Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:09:00 PM

Interesting Q&A with GetGems CEO http://cointelegraph.com/news/114422/citi-names-getgems-app-the-most-visionary-social-solution-in-mobile-challenge
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:23:46 PM

How long does it take to receive gemz on the iOS app? I bought some on shapeshift using receive gems function on the app. its been like 30 mins.. Huh

I think the speed of Gems for on chain transactions is like bitcoins speed and within the app they are instant.

yeah gems support is helping me out.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:45:46 AM

@ Daniel, do you think it's possible to add a feature like Shapeshift into GetGems where users can swap Gems to Bitcoin and Bitcoin to Gems? Maybe in cooperation with shapeshift themselves? I think this would be a powerful feature. You can swap Bitcoin to Gems for buying ads and Gems to Bitcoin for other needs.

I think this would be a useful feature would like to know aswell about the possibilities.

Surely just knowing the shape shift site exists for now? I mean a simple link to the shape shift page would in theory make everything user friendly. It would be good to include it in the app (though might clutter it) but that seems like a feature for further down the line once we get other things in place?

I don't understand coding, but does this show shape shift is open source? Their whole website seems to suggest they want others to integrate their system on your wallet/site etc.  

https://shapeshift.io/api.html#shift-conduit
https://shapeshift.io/affiliate.html

"The ShapeShift API gives developers a multitude of ways to integrate our instant altcoin exchange services into wallets, websites and much more. For those developers looking for an partner/commission opportunity, Shapeshift now offers our affiliate program. Below, you may sign-up for affiliate order-tracking keys so that ShapeShift can track volume associated with your API calls."

It seems possible, i think this feature combined into a mobile app like GetGems will be pretty handy. I'm not coder aswell but would be nice if the team looks into it. Also i noticed Erik voorhees is Shapeshifts CEO, he joined one of the GetGems groups a while ago in the app.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Shapeshift but such platform is an example of what i mean buy easy coin conversion instead of people doing the hassle of making accounts on exchanges on different websites. I think this idea would attract many people inside the Crypto place aswell since majority of them just wants Bitcoin as an exit which GetGems would provide in a easy way in a simple app, this would mean that these people would need to use GetGems more often and be pretty active to earn Gems through rewards which is in it's favour of GetGems and of course there are others that would swap Bitcoin to Gems to advertise and other useful stuff.

Agreed, adding this feature using Shapeshift is something we are looking into.

i think a lot of us prefer poloniex, maybe you can use both options, poloniex pays more per gem, there's a 1000 satoshis of difference, i think that in high quantities is a lot

Polinex is an exchange, very different from what Shapeshift aims to do, i.e. make user friendly conversion of coins. Don't forget while most of us have used exchanges it takes some skill to know how to buy and not be scammed etc. Gems is for people who might never bother to use an exchange. For advanced users no one is stopping them using Polinex and likely more exchanges in the future.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:55:38 AM

I would tread cautiously if I was getting the attention of big financial organisations. Its a tightrope act I'm guessing staying on the right side of regulation at the same time not annoying the crypto currency community that are suspicious of banks involvement. I wonder why banks are involved anyway, to copy ideas or to just try to control what they can't easily control?
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:58:07 AM

Still buggy as I seems to lose my handle, support?
I am the guy

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:01:56 AM

Indian billionaire worries about disruptive technology
http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/id/102677283

"I am excited, but very challenged. I keep wondering at night, will I have a bank the next morning, or will some technology company be doing banking without needing a bank? The future is mobile."

In the article Kotak Mahindra sounds like he's talking about GetGems.  Smiley

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:50:50 PM

I would tread cautiously if I was getting the attention of big financial organisations. Its a tightrope act I'm guessing staying on the right side of regulation at the same time not annoying the crypto currency community that are suspicious of banks involvement. I wonder why banks are involved anyway, to copy ideas or to just try to control what they can't easily control?

This kind of banks involvement looks pretty positive, they are open to technologies such a GetGems. Nonetheless i hope for GetGems to benefit from such cooperation aswell.
cryptoknight84

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:47:50 PM

Just read this:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114422/citi-names-getgems-app-the-most-visionary-social-solution-in-mobile-challenge

Congrats!

★☆★   CORONA.INFO   |   Dapp Development Network   |   Hybrid Proof of Participation (HPoP)    ★☆★
BenAnh

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:01:53 AM

Still waiting for support!
BenAnh

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:43:37 AM

Hi BenAnh, what do you mean by "lose"? I think User name consistency will be fixed in the next update. If that is what you are refering to.  
I forget my secret phrase Wink

P.S: I want to use the same handle on bitcointalk/LBC and GetGems!
BenAnh

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:46:25 AM

Hi BenAnh, what do you mean by "lose"? I think User name consistency will be fixed in the next update. If that is what you are refering to.  

Good thing about forgetting your pass phrase is that no-one will ever get to your account again.. so whatever assets you have in there will be very safe. I hope you wrote it down somewhere safe just in case you wanna use some yourself at some point.

I presume if it is not taken you can set your handle to anything you'd like when creating an account. I would wait a few days for the next update to be released, some improvements in regards to the account handle are being added.
I wrote it down in a piece of paper and I could not recall where I put it! YES, it's very safe now Wink
BenAnh

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:02:21 AM

Good thing about forgetting your pass phrase is that no-one will ever get to your account again.. so whatever assets you have in there will be very safe. I hope you wrote it down somewhere safe just in case you wanna use some yourself at some point.

I presume if it is not taken you can set your handle to anything you'd like when creating an account. I would wait a few days for the next update to be released, some improvements in regards to the account handle are being added.
I wrote it down in a piece of paper and I could not recall where I put it! YES, it's very safe now Wink

And if you are still logged in with the account you could of course always use the Settings > Pasphrase Recovery - option to refresh your memory
Hoping it's still on my iPhone as I recently changed to an Android!
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:07:50 PM

veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:04:52 PM

@ Daniel, do you think it's possible to add a feature like Shapeshift into GetGems where users can swap Gems to Bitcoin and Bitcoin to Gems? Maybe in cooperation with shapeshift themselves? I think this would be a powerful feature. You can swap Bitcoin to Gems for buying ads and Gems to Bitcoin for other needs.

I think this would be a useful feature would like to know aswell about the possibilities.

Surely just knowing the shape shift site exists for now? I mean a simple link to the shape shift page would in theory make everything user friendly. It would be good to include it in the app (though might clutter it) but that seems like a feature for further down the line once we get other things in place?

I don't understand coding, but does this show shape shift is open source? Their whole website seems to suggest they want others to integrate their system on your wallet/site etc.  

"The ShapeShift API gives developers a multitude of ways to integrate our instant altcoin exchange services into wallets, websites and much more. For those developers looking for an partner/commission opportunity, Shapeshift now offers our affiliate program. Below, you may sign-up for affiliate order-tracking keys so that ShapeShift can track volume associated with your API calls."

It seems possible, i think this feature combined into a mobile app like GetGems will be pretty handy. I'm not coder aswell but would be nice if the team looks into it. Also i noticed Erik voorhees is Shapeshifts CEO, he joined one of the GetGems groups a while ago in the app.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Shapeshift but such platform is an example of what i mean buy easy coin conversion instead of people doing the hassle of making accounts on exchanges on different websites. I think this idea would attract many people inside the Crypto place aswell since majority of them just wants Bitcoin as an exit which GetGems would provide in a easy way in a simple app, this would mean that these people would need to use GetGems more often and be pretty active to earn Gems through rewards which is in it's favour of GetGems and of course there are others that would swap Bitcoin to Gems to advertise and other useful stuff.

I recently downloaded the app. I logged on to make this exact suggestion regarding shapeshift. Also, there will be a lot of btc sent to gemz addys and gemz sent to btc addys...what can be done to prevent this or recover the coins?

It would be nice to be able to check your transactions....maybe drag up from bottom of wallet screen.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:06:30 PM

I recently downloaded the app. I logged on to make this exact suggestion regarding shapeshift. Also, there will be a lot of btc sent to gemz addys and gemz sent to btc addys...what can be done to prevent this or recover the coins?

It would be nice to be able to check your transactions....maybe drag up from bottom of wallet screen.

Not sure what you mean by this? Regarding checking transactions i know from the new screenshots that it is in the works.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:49:39 PM

Not sure what you mean by this? Regarding checking transactions i know from the new screenshots that it is in the works.

- Shapeshift integration and transactions history is in the works.
- We are working on a new wallet design and would love the community feedback.

|Wallet Designs|

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:27:48 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 07:37:44 PM by Netnox

The wallet above will contain cards, one for GEMS and one for BTC as you see in example numbers 2/3/4/5. You can see a "summary" in the wallet screen, when you select a card a new screen will open with more detailed info which will look like the first picture.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:08:35 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 05:18:46 PM by nextgencoin

I actually liked the last iteration of the wallet, clean and simple to understand. I'm not sure anyone would of struggled to see there was a BTC wallet as well if they swipe but hey whatever.

My big negative of the above wallets apart from looking overly complicated for the sake of it compared to like I said the last one is the Facebook blue used. Maybe its cause I hate FB but I think using FB blue for an app unless its just an option of many is a bad idea. I personally would choose the last one, (bottom right). The one to the left of it (bottom left) I like the least, way too many colors on it unless your going for a Gay Pride Rainbow thing.  Cheesy
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

I actually liked the last iteration of the wallet, clean and simple to understand. I'm not sure anyone would of struggled to see there was a BTC wallet as well if they swipe but hey whatever.

My big negative of the above wallets apart from looking overly complicated for the sake of it compared to like I said the last one is the Facebook blue used. Maybe its cause I hate FB but I think using FB blue for an app unless its just an option of many is a bad idea.

I do agree that the current wallet is simple and easy to understand. With a few tweaks it would very easy to figure out for a new user. The "receive coins addy" should be accessible from the chat screen.

Suggestions:

Transactions should be hidden unless called for by the user..much cleaner that way.

*Maybe an in app feature box tutorial is in order to lead the new user through the features.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:20:45 PM

My big negative of the above wallets apart from looking overly complicated for the sake of it compared to like I said the last one is the Facebook blue used. Maybe its cause I hate FB but I think using FB blue for an app unless its just an option of many is a bad idea.

I do agree that the current wallet is simple and easy to understand. With a few tweaks it would very easy to figure out for a new user. The "receive coins addy" should be accessible from the chat screen.

Suggestions:

Transactions should be hidden unless called for by the user..much cleaner that way.

*Maybe an in app feature box tutorial is in order to lead the new user through the features.

As I'm not alone in my negativity I'll be a bit more blunt. The above wallets look kind of dated in style. They kind of look like the banners on some 90's website or something. Sorry.  Cool

To be honest I'm more worried about getting the airdrop started that the apps design. App design is bound to change over time anyway, most important is that it works at the moment.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: