Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:50:11 PM

I ve read a comment on polo trolbox  "Jabbawa: gemz in a sorry state, wonder if they'll ever recover?"

Could you explain what happened ?whats the bad news?

I think I will buy some more if the price goes sub 2000 sats. With Bitcoin rising at the moment it seems like a realistic short term target. NXTTY is another coin I own and has more downloads and a fraction of the price so the value probably has been overpriced for a while.
kj15

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:59:52 PM

Daniel and the team really need to address what has happened to the original vision for Airdrop that rewarded early bird buyers? Paykey is one thing but not delivering promised features people invested in isn't acceptable.

Bct isnt the only place where Daniel communicates, lot of users are active in the app groups. He already answered you early buyers question there which is on the roadmap: "A3: add the early perk (connecting initial buyers email to their gems account).

Come on. Daniel should communicate things like this on official GG webpage. Be professional DannyBoy.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 09:23:46 PM

Can someone fill me in on this whole paykey shit storm?

What is it and why are people saying gemz is dead & dev sold out?

I actually put in the hours trying to catch up (sigh...) As best as I can tl;dr:

Paykey is a smartphone key app that will allow money transfer on many popular social-networking apps. Daniel & the GetGemz team are planning to sell "white-label" versions of PayKey to banks, which the banks can rebrand under their own name and tie into their own (fiat) accounts. The reason why there've been the cries of "sellout" is that some folks thought that Daniel et. al. would stick to making their fintech for cryptocurrency exclusively. Best I can determine, GetGems came up with PayKey because the venture-capital company that invested $400,000 into Daniel's company (Magma) prefers a more "salable" solution so as to bump up the chances of selling their piece of Daniel's company at a big profit down the road. In other words, the Magma folks are acting like typical ventcaps.

The people who've been yelling about it seem to be afflicted with "longshot-itis," caused by them buying a huge chunk of GEMZ and fantasizing about getting rich off them. It's sad in a way, but some people do go through that stage; I went through something like it earlier and learned yet another hard-way lesson. Undecided

As for their accusations, none of us have access to the books so none of us know what was being spent on what. As Daniel pointed out, those accusations are actually irrelevant to the contract terms for the GEMZ ICO. To the extent that he and the rest of his company engages in "mission creep," it'll delay the payout of the ICO funds to his company.

Anyhoo...the disappointment & rancour has driven the price of GEMZ down to about half its 5000-satoshi floor.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:03:52 PM

Daniel and the team really need to address what has happened to the original vision for Airdrop that rewarded early bird buyers? Paykey is one thing but not delivering promised features people invested in isn't acceptable.

Bct isnt the only place where Daniel communicates, lot of users are active in the app groups. He already answered you early buyers question there which is on the roadmap: "A3: add the early perk (connecting initial buyers email to their gems account).

Come on. Daniel should communicate things like this on official GG webpage.Be professional DannyBoy.

I havent seen a ceo so communicative like daniel, in the real world u can be happy if a ceo even reaches out to your question for one time, u are too spoiled with shitcoins where its dev cant even reach 1 person outside crypto and is only active in his own thread.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

Gemz market is pretty thin and doesn't take much to push it up or down, a couple btc can make it go up where it was. The fact that getgems adoption rate right now is faster than any other altcoin says enough.
omgnaro

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:20:40 AM

Can someone fill me in on this whole paykey shit storm?

What is it and why are people saying gemz is dead & dev sold out?

I actually put in the hours trying to catch up (sigh...) As best as I can tl;dr:

Paykey is a smartphone key app that will allow money transfer on many popular social-networking apps. Daniel & the GetGemz team are planning to sell "white-label" versions of PayKey to banks, which the banks can rebrand under their own name and tie into their own (fiat) accounts. The reason why there've been the cries of "sellout" is that some folks thought that Daniel et. al. would stick to making their fintech for cryptocurrency exclusively. Best I can determine, GetGems came up with PayKey because the venture-capital company that invested $400,000 into Daniel's company (Magma) prefers a more "salable" solution so as to bump up the chances of selling their piece of Daniel's company at a big profit down the road. In other words, the Magma folks are acting like typical ventcaps.

The people who've been yelling about it seem to be afflicted with "longshot-itis," caused by them buying a huge chunk of GEMZ and fantasizing about getting rich off them. It's sad in a way, but some people do go through that stage; I went through something like it earlier and learned yet another hard-way lesson. Undecided

As for their accusations, none of us have access to the books so none of us know what was being spent on what. As Daniel pointed out, those accusations are actually irrelevant to the contract terms for the GEMZ ICO. To the extent that he and the rest of his company engages in "mission creep," it'll delay the payout of the ICO funds to his company.

Anyhoo...the disappointment & rancour has driven the price of GEMZ down to about half its 5000-satoshi floor.

Interesting idea on the Magnum folks, probably whats going on.
People are quick to forget paykey also works for gems, so gems do gain value from paykey.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:51:01 AM

Gemz is the fastest growing userbase, that's what matters.

Downloads are often the fastest shortly after launch. The real test will be how long this pace can continue.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:39:00 AM

The reason why there've been the cries of "sellout" is that some folks thought that Daniel et. al. would stick to making their fintech for cryptocurrency exclusively.

You have missed the primary point of contention. (I don't blame you, it's quite confusing):

Daniel sold gemz on the promise to build a product that would give those tokens value (the attention economy). A year later, and that product has not arrived, in any form.

Instead, there was a surprise announcement that a different product (paykey) was developed, in stealth, during the year.

Paykey doesn't give gemz value. Its development is an abrupt departure from the Getgems project as pitched to coin holders up until a month ago.

Nobody, a year ago, would of bought gemz to fund paykey, and nobody is doing that today.

That is why gemz has dropped in value.

Paykey's vocal supporters are coin holders. It is largely the people who have sold, or never owned any coins, that are openly critical of paykey and the company's new direction.

Hope that fills in the holes for you.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:01:06 AM

The reason why there've been the cries of "sellout" is that some folks thought that Daniel et. al. would stick to making their fintech for cryptocurrency exclusively.

You have missed the primary point of contention. (I don't blame you, it's quite confusing):

Daniel sold gemz on the promise to build a product that would give those tokens value (the attention economy). A year later, and that product has not arrived, in any form.

Instead, there was a surprise announcement that a different product (paykey) was developed, in stealth, during the year.

Paykey doesn't give gemz value. Its development is an abrupt departure from the Getgems project as pitched to coin holders up until a month ago.

Nobody, a year ago, would of bought gemz to fund paykey, and nobody is doing that today.

That is why gemz has dropped in value.

Paykey's vocal supporters are coin holders. It is largely the people who have sold, or never owned any coins, that are openly critical of paykey and the company's new direction.

Hope that fills in the holes for you.

Well put. + the fact that Magma VC who invested 400k at the same time as us will benefit from paykey (for banks) while we wont. Also it was never disclosed if Magma were informed of the paykey plan in order for them to invest.
lawsonvl

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:58:23 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 12:15:34 PM by lawsonvl

Well put. + the fact that Magma VC who invested 400k at the same time as us will benefit from paykey (for banks) while we wont. Also it was never disclosed if Magma were informed of the paykey plan in order for them to invest.

Magma's investment was announced well after many, including myself, had handed over our bitcoins for gemz. Daniel should have either told us about the VC deal before the pre-sale, or declined the offer if it was made after the pre-sale had started.

Daniel has not told us when Paykey's development started. I think this is a very fair and important question to answer.

There’s no reason why he couldn’t have told us about Paykey much earlier without revealing patent sensitive information. (He did exactly that in his Oct 8th interview.)

Imagine this more honest pre-sale pitch from 2014:

GG will start work on an app for banks to transfer fiat. This will provide the company with a direct revenue stream, but until then, we are well-funded by VCs. Also, we’re selling a token for a separate project we’ll do at a later, unspecified date.

I wonder how many gemz they would have sold.
reRaise

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:33:03 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 12:48:42 PM by reRaise

@lawsonvl You're now repeating yourself over and over and spamming your speculations, its already been answered.

Magma's investment was announced well after many, including myself, had handed over our bitcoins for gemz. Daniel should have either told us about the VC deal before the pre-sale, or declined the offer if it was made after the pre-sale had started.

Seriously it has been answered already, "MagmaVC reached out to us on December 30th, 2014 and the seed round was closed on January 4th, 2015. Information was public January 5th" Also a company backed by vc has benefits for shareholders too, google and get knowledge.

Daniel has not told us when Paykey's development started. I think this is a very fair and important question to answer.

There’s no reason why he couldn’t have told us about Paykey much earlier without revealing patent sensitive information.

Again already answered, "It was not possible to speak about PayKey publicly until we filed the USPTO patent on the technology (in the EU public information can't be patentable, in the US there is 1-year grace period)."

AE needs a bigger userbase and the reasons for this have been explained tons of times.

"we're very much dedicated to the success of the GetGems app and AE"

Paykey will be a great asset for the token when userbase increases and ae.
kj15

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:50:58 PM

Come on. Daniel should communicate things like this on official GG webpage.Be professional DannyBoy.

I havent seen a ceo so communicative like daniel, in the real world u can be happy if a ceo even reaches out to your question for one time, u are too spoiled with shitcoins where its dev cant even reach 1 person outside crypto and is only active in his own thread.

Please. Daniel is NOT a CEO of Fortune 500 company. He is a "CEO" of a company that employs max. 4 people (the positions are clearly funded with the crowdsale money). He can call himself CEO, but he is nothing but a handyman. There is very  good comment about you below. Indeed, take your fcking head away from the GG ass to get some fresh air and to see how they really treat people.

reRaise

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:59:46 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 01:40:44 PM by reRaise

Please. Daniel is NOT a CEO of Fortune 500 company. He is a "CEO" of a company that employs max. 4 people (the positions are clearly funded with the crowdsale money). He can call himself CEO, but he is nothing but a handyman. There is very  good comment about you below. Indeed, take your fcking head away from the GG ass to get some fresh air and to see how they really treat people.

I can comment whenever i want, go tell your buddies spamming the same shit over and over, its not like he is sitting behind his pc 24/7 having the time to your bullshit fud comments. Just because couple of you decided to push your silly agenda i suddenly have to join your parade, thats not how it works.
lawsonvl

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:58:35 PM

"we're very much dedicated to the success of the GetGems app and AE"

Paykey will be a great asset for the token when userbase increases and ae.

This is the sad state of some coin holders.

They cannot be critical of the company in any regard, as they fear it will further drop the value of their coins. Additionally, they must constantly do damage control on the company’s behalf.

Instead of pushing for the sustainable value of their tokens, which can only happen by making them useful, they’re focused on protecting the company’s image so that they can attract new investors.

If Paykey is great for gemz, why haven’t they been buying more coins at these “cheap” prices?

If Paykey is great for gemz, where are all the new investors since its announcement?

The market will respond to the company’s new vision and roadmap regardless of the conversations in this thread.

No need for cheerleading.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:04:36 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 06:38:08 PM by BitcoiNaked

I haven't held coins for almost the entire year I've been beta testing GG (on both platforms) and getting referrals.

You wanna know why?

Because not all of us are in this for the money.

thats the biggest horseshit i ve read here..from your posts seems only thing you care is about money..investigating like a detective like there was a crime scene

taking advantage of the good features and good efforts of the team collecting the gemz from airdrops and rewards and talking shit on them constantly..no way someone thats not in it for the money would be against paykey or would even care what business decision the company makes. snake in the grass thats what u are.

lawsonvl talks shit - new users join gg

lawsonvl talks more shit - more users join gg

in the past weeks u have been talking shit - thousands of new users have joined gg haha

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 02:05:30 PM

All righty...I didn't take notes; I just read. And besides, I wanted to bat out a tl;dr rather than stir the pot up again. With regard to that latter goal, I seemed to have failed. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 08:16:21 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 08:29:25 PM by peled1986

tl;dr: during the last year we made 19 blog development updates (New Blog / Old Blog), 14 iOS updates, 35 Android updates, AirDrop + Anti-fraud mechanism, web-client, Julia (coinbase app), Gems Keyboard (Android) and iOS version soon to follow. The organic adoption of GetGems is growing at approximately 27% per month and we anticipate that will increase substantially with the AirDrop incentive.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 08:44:27 PM

tl;dr: during the last year we made 19 blog development updates (New Blog / Old Blog), 14 iOS updates, 35 Android updates, AirDrop + Anti-fraud mechanism, web-client, Julia (coinbase app), Gems Keyboard (Android) and iOS version soon to follow. The organic adoption of GetGems is growing at approximately 27% per month and we anticipate that will increase substantially with the AirDrop incentive.

Thanks for the update. Everyone else who might consider this to be not sufficient should sell and move on imo. I dont get why people are trolling all year long.. get a real life.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:31:13 PM

Thanks for the update. Everyone else who might consider this to be not sufficient should sell and move on imo. I dont get why people are trolling all year long.. get a real life.

I would officially like to second both statements that you just made (the thank you to Daniel and the wft to the trolls I mean)
SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:53:32 AM

I got in on the initial crowd funding of Getgems, it was only a dream then. Despite all the accomplishments to date, you can buy GEMZ for nearly half that price today. I expect the accomplishments and innovation to continue and consider it a buy here. Getgems has a proven team and leader. I'm looking forward to a bright Getgems future.  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: