Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed  (Read 190132 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:37:33 AM

Don't worry guys! Let's remember the good times:

I just wanted to say, that I love your service. It was a kickstarter for me to invest in other programs, too but I will always be loyal to you Smiley

Please stay as transparent and possible and keep going! Looking to invest a significant amount very soon!  Cool
Going to make a good sized withdrawal in order to make some important life purchases that I have been planning for. A fantastic service here and I look forward to future investing with with BitcoinMax!
is very simple, if pirate is smarter to think of something before everyone else, he would be smart enough to cover up as much as he requires....just a thought.

Also for all the people who talk about pirate being a ponzi, just remember that, we as individuals are limited by our own intelligence. It allows us only to 'digest' whatever is within our own limited capacity to understand.....we only have the ability to think within our mind, if someone else is smarter, they just are....like pirate is....
Yeah, thanks for the great service! I really liked how you managed it. Pity it was cut short.

I have all faith in Pirate, as many have pointed out if he intended to run off with our coins he wouldn't bother making announcements.

For some, not even a million bucks is enough to lose all their rep.
Oh look, lower interest rates.  This should shut those ponzi folks up... the ones yammering about 7% not going to last for one year.  It sure didn't, but pirate still isn't running a ponzi Smiley

Goooooooood tiiiiiiiimes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:14:40 AM

Also for all the people who talk about pirate being a ponzi, just remember that, we as individuals are limited by our own intelligence. It allows us only to 'digest' whatever is within our own limited capacity to understand.....we only have the ability to think within our mind, if someone else is smarter, they just are....like pirate is....

This is an interesting and very true statement. It means that I have to consider the weakness of my own brain when I try to manage my investment risk. The human brain is generally weak and full of systematic flaws. There is some very interesting, recent research on this.

One of the more fundamental flaws is that emotions, like strong wishes and strong fears, impede rational thinking. When we fervently wish for something to be true, our rational judgment and reality check is clouded, if not entirely switched off.

Another basic flaw of the human brain is its general tendency for self-overestimation.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 09:48:52 AM

This is an interesting and very true statement. It means that I have to consider the weakness of my own brain when I try to manage my investment risk. The human brain is generally weak and full of systematic flaws. There is some very interesting, recent research on this.

One of the more fundamental flaws is that emotions, like strong wishes and strong fears, impede rational thinking. When we fervently wish for something to be true, our rational judgment and reality check is clouded, if not entirely switched off.

Another basic flaw of the human brain is its general tendency for self-overestimation.

quoted just for the heck of it.......cheers buddy. We are all limited in some way or the other...we are just conditioned creatures since birth....just stuck with our perceptions....as shown to us since birth...if you were told something else right from the beginning, you would have believed something else totally.....so where does intelligence come in? but the realization on your part shows how far away people are in reference....cheers

The human will is free !

Pirate is just smarter.....as in "he deserves the loot"?

There is a proverb in german ..( freely translated in zykloogish ) :

Stupidity doesn´t protect you from punishment.

Don´t see any precedent in angloamerican jurisdiction, which contradicts the above statements....yet.....oh...no right in time there are coming at least 5 in my mind Angry

Cheers Zyk
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:26:45 PM

So what is the status quo?

How are the PPT operators working together?
What is being done to find Pirate?
What legal actions have been started?

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:29:22 PM

What have *you* done?  Or are you waiting for someone else to do it for you?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 08:55:16 PM

Considering that I'm not even on the same continent as Pirate, my options are somewhat limited but I'm willing to put part of my promised funds into a pool if that helps to get this successfully solved.

I said before that I wouldn't mind having the BMax-details handed over to Pirate if that helps, but payb.tc decided not to do anything. Of course it can be discussed if that would have had any success, but that's a moot point since the chance has been ignored. Call me ignorant, but I think that PPT operators do have a certain responsibility for the funds given to them, even if they want to rely on some TOS allowing them to just shrug and move on. Right now we have the Team Ponzi who dances around its "told ya" bonfire and a ton of investors who are left in the rain.

Is this the image the community wants to show to the world? That it concentrates on internal mudslinging while letting scammers walk away whistling?

Almost every time you read about Bitcoin on the bigger news sites, it's about scams, hacks and frauds. How many of those cases landed in front of a court? How many times was even just an attempt made to get it there? You read all the time about how people will get their lawyers involved, but it never seems to happen. You just read that another hack happened; but you never read that any of those behind it has to go to jail.

What did I do? I've been introducing Bitcoin to all my friends in the past months, told them about the benefits and possibilities. Now the recent news are about a scammer who ran off with $5mil and a hacker who stole $250k. Expected legal results? None. That doesn't make it easier to convince people, you know?

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:53:30 PM

Maybe pirate was just running a pass-through for Zeek Rewards.  The timing is certainly suspect:
  • Jan 2011 Zeek Rewards opens, paying out 1.5% daily (established long before pirate setup shop)
  • Aug 17th 2012 SEC files complaint and Zeek Rewards subsequently shuts down it's website

1.5% daily is enough cream on the top to accommodate for small changes in bitcoin price.
Perhaps pirate's request for PPT operators was more to get a count of how many were affected (for the SEC?).

I really don't know but I just heard about Zeek Rewards and I'm rather surprised that nobody else on the forums seem to have tried to link pirate with it yet.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
zyk

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:53:47 PM

Ok, here is in all humility, what Zyk proposes in as much plain zykloogish as he can provide Wink :

1.  Bitcoinmax opens again and fesses up to it being an endeavour with fraudelent Terms of Service in the past.

2.  OP provides responsibility for lost principal and instead of being charnged himself, is being worshipped and hailed, as the ToS are changed to :

All interest accrued on investors accounts during the term of  BCST operation can´t be passed through, as BCST never earned them.

Accrued interest is subtracted from the balance of each account and put in an escrow account seperated from OP.s privat wallets.

3.  Escrow is transparently counted and starts to to pay back principal of each account up to 51 % of the (interest subtracted) balance.

4.  Those accounts with still a remaining negative balance (Erebus f.ex.) are reminded that bitcoinworld and bitcoinmax is going to serve a higher ground

and needs everybody and their funds to put up a new virtual world central bank. ( negative balances are kindly asked to be leveled!!)

5.  As such i personally believe there are some funds left in escrow which will be spend on the witch hunt of pirate and other PPT´s, in so far as they stick to

being ineligible for the to be recovered coins  and are made available to f.ex. sadpandatech or some kind to be arranged professional search and prosecution.

6.  Those funds are to be completed by all other PPT´s and individual accountholders funds invested in BCST which don´t want to stay in the rain, if and when

pirate is tracked down and put back as a lost son in our arms, having distributed his remaining loot the way discribed above.

No. 7 to 12. are in the making and are subjected to change, as some unignorant input is given by you !!

Cheers Zyk

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:15:36 PM

Cheers Zyk
This is still the only part of your posts that anyone can understand.

Please do not post in English any more, The language does not deserve such abuse.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
zyk

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:47:52 PM

Cheers Zyk
This is still the only part of your posts that anyone can understand.

Please do not post in English any more, The language does not deserve such abuse.

Obviously you don´ t need to understand it....just correct grammar, typos, tense and interpunctation please

and tell me for which word you need a dictionary Wink  happy to translate it for ya or just press ignore

Cheers Zyk

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 01:50:15 AM

The interest rate stops counting at bitcoinmax.com ?
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 01:53:40 AM

I think payb.tc turned off the payment script, yeah. No reason to keep it running; it wouldn't change the proportionality.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:02:11 AM

This just happened in #btcst
[21:00:43] <Tittiez> ;;calc piratemoney - repayments
[21:00:44] <@gribble> Error: 'piratemoney' is not a defined function.

Looks like pirate money is undefined.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
sadpandatech

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:32:19 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 04:04:43 AM by sadpandatech

Maybe pirate was just running a pass-through for Zeek Rewards.  The timing is certainly suspect:
  • Jan 2011 Zeek Rewards opens, paying out 1.5% daily (established long before pirate setup shop)
  • Aug 17th 2012 SEC files complaint and Zeek Rewards subsequently shuts down it's website

1.5% daily is enough cream on the top to accommodate for small changes in bitcoin price.
Perhaps pirate's request for PPT operators was more to get a count of how many were affected (for the SEC?).

I really don't know but I just heard about Zeek Rewards and I'm rather surprised that nobody else on the forums seem to have tried to link pirate with it yet.

strange you bring up Zeek Rewards.

Pirate(Trendon)'s wife's Twitter had very very little on it, like maybe 20 posts for the 2 years it was up. A few of them were links to Zeek Rewards.....  I got it saved, lemme go peak now. I did tihnk of it before but thought it had collapsed a while back.

edit; grrr, it was not directly on her tweets. will have to research again. it musta been in her following junk or some shiz...

edit; any of you stalkers happen to grab a snapshot of her favorites or following?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
zyk

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 06:26:23 AM

May we see some (admittedly rather small ) steps  in the right directions already, even without comments? Wink

Erebus undefining stolen funds, Sadpandatech going for it in earnst and even Mr. Joel Katz

citing Madoff as a precedent ?:

Hasn´t been this ignorant lately, hein? Wink  Of course CNN is not the Wall Street Journal.

Its a happy day

Cheers Zyk
hgmichna

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 06:58:51 AM

Right now we have the Team Ponzi who dances around its "told ya" bonfire …

Only in your sick imagination. Even now you cannot stop trying to throw dirt at those who tried in vain to help you.

Nobody is dancing.
drakahn

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 07:09:53 AM

Only in your sick imagination. Even now you cannot stop trying to throw dirt at those who tried in vain to help you.

Nobody is dancing.
You continue to post, why?
It can't be that you are "warning" people...

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
hgmichna

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 07:13:32 AM

Nobody is dancing.

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "warning"?

If somebody needs to be set straight, I sometimes do that. The message you replied to is an example.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:31:00 AM

Hmmmm, so we have

Zeek

and we have

Zyk

Too much of a coincidence if you ask me  Cheesy
zyk

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 11:45:49 AM

Nobody is dancing.

Of course people somtimes  need to be made aware of things, even if its dancing with the secret service. Cheesy

You really are  making it patently clear, that you prefer ostrich - strategies Wink

Cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: