Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:46:47 AM

Just replace the bios with the gforce black bios. Same cooler, same power setting, more hash
How do you do that sp?  Thx

Extract the bios from a gforce black. Flash it on the windforce (GV-N75TOC-2G)

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:38:44 AM

Just replace the bios with the gforce black bios. Same cooler, same power setting, more hash
How do you do that sp?  Thx

Extract the bios from a gforce black. Flash it on the windforce (GV-N75TOC-2G)
Thanks sp...I looked on my rig ( has 4 black editions ) and they are hashing at a higher rate then the other two GV-N75TOC-2G cards..same oc.
Ps Could you please look into what is causing us not to do round robin bat files with ccminer that keeps on crashing. We need backup pools in the bat file ect. It appears to be in ccminer itself.  
With cudaminer we can also do this a timer but need it for pool backup.

:start
cudaminer.exe -l T5x24 -o stratum+tcp://nyan.mining-pool.co.uk:3336 -u me -p x -d 0,1,2,3 --time-limit 300
goto start

Thx
ManiacMiner

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:05:24 AM

I noticed slight drop in performance in the new 1.5.48 version on quark. I have 3x750Ti and previous 1.5.47 gives a bit more.

(つ ͡๏ ͜১ ͡๏ )つ[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]ε=ʕ ͡๏ ͜১ ͡๏ʔ=з
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:19:57 AM

wow - so much happened and i missed it all ...

was completely swamped today - and wont be back in the office till tomorrow now ...

the open mining rig - we started like that ... only to find over time that those ribbon cables eventually died and burned SO many of our cards out ( connected to 280x at the time ) ...

now usb risers all the way - 56 of them and growing - and not one hitch - with less power issues and almost NO burnouts of cables or connectors ...

ccminer-spmod runs on all the cards now ( replaced 75% of the farm with gigabyte 750ti oc ( and lp versions ) ) and they run a little more hot than a few months ago ( which im guessing is due to the optimizations ) - but so much more smooth and a higher hashrate on stock clocks ... no oc on any of them - no need really - and way too fiddly with firmware flashing etc with all the cards in the farm ...

if quark is back on with yaamp and has no issues - would it be better to mine there? ... we find that westhash seems to have less downtime than yaamp ...

the test miner ( 2 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp ) which is still donating currently under quark to sp - is STILL rock solid with the -g 5 -i 22 parameters for quark ...

might setup the donation links on various algos on westhash with yaamp being the failover if westhash link dies altogether ( and the link has to die completely for it to failover ) ... or failover to nicehash THEN yaamp as the last failover ... what do you think guys n gals ...

will now pull the latest from git - compile and see how that runs with the same settings ...

see the progress here ... https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=12&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ...

sp - we will keep this miner donating to you for the time being and keep updating to test ... but we need to know which algo you would rather have running on ... if quark is it - then we can leave it where it is for the time being ...

guys n gals - all of your advice would be most helpful ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:20:33 AM

I noticed slight drop in performance in the new 1.5.48 version on quark. I have 3x750Ti and previous 1.5.47 gives a bit more.

what settings do you have? ...

#crysx

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:27:12 AM

bathrobehero,

What is the advantage for mining when increasing the TDP of a 750Ti via a flashed BIOS?

I imagine that it allows a higher overclock and therefore higher hashrate. But, I have had a PNY 750Ti OC for over a year, and I never flashed it. I never saw anyone posting any hashrates for algorithms that I cared to mine that were significantly higher than what my card would do (with my particular card's stock BIOS - OC maximized). Sure, maybe a less than 5% faster hashrate than my card, but that just didn't seem worth the risk and effort.

Am I correct or mistaken?
Actually the 750ti throttles at stock tdp (meaning when it reaches 100%tdp, it gets clocked down a bit to stay below the 100% tdp target...) increasing the tdp would allow it to be more stable regardless of the OC (also it is the voltage which needs to be increased for higher overclocking)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:01:57 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 11:47:57 AM by tbearhere

Trying to figure out why ccminer doesn't crash on this computer but does on my rig when stratums go down and I have a 2nd pool backup and it crashes at the goto loop command . I just noticed that one card on this computer is the super clocked factory setting no oc needed is on the mobo and it stays at 1350 750ti sweet spot. So overclocking may be part of the problem. But it still shouldn't crash IMO.

:loop
ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
And it crashes right here at the goto loop and says ccminer.exe can't be found. So it freezes right there.
goto loop

And if I click off the notification only it starts mining again without manually  restarting ccminer.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:17:07 AM

@tbearhere:

I'm not using loops myself and I don't have any crashes, but seeing as the error message is that 'ccminer.exe is not found', have you tried adding the full path to ccminer? Could be that the crash is somehow messing up the set working directory for the batch file. If you are already using the full path at launch, then the suggestion is moot.
The result would be something like:

<somedrive><somefolder><somesubfolder>\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
<somedrive><somefolder><somesubfolder>\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
goto loop

Good Luck!

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:27:10 AM

@tbearhere:

I'm not using loops myself and I don't have any crashes, but seeing as the error message is that 'ccminer.exe is not found', have you tried adding the full path to ccminer? Could be that the crash is somehow messing up the set working directory for the batch file. If you are already using the full path at launch, then the suggestion is moot.
The result would be something like:

<somedrive><somefolder><somesubfolder>\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
<somedrive><somefolder><somesubfolder>\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
goto loop

Good Luck!
@myagui
I'm very amateur at this. Could you explain more on <somedrive><somefolder><somesubfolder>\ please? Thx
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:46:29 AM

I'm assuming that your launch batch file is placed on the same folder as the ccminer executable.
For sake of example, let's say that ccminer.exe is stored in this folder:

c:\miners\ccminer\release99\

So your batch file would be right alongside ccminer.exe (placed on the same folder), but for completeness, you would call the executable with a full path string, like so:

c:\miners\ccminer\release99\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
c:\miners\ccminer\release99\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
goto loop

So now just replace c:\miners\ccminer\release99\ from this example with whatever is the actual location of your executable, and there you go. No clue this will help at all though, just a quick experiment that cannot hurt.

If you want to place the batch file in a location separate from the miner executable, you can just add a folder navigation command at the loop start, like so:

cd c:\miners\ccminer\release99\
goto loop

You might need to tweak the path strings depending on how long your folder names are, or if there's any spaces on them. Adding one more example in which one folder name is using a space - note the added quote symbols (")

cd "c:\miners\ccminer\latest release\"
"c:\miners\ccminer\latest release\ccminer.exe" -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
"c:\miners\ccminer\latest release\ccminer.exe" -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
goto loop

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

I'm assuming that your launch batch file is placed on the same folder as the ccminer executable.
For sake of example, let's say that ccminer.exe is stored in this folder:

c:\miners\ccminer\release99\

So your batch file would be right alongside ccminer.exe (placed on the same folder), but for completeness, you would call the executable with a full path string, like so:

c:\miners\ccminer\release99\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
c:\miners\ccminer\release99\ccminer.exe -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
goto loop

So now just replace c:\miners\ccminer\release99\ from this example with whatever is the actual location of your executable, and there you go. No clue this will help at all though, just a quick experiment that cannot hurt.

If you want to place the batch file in a location separate from the miner executable, you can just add a folder navigation command at the loop start, like so:

cd c:\miners\ccminer\release99\
goto loop

You might need to tweak the path strings depending on how long your folder names are, or if there's any spaces on them. Adding one more example in which one folder name is using a space - note the added quote symbols (")

cd "c:\miners\ccminer\latest release\"
"c:\miners\ccminer\latest release\ccminer.exe" -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
"c:\miners\ccminer\latest release\ccminer.exe" -r 1 -R 5 -a quark   -o stratum+tcp://anypool
goto loop

Yes it's in the same folder and I'll try to understand what you just posted and give it a try. thank you myagui
Ps What do you use?
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:18:39 PM

Yes it's in the same folder and I'll try to understand what you just posted and give it a try. thank you myagui
Ps What do you use?

When I'm mining straight for BTC, I just use MinerControl:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/miner-control/

It may take a while to fully configure, but I think that it is definitely worth it, for the ease of use (basically, set and forget). MinerControl takes care of switching between what is paying the most, and also switches when a pool is dead/offline.

When I'm mining a specific coin, I use a batch file with a single call to ccminer. I don't ever have a crash, so I never cared to make a looping system. This configuration does not include a backup pool though. I babysit my miner when I'm not using MinerControl.

Here's what I'm running right this instant:

@echo off
C:
cd "C:\1. Cudaminer\cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86\"
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "CACHE GPU-0" /HIGH /AFFINITY 0x5 "C:\1. Cudaminer\cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86\cudaminer.exe" -a scrypt-jane:CACH -o stratum+tcp://cach.catcoin.cz:3333 -u <user.worker1> -p <password> -i 0 -L 8 -l t64x4 -b 4096 -m 1 -q -d 0
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "CACHE GPU-1" /HIGH /AFFINITY 0xA "C:\1. Cudaminer\cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86\cudaminer.exe" -a scrypt-jane:CACH -o stratum+tcp://cach.catcoin.cz:3333 -u <user.worker2> -p <password> -i 0 -L 8 -l t64x4 -b 4096 -m 1 -q -d 1

This batch file runs 2 concurrent cudaminer instances - both get launched at the same time - as it is using a "start" parameter. The point of using 2 instances is to have a separate worker for each GPU, which improves the reported hashrate for this pool/algo. This launch type also let's you easily tweak priority/affinity settings, which is useful in certain instances (and specially if you are also CPU mining).
IIRC, I had to set the shortcut to such batch files with the "run as administrator" option enabled, otherwise priority and/or affinity would not stick.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:30:55 PM

Ps What do you use?

When I'm mining straight for BTC, I just use MinerControl:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/miner-control/

It may take a while to fully configure, but I think that it is definitely worth it, for the ease of use (basically, set and forget). MinerControl takes care of switching between what is paying the most, and also switches when a pool is dead/offline.

When I'm mining a specific coin, I use a batch file with a single call to ccminer. I don't ever have a crash, so I never cared to make a looping system. This configuration does not include a backup pool though. I babysit my miner when I'm not using MinerControl.

Here's what I'm running right this instant:

@echo off
C:
cd "C:\1. Cudaminer\cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86\"
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "CACHE GPU-0" /HIGH /AFFINITY 0x5 "C:\1. Cudaminer\cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86\cudaminer.exe" -a scrypt-jane:CACH -o stratum+tcp://cach.catcoin.cz:3333 -u <user.worker1> -p <password> -i 0 -L 8 -l t64x4 -b 4096 -m 1 -q -d 0
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "CACHE GPU-1" /HIGH /AFFINITY 0xA "C:\1. Cudaminer\cudaminer-2014-02-28\x86\cudaminer.exe" -a scrypt-jane:CACH -o stratum+tcp://cach.catcoin.cz:3333 -u <user.worker2> -p <password> -i 0 -L 8 -l t64x4 -b 4096 -m 1 -q -d 1

This batch file runs 2 concurrent cudaminer instances - both get launched at the same time - as it is using a "start" parameter. The point of using 2 instances is to have a separate worker for each GPU, which improves the reported hashrate for this pool/algo. This launch type also let's you easily tweak priority/affinity settings, which is useful in certain instances (and specially if you are also CPU mining).
IIRC, I had to set the shortcut to such batch files with the "run as administrator" option enabled, otherwise priority and/or affinity would not stick.
Thank you myagui. I downloaded KBomba's  miner control some time ago and didn't set it up yet. And my main concern is a backup pool right now. Looking at your info now and thx for your time helping me.
Slava_K

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:38:36 PM

on yaamp skein is 2x lower...

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
flipclip

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:57:18 PM

if quark is back on with yaamp and has no issues - would it be better to mine there? ... we find that westhash seems to have less downtime than yaamp ...

#crysx

Past day or so westhash has offered better payment with quark (or if yaamp was more, it was only slightly).  As of now westhash with quark is beating yaamp with quark.  I think you'd be safe leaving it on westhash (though keeping an eye on payment spread every so often).
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:23:36 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 06:50:00 PM by sp_

now usb risers all the way - 56 of them and growing - and not one hitch - with less power issues and almost NO burnouts of cables or connectors ...
(...)
#crysx

You've got one of the biggest private NVIDA farms in the world.

The most famous australian that I can think of on a friday night is the Australian comedian Jim Jefferies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3tM5UvvKKE

Cheers mate

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:55:39 PM

(...)
#crysx

The most famous australian that I can think of on a friday night is the Australian comedian Jim Jefferies.

Cheers mate

Jim Jefferies is hilarious. He's one of my favourites along with Louis CK, Doug Stanhope, Jimmy Carr and Lewis Black.

Not your keys, not your coins!
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 08:53:45 PM

GPUTHREADS--

Mining with the latest Windows release (v48) on Win 7 x64 with a GTX 960 SSC, with the settings of "-i 22 -g 4"' I am getting realistic hash rate reports of ~9.5Mh/s locally, and 8.3Mh/s on WestHash Quark.  I think the gputhreads switch is working.

However, with single-threaded "-i 23.7", I get about 10.6Mh/s locally and 10-11Mh/s on WestHash Quark.  It appears the card can crank hash more efficiently single-threaded.  I miined for about one hour with gputhreads.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:25:01 AM

(...)
#crysx

Cheers mate

just woke - so catching up on posts ...

but one of the largest nvidia farms? ... really? ... i would not have thought so ...

jim jefferies - need to make time to watch this ...

so much errands and running aroudn to do today - on a saturday ...

by the way - ALL the nvidia cards run ccminer-spmod ... the amd cards run sgminer-dev version ( and wolf binaries ) ...

#crysx

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:08:01 AM

Question: how are you computing performance from multiple devices?
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: