Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game  (Read 495450 times)
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:15:07 PM

it is noticeably !!!

Bets are very fast for me. Far under 1 second. Sometime betting pauses for a moment when someone withdraws. I assume SatoshiDice locks the database for writing during communication with the Bitcoin daemon to avoid race conditions. Better safe than sorry.

I think its your CPU that causes that. Or some program loading in the meantime.

I tryed runing various machines, same result ... so ...
It was a glitch on api win response , now is fixed, working ok !

standard troubleshooting, and then it is all about the occasions when you win, it can not be so many other things that were wrong than API

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tabatadze

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:23:37 PM

yes but it've worked well for some, think it sounds weird.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:01:48 PM

I'm not sure if the dev is aware of LIR - its planned to release in December and gathering big momentum/hype in the community. There might be a risk to lose a lot of customers if SD stays unstable and the project delivers what they are promising (and doesn't turn out to be a scam). Prolonged stability followed by a sig campaign would help cement SD reduce any risk. Stability has been a bit better the last few days, so lets hope they can keep it up =)

LIR is a good idea. Rubies is similar to LIR but i feel that it is too limited and most of the rubies are being under control of betterbets. There is why when i heard of rubies being added to moneypot, i am not too excited. However, for LIR, i think so far it is having a good start. I think once the site start to open to the public, we can even a strong growth in LIR and this can be a good alt coin to be use as gambling currency.
Bitcoin.Expert

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:39:08 AM

I'm not sure if the dev is aware of LIR - its planned to release in December and gathering big momentum/hype in the community. There might be a risk to lose a lot of customers if SD stays unstable and the project delivers what they are promising (and doesn't turn out to be a scam). Prolonged stability followed by a sig campaign would help cement SD reduce any risk. Stability has been a bit better the last few days, so lets hope they can keep it up =)

LIR is a good idea. Rubies is similar to LIR but i feel that it is too limited and most of the rubies are being under control of betterbets. There is why when i heard of rubies being added to moneypot, i am not too excited. However, for LIR, i think so far it is having a good start. I think once the site start to open to the public, we can even a strong growth in LIR and this can be a good alt coin to be use as gambling currency.

Yeah don't like the Betterbets control and the restrictions.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:57:31 AM

Will be interesting to see what happens. I've invested into LIR but didn't touch Rubies. I still see LIR as a bigger risk than SD, but also better rewards if it pays off. So keeping invested into both platforms, there is certainly space for both to do well.
Bitcoin Foundation

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 05:36:03 PM

Will be interesting to see what happens. I've invested into LIR but didn't touch Rubies. I still see LIR as a bigger risk than SD, but also better rewards if it pays off. So keeping invested into both platforms, there is certainly space for both to do well.

a good opportunity to spread the risk on investment. Would never withdraw what I have invested in SD. looking at LIR more as a supplement.
nygaar

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:25:08 PM

a good opportunity to spread the risk on investment. Would never withdraw what I have invested in SD. looking at LIR more as a supplement.

if you have not already invested in SD do you think one should do it or invest in LIR instead?
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:29:01 AM

if you have not already invested in SD do you think one should do it or invest in LIR instead?

it depends what you want from your investment. If you want a secure steady income go for SD, if you want a higher income but are happy to risk the price falling then go for LIR. I have invested in both to diversify. So far I got around 10% from SD over a number of months and I'm down by 20% on LIR, but I expect LIR to increase soon and get 50% back, but that is not guaranteed.

If you have a lot of money and can't afford to lose it than SD is the safer bet (but there is still some element if risk there too as this is crypto)
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:41:41 AM

I think SatoshiDice will stick to just Bitcoin. That is what I'd do.
cryptohustla

Activity: 126

Look at the brighter Side

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 09:32:01 AM

it depends what you want from your investment. If you want a secure steady income go for SD, if you want a higher income but are happy to risk the price falling then go for LIR. I have invested in both to diversify. So far I got around 10% from SD over a number of months and I'm down by 20% on LIR, but I expect LIR to increase soon and get 50% back, but that is not guaranteed.

If you have a lot of money and can't afford to lose it than SD is the safer bet (but there is still some element if risk there too as this is crypto)

how much do you actually earn on SD if you invest like i have 1btc right now and want to invest in it but not sure how it works Cheesy can you pls guide me? daily profit if possible

Getline.in - "Bitcoin Loans. From one person to another"
Getline.in Community Manager - My service is for the Filipino people.
LiQuidx

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:40:04 AM

how much do you actually earn on SD if you invest like i have 1btc right now and want to invest in it but not sure how it works Cheesy can you pls guide me? daily profit if possible

You can't be sure how much you will earn (or if you will earn) since it purely dependable on users activity. If they win the you lose and if you lose then you win. You can expect profits in the long run since it is expected for the house to win due to the house edge but still you can't be sure. If you wanna do that though be advised that you should see it as a long term investment since the profits accumulate over time and not over night.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:39:42 PM

You can't be sure how much you will earn (or if you will earn) since it purely dependable on users activity. If they win the you lose and if you lose then you win. You can expect profits in the long run since it is expected for the house to win due to the house edge but still you can't be sure. If you wanna do that though be advised that you should see it as a long term investment since the profits accumulate over time and not over night.

If somebody takes a big win when you bankroll your cash it could take a while to get your money back (you could be a few % down, but that would be unlucky) - however you can drip feed in 0.1 per day/week to reduce any possible impact. For me I earned about 10-15% over 6-7 months, but it depends upon your percentage of bankroll and how lucky the dice players are, and as LiQuidx says, the number of people playing. If SD is not stable, then there is no income. But in my view its certainly worth a go, SD have been going for a while and didn't run off with anybodies money, or lose all money to hackers yet - so they must be doing something right =D.  
Satosh¡ Domains

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:43:06 PM

An investment in SD is a safe bet  Wink
coinspiracy

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:13:57 AM

it is absolutely a safe way to get coins to grow, much better than having them laying around in your wallet.
therealwatcher

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 02:05:05 PM

If somebody takes a big win when you bankroll your cash it could take a while to get your money back (you could be a few % down, but that would be unlucky) - however you can drip feed in 0.1 per day/week to reduce any possible impact. For me I earned about 10-15% over 6-7 months, but it depends upon your percentage of bankroll and how lucky the dice players are, and as LiQuidx says, the number of people playing. If SD is not stable, then there is no income. But in my view its certainly worth a go, SD have been going for a while and didn't run off with anybodies money, or lose all money to hackers yet - so they must be doing something right =D.  

i got around 10% aswell.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:19:53 PM

it is absolutely a safe way to get coins to grow, much better than having them laying around in your wallet.
Yeah it's a good way to grow your coins, although you need to invest a lot to make decent amount of profits. i personally like to keep my coins safe in my wallet and sell them at higher price, i don't like to risk my coins for small profit.
coinspiracy

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:26:33 PM

Yeah it's a good way to grow your coins, although you need to invest a lot to make decent amount of profits. i personally like to keep my coins safe in my wallet and sell them at higher price, i don't like to risk my coins for small profit.

we can all agree that SD is safe and they will not steal users coins, and when you do not trade the coin, they can just as well be invested in SD and grow.
fortuity

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:35:33 AM

we can all agree that SD is safe and they will not steal users coins, and when you do not trade the coin, they can just as well be invested in SD and grow.

There is always a chance that they get hacked or that the owners leave. But as stated earlier they've been around a long time and there has never been any indication that something might be wrong.
cryptohustla

Activity: 126

Look at the brighter Side

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 01:11:11 PM

10% for 7 months? like 1btc would be 1.1 after 7 months? well its actually better profit than a bank..

Getline.in - "Bitcoin Loans. From one person to another"
Getline.in Community Manager - My service is for the Filipino people.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:15:45 PM

I know satoshidice will never cheat/steal it's customers money, but hackers can as fortuity said. look at the recent bitfinex hack, they were quite bigger than satoshidice still they got hacked. Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: