Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218399 times)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:39:05 PM

I've had problems trying to figure out cgminer quickly. It seemed like it would be simple, but setup was not intuitive to me and the help file were poorly made (I think the format examples in the help file were wrong). I had no idea from where to run it...command promt or a window. And trying to disable the GPU using helpfile examples didn't give me any indications it was working in the DOS window (though I still wasn't even sure was the right place to run the program).

Anyway, it didn't take long at all to lose patience with it. A friend told me he used bitminter, and found it from a link on BFL's website. Starting it was just toooo easy and using it's interface was intuitive. So, I've been using it ever since with no real problems.
You should try BFGMiner. Generally, you can simply run it, enter pool info, and it just works.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:55:35 PM

I've had problems trying to figure out cgminer quickly. It seemed like it would be simple, but setup was not intuitive to me and the help file were poorly made (I think the format examples in the help file were wrong). I had no idea from where to run it...command promt or a window. And trying to disable the GPU using helpfile examples didn't give me any indications it was working in the DOS window (though I still wasn't even sure was the right place to run the program).

Anyway, it didn't take long at all to lose patience with it. A friend told me he used bitminter, and found it from a link on BFL's website. Starting it was just toooo easy and using it's interface was intuitive. So, I've been using it ever since with no real problems.
You should try BFGMiner. Generally, you can simply run it, enter pool info, and it just works.

Um, cgminer is the same way.  It's quite powerful and configurable, but defaults work well there too.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:03:47 PM

Um, cgminer is the same way.  It's quite powerful and configurable, but defaults work well there too.
Except cgminer stopped merging FPGA updates (except when people bribe Con), so it doesn't really "just work" in many cases.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:38:46 PM

Except cgminer stopped merging FPGA updates (except when people bribe Con), so it doesn't really "just work" in many cases.
Except that's your opinion of the matter. And seeing as you are in charge of BFGminer, your opinion holds a certain amount of bias. Cgminer does in fact work with many FPGAs, as mdude said.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:37:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback. For now, bitminter has been working great..and hopefully Tom will work with them. It might seem trivial, but it just might make the difference on whether I make another bASIC vs. BFL purchase.

||bit
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 02:15:42 AM

Um, cgminer is the same way.  It's quite powerful and configurable, but defaults work well there too.
Except that's your opinion of the matter. And seeing as you are in charge of BFGminer, your opinion holds a certain amount of bias. Cgminer does in fact work with many FPGAs, as mdude said.
... and after spending many hours last night going through the modminer driver in cgminer that luke-jr wrote and submitted into cgminer
Yes we can check the date ... after modminers were out and running
 I've found that the code that was committed into cgminer doesn't work with ModMinerQuads
(and found out why)

I rewrote all the I/O code like in Icarus and still could not see the (obvious in front of my face) reason why it didn't work until I got the errors that the OS returns displayed (rather than ignored as the code does) ... and then tracked down why those errors were occurring.

Simple answer, the code cannot work - the device type of the /dev/ttyACM0 is not a tty according to linux and thus termios timeouts wont work.

Next step will be: rewrite all that to something that works with windows and linux (or 2 versions of it - one for each linux and windows) coz no doubt we'll need that shortly Smiley

... and the actual fix in the 'other' git to make the code work (rather than having something that didn't work at all) was never sent to cgminer ...

Also we didn't know it didn't work - no one ever said that it never worked and neither of us had an MMQ
I do now ... so I can see the problem ... that's why I'm annoyed about the code Tongue
... also why It's taken a while - until I had enough time to attack the code and debug it rather than spending time tuning it ... it doesn't work at all for me on either computer I have, but mpbm works fine ... coz python implements it's own timeouts, so that works on all serial devices

Though all this hacking with termios has found what hopefully will be a fix for the rare problem I got when transferring an FPGA from windows to linux and having to run a python command to clear the problem (unrelated to the problem above where mining always fails even after stopping a working mpbm)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 02:23:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback. For now, bitminter has been working great..and hopefully Tom will work with them. It might seem trivial, but it just might make the difference on whether I make another bASIC vs. BFL purchase.

||bit
Sounds like you are using windows
following this guide you can have cgminer running in about 5 minutes from a .bat file
https://ozcoin.net/content/win7-cgminer-setup-guide
you can use the same .bat file with any pool just change mining url, user and pass to the one you want to use

on my dedicated mining rigs I drom a shortcut to the .bat file in the startup folder and cgminer starts when the rig does
and that is just one way to setup and start cgminer Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 02:37:59 AM

||bit
following this guide you can have cgminer running in about 5 minutes from a .bat file
you can use the same .bat file with any pool just change mining url, user and pass to the one you want to use

on my dedicated mining rigs I drom a shortcut to the .bat file in the startup folder and cgminer starts when the rig does

You forgot to mention that you named that shortcut "FREE MONEY" so that your wife knows what button to click in case of a crash Cheesy (or was that someone else?)
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:45:02 AM

I think it was "Make Money".

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:01:00 AM

I think it was "Make Money".

makemagicinternetmoney.bat
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 06:43:41 AM

lol yeah - that was a mate - so it was easy for his wife to restart miners Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 09:30:33 AM

||bit

Thanks a lot. I'll try to take a closer look at that later, especially if Tom lags behind on bitminter support.

||bit
cheebydi

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:21:34 AM

So this might be a newbie question, but what else would I need to run 6 bASIC's in Europe?

1 x Laptop
1 x USB 6 Port Hub

and for power?

any tips or links would be really appreciated,
Thanks
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:58:53 AM

So this might be a newbie question, but what else would I need to run 6 bASIC's in Europe?

Some responses will come with the website launch.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:02:16 PM

Um, cgminer is the same way.  It's quite powerful and configurable, but defaults work well there too.
... and after spending many hours last night going through the modminer driver in cgminer that luke-jr wrote and submitted into cgminer
Yes we can check the date ... after modminers were out and running
 I've found that the code that was committed into cgminer doesn't work with ModMinerQuads
(and found out why)

I rewrote all the I/O code like in Icarus and still could not see the (obvious in front of my face) reason why it didn't work until I got the errors that the OS returns displayed (rather than ignored as the code does) ... and then tracked down why those errors were occurring.

Simple answer, the code cannot work - the device type of the /dev/ttyACM0 is not a tty according to linux and thus termios timeouts wont work.

Next step will be: rewrite all that to something that works with windows and linux (or 2 versions of it - one for each linux and windows) coz no doubt we'll need that shortly Smiley

... and the actual fix in the 'other' git to make the code work (rather than having something that didn't work at all) was never sent to cgminer ...

Also we didn't know it didn't work - no one ever said that it never worked and neither of us had an MMQ
I do now ... so I can see the problem ... that's why I'm annoyed about the code Tongue
... also why It's taken a while - until I had enough time to attack the code and debug it rather than spending time tuning it ... it doesn't work at all for me on either computer I have, but mpbm works fine ... coz python implements it's own timeouts, so that works on all serial devices

Though all this hacking with termios has found what hopefully will be a fix for the rare problem I got when transferring an FPGA from windows to linux and having to run a python command to clear the problem (unrelated to the problem above where mining always fails even after stopping a working mpbm)
The irony here is that you're wrong on almost all of this. It's a shame you get rewarded for all your constant trolling, despite having basically no coding skills.

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 04:09:56 PM

1 x Laptop
1 x USB 6 Port Hub

and for power?

Thanks
I would assume that these will be sold with power supplies - although as a UK user I'd certainly like the option to have them fitted with UK standard plugs out of the box  Cheesy
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 04:15:41 PM

1 x Laptop
1 x USB 6 Port Hub

and for power?

Thanks
I would assume that these will be sold with power supplies - although as a UK user I'd certainly like the option to have them fitted with UK standard plugs out of the box  Cheesy

no, you have to buy your own psu's.
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 04:27:12 PM

Hello Gentleman

I am pretty much caught up on email corresponding except for a few people

I have been spending a lot of time getting the new office space ready to process the bASIC shipments.

One thing that is really pissing me off is this web design company who was supposedly regarded as being very professional , has broken two deadlines and is now not returning my emails.

Needless to say I am very unhappy about this.

If anyone here has some real high end web design skills and would like to design an opencart front end for me - please let me know.

I am willing to pay in cash (mastercard, bitcoin, wire transfer whatever you prefer), hardware, or both

You must be very high end designer, I can do web design myself and have designed dozens of websites, I am looking for something that is higher quality than what I am capable of creating myself so please if your not a high end commercial web designer please dont waste both of our time, because I really want to get this new web site launched as soon as possible.

Please call me if you think you can provide the service I am looking for.

thank you.
Tom
315-514-0269

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:11:36 PM

Is it possible to use an old ATX power supply from the GPU mining era with some male barrel adapter like this one to power several bAsic?
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10287

We need to know the size of the barrel connector.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:16:16 PM

Is it possible to use an old ATX power supply from the GPU mining era with some male barrel adapter like this one to power several bAsic?
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10287

We need to know the size of the barrel connector.

Im pretty sure there will be both a barrel connector AND a 4pin molex like is on the MMQ. This way you can choose which to use.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: