resistance to centralized control (possibly through mining), a growing ecosystem, and growing user base. Not only is XMR far more active in codebase development (prior report, pg. 20) and resistant to centralized mining efforts, it is fungible. While ZEC has an easier time being traded in regulated markets (since it has privacy features by request, not by default), we believe this will be a setback to adoption by darker markets, which prefer networks that are fungible (where more addresses use privacy than those which do not, making it more difficult to track down/blacklist tainted addresses). Only ~5% of the ZEC network uses “shielded” (or private) addresses currently, with the rest of the addresses being used for transactions functionally and technically no different than BTC.

I remember reading that when it was first released (did you post it back then?). But was unsure then whether to put any credence into it or not. I find it hard to believe Dash will be in the green or even exist at that time. But then again I can't believe alot of shitcoin scams are still around. People never cease to amaze me. Smiley

After all, this recent bloodbath the price of Monero has resisted well. I remember that for some time it was similar to the LTC. Now it's double. Not that this comparison is worth anything, but it is a simple way to compare.

There was a great fall with the hunt the anonymous coins by the authorities of Asian countries. But in those two weeks besides resisting the falls still rises above average.

Monero is undoubtedly the only anonymous project. Still has several difficulties. But my theory is that some people are selling BTCs from their exchanges in an attempt to escape from KYC and to leave no trace they choose Monero.

This shows that eventually, monero will outperform other projects as the standard currency of those seeking freedom and privacy.

Monero took a big hit really early and has pretty much found it's floor I think, but in this space who knows???

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:31:37 AM

From their report all crypto currencies that act as a currency will do well. In general I think their report is pessimistic. 

Litecoin got a great competitor in BCH. That for sure influenced LTC price.
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:40:47 AM

That is the real takeaway from everything I ever see about Monero, same as Bitcoin, the resistance to negativity. I agree we should not be looking at comparisons as they cannot predict the future outcome but we can learn about how strong Monero is in the face of bad developments and how quietly it always moves as it grows ever in adoption and use.

Absolutely people will choose Monero when they want a privacy coin. They can always go for ZEC, Dash, whatever,,, but in the end, you cannot beat XMR's acceptance.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
spirali

Activity: 65
Merit: 61

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:42:09 AM

If you like Monero, please consider donating something to Surae to support development: https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/90730/continued-funding-for-surae-for-another-quarter-september-october-november-2018

Side note for speculators: he's using a 71.88 USD/XMR baseline to be on the safe side during September, October and November

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:40:59 PM

If you like Monero, please consider donating something to Surae to support development: https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/90730/continued-funding-for-surae-for-another-quarter-september-october-november-2018

Side note for speculators: he's using a 71.88 USD/XMR baseline to be on the safe side during September, October and November

Is he still using this time to research Spectre?

I have serious reservations about that protocol but I forgot what they were. Doh

spirali

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:23:10 PM

I have serious reservations about that protocol but I forgot what they were. Doh

Looks like he's on multisig & lightning now.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
spirali

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:31:12 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Is there any good estimation of when, in 2019, the inflation rate of XMR will become inferior to the inflation rate of BTC?

I assume you are asking about the supply rate as it's impossible to foresee the inflation based on demand (or I should re-read Milton Friedman). In that case, here is the answer:

Note the supply rate will be similar from 2019 to 2027. You can read this very interesting reddit post to get more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/512kwh/useful_for_learning_about_monero_coin_emission/

1 BTC = 1 BTC
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:19:00 AM

Wow, when are we going to lift off again  Grin Cheesy

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:26:09 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 09:39:09 AM by Febo

Is there any good estimation of when, in 2019, the inflation rate of XMR will become inferior to the inflation rate of BTC?

You can look here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qXi7zUSIh7F6UuSuhOryyFbHEy_LJuym3I3neAga_2s/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=105927644072070760779

It says in about a year.

2019 inflation should be around 4%
2020 inflation should be around 2.4%

While Bitcoins is 3.76%  in 2019 and not much less in 2020.
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:32:54 AM

You can look here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qXi7zUSIh7F6UuSuhOryyFbHEy_LJuym3I3neAga_2s/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=105927644072070760779

It already was once before Bitcoin halving for a short time.

It says in about a year.
I was just looking at this spreadsheet. Smiley
According to it daily inflation crossover will happen on 10 August 2019. I don't know if this table is take into account every variable there is, anyway interesting data too look at. Smiley

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:34:27 PM

I think XMR's emission after all the coins have been mined will actually help in adoption, encourage a bit of spending and could have a wider distribution than BTC.

Pure deflation would encourage more hoarding, less spending and could even cause the economy to stagnate.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:11:55 PM

Looks like he's on multisig & lightning now.

Thanks. Smiley

I assume you are asking about the supply rate as it's impossible to foresee the inflation based on demand (or I should re-read Milton Friedman). In that case, here is the answer:

Note the supply rate will be similar from 2019 to 2027. You can read this very interesting reddit post to get more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/512kwh/useful_for_learning_about_monero_coin_emission/
Thank you for the answer but, does someone has calculated what month of 2019 the crossing is expected to happen?

As Sprirali told you, "it's impossible to foresee the inflation based on demand" but there is a spreadsheet that rptiella made that was pretty accurate if you search this thread you may find it. IIRC Generalize This (don't remember exact spelling) had a copy.

It says in about a year.

2019 inflation should be around 4%
2020 inflation should be around 2.4%

While Bitcoins is 3.76%  in 2019 and not much less in 2020.

Great link, takes forever to load. Smiley

According to that spreadsheet this looks like the day. BTC emits 1800 and XMR Emits 1,798.04.

2019-07-26   
Code:
day 3891	17,510,400.00	1,800.00	12.5000	0.01028%	83.38%	1,577.14	day 1926	17,137,453.02	1,798.04	2.4973	0.01049%	92.90%		2019-07-26			3.01%						

adjusted from 2019-08-10 which was tagged in the sheet.

Code:
day 3906	17,537,400.00	1,800.00	12.5000	0.010264%	83.51%	1,577.14	day 1941	17,164,165.86	1,761.35	2.4463	0.010262%	93.05%		2019-08-10	Daily Inflation crossover date		2.95%						

I think XMR's emission after all the coins have been mined will actually help in adoption, encourage a bit of spending and could have a wider distribution than BTC.

Pure deflation would encourage more hoarding, less spending and could even cause the economy to stagnate.

That was the idea and there was a large debate about it when the price first became depressed as rptiella led a group that wanted the emission curve changed to increase their holdings worth and to stop the addition of a tail emission.

Monero has always put utility above profit for investors and anyone holding should be proud of that.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:15:15 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5)

Many are afraid of tail emission from wrong reason. And even from perspective of that reason they are wrong since in the next 10 years Monero will have lower inflation then Bitcoin.
Bitcoins inflation will be higher then of Monero from the year 2020 to 2025. After 2025, when Monero and Bitcoin inflation will even again, will Bitcoin slowly start realizing why Monero choose tail emission. It is not because of any economic reason but technical. Solving a problem that Bitcoin still need to solve.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:22:03 PM
Merited by kurious (2), cAPSLOCK (1)

Many are afraid of tail emission from wrong reason. And even from perspective of that reason they are wrong since in the next 10 years Monero will have lower inflation then Bitcoin.
Bitcoins inflation will be higher then of Monero from the year 2020 to 2025. After 2025, when Monero and Bitcoin inflation will even again, will Bitcoin slowly start realizing why Monero choose tail emission. It is not because of any economic reason but technical. Solving a problem that Bitcoin still need to solve.

Wish I had Merit left I owe you guys. Smiley

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:49:16 PM

Wish I had Merit left I owe you guys. Smiley

I got you on that one.
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:17:54 PM

My predicition for Mid September seems to got busted, so let's wait until mid of november  Shocked Cool Grin Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: