Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game  (Read 495450 times)
Ridley69

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:24:11 PM

site is down Sad
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pycckoe

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:55:16 PM

site is under attack ?
Ridley69

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:51:29 PM

I have a big amount of BTC to withdraw but the hot wallet is always empty  Undecided
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:59:37 PM

As a 2nd factor, SMS would be sufficient in my opinion. There are plenty of cheap services for that.
or they could implement a standard hardware token like U2F
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_2nd_Factor

We asked the admin before a few times about 2fa, and their reply was as usual "we are working on it" and this was sometime in the Summer.

Lately with the issues the site is having, 2fa doesn't seem top priority at the moment.
Lol, they are.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
poo5

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:06:31 PM

Satoshidice- please refill the hot wallet
Egjoshslim

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:08:48 AM

http://s23.postimg.org/ypkjx1ka3/robbingcunts.png

AVOID.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:21:02 AM

So looks like its the same old story again. The hot wallet is empty again and people can't get their withdraws AND the site is down again as usual.

Anybody know how many actual devs are still working on this site? Something leads me to believe the entire site is run by one or two individuals.

They really need to hire programmers and support staff ASAP.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:21:17 AM

AVOID.

Just because you losing, doesn't mean that it is not provably fair and ask people to avoid this site though. AFAIK this site already struggle for long time period here and they dont even try to scam over your little bit money there. You should check everything up before you start to play on particular site, more over this site. This is one of reputable site that still exist till this day
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:36:59 AM

AVOID.

Just because you losing, doesn't mean that it is not provably fair and ask people to avoid this site though. AFAIK this site already struggle for long time period here and they dont even try to scam over your little bit money there. You should check everything up before you start to play on particular site, more over this site. This is one of reputable site that still exist till this day

But for the problems occuring in their site i can say also that we should avoid this site for now since devs doesn't fix yet the problems who's still existing at their own site, and also i believe that they are reputable one but look at their current situation right now do you believe that it is worthy to play here right now? Well i think no, and its advisable to watch first to this thread and wait for the devs update so people would not be compromised if their hot wallets will be emptied.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:18:02 AM

AVOID.

But for the problems occuring in their site i can say also that we should avoid this site for now since devs doesn't fix yet the problems who's still existing at their own site, and also i believe that they are reputable one but look at their current situation right now do you believe that it is worthy to play here right now? Well i think no, and its advisable to watch first to this thread and wait for the devs update so people would not be compromised if their hot wallets will be emptied.

Yeah about hot wallet, OP keep on emptying is because of they take some precaution though. Because last time they have been hacked with huge amount though. I think they slowly recover, so I think you should give him some time to refill it though. Sometimes or may be I can say most of the time OP dont reading this thread so it is hard for us to refill his hot wallet here
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:43:29 AM

AVOID.

Yeah about hot wallet, OP keep on emptying is because of they take some precaution though. Because last time they have been hacked with huge amount though. I think they slowly recover, so I think you should give him some time to refill it though. Sometimes or may be I can say most of the time OP dont reading this thread so it is hard for us to refill his hot wallet here

Yes we understand that. Thats basically the whole point of cold storage security.

However the hot wallet is rarely refilled and most of the time its empty each time.

LIke I said before, this site really needs to hire additional personnel because the admin isn't a scammer but he obviously is very busy in his life to fix these simple issues.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jake_a99

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:00:52 AM

LIke I said before, this site really needs to hire additional personnel because the admin isn't a scammer but he obviously is very busy in his life to fix these simple issues.

As a headsup, the admin is still "looking into" the case of my account having ~78 btc balance taken from it. The info I have suggests it all happened on their end. Have had extremely minimal communication on the matter, so just want people to be aware that the way this shakes out will be very relevant to ascertaining the integrity of the site.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:53:31 AM

As a headsup, the admin is still "looking into" the case of my account having ~78 btc balance taken from it. The info I have suggests it all happened on their end. Have had extremely minimal communication on the matter, so just want people to be aware that the way this shakes out will be very relevant to ascertaining the integrity of the site.

Sounds pretty scary, thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you manage to get your BTC recovered - that's a huge amount to lose.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:54:54 AM

Why would you deposit such a huge amount into this site then with all the ongoing issues?

Or did you deposit like 1 BTC and win 77 BTC to get that balance?

Even with a balance of half a coin or coin, most bitcoin gamblers always withdraw at the end of the day and put it in some sort of cold storage to prevent these issues.

But good luck to you, hope you get it back.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:11:54 AM

Why would you deposit such a huge amount into this site then with all the ongoing issues?

Or did you deposit like 1 BTC and win 77 BTC to get that balance?

Even with a balance of half a coin or coin, most bitcoin gamblers always withdraw at the end of the day and put it in some sort of cold storage to prevent these issues.

But good luck to you, hope you get it back.

May be you should see past of his posting, because he was not earning there but he make deposit to make an investment there but he claimed suddenly his balance is gone and OP is trying to fix his issue

Just e-mailed the same to support, but I just logged in after ~3 weeks and my account is missing ~77.4 bitcoins that were invested in the site bankroll. My password also did not work. I reset password, which did work immediately, and upon logging back in the account created date was accurate but the user name was changed and the "last active" shows "0000-00-00 00:00:00" 

Please tell me I didn't get hacked/robbed for this sum of money...
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:27:03 PM

I'm really sorry to hear stories like these still happening, keep us informed...

Being a developer myself, I could say that the '0000-00-00 00:00:00' on last activity column is something an hacker who would only go through a brute force attack on your password couldn't be able to change using only the frontend interface, apart taking advantage of a vulnerability that only he knows.

So the hypotesis could be:

[1] a faulty user(s) update/migration on the database at some point during the site lifetime by the admin(s) or

[2] a scarier one, that someone being able to access the database did what he wanted and than in order to cover his tracks resetted the timestamp column, but not in all cases the column would have been updated with the last activity in first place, depending on the action/query the malicious person did, eg: a timestamp column get updated automatically in some cases.

[3] a server crash that may have broken your record in the account table, this is quite rare but still may happen, in this case only a previous database backup could prove it.

[4] others that I ignore...

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
Randian Hero

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:26:53 PM

I have a big amount of BTC to withdraw but the hot wallet is always empty  Undecided

There's funds in the hotwallet now!
game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:25:50 PM

Just e-mailed the same to support, but I just logged in after ~3 weeks and my account is missing ~77.4 bitcoins that were invested in the site bankroll. My password also did not work. I reset password, which did work immediately, and upon logging back in the account created date was accurate but the user name was changed and the "last active" shows "0000-00-00 00:00:00"  

Please tell me I didn't get hacked/robbed for this sum of money...
If you make an investment, you should send your investment directly to a Bitcoin address of the company and not to your player account, waiting to forward your Bitcoins or however this work with satoshidice.

As soon as you sent your investment to satoshidice, they are responsible if your investment suddenly escape.  Wink
Randian Hero

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:26:38 PM

I'm really sorry to hear stories like these still happening, keep us informed...

Being a developer myself, I could say that the '0000-00-00 00:00:00' on last activity column is something an hacker who would only go through a brute force attack on your password couldn't be able to change using only the frontend interface, apart taking advantage of a vulnerability that only he knows.

So the hypotesis could be:

[1] a faulty user(s) update/migration on the database at some point during the site lifetime by the admin(s) or

[2] a scarier one, that someone being able to access the database did what he wanted and than in order to cover his tracks resetted the timestamp column, but not in all cases the column would have been updated with the last activity in first place, depending on the action/query the malicious person did, eg: a timestamp column get updated automatically in some cases.

[3] a server crash that may have broken your record in the account table, this is quite rare but still may happen, in this case only a previous database backup could prove it.

[4] others that I ignore...

This actually is the last bet timestamp, so pure investors will have it forever say 0000-00-00 00:00:00. I have corrected the profile pages to say "No bets placed" instead.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:28:40 PM

There's funds in the hotwallet now!

Dont u have any auto-check enabled to auto-inform u about re-filling the hot wallet?

Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: