Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:30:23 PM

How much does poloniex charge to list a coin? I bet the price of CRW will rise faster if it were on Poloniex.

No idea how much they charge, be great if you could find out  Wink

Anyways I have submitted the form to add Crown there. It be great if more people could do it today.

Also tweeted out to poloniex to add Crown

They don't accept money or applications for listings as far as I know.  It was a struggle to get them to take Dash seriously in the early days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:39:34 PM

Anyways I have submitted the form to add Crown there. It be great if more people could do it today.

Me and my friend both filled out the form for crown last week as well.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 04:21:08 PM

Be great if more members of the community could fill out this form  Smiley

https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 08:21:40 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2016, 08:33:46 PM by crowncoin_knight

Brand new web is comming. Our designers got this task: to go carefully over most of crypto projects webs here http://coinmarketcap.com and create the best crypto web not only targeting the crypto community. Our current web is outdated, but it completed its task well..

Their conclusion: the new Crown web will be a modern looking, well balanced: 60% towards current mostly IT users within the crypto community - to drive talent to Crown, and 40% targeting everyday people looking out to crypto - as an investment alternative

Will be posting progress here for comments in the next weeks, hopefully online with our core btc and dash update

urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:45:00 PM

Be great if more members of the community could fill out this form  Smiley

https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest

just filled out the form for Poloniex as well. 
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 06:02:55 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2016, 06:50:33 AM by crowncoin_knight

Well, looks like Mr. Trump will be the next US president. This will be positive for crypto.

jeliman (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 125

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 08:16:30 AM

314 Thrones masternodes online

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:17:43 AM

Well, looks like Mr. Trump will be the next US president. This will be positive for crypto.

Impressive brave face you are putting on there  Wink
urban_idler

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 04:56:40 PM

I'm reasonably certain that most of America doesn't realize what they just invited to dinner.  

The election seems to have been driven by the fact that anything has to be better than a Bush or a Clinton -- the two families who have sat atop their respective major parties for the last 3 decades.  The electorate may end up being right -- but history doesn't supply us with counterfactuals.  We move through it only once and have to learn what we can.

So America has a new president elect -- but it will also have the same party in control of the House, Senate and the Presidency.  But at this point, there is no comprehensive set of policies which this new government represents.

This is a difficult day for many Americans.  The electorate was very split, on racial and gender lines in a way it hasn't ever been before.  Both parties did this.  On the left, folks have used the label of "racist" to shut down reasonable arguments from those who aren't minorities and disagreed with them for decades now.  I have been on the receiving end of this and it is chilling.  On the right now it would appear that the party of Lincoln & Reagan has now embraced something else.  So there has been collusion in this collapse of civilized dialog -- but the question is where does it go from here?

Today, the answer is where-ever Trump wants to take it.  He won.  And he could do great things -- it's just that what he said he would do, in order to get elected, was a some great stuff and some really weird stuff.  People don't seem to be worried about that today - but seem dazed.

Now America, like Russia, is lead by a man who would like to help "reclaim our nation's destiny."  In America, the use of the word "destiny" tends to refer to manifest destiny:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny

And if this is the playbook, then there is the potential for a new sort of alliance which just emerged which would seem to be linking Washington, London and Moscow.  

The role of the media in this will be key.  This whole election cycle in the US, with its tenuous link to any empirical reality reminded me of Peter Pomeransev's book on the new Russia,
https://www.amazon.com/Nothing-True-Everything-Possible-Surreal/dp/1610396006

All in all -- anyone who talks of destiny is always seeking to manipulate people -- and that is what politicians do.  But this event is also a reminder that we live in a world best described by quantum physics, where low probability events happen every day.  There is no inevitability or destiny to any of this -- just the hopes and dreams of men confronting a world they don't understand.

My guess is that the answer to all this is less government and more respect for individuals -- not another new person telling people what to think.  Within this framework, of respecting individual freedom and human agency in the face of those who seek to manipulate and control (generally most governments -- maybe all, but I don't know all of them, so I will say most), each of us has to ask what we will do.

For my part, I'm working on understanding different solutions to the byzantine general's problem and learning to code, to see if I can help create a distributed, decentralized, trustless platform for computing, contracting and commerce which would serve to preserve the agency of each individual.  

The funny thing about Gödel's incompleteness theorem is that it not only tells us we can't know everything -- but it also says that to get anywhere you have to start with an assumption, or a belief.   In this way, Godel of all people is implying that something must be "sacred" or beyond question.  And then after that you can construct a logically complete system (or that's the cliff notes version).  

So the USA will have a new president who would like to be able to tell people what to do, how to live, and how to think.  Governments tend to attract these sorts of folks.  My "operating assumption" or what I hold "sacred" is that we each need to be able decide what to do for ourselves.  HUMAN AGENCY, not anyone's vision of a NATION'S DESTINY must be the anchor for a JUST SOCIETY.  

The project of building the infrastructure which could possibly enable a just society seems to be what the crypto community is doing -- whether intentionally or unintentionally.  I believe the infrastructure this community is building will be essential at some point - I just don't know when.  

Crown's goal is to be a part of this and to add a few of it's own innovations along the way.  One of those innovations, might be a SOCIAL CONTRACT of sorts -- instead of a terms of service.  It would state the values and beliefs which inform action on the crown network.  I would argue that a social contract declaring that HUMAN AGENCY is sacred in some way is essential -- not just for confronting other people who will tell us what to do, but also the increasingly sophisticated machine intelligences which seek to nudge and manage us. If we game things out, the issue in the future will be both bossy and controlling machines as well as bossy and controlling people.  

If the project sounds interesting, get in touch with the guys who are developing it.  I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on some of the big picture stuff...

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 05:51:21 PM

So the USA will have a new president who would like to be able to tell people what to do, how to live, and how to think.  Governments tend to attract these sorts of folks.  My "operating assumption" or what I hold "sacred" is that we each need to be able decide what to do for ourselves.  HUMAN AGENCY, not anyone's vision of a NATION'S DESTINY must be the anchor for a JUST SOCIETY.  

The project of building the infrastructure which could possibly enable a just society seems to be what the crypto community is doing -- whether intentionally or unintentionally.  I believe the infrastructure this community is building will be essential at some point - I just don't know when.  

Crown's goal is to be a part of this and to add a few of it's own innovations along the way.  One of those innovations, might be a SOCIAL CONTRACT of sorts -- instead of a terms of service.  It would state the values and beliefs which inform action on the crown network.  I would argue that a social contract declaring that HUMAN AGENCY is sacred in some way is essential -- not just for confronting other people who will tell us what to do, but also the increasingly sophisticated machine intelligences which seek to nudge and manage us. If we game things out, the issue in the future will be both bossy and controlling machines as well as bossy and controlling people.  

If the project sounds interesting, get in touch with the guys who are developing it.  I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on some of the big picture stuff...

Fair human interaction is moving to the blockchain...

urban_idler

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 07:42:35 PM

Don't think at the end of the day that I disagree with CCK's point here - but I would frame it more, well more carefully...

So two elements to discuss:
1. What is fairness?
2. How do we logically "seed" a system?

1. On fairness -- I don't know what fairness is.  My experience of it is that whenever I have an advantage -- an adversary will try to get me to give up my advantage (whether it was earned or unearned) and justify this position in terms of fairness.  But when I would ask that same adversary to reciprocate on the grounds of fairness -- they would tend not to.  So in my experience, fairness is a sort of Trojan horse negotiating concept.  The other issue with fairness is that it tends to be judged by outcomes.  But if we really live in a quantum universe as science implies, then the outcomes have a random element and one cannot control for outcome.  So fairness also tends to be anchored and evaluated based on the independent not the dependent variables in a situation.  So for these reasons, I tend to avoid fairness and focus instead on the dependent variables.

2. This is what gets one to the idea of human agency -- which is another way of saying freedom but more specific -- it specifies the importance of a persons ability to act.  This is an dependent variable -- so the control to enforce it would need to be on the means, not the ends of a process.  And the other unique property of using human agency as the "logical seed" of a distributed social system which includes governance, and other elements -- is that the human is the seed then for the actions and the motivating force for the system.

Now -- ideally this sort of system seeded by human agency and executed in code would tend toward what we might describe as fairness over time if it works as intended.  Fairness might be the logical tendency, not the literal goal or purpose.

I would also point out that the key mechanism here isn't literally the blockchain -- but the code & community surrounding it -- the on ramps and off ramps.  So it is a combination of encryption, private-public keys, cloud computing resource and masternodes, mobile wallets, distributed databases/blockchains, tokens, api's and the developers and users.  The blockchain is just a placeholder term for this combination of technologies and the other future technologies which will get added to the integrated systems and ecosystems which are developing.

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 08:25:29 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2016, 08:37:46 PM by crowncoin_knight

Impressive brave face you are putting on there  Wink

Don't think at the end of the day that I disagree with CCK's point here - but I would frame it more, well more carefully...

So two elements to discuss:
1. What is fairness?
2. How do we logically "seed" a system?

1. On fairness -- I don't know what fairness is.  My experience of it is that whenever I have an advantage -- an adversary will try to get me to give up my advantage (whether it was earned or unearned) and justify this position in terms of fairness.  But when I would ask that same adversary to reciprocate on the grounds of fairness -- they would tend not to.  So in my experience, fairness is a sort of Trojan horse negotiating concept.  The other issue with fairness is that it tends to be judged by outcomes.  But if we really live in a quantum universe as science implies, then the outcomes have a random element and one cannot control for outcome.  So fairness also tends to be anchored and evaluated based on the independent not the dependent variables in a situation.  So for these reasons, I tend to avoid fairness and focus instead on the dependent variables.

2. This is what gets one to the idea of human agency -- which is another way of saying freedom but more specific -- it specifies the importance of a persons ability to act.  This is an dependent variable -- so the control to enforce it would need to be on the means, not the ends of a process.  And the other unique property of using human agency as the "logical seed" of a distributed social system which includes governance, and other elements -- is that the human is the seed then for the actions and the motivating force for the system.

Now -- ideally this sort of system seeded by human agency and executed in code would tend toward what we might describe as fairness over time if it works as intended.  Fairness might be the logical tendency, not the literal goal or purpose.

I would also point out that the key mechanism here isn't literally the blockchain -- but the code & community surrounding it -- the on ramps and off ramps.  So it is a combination of encryption, private-public keys, cloud computing resource and masternodes, mobile wallets, distributed databases/blockchains, tokens, api's and the developers and users.  The blockchain is just a placeholder term for this combination of technologies and the other future technologies which will get added to the integrated systems and ecosystems which are developing.

Good points here.

1. Fairness or Truth, which is maybe a better word is simple to me: it is something that really happened - something that can be verified (on a blockchain), a contract between two parties, an exchange of any sort, simply whatever relationship between two parties, which can be timestamped in the blockchain. If the blockchain existed 1000 years ago - historians would be out of the job because the Truth would be known. Of course its completely another discussion wheather it is good or bad for one person or country - truth is not good or bad its just a fact...and we should use it this way: always below any human, a servant to any human being

2. It would be great if the best minds in the world (philosophers, economists, businessmen, workers, lawyers, etc) could come up with basic set of rules which would govern the blockchain, these rules will not be fixed, but can be changed by voting, can be extended or can be abolished by democratic principles which are developing in the crypto community: these developing new crypto communities would then assure a fair exchange in values between its members and users so they feel free and safe when they trade, enter in a contract, or whatever - if someone misuses the system - the blockchain will beep them out. You know my idea where this all should start - it should start with the exchange of ideas (since they are the ones most threatened by theft). Well working on that  Wink

3. Your point about the whole ecosystem surrounding the blockchain is of course right, I would maybe emphasize one thing: there are only two things in the world that still uses paper: toilet paper and money Smiley so the exchange value itself is key for me although secondary now. Historically, the mean of exchange was iron, salt, silver, gold and in the future it will be a internet token, which has to prove the value behind - this value you have mentioned: the value surrounding the whole ecosystem

I think we understand each other

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:19:30 PM

Looks like there's a big jump in price due. Not a certainty but it looks like a whale has been catching coins as price comes down.
Strong support for almost 2 months. Pennant pattern is nearly coming to its end... Will it go up or down?

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 09:33:11 AM

Looks like there's a big jump in price due. Not a certainty but it looks like a whale has been catching coins as price comes down.
Strong support for almost 2 months. Pennant pattern is nearly coming to its end... Will it go up or down?

I think you are right, buyers are stepping in again after price has stabilized.

CHAOSiTEC2

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:55:25 PM

WARNING: do not do any dealings with account CHAOSiTEC, until i verify from this account that i got it back.

i have reported it as being hacked, someone got hold of my account credentials and change password and email address.. im currently trying to resolve the issues but have yet to recieve any repsonds from admins

Stonehedge and defunctec are aware of this, and also know that this account is controlled by the rightful owner of CHAOSiTEC

CHAOSiTEC
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:57:43 PM

WARNING: do not do any dealings with account CHAOSiTEC, until i verify from this account that i got it back.

i have reported it as being hacked, someone got hold of my account credentials and change password and email address.. im currently trying to resolve the issues but have yet to recieve any repsonds from admins

Stonehedge and defunctec are aware of this, and also know that this account is controlled by the rightful owner of CHAOSiTEC

CHAOSiTEC

Post the admin contact info here, I'll send them a message too.
CHAOSiTEC2

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:15:12 PM

CHAOSiTEC

i PMed badbear and theymos
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:37:39 AM

CHAOSiTEC

Any news?
CHAOSiTEC2

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 09:48:53 AM

CHAOSiTEC

Any news?

None, no reply from any admins, i have bumped the thread
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 03:22:07 PM

CHAOSiTEC

Any news?

None, no reply from any admins, i have bumped the thread

Chaositec pls can you post here the link to the thread where your lost account is discussed?

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: